3D Concepts. by Hockaday
Started on: 03-14-2010 03:54 PM
Replies: 140
Last post by: Hockaday on 02-23-2011 01:52 AM
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Have to smooth out this model some...but anyway new render of old model!

IP: Logged
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Hockaday

2165 posts
Member since Sep 2009

[This message has been edited by Hockaday (edited 09-13-2010).]

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Hockaday

2165 posts
Member since Sep 2009
this nose is pretty scary lookn...i like it. gotta work some of the kinks out of it.

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Blending a lambo and fiero together...slowly but surely. should be in college next year...then i'll really pump out this crapola.

[This message has been edited by Hockaday (edited 10-16-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I"ve been playing around in 3-D as well for a school project:

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
nice i have to play with rhino 3d some. also have solidworks and zbrush and a few others. learning curve is a pita for me atm. once school starts then i should progress. i need a bumper pad model...sick of the new notchie
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
crap...deleted a model that was half done...well..forgot to back it up while doing a clean install...-sighs-
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Another little preview of whats to come

------------------

Check out my build!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 10-22-2010).]

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Iphone or any other smart phone integration.

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Hockaday

2165 posts
Member since Sep 2009
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Hockaday

2165 posts
Member since Sep 2009
PFF
System Bot
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Soo...uhh.. Are you taking requests? I have a couple of MSPaint drawings I wouldn't mind seeing redone with some talent added to the mix...
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I use sketchup to model & visual trade show displays... pretty simple compared to what you've done with that Fiero model. VERY impressive. Keep it up!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
yeah i'll take suggestions etc, worse come to worse is I can't do em lol. I can't wait to get into college so I can really start doing real 3d modeling...the learning curve on maya etc are kinda high w/ 0 experience in that style of program.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
I emailed you a couple MSPaint doodles. Hopefully you can do something with them.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*bumping this* hope to see more 3d concepts

especially the fluid dynamics. That looked promising.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Just some random ones I have on my photobucket. If you're interested in something particular, pm me and I'll upload the picture
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
do you use solid works for that? been looking for a cfd program...

Been trying to work on my portfolio with still life currently...once I'm in college i'll be banging these out more lol, and with better results =) inspiration is starting to tap out for the fiero head lights...i'll have to try my handy work on flares and such next.

Not to mention with a gf my priorities are slightly different now lol.

Thanks for the support guys =) If you sent any suggestions I may have lost them...due to reformating etc. If you would like to go ahead and re send them.
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I'm curious about the vacuum created above the decklid, and the drag behind the trunk.
I'm curious how the spoiler affects aerodynamic efficiency. I understand airflow actually travels over it towards the front of the car. Does it join the vacuum behind the rear glass, or just create turbulent air?

I'd love to see airflow under the car and through/around the radiator.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Those simulations were done in Solidworks, yes.

There isn't a vacuum produced anywhere behind the car (just to be accurate) its just low pressure. There is quite a bit of turbulence behind the rear glass as well, you can kind of see it in one of the pictures. I believe that the stock spoiler won't make a difference at all. Its too low and just sits in turbulent air. Just for looks.

You can see some of the flow under the car in those side profile pictures. Looks like the velocity of the air is about equivelent to that of the car (in this simulation I think it was around 100km/h) In reality, around the rad and under the car you will probably see lower velocities and higher pressures. A nice flat bottom and proper diffusers could pull the air out faster and decrease the pressure.
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I have to get my hand on a copy of solidworks...I need to do some flow testing on a blast nozzle design for my locomotive...
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock