Started on: 01-31-2010 11:18 AM
Replies: 118
Last post by: Racer_JT on 02-23-2011 07:54 PM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Well there certainly are some pretty sweet raffle prizes.. How much are the tickets, btw?
IP: Logged
88_4mula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_4mulaSend a Private Message to 88_4mulaDirect Link to This Post
The tickets will be $2 each or 6 for $10.
Great price for a chance to win such great prizes.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

I'm prob gonna bail on this run. I picked up the axles for my auto conversion today, so I'm probably gonna spend the weekend pulling the getrag out.

You need to give that getrag one last workout before swapping. Come on down.
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2010 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I still haven't booked my hotel room, I haven't been sure about attending the run, I haven't gotten my '88GT aligned in a couple years and even though it drives well around town I'm not sure if its ready for the mountains (I've had car trouble the past couple times up there). The deadline for our special rate at the hotel already passed, right? I'm considering getting a room at the Red Roof Inn a couple miles away, do you guys think that's a good idea? Its not where everyone is staying but the rates are more within my price range, I don't think I can afford $130/night at the main hotel. Also, what route are you other Atlanta guys taking to get up to Asheville? Are you just going up through the mountains or I-85 to I-26?

------------------

Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-16-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

Tinton

4381 posts
Member since Feb 2005
Ok I booked a room at the Red Roof Inn 1 exit up on I-26 from the Fairfield Inn. Only $70 w/ fees and I got a king size bed . I'll see you guys up there, what're the plans for tomorrow night? I'm planning on leaving Douglasville at 3pm and arriving at 7-8. Is there a pre-run dinner scheduled?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
There's a few going up through the mountains and I think the rest are going up 85. There is no pre-run dinner.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
we on the west side will be heading out at 4:15 pm. we will be meeting up at the Walmart on Riverstone parkway in Canton. we will be going up 515 threw the mountains to Ashville
if you want to car pool with us meet us their. so far it will be 3 of us and maybe a 4th.
D.

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
24 hours from now I should be at the motel. Woo-hoo!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I'll be there at WalMart. See you there!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I'm packed and ready. Heading to bed in a few minutes and will TRY to get some sleep. I'm anxious, can you tell?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
last chance to come and join us I will be heading out in about an hr. the car is ready and tested with a full tank of gas
I just need to go by the house and find my Ipod cord and a few clothes. I will try to get as many picks as I can but this yerar I have no copilot to take them on the run it's self.
D.

PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
How tested WAS the car, Dean?

Just got home. The convertible ran beautifully the entire run....although I admit that I really had to work to keep up with all the GTs with that duke/auto. But...all is not glorious. It ran the entire run without skipping a beat, then died on the way home. Broken alternator/water pump belt left us stranded on the side of I-40. Fortunately, we decided to take the expressway rather than the back roads home, which put us only 15 miles from Chris's house when it died. He loaned us his car (his Honda, not the Lotus) for tonight....we will fix it and return the car tomorrow morning.

Sorry, no pics of video tonight....
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I am sad that I missed the run, do to car problems. the car I was going to bring we just rebuilt the trans, clutch and some body mods. the car has a V8 in it and it blew a head gasket after only 30 miles on the road. I had to have it towed back to the shop. I got in my truck to head up and ride with Tom but then my wife called and had car trouble as well. so I guess it was not in the cards to go.
yesterday I repaired her car and this week I will have to pull the motor on the 355 to find out what happened to it.
please post some pic's so I can see what I missed. I hope you all had a great time.
D.

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't look like we got many pics this year....but I have 7 Gig of movies to sort through. OK.....here's some of what so many of you missed....

We had to get some cash for the raffle before we left....here is Sharon trying to reach a money machine from a Fiero:

View from I-40 on the way in:

Hotel parking lot:

We found it is quicker to put a tarp over the convertible than to put the top up:

Staging for the start of the run:

Heading back down I-40 to where the twisties start:

Let the fun begin:

Lunch at Western Sizzlin:

Turning around after Charlie led us down the wrong path:

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I just got back a couple of hours ago. That sure was a GREAT run! It's my 4th run and definitely this route was the best one so far! It was also nice to win all of those raffle goodies(too bad that ATM machine worked for Sharon- those sun visors sure would look nice in my car!)! Many thanks go to Charlie and Kevin along with those who donated items.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Turning around after Charlie led us down the wrong path:

Aw, come on now! One missed turn in 183 miles?

I have a few pics and some video. My camera battery died just before I got to my big broadslide on that downhill 180 back on the backside of the run, so there's no proof that that's what caused the wet spot.

This was one of the most perfect weekends to be in the mountains with a Fiero. The foggy overcast in the picture above only lasted for about a mile. The rest of the trip was a bright, beautiful, warm fall day. Never saw a single law enforcement officer the whole trip and for the most part, the roads were ours.

There were a few who had car problems and weren't able to get to Asheville. Sorry you couldn't make it, but glad that it happened close to home.

The Georgia Fiero Club wishes to thank all the vendors who supplied items for our annual raffle, and we urge all PFF members to patronize them.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I just walked into the house about an hour ago.

Many thanks to Charlie and Kevin!
This was probably the best RFTH I've ever been on. (Although it didn't help that I'd missed the two previous runs and was a bit... rusty. )
Not only was the route great, but the food stops were really good, the weather was perfect, and nobody had any major breakdowns out in the boonies.
(Kevin. You made it in under your own power. Doesn't quite qualify as major. Of course it may be different from your perspective. )

Thanks to everyone who participated, and thanks to all who donated goodies for the raffle. Y'all rock!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-19-2010).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
It was an astonishing weekend. Good to see some old friends we haven't seen in a while and some new friends,too. Welcome back Rick Foreman. Thanks Dan and Jeannie Bunker for paying a visit. Darrel and Janice lost an alternator as they were leaving their yard, but came in their SUV. Way to go.

Here's some of what we got to enjoy during the day. Night time party pics later.

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Aw, come on now! One missed turn in 183 miles?

I have to add that when YOU missed the turn, we went a quarter mile out of the way. When Kevin missed a turn, well....there were state lines involved.

Got the Fiero back...it was just a belt, took 10 minutes to fix. Drove great the rest of the way home.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:
I have to add that when YOU missed the turn, we went a quarter mile out of the way. When Kevin missed a turn, well....there were state lines involved.

LOL!!! Classic.

But I'm giving Sharon credit for the funniest comment of the entire weekend:

Paraphrased... "My butt has got white knuckles from hanging on to the seat!"
Told Tam (my wife) that and she said, "Yup! Been there!"

Glad y'all got the car sorted out and back in motion with a minimum of hassle.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-19-2010).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

LOL!!! Classic.

But I'm giving Sharon credit for the funniest comment of the entire weekend:

Paraphrased... "My butt has got white knuckles from hanging on to the seat!"
Told Tam (my wife) that and she said, "Yup! Been there!"

Glad y'all got the car sorted out and back in motion with a minimum of hassle.

I dunno, I kinda liked the tarp they had on their car in the parking lot that read, "In case of fire, please save the tarp." Cows, thanks for posting up the video!
PFF
System Bot
88_4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_4mulaSend a Private Message to 88_4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I Thank All that attended to make it a great weekend.
The weather was perfect, the roads were great.
I however figured out what happened.

Chain of events went as follows:

Found a coolant leak in rear hose....Tightened hose, filled overflow bottle.easy enough? No..it a Fiero..now theres air in the coolant tubes.
So all was well till I gunned it to pass a little old lady in a Subaru. The idler pully on the 4.9 did this:

The wires is the harnes from the passenger side to the engine. Shorting out all kinds of things. One big one being the Fan.
Car over heats and then throws up all over the side of the road. Im stranded till it cools off. I limp it back to the hotel then home.
Found the problem this morning after pulling my hair out on the side of the road wondering if I was gonna be bear food.

but other than that It was a great event! and thanks again to all. Hope to see all of you and more next year.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Glad you found the problem!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few of the party animals and chow hounds at the Stone Ridge Tavern dinner on Saturday night.

Left to Right: Carnut122, OldOne from C'Ville, CowsPatoot, Firefly

Savet, Darrel or Speedy

Darrel Finley, Janice Mull

Tinton, Raydar, Fierofool

Rick Foreman, Carnut122, OldOne from C'ville

Darrel Hulse, Aerodonamic (Don Hulse)

GrannyLinda (Swayne), CowsPatoot, Firefly, 88_4mula

Far right-TopNotch (Pat Swayne)
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88_4mula:

...The idler pully on the 4.9 did this:

The wires is the harnes from the passenger side to the engine. Shorting out all kinds of things. One big one being the Fan.
Found the problem this morning after pulling my hair out on the side of the road wondering if I was gonna be bear food.

Holy smokes!
I'm glad you found it. Didn't think it would be anything that... obvious.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone remember the url for the photographer that was sitting beside that one turn, on the parkway?
I realize that we were kind of busy at the time. Just hoping.
Google turned up nothing.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
julie and i wish we were there
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone remember the url for the photographer that was sitting beside that one turn, on the parkway?

Drat! I tried to Google too, and i found nothing. Hopefully someone remembers or has it in a video.
Tinton

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-23-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
It was an awesome run, hopefully I can post some pictures soon! I'm not sure if I've ever driven a Fiero that hard, it was pretty insane keeping up with a Lotus Elise .

------------------

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I tried a spot review of my film and didn't find it. Was it before lunch, or after?
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Photographer?...Oh, do you mean that blur on the one curve? I'd be surprised if anybody was able to read his sign.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:
...I'm not sure if I've ever driven a Fiero that hard, it was pretty insane keeping up with a Lotus Elise .

Looked to me like you had it well under control.
At least you didn't have a brain cramp and lock 'em up and slide into any turns.
Really bad form on the part of someone who shall remain nameless.
Squared up my front tires really nicely.

Originally posted by fierofool:

I tried a spot review of my film and didn't find it. Was it before lunch, or after?

Pretty sure it was after.
He was on the left side as we were peeling off to the right.
(I question the wisdom of setting up where he did, but I'm sure it made for some spectacular shots.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-23-2010).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Damn, I miss you guys!!!

I am going to get my baby back up and going in the next month or so. Joey and I have every intention of going to the 16th. Where ever it may be!
I have to contact Ed this week to try and figure out what is going on with it. It has been down for almost 3 years now.....WOW that sucks!

------------------
2008 ZX-10R
1986 GT 3.4 DOHC 5Speed
1986 GT 4.9 4Auto

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Just when I thought this thread was long gone. I have to admit, watching the video brought back a lot of great memories(the kind with curves- no, not those curves!).

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 02-22-2011).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
The last RFTH I made was 2006 I believe! Wow it has been a long time!
MAN ---- GOOD TIMES from the past!! What a great group of friends!

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 02-23-2011).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Yes, good to hear you're still around. I'd been sending you notices about the runs but never got any responses. This past run was the same as the last one you made 5 years ago. I don't know where the run will be this year. They haven't told me what area to scout, yet.

Get working on that car and get it ready, and BTW, Ed sold the Factory to Jeremy, so he's no longer there. He and Rosie retired.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Great! I was going to call ED today about the situation. I believe all this time it has been my wiring harness from him! It ran for 3 months after he fixed the install and started crapping out again. It has been sitting every since. I think it has just been a bad harness. I was hoping he would just switch me out one

It became very frustrating and then I started road racing motorcycles and it sat and sat and sat...........

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

Great! I was going to call ED today about the situation. I believe all this time it has been my wiring harness from him! It ran for 3 months after he fixed the install and started crapping out again. It has been sitting every since. I think it has just been a bad harness. I was hoping he would just switch me out one

It became very frustrating and then I started road racing motorcycles and it sat and sat and sat...........

If it's any consolation, you aren't the only one with a bad harness.
Several people here have bought the harness directly from Injection Technologies, and found wiring errors.

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
The car ran fantastic for quite a while. After it started running real rich, back firing and sputtering. If you guys may remember the last RFTH (see pic above, where in the hotel parking lot all night long replacing everything under the hood to no help) I was at the car ran like crap over half throttle. I had Ed do a complete new motor swap and install. It ran great for about three months and started doing it again!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock