Started on: 01-31-2010 11:18 AM
Replies: 118
Last post by: Racer_JT on 02-23-2011 07:54 PM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
If all goes well, and I don't rip the manual out of my car for an auto before this, I'll be there in the 3800+t car.

I'd probably be meeting up Saturday morning and not opting to get a hotel room. Is there a specific meeting time/place for those in this situation?
------------------
| 1984 3800 Turbo / 5speed | 518hp on a Dyno-dynamics | 11.8 @ 129mph |

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 08-31-2010).]

IP: Logged
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
We will likely meet across the street at the Biltmore Square Shopping Center on Brevard Road . Though we have a traffic light coming out from the hotel, it's difficult for everyone to make a left turn and get all the cars through at one time. Leaving the shopping center, it's a right turn, and previously, we got a police officer to block traffic to let all of us out together.

We generally depart at 9AM. We usually gather up starting around 8AM Saturday morning in the south end of the shopping center parking lot. If everyone holds to the program, we should return around 3-4 PM.
88_4mula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_4mulaSend a Private Message to 88_4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Heard from Rodney Dickman, He has sent us a Getrag slave cylinder and a slave bleeder tool.

Thank You Rodney.

[This message has been edited by 88_4mula (edited 09-01-2010).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I'll be making my reservation tonight! 2 weeks to go. Woo-hoo!!!! When will the raffle items be distributed?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
We've been doing it right after we have the evening dinner. Sometimes we did it at the restaurant, but this restaurant doesn't have the necessary room, so we may do it back at the hotel like we did the last time we were in Asheville. I'll be bringing a canopy as our host and reception center. That's where we may hold the raffle.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Just 2 more weeks 'til The Run and just a few more days to order your tshirts and to get the discounted rate on your hotel room. Just like trying to keep up with Whodeanie, if you don't hurry up, you're gonna get left behind.
Fierfly

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierflySend a Private Message to FierflyDirect Link to This Post
Just made our room reservation.
Yes, I am normally a procrastinator. For some reason I did it a day early this time.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I will most likely have to pay more once I get their because I do not have the funds at this time but I should soon.
I am still not sure what I will be driving yet because the new car will not be ready in time it has a few more isues than I thought so I just started on the other mods for next year rather than just cramming it together just to take it appart after the run.
I will find something I am sure.
D.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Hey Dean, you can ride/stay with me.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Hey Dean, you can ride/stay with me.

It might be safer LOL! I will let you know if I can not come up with something.
D.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
OK, but it just won't be as exciting without having you to follow around all of those twisties!
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Our lunchtime restaurant on Saturday will be Western Sizzlin. We have a section reserved for us. It's a buffet style, all you can eat lunch. Each person will receive individual checks. An automatic gratuity of 16% will be added. I think this is best because the major complaint I hear when I go back to thank the restaurant for hosting us is that when the tip has been left to the individuals, some of our party failed to leave tips.

Tshirt orders have been placed, so if you didn't order one, you won't get one. Hotel room discounts are available for only a couple more days so you can still take advantage of that.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Early weather reports indicate a high of 78 and partly cloudy with a 20% chance of precipitation. Sounds like a beautiful day to bring the convertible....which is a good thing because that looks to be what we will be driving. Just did the alignment today, and it is handling great now. Fixed all the understeer issues we had at the Poker Run. I think we will try the back of the aggressive group this year....perhaps falling back to the sightseeing group. Just don't wanna push the duke/auto that hard.

How many hotel rooms do we have registered? It looks like Chris is going to just make a day trip of it (he is only 2 hours away), so add at least one to that number.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I don't know. I called today but Kim wasn't there so I couldn't get a number. The guy on the desk didn't know. I do know that there will be others who will be doing the same as Chris and driving in on Saturday morning. Some of them will be staying Saturday night because of the raffle.

For anyone not planning to be there until Saturday morning, The Drivers Meeting starts shortly after 8 AM at the Biltmore Square Shopping Center parking lot. Be sure to have your tank topped up when you arrive.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I'm ready to roll; I can't wait!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I will have a car but I will not be stunt driving it this year
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I will have a car but I will not be stunt driving it this year
D.

I guess that makes you a sightseer. What day are you heading over to Asheville? I'll be leaving next Friday at about 4:00 pm if you want to convoy.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

I guess that makes you a sightseer. What day are you heading over to Asheville? I'll be leaving next Friday at about 4:00 pm if you want to convoy.

sounds like a plan, I was thinking about the same time friday. call me sometime this week to make sure I have the car ready to go.
D.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'll be going up on Friday as well.
That's assuming I get the car all back together by then.
Nothing serious, just a pile of little things. Shouldn't take too long, just have to make the time to do it.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
OldOne, RayGaBoy and I will be leaving Friday morning from Chateau Elan around 9AM if anyone wants to tag along with us. I expect 85GT and Aerodonamic will go about the same time. Maybe 88_4mula, too.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Just reserved my room.
The guy I spoke with didn't see a cutoff date on the club rate.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe - going...going... gone to a new home.

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone just whip up a quick map by any chance?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Can anyone just whip up a quick map by any chance?

Of what?
The run? Or the area around the hotel?

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Maps and route sheets aren't distributed until the driver's meeting on Saturday morning. Keeps the local PD from knowing where we're going and sitting in wait along our route. If you want the area of the hotel, do a Google Map search for Biltmore Square Shopping Center, Asheville, NC. or 11 Rocky Ridge Road, Asheville, NC.

Our itinerary will include Hot Springs, Micaville, Burnsville, Marion, Old Fort, Rocky Fork and a few other towns, not necessarily in that order.

Steve, you going to try to get off earlier or come up in the afternoon?

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-12-2010).]

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
You think the police are monitoring this thread? lol

I can make the map up myself, I just wasn't sure if someone already had one. Thanks though.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

You think the police are monitoring this thread? lol.

I doubt it...but Fierofool has been doing this for a long time....I won't question his decision on that.

We are fiddling with some wiring issues on the convertible...but it is running great...so it WILL make it. I am just hoping to have windshield wipers by then. We can live with a leaky top if we can at least have windshield wipers. On a side note, I love how this top was designed....it literally collects all the water than runs up the windshield and funnels it directly onto the driver's crotch. So if it rains, no pointing and laughing is allowed. Should be a fun weekend.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

You think the police are monitoring this thread? lol

Probably not, but about 4 years ago, I had heard that someone who was upset with us was going to tip off the police about our upcoming run so I just started waiting until the day of the run to distribute route information.

Believe me, you will enjoy this run. Ramon Otero was right on the ball when he named it The RollerCoaster Run. It's got everything a rollercoaster ride has except spirals and loops.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
Steve, you going to try to get off earlier or come up in the afternoon?

I'm off on Friday.
Probably will leave the house late morning or early afternoon, Friday.
Don and I will probably convoy.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

I love how this top was designed....it literally collects all the water than runs up the windshield and funnels it directly onto the driver's crotch. So if it rains, no pointing and laughing is allowed. Should be a fun weekend.

That must be the most original excuse I've ever heard for one's incontinence. Just wear a Depends like I do!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Anybody have an extra HVAC box that they want to get rid of cheaply. I have a heater core and an evaporator, so you can keep those. I just want the rest of it to see if one would fit under my 53 F100's dash. I'd like you to drag it to RFTH if possible. Thanks!
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
The weather forecast for Asheville for Friday thru Sunday is Mostly Sunny to Clear with daytime temps from 81 to 85 and night temps in the mid to low 60's.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

The weather forecast for Asheville for Friday thru Sunday is Mostly Sunny to Clear with daytime temps from 81 to 85 and night temps in the mid to low 60's.

Excellent!
I was kind of anticipating that we might get some spin-off from the hurricane.

Swim for The Hills 2 - The Sequel.

Edit - Of course, I drove the Fiero to work today.
On the way home I heard what sounds like either a square wheel, or a thumping rear wheel bearing. Dandy.
Got it covered, either way. Just thought I was pretty much ready. *sigh*

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-14-2010).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Edit - Of course, I drove the Fiero to work today.
On the way home I heard what sounds like either a square wheel, or a thumping rear wheel bearing. Dandy.

You better wait until later and convoy over with me/us.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I'm prob gonna bail on this run. I picked up the axles for my auto conversion today, so I'm probably gonna spend the weekend pulling the getrag out.
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
All electrical works....woo hoo. We have windshield wipers...we have a heater fan motor....we have a radio....we have a trunk popper....speedo is working now....and we now know exactly where E is on that gas gauge.

Weather is looking great...car is looking great....only 3 days to go. I work till 6 on Friday, we will head out from there. Google says it is two hours...but we won't be in a hurry so look for us around 9pm.
88_4mula

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_4mulaSend a Private Message to 88_4mulaDirect Link to This Post
O.K.!

We have a late addition to the raffle goodies.

Stacey and Jeremy at The Fiero Factory just sent in $25, $25, & a $50 gift certificate.

Thanks So Much!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!
Thanks to everyone who donated to the cause!

Of course, I couldn't isolate the noisy bearing with the car on jacks, so I just threw a couple of spares (one front and one rear) in the trunk and called it a day.
Onward..!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 09-14-2010).]

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Bump... Almost here. The weather's going to be great.
Y'all come now, y'heah?
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Excellent!
Thanks to everyone who donated to the cause!

Of course, I couldn't isolate the noisy bearing with the car on jacks, so I just threw a couple of spares (one front and one rear) in the trunk and called it a day.
Onward..!

I think you should be able to strap one down on the roof too!
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

carnut122

9122 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Bump... Almost here. The weather's going to be great.
Y'all come now, y'heah?

Quit encouraging people; you're going to mess up my odds on all of those raffle goodies! After all, they do not want to come and drive with a great group of like-minded souls, eat good food, and drive through great scenery on roads that were built for Fiero suspensions! Two more days; I'm ready to roll!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 09-16-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock