Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
BlueGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
The idea of having a Fiero club has been tossed around for the past couple of months. There seems to be a definate interest in forming a group. We seem to be having a problem dealing with location and distance. The most logical place to hold a meeting for one club would be central TN (Cookville/Crossville). Driving time one way would take around 4 hours for the person living the farthest (Memphis or Bristol). Would those who live on either end of TN want to drive that far to meet?
Here's a proposal... The TN Fiero club could exist with two divisions. We could have eastern and western chapters of the TN Fiero Association. A quarterly or bi-annual meeting of everyone. For the eastern and western folks, monthly meets could be an option. Just tossing the idea around since there seems to be an interest.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd toss this out on the forum to see if there was any true interest in developing something. If there's no interest, I'll leave the idea alone.
Thanks!
John

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
sounds good to me. check your PMs
ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for the East. I like the idea. While I don't get to middle or West TN very often these days, but should be more able to do so this Spring/Summer.
Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2005 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, If you would let people from other states inI would be interested in the eastern division. I live in Hickory, NC and have some friends in the western part of NC who would also be interested.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure anyone that wants to join would be welcome. Any suggestions? questions?

Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Count me in; if enough interest is shown, perhaps a central division would be feasible as well.
(Edit: who laid out this state, anyway??)
------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory
Shifter surround resto by Fierotech
SUPPORT YOUR FIERO MERCHANTS
Proud member of the Lightbar Fraternity
PFF Supporting Member
"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 01-19-2005).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Bump TTT
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
advance notice seems to be important so people can plan for it and arrange schedules to fit. i see other groups talking on the forum now about their upcoming spring and summer events. maybe we should throw a date out (1st/2nd/3rd weekend in april/may/june) with due respect for others' events and see what people say.

second, i personally have no confidence in a Tennessee club at the present time, for reasons already stated. if there was an East TN and West TN (and maybe a Mid TN) club, that would make local events easier to get started. then maybe these regional clubs could join under an All-TN club umbrella.

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Like I mentioned in the PM... I don't think everyone could make it to the meetings for a club that covers the entire state. I'm actually happy having a few "get togethers" in East TN. It gives us something to look forward to. If there's enough interest from the East TN folk to put something together, please LMK. Weather permitting, anybody want to get together for lunch next month?

[This message has been edited by BlueGT (edited 01-21-2005).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
Id be in on a short cruise. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

------------------
'87 GT
93 3800sc series I / 4t60e
7.597 1/8mile ET
1.579 60'
88.53 mph

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 01-21-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested. As long as the weather is clear.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Put me on your mailing list, John. I can have a lot of fun, just getting there. Second weekend of the month is out. Local club meeting.

Charlie

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
Any weekend in Feb, should be fine with me. I was thinking of suggesting a very informal lunch get-together in Gatlinburg/Sevierville/Pigeon Forge anyway. That I can do on short notice because it is really close to me. I'll keep an eye on this thread for further developments.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I guess another Pigeon Forge/Sevierville gathering is in the works! Wooohoo!!! I love these get togethers!

I almost got a ticket traveling to the last gathering. I was going with the flow of traffic and it just happened to be that I was the one going too fast.

edit because of incomplete thought in sentence... don't you just love grammer?

[This message has been edited by BlueGT (edited 01-22-2005).]

Rocky Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2005 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky TopSend a Private Message to Rocky TopDirect Link to This Post
Count me in on East Tennessee. Love those Pigeon Forge/Sevierville gatherings. Folks in NC, KY and GA have attended our meetings practically every time. We can't thank them enough. I really enjoyed a trip over to Hickory a few years back for a meeting with the Western NC Fiero group. Wish I could make it to their upcoming gathering but my schedule does not permit.

I like the idea of dividing Tennessee into the three Grand Divisions. Perhaps having a statewide meeting at least once annually.

Saturday nights from late March until October are hard for me to make since my son is into dirt track racing. Pop just might have to take a Saturday night off for Fiero sakes.

Kendall Bowers

------------------

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
Im in for sure, im in Lewis county, Hohenwald. Can i make a suggestion on location? how bout somewhere near a drag strip. that would be fun for all of us. I also know another guy that might be interested in it, well, im sure he would, he only owns 8 Fieros....i own 2. anyway just pm me or keep this thread alive or something.

well lata for now

---Tim--- 85 Sport Coupe 2.5 86 SE 2.8

TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
I'd help with a West Tenn. division of a club. I know of a few cars around.
Butter is about 45 min from here, etc. Jackson might be a good draw for
the west since it is central, but other spots would be OK with me.
I also know of some re-body guys in Jackson that'd be interested.
We could have a Statewide gettogether once a year or so.
If we got a statewide group started, I think it would be a good idea to start a
"Towing Fund" for members!, since most would
be driving some distance, It'd be great to chip in a little in a kitty for those
having trouble. You need all the encouragement you could get to help
with participation.

TG

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2005 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
all good ideas.

ok, i'm going to commit to being in bell buckle (middle TN) next (not this) sunday between 12:00 and 2:00, if there's a fiero parked on or near the square it'll be easy to find. there are plenty of nice curvy roads on the way, no matter where youre coming from. anyone who wants to show up and eat BBQ, ostrich burgers or ice cream and talk fieros is invited to show up. if no one can make it next weekend, but wants another weekend, say so and i'll try and be there then too.

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Three divisions...one common cause... Sounds great to me!

Trying to find a date in February that we can get together. The 19th or the 26th sounds like a good time to get the eastern half of TN and all those from other areas who want have lunch. I know of several that plan to make it for sure.

Bazooka

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2005 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
How bout an event for June 12th at Clarksville???
PFF
System Bot
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
Can us Kentucky people belong to the group?????

Seriously, good luck with whatever you set up, and you can always count on Debbie and I showing up to your Pigeon Forge meet.

Gene

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
Lurker,
I just might try to make the Bell Buckle drive.
I've always wanted to try a bird burger anyway.
I'll throw my OTC computer in the car for anyone wanting to check
out their system.
Let me know if anything changes.

------------------

DIY Leather Interior Available

Shipping weight..1200-1500 lbs. ASK ABOUT THE MAD COW SPECIAL!!!

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TennT:
Lurker,
I just might try to make the Bell Buckle drive.
I've always wanted to try a bird burger anyway.
I'll throw my OTC computer in the car for anyone wanting to check
out their system.
Let me know if anything changes.

cool, looking forward to meeting you. what's an OTC computer?
Butter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 91
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ButterSend a Private Message to ButterDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested but have parked my Fiero till warmer weather. I have some things I want to address on it before I drive a good horse down too far. I still would like to be informed if yall come up with some interesting meeting.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for Bell Buckle if the wife doesn't go into labor between now and then, lol...(Bell Buckle's close enough to get back from in a hurry if need be).
Edit: TennT, just happened to notice your sig, that is too damn funny, lol
------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory
Shifter surround resto by Fierotech
SUPPORT YOUR FIERO MERCHANTS
Proud member of the Lightbar Fraternity
PFF Supporting Member
"He who does not oppose evil, commands that it be done!" ----Leonardo da Vinci

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 01-24-2005).]

Rocky Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2005 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky TopSend a Private Message to Rocky TopDirect Link to This Post
BlueGT, Daytona Speed Week is Feb. 13 thru 20. Probably get better turn out after that.
TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
The OTC is the Pathfinder analyzer like the Snap-On unit only not quite so nice.
It does a lot more than just read codes. It works good on my 88, but I'd like to try
it out on an earlier car, if it'll work. Wis I could afford the updates for current years.

Hey Butter, did you ever get your trans fixed? I have a four speed that might work if you didn't,
let me know. If you are bored enough, you can ride with me if I can get off (probably can)
I only run on 6 cyl, not 8 like you big boys!.
PM me on what other parts you need. A local yard has several cars that I need
to gut before the owner looses his senses and crushes them.

TG

TennT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post

TennT

1523 posts
Member since Nov 2002

Originally posted by Vonov:

TennT, just happened to notice your sig, that is too damn funny, lol

Glad you got a grin, I've got to update it but I'm just not the wizard others are with
sigs. Had one guy ask me how a leather kit could weigh 1500 lbs. then he caught on.
You could have heard him slap his forehead clear across the country!

TG

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
How does a "get together" on the 26th of February at noon (weather permitting) sound? There should be enough time for everyone to put it on thier schedule. I'm hoping to find someplace good that we can grab lunch. I found a good place last year with all you can eat catfish and fixings located in Pigeon Forge. If anybody has any suggestions, please post. I'll post a location in a few days. Also, if there's an activity anyone wants to do, let us know. I believe the All Pontiac show is this summer and it needs some Fiero support. If there's enough interest in having a gathering this Summer, please LMK so plans can be made.

Gene and Debbie... Of course! You guys are always welcome!

ThreeofClubs... keep and eye out for some of the upcoming shows in Pigeon Forge for us.

Lurker... If I can work some of the bugs out of mine, I'll try to make the trip down. Jack has a gathering this Saturday, so I am trying to get the GT straightened out before then.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2005 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TennT:

Glad you got a grin, I've got to update it but I'm just not the wizard others are with
sigs. Had one guy ask me how a leather kit could weigh 1500 lbs. then he caught on.
You could have heard him slap his forehead clear across the country!

TG

That's even funnier!!!

PFF
System Bot
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Elvira

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2005 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElviraSend a Private Message to ElviraDirect Link to This Post
Chester and I may be able to make it. We were going to go to Pigeon Forge this last weekend as it was our 22nd anniversary, but I ended up in the ER instead, so it would be nice to have a belated anniversary weekend down there. We need to see how my health is going at that time as I am looking at the strong possibility of having to go in for another surgery in April, possibly sooner if the pain gets worse before then. As far as getting a club going, I used to be the President of New England Fiero Association (NEFA) when we lived in NH, so I would be willing to help out. :-)

------------------
Elvira
www.dirtyratracing.org
Blue 87GT 5sp (True-Blue)
Black 86GT 5sp (The Dirty Rat)
84 Indy-19k&300HP SD4!
Maroon 88 T-top Formula (1988-2003 RIP)
Gold 87GT junkyard rat!

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Well, hell's bells...yesterday, I made a deal with the wife that if I made her a lasagna lunch, with cupcakes for dessert, I could have a Cinderella liberty to go hang out in Bell Buckle and eat Big Bird burgers this weekend. Damn me to Hades, if, after finishing the lasagna, she didn't stand up from the table, and immediately her water broke. My second daughter, Alexandra Hope, (after my 27-year absence from the fatherhood circuit) was born at 3:42 this morning. My wife is SUCH a welsher, lol...she wasn't due for five weeks.
PontiacFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacFieroSend a Private Message to PontiacFieroDirect Link to This Post
When is the Bell Buckle get-together? This Sunday Jan 30? Time?
I may make it my 88GT.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
give some more info on time for Bell Buckle and I migh t make the short trip.

------------------
'87 GT
93 3800sc series I / 4t60e
7.597 1/8mile ET
1.579 60'
88.53 mph

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2005 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Vonov!

Elvira: Hope you feel better soon!

Going to scout for a place for us to eat tomorrow... What do ya'll think of all you can eat catfish or chicken? Weather/vehicle permitting, I'll try to make it to Belle Buckle.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
just a reminder, bell buckle, sunday, 12:-2:00. south from murfreesboro, NE from shelbyville, about 20 minutes off I-24. nice curvy roads through horse country.

oh, yeah, cogratulations, vonov!

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-28-2005).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the congratulations. Mother and daughter are doing well, although we won't be able to bring Lexi home with us; her early arrival meant that her lungs weren't quite fully developed, although she is expected to be fine after a week or so. We are very thankful for the state of modern medicine...
SD455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2005 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SD455Send a Private Message to SD455Direct Link to This Post
Congrats on the arrival of Lexi! Daughters are great! We had our first one when I was restoring my '68 Firebird, so she got to grow up hanging out with me in the garage during her early years. Needless to say she has become very attached to that car! I hope it's the same for you and the Fiero.

I would really like to see a get together of this sort happen in WV too. Maybe this year we can work it out. Then we could travel as a group down to visit our Tenn. neighbors for one of your get togethers......Pigeon Forge would be fun. I've wanted to go there for quite a few years.

------------------
JC
"I Drive Excitement!"
'68 Firebird 400/4spd
'74 T/A SD 455/Auto
And now, finally, My '88 GT/5spd, T/Top

[This message has been edited by SD455 (edited 01-28-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock