Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
Vonov

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2005 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Soaper:

Vonov? how old are ya bud? maybe me and my g/f and cruise down to nashville sometime and meet up... go out for dinner and b/s and what not.. But anyway cmon guys keep the date's rollin in... I heard something about May 7th... but i wanna do something this month and i also wanna get out and test the focus once it's fixed... BTW dont laugh at my grapefruit exhaust it came with the car technically... anyway whats the deal? meet when where what? cmon now.

Soaper

Trees don't live this long...and as far as the bigger engine goes, I get better mileage with the 4.9, than the original 2.8, because of the overdrive and the torque to push it. Date, open to suggestions. 29th is out, the car I'm cruising in that night (not by choice) is the one you don't want to see in your rearview, lol.
(I'm the plank owner on page 4)
------------------
'88 Formula - 4.9 conversion by The Fiero Factory
Famous last words...
"Nonsense, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." — John Sedgwick (1813-64), US general. In response to a suggestion that he should not show himself over the parapet during the Battle of the Wilderness. No sooner were the words out of his mouth, than he fell back with a mortal head wound.

"Yea, verily, I say unto you, there is no substitute for Cubic Inches. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice, I shall fear no evil, for V-8 is with me..."
---- from the Cubist bible

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 04-04-2005).]

IP: Logged
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2005 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Soaper:
april 16th... somewhere? somehow?
Soaper

checks wallet...
mmmm, not good for me, unless i find some money.
Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2005 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
im
fine
whenever
just
let
me
know

---Tim---

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
we were at the DQ today getting ice cream (yes, warm weather is here) and as we're going out the door a black fiero pulls in, hump decklid, v6, bumperpads (85?). naturally i point out mine 3 spots away which he hadn't noticed, and we proceed to give guided tours of each other's cars while lady lurker and his daughter stood by rolling their eyes. i gave him the URL, and told him we're trying to get a group together. maybe he'll drop in for a visit. if you see this, Red, welcome.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding! There's a guy in a maroon 87 notchie I see from time to time that I keep trying to catch up with; seems like a decent guy, spoken to him once, forgot to get a number from him, seen him twice since then, but did remember when we were talking to tell him about Pennock's.

------------------
Famous last words...
"Nonsense, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." — John Sedgwick (1813-64), US general. In response to a suggestion that he should not show himself over the parapet during the Battle of the Wilderness. No sooner were the words out of his mouth, than he fell back with a mortal head wound.

"Yea, verily, I say unto you, there is no substitute for Cubic Inches. Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice, I shall fear no evil, for V-8 is with me..."

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
sup everyone , Hey lurker, did that black fiero happen to have a set of 5 spoke wheels on it? I saw one in columbia that fits the same description, but had a set of 5 star wheels. Next time i go up there i'll look for it again.

c ya

---Tim---

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boonch:

sup everyone , Hey lurker, did that black fiero happen to have a set of 5 spoke wheels on it? I saw one in columbia that fits the same description, but had a set of 5 star wheels. Next time i go up there i'll look for it again.

c ya

---Tim---

stock wheels painted black. this car lives in shelbyville. that's 4 running fieros in town. the goodwill guy has a maroon, mine's metallic black, and there's a pretty red i see him passing thru every couple of weeks.

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2005 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
There are alot of fieros here in the tullahoma area not out alot thought there is a red 87 gt with 20" wheels , a red 84 with 87 gt body panels with N*, Forrest Green GT with sbc, black SE 3800n/a, then few 84's. I have the 87 gt 3800 sc and a 85 with f40 body kit ,sbc and archies interior even has archies 200mph speedo. I can contact most of them see if they are interested in becoming part of the group, I myself am hoping to make it to one of the cruises myself and I will be in Toney for the swap meet.

------------------
'87 GT
93 3800sc series I / 4t60e 7.597 1/8mile ET
1.579 60'
88.53 mph

F40 Replica
350/ 5sp.

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2005 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i just found out i'm double-booked for the first weekend in june, so that would not be a good time for me for work-day.

on a happier note, saturday i looked at an '84 outside s'ville, auto, sunroof, manual windows. non-running, looked complete and no body damage, interior very tired. hasnt been tagged since 98. owner says it had fuel system problems.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 04-18-2005).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... was thinking of food, then thought of BBQ... then remembered Vonov said something about a cookout/workday sometime soon! Perhaps the East TN area people might want to think about one... Any interest?

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
bump
i'm presently open for any weekend in june except the first. since we're talking about doing it at Vonov's, maybe we ought to pick a weekend when he's home. or maybe not
PFF
System Bot
GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
When is next get together ?.......I would love to come........

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Power Tour will be in your area around June 7-8. Any of you planning to attend? Hope to see some of you. We have a group from FL that will catch it there

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
First weekend of June is out for me, but most any other time is good. If there is a need for scouting locations in the Gatlinburg area, let me know and I'll get on it.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
11th of June sound okay for the workday/cookout in Nashville? Brats, burgers and hot dogs; cookout motto: anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. Items on the agenda so far: replace decklid on Boonch's car, maybe change hood on mine, or pull wheels and repaint suspension; what else needs doing on members' cars? Btw, have LARGE backyard, anyone coming from long distance welcome to bring tent and camp out; (also have small tent available) or nearby motel facilities are available, and any rain should be only minor annoyance, as we have a large carport to work in/cook out under.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Vonov

3745 posts
Member since May 2004
Anyone?
ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
The 11th in Nashville sounds great to me. I am anxious to see some people who know what they are doing work on the cars. My skill-set is extremely limited, but I want to add to it. My ability to assist falls into the "Hey, hand me that wrench" category. I will add that I think it is great of you to offer up your place to hold the cookout. Thanks in advance!

I have tent, cooler, will travel.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2005 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
That's one...

(Btw, I do plan on joining the Power Tour, at least part of the way to Birmingham. The 11th falls at the end of the same week.)

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
june eleventh is good. just so happens it's my birthday.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Very possible on this end. Look forward to seeing everyone and helping out if I can. Everyone seemed to show up as I had to leave from Ed's. If there's anybody needing anything fierowise, I could bring it with me. LMK... I'm getting ready to clean house for I seem to have accumulated too much stuff!

Threeofclubs... maybe we could meet up somewhere along the way to Nashville.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlueGT:
Threeofclubs... maybe we could meet up somewhere along the way to Nashville.

Absolutely! Can you tell that my cabin fever has reached critical mass? I'm ready to hit all the get-togethers I can ASAP.

PFF
System Bot
Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
Soundin pretty good to me, just thought of another thing on the list too. At the last meet we had, we talked about relocating John's (BlueGt) battery. Maby in a few meets i will be able to drive my red SE up there, I have been working like mad on that thing. well c ya

---Tim---

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Soundin pretty good to me, just thought of another thing on the list too. At the last meet we had, we talked about relocating John's (BlueGt) battery.

---Tim---

THAT'S the other thing I was trying to remember!

------------------
Famous last words...

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2005 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Gonna have to scrap the battery relocation for the coupe I drove to Bellbuckle... It ended up in the hands of another owner. I really liked that car, but the new owner wanted it really bad. Trying to get to the point where I can go back to school or establish a career. Whichever is first.

I'll still be down to help, but I don't know if I will be in a Fiero or not. I'm thinking of bringing my tools, and all of that is in my daily driving vehicle.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
Hey..guys....I have totaly rebilt my 2.8 with all the performance parts I could find....and I have over $12,000.00 in the engine and suspension....and I am looking for someone here in the south.....somewhere close .......to put the finishing touches on her....the paint ...interior ..etc......seats by Mr Mike..etc......and tweak it a little bit......
Is there any in the south that you all know of that can do this ????

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2005 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GARY TUCKER:

Hey..guys....I have totaly rebilt my 2.8 with all the performance parts I could find....and I have over $12,000.00 in the engine and suspension....and I am looking for someone here in the south.....somewhere close .......to put the finishing touches on her....the paint ...interior ..etc......seats by Mr Mike..etc......and tweak it a little bit......
Is there any in the south that you all know of that can do this ????

You might want to talk to Ed Parks at the Fiero Factory near Huntsville...if he can't do the work, he'll know who can.

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Okay, the weekend of the 11th is fast approaching. I need to start getting some numbers on who's showing up for car crafting day at my place. For those who intend to come, PM me and I'll give you directions. (Hint: since we have three interstates running thru Nashville, it would be helpful to know which direction you'll be coming in from.)
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2005 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i'm in. PM sent.

also...

thanks to the generosity of an anonymous PFF member, i will give (that's right, FREE) a new 4 or 5 speed shifter boot to a "deserving" attendee at vonov's workday. now, we just need to come up with a definition of "deserving". i was thinking of coming up with some kind of silly contest, like who has the worst looking shifter boot, or the ugliest mod. any other ideas?

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2005 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
bump
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Saw a U-haul today with a red aero notchie w/luggage rack in tow. It was parked at a hotel. I saw one of the shift boots that lurker is making and it looks really nice.

PM headed your way Vonov.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

ThreeofClubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreeofClubsSend a Private Message to ThreeofClubsDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I am all set to go. The only question is will I be in a Fiero or not. Please don't throw rotten fruit at me if I have to show up in the Toyota!
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

Okay, the weekend of the 11th is fast approaching. I need to start getting some numbers on who's showing up for car crafting day at my place. For those who intend to come, PM me and I'll give you directions. (Hint: since we have three interstates running thru Nashville, it would be helpful to know which direction you'll be coming in from.)

NOT SURE WHAT IS HAPPENING THE 11TH BUT ILL TRY TO MAKE IT

------------------
'87 GT
93 3800sc series I / 4t60e 7.597 1/8mile ET
1.579 60'
88.53 mph

Swapping to series2
Comp cam, ported polished heads
3" pulley ,42lb injectors, 125 shot n2o

F40 Replica from V8 Archie
Archies Interior
350/5sp comp cam, roller rockers
600cfm edlebrock carb

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
same here ill try to make it

c ya

---Tim---

Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post

Boonch

157 posts
Member since Aug 2004

[B]Originally posted by lurker i was thinking of coming up with some kind of silly contest,....., or the ugliest mod. any other ideas?

dont start with me mark...

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Okay, for those of you who don't know what it is we're doing on the 11th, I'm sort of reviving an old tradition we had in another car club I once belonged to. Once or twice a month, depending on the time of year, Central Texas Camaros would get together and have a day when we'd get together at whoever's house had the space, and all of us would work on whoever's car needed it the most. Things like engine replacements got done in a single afternoon, (of course, for something that major, everything was arranged and ready in advance) and it sure makes sanding a car for paint, etc, a whole lot less work when you have many hands. Of course, it was also a social event, and more often than not, grills would be fired up, chairs would be unfolded, and stories, advice, and lies would be swapped, all in good clean (or greasy) fun.
So at my house, on the weekend of the 11th, the folks who met in Wartrace (think the original name was War Trace) are invited to my place for a similar gathering. Of course, anyone else who wishes to join us is welcome. Only three rules apply: you gotta get along, the car has to be able to leave under it's own power (my wife's rule), and you have to have at least a small ration of fun.
If you want to attend, please send a PM; I will respond with directions and contact number.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i dont care what they say about you, vonov, youre a great guy.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
What who said? Lol!
Boonch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoonchSend a Private Message to BoonchDirect Link to This Post
think we found a new member new person joined the forum in tennessee ! well btw

B-----U-----M-----P-----!-----!-----!-----!

c ya

---Tim---

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

think we found a new member new person joined the forum in tennessee ! well btw
B-----U-----M-----P-----!-----!-----!-----!
c ya
---Tim---

fresh meat!
durn it, you beat me to it.

nobigtoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nobigtoeSend a Private Message to nobigtoeDirect Link to This Post
i am from memphis and would love to met up with other's
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock