Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Well my fiero days might be over :/ (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Well my fiero days might be over :/ by Dflint
Started on: 11-27-2010 08:52 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: Dflint on 11-28-2010 11:40 PM
Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
On the way to work this morning at 6:20 am i hit a patch of ice lost control went into a HUGE ditch and then ended up rolling it. it land back on its wheels but im 19 years old and am in love with this car.. its damaged so much idk if i can afford to fix it, second owner of an 85 se v6 , 4 speed with bumper pads and that car was not far from new . idk what to do. i have pics but i only have dial up... i can send the pics to someones email if they would post them from me...

------------------
Dflint...85 SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Send pics to kris.antuzzi(at)yahoo.com. Glad your ok.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Expensive lesson but no rubbing it in as we all here have probably wrecked a car or two each in out lives. (not fieros though)
Chances are you will be back as what other affordable mid engine car with room for a V8 will you choose?
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
antuzzi pics are sent
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dflint:

antuzzi pics are sent

Nothin on this end :/
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-27-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Just nice to hear that you are allright man.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post

Dflint

313 posts
Member since Jul 2008
thanks tony! and hopefully those links worked
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Its salvageable.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
well thing is im 19 years old and i dont have then money or anybody thats can come and help me with it... and i gotta find parts cars
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Tie rods are not broken, roof is not caved in, none of the tires are flat.....Drive it as it. Just drain the fluids and slap some new fluids in it, check everything over and drive a car with a story behind it.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

11151 posts
Member since Feb 2009
But the antenna is FUBR
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about your accident, but glad to hear that you are okay. I have a rear bumperpad bumper and at least the front impact bumper in my basement in good condition. I also have headlight assemblies with good motors. Whatever you need that I have is free if you pick it up. If you want to gauge the mileage, I live in zip code 17316.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Does not look too bad - does not look like it was upside down (rolled) either! Can't tell by the pics but do you know if there is any structural damage - anything bent - was / is it drveable once out of the ditch? Bumper pad nose and rear should be easy to find. Good luck!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
i expected a caved in roof. as long as theres no frame damage drive it.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
well the pics have a hard time showing lol but the door is toast and the driver side fender, rear bumper and tail lights, the mirror , hood headlight motors, headlights, and assembles ... the main problem is help .. like i said im 19 and dont really have the place for the work but im super glad no glass is broke
lonewolf_305

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
if you want to take a trip i have the bumpers red you could have and a rear deck if thats bad im in norwich ny about 35 miles north of binghamton on rt 12. just glad to here that your ok. i fliped a firebird when i was 18 with a lot worse outcome. i also have a set of bumpers for an 88 formula also red that id let go for say 40.
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Lets try this here:

Glad that your OK - the car on the other hand...

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Without putting the car on a frame machine and having a go with it, it looks ok to me. Panel gaps are uniform and straight, though the driver's door appears to be pushed up a bit. All the glass is still intact and appears to still seal well. Sunroof is still intact and straight. My only concern would be suspension at this point. At worst case scenario, a good alignment. Quite possible will need control arms, rack and pinion, shocks/struts/ etc, Fiero parts are not that strong. It is reasonably possible to drive it as is. will need a new headlamp and tail lamp assembly to be legal. To look good some body parts that can be swapped over in a weekend. Glad you are safe, looks like a low speed roll over to me. Hope you can save your car!
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mDirect Link to This Post
definately repairable - glad to hear youre o.k

jon
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Glad you are ok, but theres NO WAY that car rolled over... NO windows broke, not even the sunroof..??? This sounds like a story my 21, 20, 18, 14 year olds would try to tell me... <---- thats me... What really happened..?? Did you pass out during the even maybe..??

------------------
Steve
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "
1987 Fiero V8/hybrid
1995 Lexus SC-400

PFF
System Bot
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
While repairable, was it insured? Chances are if it was insured it will cost more to fix then what the insurance company will feel the car is worth. You most likely would end up with a payout minus the deductible which you could use towards another car or to buy back and repair that car. /shrug, if it was insured.

Glad your okay, cars are replaceable.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-28-2010).]

RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you're OK!

Inspect (or have inspected) tie rod ends and steering linkages. You don't want those breaking at 70mph at a later time.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd (<10K miles)
White 85GT (SC3800 Series II w/ AOD)
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 Tractor w/ Freeman Loader
20Ft H&H Tilt Bed Trailer

carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Glad you are ok, but theres NO WAY that car rolled over... NO windows broke, not even the sunroof..???

Ok- not being quite as blunt, I don't see any roll-over damage either. Are you sure it rolled over? Glad you're OK and nobody else was injured!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Wow good to hear you're ok. You may not think it, but if that car was really rolled- thats the least amount of damage I've ever seen after a roll.. Hell you have the same amount of damage as me and all I did is spin out and hit 2 trees on the highway . Just try to drive it around slowly for now to see what needs attention in order for it to be roadworthy. Make sure you're suspension isn't messed up, you're roof isn't caved and your chassis should be straight. I'd consider myself very lucky for an accident like that, hell I consider myself lucky after the trees I hit at 30mph+.
Four_hundred_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Four_hundred_86Send a Private Message to Four_hundred_86Direct Link to This Post
hell bet it started right up and could still be driven. it doesnt look bad Honestly Ive seen much much worse. Glad youre okay.

------------------
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm no expert but from the looks of the front and rear damage it looks like it may have flipped end to end rather than roll side to side. I'm glad you came out of it ok. The car saved you, now you have to save the car.

Larry

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Hard to tell from the pics but that drivers door gives me a little concern. Wondering if it broke it's back so to speak when it landed on the edge of that ditch. It certainly looks like the right front end dug in though, there's dirt all over the top of the passenger side fender. If the frame itself is ok then I suspect the damage looks worse than it is. Plastic body panels tear up real easily and make an otherwise minor crash look horrendous.

On the plus side you are OK. Any crash you can walk away from...(been there, done that!).

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroDirect Link to This Post
Your are not too far from me,,,,there is a guy here selling a Fiero for $800....needs brakes. Here is the link:
http://pittsburgh.craigslis.../cto/2082226039.html
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

I'm no expert but from the looks of the front and rear damage it looks like it may have flipped end to end rather than roll side to side.

This car never left the wheels.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

This car never left the wheels.

No....the wheels are still on it.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I tend to agree with some of the others here, in that the car was not rolled. I am sure it was a heck of a ride for you and it happened so fast, it is hard to clearly recall exactly what happened. I personally think it did not roll for a few reasons.

- The sunroof is not broken
- There is no dirt of scuffs anywhere on the top panels of the car (other than the passenger headlight where the corner of the car dug into the ditch)
- The other headlight is not broken, nor is the rear spoiler
- Neither the driver or passenger mirror were sheared off from rolling
Understand, we are not trying to say that you are making anything up here, just that accidents happen so fast, and it is hard to recall exactly what happened sometimes. When I totaled my eclipse a couple years back, I can not recall anything of the accident at all. I peiced together what happened from the police and the tow truck driver a few days later.

Sure there is a VERY slim chance that it actually rolled, but judging from the pictures it is pretty unlikely.

The bottom line here is that you are OK. The damage does not appear to be to bad at all looking at the pictures. With the rear bumper fixed, and a new headlight, it looks to me like it is perfectly drivable. Being money is a concern, I say fix the couple of things needed to drive it, and fix the rest as you save up the cash. It is a far cheaper alternative to having to buy a new car outright.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-28-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Will someone show me the book showing the line "if you roll a car it is going to be totaled"? I can go to a body shop down the street and take a picture of a explorer that was rolled and you could not tell. A broken mirror and the luggage rack on top is broken. Other than that it looks fine.
This car was rolled more that once on black top.
All glass is there still,
Roof did not cave
paint is not shot to hell
even one of the racks made it.
So yea. I can buy it was rolled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqNITUm3WA8
KurtAKX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
It looks more like it spun rather than rolled into the ditch. Keep your eyes open next time you wreck a car, LOL
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Riddle me this then.....
In the back of the pic you can see where he went into the ditch. You can see the tire marks. Then you can see freshly exposed dirt. Then tire tracks once more and then farther down the ditch is the fiero. There are no tire marks leading up to where the fiero is....implying it was rolled. If it was spun there would be all sorts of deep marks in the mud.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
It looks like it may have left the road with the front wheels and as the rear came over they hit that dip before the ditch vaulting the rear upwards. The passenger side front then contacted the ground getting the mud on it and possibly provided a axes for the car to twirl around on before the lower part of the drivers door and rear driverside corner contacted the ground again and it rolled the rest of the way over to where it rests. You can see the indentation in the snow just above the back end in this picture where it looks like the backend hit the ground.

One thing that makes a airbourne type of flip possible also is in the at rest picture, you don't see the ground immediately around the tires of the car, specifically the front, disturbed accept a forward moving gash, which doesn't inpsire a spin to rest scenario to me.

I don't know. I've seen wierder things.
lonewolf_305

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
ok maby the car dident flip maby it did, but is everyone missing the point here there was a bad accedent where both the car and the person driving are seemingly ok isent that the important part, heck i still cant rember what side of my firebird i crawled out of after i flipped it. i think the main concern now is to get this car back up and running. hey dflint if you can get the car running good enough to make the trip to my house ill help you put the new bumpers on. i think your about 2 hours away.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
It will buff right out...not to worry..
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone! my back is the only sore thing on me . after i pulled the car out it does run brakes work no fluids leaking that i have saw yet. but i did drive it .. i think im gonna get it to drive able condition in the next few days its just sad for me cause that car means alot to me. i love fieros but that one is the one i have wanted since i was 11 and i finally got it from a family friend. im the second owner and the interior is beautiful the outside was :P . but i got alot of work to do to get it the way it was.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintDirect Link to This Post

Dflint

313 posts
Member since Jul 2008
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay