Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  8th Annual California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010 (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
8th Annual California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010 by Songman
Started on: 09-05-2010 05:13 PM
Replies: 139
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-29-2010 12:31 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27083 posts
Member since Aug 2000

PePe-LePu_For_2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
Did the coast run get moved to another planet? How is it possible that the weather was so great there when just a few miles inland it has been raining cats and dogs all weekend? I wouldn't have felt quite as bad about not getting to go if the weather hadn’t been so good. I got stuck looking after the kids due to my mother-in-law being laid up in the hospital.
In any case I'm happy for you guys. If our weather had spread out there it would have sucked on the drive. Keep the photos coming!
Marty

[This message has been edited by PePe-LePu_For_2 (edited 10-24-2010).]

gldkarma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pictures everybody! They're great! And thank-you, Dale and Marie, and everyone else who contributed, for another GREAT event!! I think the event pledge goal was met and a good, and I hope safe, time was had by all! We had a little rain on the way home, but drove w/Shane and Carolina, John and Mary, and Andrew for awhile until I had to stop and recycle my orange juice I guess! Hope everyone else made it home safely and we'll see you next year if not before!!

Jeannie and Jerry

[This message has been edited by gldkarma (edited 10-24-2010).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Chris West and I were talking, he wants to revive the Palm Springs run in February. Stay tuned.
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
It was a phenomenal run! Thanks to everyone for the part ya'll played in it! 30 cars, 55 people, $590 raised (so far) for St Jude Children's Research Hospital! As mentioned, the weather was absolutely perfect! Normally when we leave the hotel in the morning it is kinda foggy but not this year. We really got to enjoy the scenery from the very start. Our winner this year for the 'PITA Award' was the gray Hyundai Sonata that drove in front of us for 15 miles and wouldn't use the turnouts to let the 35 cars in his rear view mirror get by! haha

I hope everyone has made it home safely and enjoyed the weekend as much as we did. Mike Valentine should be in Vegas by now and still has quite a ways to go. He learned that there is supposed to be a storm hitting the Rockies so we look forward to hearing that he has made it home safely in a day or two.

I saw lots of cameras out this weekend so keep the pictures coming or post up your Photobucket links or whatever. I haven't checked my video yet, and I know Shane got some video too.

So if everyone had as good a time as we did, I guess we can mark the calendars for October 21-23, 2011 for the 9th Annual California Coast Run!

BTW - The St Jude donation link will be available for a few more weeks if anyone wants to jump in to support them. Just click the link in my signature and go to the Coast Run site and the links are at the bottom of the page. Thanks!

------------------
8th Annual California Coast Run

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
We had a Palm Springs run last year. It was great. When we did it last year, I didn't know that the Nor-Cal crew would drive out that far. Now that I know, lets get this run going for Feburary.

Also we should do the vegas run in April. I had a great time at the coast run. Thank you.

Fakhri

[This message has been edited by iluvsd619 (edited 10-25-2010).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Fakhri, it was great to see you and Aaliyah. She is a cutie! I was thrilled with the San Diego turnout this time. Other than Larry and Jan, most people down there have always thought it was too far. Maybe that is changing now. Sorry Chip couldn't make it. Hope he gets his car troubles worked out.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Alright now! We're all looking forward to all those pictures and videos... Who's got em?

------------------
8th Annual California Coast Run

PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I have some pictures (not many) and will post them up later tonight.

I made it back to Denver this morning at 5am. The trip was largely uneventful, except for the stretch of I-70 between Vail and Georgetown. Snowing & windy with ice packed roads for 60 miles! I went through around 2-3am, so traffic was thankfully very light. Once I was rolling I could not stop or I wouldn't be able to get going again.....that said, I passed everyone and everything up Vail pass and again up the pass to the Eisnenhower tunnel (including the snowplows!). I have no idea how my little car made it without spinning out, but she did (I'm so proud ). The worst part was making it around a stalled out semi who was blocking most of the road about a mile or 2 from the summit with the tunnel.

I just wanted to say that I had a great time and will do it again! Maybe not next year, but I'll definitely be there for the 10th anniversary run. The weather for the run could not have been any better......it was very enjoyable to drive with the top off!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Glad you made it home safely, Mike. We always enjoy having you come visit.
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
The first video in full HD (720p) is up. The sound did not come out very well. I will have to have a separate microphone next trip.

http://vimeo.com/16210664

More videos to follow as I get time to edit the 4 hours (aka 17+ GB) of video.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Glad you made it home safely, Mike. We always enjoy having you come visit.

Thanks Dale. I always enjoy the trip too.....I love road trips!

I have some pictures, but they are huge and I need to resize them. I'll see about doing that sometime today.....right now I have to go finish the sale of my two liitle Hondas!
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brastic:

The first video in full HD (720p) is up. The sound did not come out very well. I will have to have a separate microphone next trip.

http://vimeo.com/16210664

More videos to follow as I get time to edit the 4 hours (aka 17+ GB) of video.

Awesome video Shane. That little black thing just ahead of Royal in his Viper is me in my 85 GT. The end of the video is of us pulling into Gorda (or Gordas?) for a pit stop. The first thing that Royal (also a Fiero owner) said to me after we stopped was "you guys are like a bunch of little Go-Karts out there". I hitched a ride to dinner with Royal on Friday evening and after that ride there is no doubt in my mind that he could have embarassed all of us if he'd been so inclined. But of course, anyone I show this video to outside of the of this group is going to hear about how this guy in the Viper just couldn't keep up. Tee Hee

indydriver in L.A.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2010 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I have some pictures (not many) and will post them up later tonight.

I made it back to Denver this morning at 5am. The trip was largely uneventful, except for the stretch of I-70 between Vail and Georgetown. Snowing & windy with ice packed roads for 60 miles! I went through around 2-3am, so traffic was thankfully very light. Once I was rolling I could not stop or I wouldn't be able to get going again.....that said, I passed everyone and everything up Vail pass and again up the pass to the Eisnenhower tunnel (including the snowplows!). I have no idea how my little car made it without spinning out, but she did (I'm so proud ). The worst part was making it around a stalled out semi who was blocking most of the road about a mile or 2 from the summit with the tunnel.

I just wanted to say that I had a great time and will do it again! Maybe not next year, but I'll definitely be there for the 10th anniversary run. The weather for the run could not have been any better......it was very enjoyable to drive with the top off!

I want your car!

I have no idea what I would do with it but I want it.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Just found Sniper's pictures posted... http://imageevent.com/snipe...hannualcalifcoastrun

Man! Somebody needs a haircut! haha

I meant Rickady! Not me!
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I want your car!

I have no idea what I would do with it but I want it.

Heh.....that reminds me, I stopped at an In-N-Out in St. George, UT and some guy pulled up and offered to buy it from me. Also, someone at the Coast Run said they had a friend who was going to show up with a wad of cash to entice me with. Everyone loves this car!

I was behind a Ferrari 430 convertible in some small town on the way to the run and everyone was giving me the thumbs up. I mean, my car costs less than the wheels and tires on that Ferrari, but the Bugeye got all the attention. Hilarious.

Anyway, sorry pokey......it's not for sale.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:
Heh.....that reminds me, I stopped at an In-N-Out in St. George, UT and some guy pulled up and offered to buy it from me. Also, someone at the Coast Run said they had a friend who was going to show up with a wad of cash to entice me with. Everyone loves this car!

I was behind a Ferrari 430 convertible in some small town on the way to the run and everyone was giving me the thumbs up. I mean, my car costs less than the wheels and tires on that Ferrari, but the Bugeye got all the attention. Hilarious.

Anyway, sorry pokey......it's not for sale.

I doubt I could fit my fat ass in it but I still want it. I would build it its own little garage.

I was hoping to see some more video!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock