Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  8th Annual California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
8th Annual California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010 by Songman
Started on: 09-05-2010 05:13 PM
Replies: 139
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-29-2010 12:31 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Please Jeannie! Take Roy's thong!!!
IP: Logged
gldkarma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
I'm still waiting for Roy to model it!! It wouldn't look anywhere near as good on me!!

JC

(Congrats on P. 2!)

[This message has been edited by gldkarma (edited 09-21-2010).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Any more 5 dollar offs needed?

Gonna click enter here tonight then no more.

Edit to ADD!

I think Cafexpress lost the emails. I sent the page and it didn't send so I am not sure if the coupons are going out or not.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 09-22-2010).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Most of you know that St Jude Children's Research Hospital is always the charity that we support with the proceeds from the Coast Run raffle. This year is no different. In addition to the proceeds of the raffle, we also set up for people to make online donations. Remember that these donations are tax deductible.

The main event page on the St Jude site is HERE.

If any of you think you can get donations from where you work, car clubs, or other ways please consider signing up as a Participant. Participants get people to donate and can get cool T-shirts, hats, etc as prizes depeding on how much money they raise.

My participant page is at HERE.

I set the goal for the event at a low $500. I would love to blow this goal out of the water like we did a few years ago. I know times are tough but please sign up as a Participant or donate as you can. Learn more about St Jude at http://www.http://www.stjude.org. Thanks.

------------------
8th Annual California Coast Run

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-23-2010).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, what can we talk about now to keep this thread from dying. Not a lot going on with it...

Oh yeah! Only 4 weeks away! I know there are a lot of people who have mentioned to me that they would be there. Still wondering why the hold up in registrations. It sure makes planning a lot easier...

Also... I finally finished the shirt design for our Sebring brothers and sisters who will be joining us.

------------------

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
This will be here before you know it! Are you ready????

Trying to decide on a costume for us, no great ideas yet.

Bump to keep this thread up.

FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post
Dale:

I know a guy with a nice looking 88 convertible that really needs to get his car out on the road...

FierOmar
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
No kidding! He has never been to the Coast Run either! That car really needs the open road.

And the good news is that it is final... Pokey is registered! Everyone who was waiting to see if he was really going to come can go ahead and gets your plans in. Pokey is going to be at the Coast Run! Yaaaaayyyyy! haha

I have been talking to the Big Sur River Inn about our lunch plans. They need to know a good number so they can plan food, other parties, and staff for the day. For that reason I have to put a deadline for registration as October 9, 2010. That is two weeks prior to the event. Obviously if you register after that or don't register at all, you can still come to the Coast Run. But people registered prior to that date will get priority on all parts of the event - that includes seating at lunch and dinner, and the lineup for the actual drive. I also have some extra goodies that will be for people who have registered. Three and a half weeks to go!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
FYI - This year instead of having the dinner/raffle in the pool area at the hotel, we are moving it to the Big Sur California Cafe. They are the ones that have furnished the food for the last 3 years anyway. They are located just two doors down from the Courtesy Inn. They are shutting down their restaurant for the night just for us. The dinner with non-alcoholic beverage of your choice is $26 per person. Since we are coming to them this year instead of them coming to us, they will have beer, wine, and mixed drinks available for purchase. Those of you who have been before know that their food is great and they have lots of it!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Three weeks from today! And just one week away from the registration deadline. That is the day I turn in the number of registered participants to the restaurants for their food/service needs. Only 8 Fieros registered out of the 14 registrations. I'm not complaining... but every year I say I probably won't do the Coast Run again and I get all these people calling me saying I should do it. Every year I do, and every year people wait till the last minute to register and makes it a lot harder than it needs to be to set everything up. Since the Coast Run is a free event and you don't actually pay for the hotel or catered dinner until you actually arrive, I guess I just don't understand it. Okay, so maybe I am complaining. Just trying to understand I guess....

Sorry, not trying to make the thread a downer. Just trying to get people off their duff to get them out. It's going to be sad when the Coast Run has more 'other' cars than Fieros this year.

------------------

JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Dale, did you get my sister's registration? Catherine?

We appreciate all your hard work and planning you put into this. Thanks Dale and Rie!!!!

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jen, No, I haven't received anything from Catherine. Will she be bringing a Fiero? Ask her if she did the registration. If she did, I didn't get it. Thanks.
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
18 more days!!!!

Ok, Dale I registered my sister so all we need to do is show up!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jen... if you can send me their last names it would be good. One of the things I am bringing for people who are registered will have names on it. Thanks.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Wow! This is coming up fast, isn't it? I need to make my hotel reservations!
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Thanks Jen... if you can send me their last names it would be good. One of the things I am bringing for people who are registered will have names on it. Thanks.

pm sent!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2010 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Wow! This is coming up fast, isn't it? I need to make my hotel reservations!

Yes, you do! Do you want a shirt with a BugEye on it this year? I started to do one but on the other cars I did them from a reverse angle. Can't really do that with a BugEye. You gotta see the eyes!
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JenzGT2:

We appreciate all your hard work and planning you put into this. Thanks Dale and Rie!!!!

Ditto!!

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post

gldkarma

536 posts
Member since May 2003

Originally posted by JenzGT2:

Ditto!!

JC
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate it. It's actually not been so bad this year. Like I said before, we have enough of a proven system now that the food and hotel are not so hard. The too things I stress over every year are finding raffle items and getting people signed up. Shane is handling all the raffle stuff so my only stress has been trying to get people interested and registered. I'll go ahead and apologize now if I get on anyone's nerves trying to get people to sign up. It's just because this run has been my baby for so long and I want it to be a success.

Having said that, the rest of you get signed up!!! haha... We actually are up to 17 cars now.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you do! Do you want a shirt with a BugEye on it this year? I started to do one but on the other cars I did them from a reverse angle. Can't really do that with a BugEye. You gotta see the eyes!

Another Bugeye shirt would be great! You *could* do the same angle as the Fiero & Sebring, but you're right.....hard to tell what kind of car it is from the back and what fun is that?

Making hotel reservations later today!
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Anybody ready to talk convoys? Mike, are you going to try to meet us in Bakersfield for the rest of the ride over? Of course, if you can make it here on Thursday I can offer you a couch. I haven't talked to Chris West yet but I kinda figure he will join me for the Bakersfield departure.

Convoys are fun but the important thing is that anyone who wants some of the best BBQ ribs on the coast should be ready to leave the hotel around 7PM on Friday night.

------------------

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure when I will be arriving......I may just meet everyone at the hotel Friday afternoon.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else from the Bay Area not going until Sat. morning?

JC
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
I'm leaving on Friday.Would like to travel with other Fiero's.Just in case.You never know what will happen when you drive a Fiero.
Anyone from GGF want to hook up?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We plan to leave Bakersfield around noon as usual. We'll make stops at the truck stops at I-5 and Hwy 46, at the rest area just past the James Dean Memorial on Hwy 46, and at the station where we always stop in Paso Robles. If anyone wants to meet at any of those let me know. We should be in Paso Robles around 2:00pm. If that time schedule works for you Bay area folks, let me know. We can adjust it if we need to.
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Works for me.See you in Pasa Robles.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Any last minute entries? Today is the day I turn the numbers in to the restaurants so they will know how much food they need to buy and how much staff they put on...

These are the numbers as they stand right now.
Fieros - 11
Sebrings - 3
HHRs - 2
Jetta - 1
Cavalier - 1
Bugeye - 1
People - 36

It's going to be a lot of fun! You don't want to miss it!
Get registered at http://www/fiero-performance.com.

------------------

indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
Dale,
It's been a few years since we've attended a Coast Run and since this will likely be my last I'm trying really hard to make this one. Family heath issue has me unable to make a 100% commitment to anything right now. So I am doing as you suggested and registering (sorry about the last minute) now and hoping I can make it. I'm trying to register from a public computer (I'm 1500 miles from home right now) and maybe that's why the registration form won't come up. I'll pm you with the info I think your are wanting. Hope to see you all there.
indydriver in L.A.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dick. I've got you. As I said in the PM, if you can't make it just call the hotel and cancel and nothing will be charged.

All the best to your Dad. We will keep him in our prayers.
indydriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your help Dale. I have registered at the Courtesy Inn online and I'm following up by phone.
indydriver
PFF
System Bot
Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraDirect Link to This Post
Dale, I won't know if I can make it or not as I'm in escrow
right now. I might just drive down and meet the group at
lunch on Sat in big sur. Looks like a good turn out and I
may drive the Boxster. But again, I won't know until a
day or 2 before. Bring some shirts with you as If I make
it for lunch, I'll want to get a shirt too (xl).

Remember, Gas is EXPENSIVE in San Simeon, so
everybody make sure you don't have to fill up your tank
there. Fill up before you get there.
Rie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RieClick Here to visit Rie's HomePageSend a Private Message to RieDirect Link to This Post
Me and Bri ( the new Mrs. Kendle) are making a last plea for the coast run....don't make us come out there..cuz..we'll put the peoples elbow down on ya'll.....we...uh....will...you know.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Larry. I appreciate you letting me know. Hope you can make it.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
FYI - I just got off the phone with Manish and the hotel is very close to selling out. There are about 7-8 people on my list who registered as having made their hotel reservations but he does not have them on his list. We don't want anyone not getting a room so if you haven't made your hotel reservations yet, you might want to give Manish a call. 1-800-555-5773
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I have been procrastinating because the money situation is tight and I did not want to reserve a room I could not afford. That said, I *think* I will be able to pull this trip off, so I will call tomorrow and make my reservations with Manish.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Worst case scenario, if something happens and you can't make it just call and cancel and it costs you nothing. But we hope that don't happen. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Better to have a room reserved that you can cancel than not have one reserved and can't get one.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Nakamura:
I might just drive down and meet the group at
lunch on Sat in big sur.

Hey, Larry--let me know if you decide to go down Sat. for lunch and maybe we can swing by or meet up w/you somewhere and drive down together.

JC

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Worst case scenario, if something happens and you can't make it just call and cancel and it costs you nothing. But we hope that don't happen. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Better to have a room reserved that you can cancel than not have one reserved and can't get one.

I'm looking forward to the trip as well......it'll be the only fun thing I've done all year!
Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraDirect Link to This Post
JC, Hope to hear something in the next couple of days.
This will determine if I can do it. I just did a suspension
change on my Boxster, so would make for a good drive
to really test it out. Will let you know.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock