My Idea For Headlights by HausFiero
Started on: 06-17-2010 07:39 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: pegasus1848 on 06-19-2010 01:43 AM
HausFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I was wondering what these headlights that are made to go on an Acura nsx I believe would look like on a fiero...

Here are the headlights- http://image.importtuner.co...a_nsx+headlights.jpg

Any thoughts, or pics of it already done? (or photoshop!!!)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:

Ok so I was wondering what these headlights that are made to go on an Acura nsx I believe would look like on a fiero...

Here are the headlights- http://image.importtuner.co...a_nsx+headlights.jpg

Any thoughts, or pics of it already done? (or photoshop!!!)

The only NSX headlight swaps i know of are on troyboy's car and furiosusGT's (i know spelling)
unless its on a newer one iv never seen them on an NSX but the shape of the lights dosent look like it would mate well with the fiero's front end.

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
A few people on the forum have used the flush RX-7 FD3S headlights as they fit very well into the stock buckets and look very similar to those NSX lights. There's two build threads here on the forum, and they seem to be a good (and somewhat affordable) alternative for custom headlights.

You still retain the stock flip ups, but the lights are very low profile and have the projector style like those.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 06-17-2010).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
The only NSX headlight swaps i know of are on troyboy's car and furiosusGT's (i know spelling)
unless its on a newer one iv never seen them on an NSX but the shape of the lights dosent look like it would mate well with the fiero's front end.

Anything will mate well with enough fiberglass.
Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

A few people on the forum have used the flush RX-7 FD3S headlights as they fit very well into the stock buckets and look very similar to those NSX lights. There's two build threads here on the forum, and they seem to be a good (and somewhat affordable) alternative for custom headlights.

You still retain the stock flip ups, but the lights are very low profile and have the projector style like those.

Very affordable - around $200 WITH all lights and housings, way better price than the [very nice quality] Fiero1Fan/Synthesis/Hella system, which costs three or four times that, but is plug and play.
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link to my build thread using the RX7 aftermarket headlights

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071047.html

Joe Sokol

------------------
85 SE Daily driver with a 3.4 DOHC OBD II
88 Formula/GT 4.9 Allante Intake (My Baby)

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

the shape of the lights dosent look like it would mate well with the fiero's front end.

You don't think it would look very good? I'm tryin to imagine what it would look like, was hopin someone would have a pic of it... Was wondering what it would look like with a hood scoop like skitime's or with hood vents (like the V8-Archie warber style)
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2010 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

You don't think it would look very good? I'm tryin to imagine what it would look like, was hopin someone would have a pic of it... Was wondering what it would look like with a hood scoop like skitime's or with hood vents (like the V8-Archie warber style)

They don't fit in the stock light recesses. Fitting them would require plenty of bodywork. So they will look however your fiberglass skills end up making them look. If you look in the "We Build A Perfect Union" thread in the Construction Zone, you'll see what they will generally look like.
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

They don't fit in the stock light recesses. Fitting them would require plenty of bodywork. So they will look however your fiberglass skills end up making them look. If you look in the "We Build A Perfect Union" thread in the Construction Zone, you'll see what they will generally look like.

Those aren't the same headlights as the pic I linked though. The ones in the perfect union thread are the nsx ones that look like the rx-7 halo ones that everyone does
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2010 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Those aren't the same headlights as the pic I linked though. The ones in the perfect union thread are the nsx ones that look like the rx-7 halo ones that everyone does

Ok. Well, the shape of the ones you posted would look better I think, as the inside angles out more smoothly, rather than being a sharpish angle at the rear. As long as someone who knows what they're doing with fiberglass, does the work, anyway. Anyone can slap a gallon of bondo on something.
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
You asked for opinions, here's mine.
Yuck...

It looks unnatural and doesn't go with the rest of the lines of the car.
In other words, it looks like it doesn't belong.

If I saw that on the street and didn't know anything about Fieros, I'd say "it looks like a Fiero with modified/out of place headlights. Silly."

Now, if you're going to do a whole body kit and create a whole new exterior, that's another thing.

PFF
System Bot
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
Check out the photos of 88lambofiero head lights.
They look very close with two humps, not three.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock