Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  After you are done with the Fiero.. what is your next fun car ? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
After you are done with the Fiero.. what is your next fun car ? by vortecfiero
Started on: 05-30-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: DefEddie on 05-31-2010 09:46 PM
vortecfiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
Ive driven a lot of affordable fun cars...
the ones that stand out are
corvette C5
Miata
Audi s4
and right now im in love with a black Infinity G35S

added
Pontiac G8
Pontiac GTO

my choices are based on balanced car
a balance of handling, brakes and usable power
and also function as a daily driver while also good looking.
I already have 2 cars that are 4 door
a corolla for the kids and an Altima se 3.5 (love this car)

ive done a lot of hot laps with all of the above and may add more later lol

please feel free to offer your choices and perhaps why

------------------

87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6
Bully Stage 2 clutch
Syclone intake manifold and engine management with Moates adapter and chip burner
Air/water intercooler and Devil's Own progressive water/alky injection
50lb injectors, 3 bar map sensor, Walboro fuel pump and Jabasco Intercooler pump
LM1 wideband on custom manifolds and 3" stainless exhaust system
T31/T04B H3 turbo and a S10 caliper conversion.
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

[This message has been edited by vortecfiero (edited 05-31-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
done???? fiero???? your funny
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
my next toy will be a Louts Turbo Esprit...
why??
1-affordable
2-should be fun and fast
3-i love the old school 80's imports...Ferrari (i have a Mera), Lambo Countach/Diablo, Lancia Stratos...ect...
newer SuperCars are nice but the super premium (inflation) they charge now is way out of my reach. a good lower mile Louts can be had for around $15,000 easy.

see i have this Mera

and I am at odds if I should i make it as fast as its Mentor?? my body says "HELL YES" but my brain says keep it stock for prosterity...it is a part of Pontiac history and with the Demise....6/01/2010....REST IN PEACE....i feel i should keep the faith.

So enter the Lotus. i was looking at Ferrari 308's and Lotus' Esprits when i found this Mera. so it is actually where i was a year ago.
cool now all i need is a job. come on "construction rebound"
later
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-30-2010).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I've been debating being 'done' with my Fiero over the past few months. I even have a for sale ad on RFT. Should I actually move on from her, I would probably replace her with:

-FC RX7 LS1 swap project
-nothing and put some money into my GTI
-Sell my GTI and buy either an STI, FJ Cruiser, or VW R32 with the extra cash

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
gmtuners.com -Build info

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

done???? fiero???? your funny

24 years of owning them and I'm not done. Probably won't be for another 24 years. Already have a 1995 Corvette and numerous other toys, but I don't see the Fieros going anywhere.
ss85fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ss85fieroSend a Private Message to ss85fieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, i wouldn't say its a car, but i already have my next project. It is a 1978 Honda cb750 motorcycle, but i have plans sometime in the future of getting a Pontiac Solstice.

------------------

87 fiero gt 4.9
99 trans am ws6

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
so this thread got me looking at Lotus and Ferrari's again when i found the car i almost bought a year ago before i got me Mera.
its still there!!! for the same price

HOT DOGG!!! i feel a low ball offer is a comming. called the boss and he said there should be something this summer for me, work wise..ohhh happy days. thanks for this thread. it was the kick i needed to get the ball rolling
Later
Daniel
vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1980 Trans am that I need to get to work on. I want modern LS power and maybe a mini-tub. I have also had my eye on a 928s that is sitting behind a auto repair shop. Converting it to a LS2/3 would bring it up to par with todays sportscars.

Vinny
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
after I sell my curent Fiero I will just build another one even better than the last.
D.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-30-2010 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I am wanting to build a Lotus Super 7, or something like the Cathrem. I would love to build this for Amy. She is a great driver, and digs convertables. I know that if you do your own work, a near $10,000 price is attainable. Not looking for the real deal, but a kit that can be rung out is what I think of. Ah, the future....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-30-2010).]

kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Turning this......

into this......but with some of my own visual modifications as well as a 3XXX motor w/turbo and 5spd. Would love to build a full frame with a supercharged LS1.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 05-30-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I will never be done with mine. That's the fun!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Well i bought another fiero.. than came my wrangler TJ
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Early Dodge Viper or a Jalpa needing some work... Fiero is getting tired and worn out from all the abuse, probably get replaced before the end of the summer
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
There is no fun after Fiero !

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
It's why you buy two - when you need to have a next "fun toy," you get rid of one and you're still in the game.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyDirect Link to This Post
WHAT !!!!! This site is for DIE HARD FIERO ENTHUISTS, and owners...We are not, and never will be "done" with our Fiero's. Their part of US ! So, with all due respect to you, if you're done with your Fiero, be done with this site. But I bet you'll be sorry you did both in the future.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I have a modifed Audi A4, and a Corvette...

and I still enjoy the fiero.. I'd probally work on another fiero.
KaijuSenso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
well when winter comes around I'm usually looking into fun for my Audi S4 but now that it's summer again, the Fiero is just begging for upgrades. I'm getting pretty close to my suspension rebuild and potential motor swap. The Audi got new turbos right before last winter and the CEL fixed and because I treat my babies equal, time to spend a few grand on the Fiero
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
Easy. . .

Either:

WRX, S2000 or Mustang GT.

Why?

I want a balanced car (power to handling) and the WRX seems to be at the top of my list. S2000 in next because of the drop top and handling, then mustang, because parts will be available in 20 years. (Fiero parts, probably not so much.)
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Haven't really started with my Fiero but my next fun vehicle will probably be a 2010 1700 Thunderbird.
PFF
System Bot
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I am also going to be building a lotus 7 replica. I am going to use the v6 that came out of my fiero when I did the engine swap and use fiero front spindles so at least it will have fiero parts in it for me to continue with the fiero spirit.

www.locostusa.com
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoDirect Link to This Post
Other cars?

No other cars.........Just Fiero's.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6
Original White paint, with Sunroof
3.65 M17 4 speed = F.U.N. in the Sun.
Whoo hoo, Spring has sprung

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
dodge intrepid is my next car.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Done with the Fiero?

My Formula's engine went belly up this spring.

I researched and looked at a lot of different cars. Thought I might like a Corvette, but any in decent shape had owners looking to get thousands over book.

Ended up with a new T-top Formula.

Done? I am just getting started! (I satisfy my need for other performance/fun cars with my daily driver. Had a Subaru WRX which was terrific, now have a Volvo C30 turbo.)

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 05-30-2010).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
Either another Fiero or... Maybe a VW Golf again? Might go back to the 70's and get a Datsun 620 bullet side... I dunno, that's a bit off into the future.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 05-30-2010).]

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
S2000 !
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Well with 3 Fiero's in the stable, a 70 Monte in the middle of rehab and a 47 Chevy Truck project waiting in line, I do not think I will ever be done - especially with Fieros. I have a few more "builds" I want to tackle. Add in the fact that I am constantly "looking" for the next project. You never know what it will be.

My 88 Formula - all stock now but when the 2.8 goes to sleep, it will get a 3800SC swap!

My 16 year olds 88 Coupe with the XTC body - we just finished a 4.9 swap and the next major project is body and paint then a complete interior rehab:

My 86 Coupe with a 350 Chevy - I did not do the install but the plan is a complete rehab - interior is now finished but I have to make it faster than it already is!

My 70 Monte just before I tore it to a thousand pieces:

Working the 47 along side the Monte:

I'm not sure I would call it "fun" right now!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-30-2010).]

Eau_Rouge

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Eau_RougeSend a Private Message to Eau_RougeDirect Link to This Post
I've had my fiero since 1998 and still can't bear to part with it. My daily driver is a Mercedes C class and I love the car...extremely well built and very comfortable but it doesn't have the characther and simply isn't as fun to drive as my fiero. I would never want a fiero as a daily driver but as a fun/weekend car it's great and after having it for so long I simply can't bear to part with it. If I got tired of it, I'd rather just park it in the garage and put a car cover over it until I felt the need to play with it again. So far, I've never gotten fed up with it and still enjoy it as much as I ever did.
I'm not saying that I wouldn't want other cars, in fact I am currently building a 1982 BMW 320i with a turbo charged 1.8L engine from a 1995 318is, full front subframe, hubs, brakes, steering rack from the 1995 318is and the complete rear subframe of a 318ti with a Z3 M LSD - can't wait to have this one done!
Hopefully by the time I'm finished my BMW, putting a turbo/supercharged Ecotec in a fiero will be as easy as doing a 3800SC...that would be a dream come true!

Another positive of sticking with an older car - cheap collector car insurance!
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I will always keep the Fiero but I just have not had much interst in it for a couple years.

I did some work to it this spring and just started it this week after putting the repainted quarter panel back on.

My time has been inversted the last two year has been my HHR SS. It is much faster and more fun to drive. But 300 HP will do that. I need this engine in the Fiero.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It does freak me out when I get into the Fiero out of the HHR as the post on the HHR are thick and the Fiero has such thin A pillars. I feel exposed.

I hope to get back into the Fiero a little more this summer once we get past the big Soap Box Derby race coming up. I have more work into that car than anything.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 05-30-2010).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
In no particular order...here is some of what I did after I got out of Fiero's:

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 05-30-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
jmex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2010 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmexSend a Private Message to jmexDirect Link to This Post
Finish the Bronco..

Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blueiii:

Easy. . . Mustang GT.

-1 (Ford)
+1 (Honesty)

If my next big project were a car, it'd have to be one of the following:

1. MG Midget or Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite with LS engine, roll cage, 4 wheel independent, etc.
2. Halo Warthog
3. Concept car I designed in 2006 built Factory Five style

If my next big project were not a car, it'd have to be:

1. 2 person coaxial helicopter with a high power to weight ratio (can you say "deathwish?")
2. One of those hydraulic robots like in Matrix 3 or Avatar (I'm thinking 10-20 feet tall)

...an engineering background gives me an edge here
...insane budget
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I have been thinking about a Porsche Cayman S. A C5 or newer Corvette would be good too but preferably a C6 with some letters after the name. In the meantime my Fiero is the best car for me. I will probably never sell it even if I got something else.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
If not the Fiero then I'd likely be still pouring money into my '81 TE71 Corolla, or my '88 MX6 GT-R. Beyond that I'd look for something like a '74 Mitsubishi Galant Colt GTO as a project, or something droptop like an MR2 or an MX5.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
There was a lotus in Australia for 10k recently which is a bargain i would say it sold fast I would rather a lotus 7 than an espirit. I think i would like a 911 porsche if i were to replace the fiero.
Fiero1K

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post
A Solstice or a Sky - their story is super similar to the fiero's. And they are gorgeous. If I was going to get one I'd go for the coupe in a heartbeat. Too bad they killed it.

I would probably put the Camaro v6 in it and turbo that.

------------------
1988 Metallic Red Pontiac Fiero CJB T-Top Coupe, # 784 of 1252

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Acura NSX
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I can't afford one, but I'd be happy to replace my Fiero with this

Arn
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock