Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  How do you get the "drive" to finish you project car? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
How do you get the "drive" to finish you project car? by 87antuzzi
Started on: 05-30-2010 12:36 AM
Replies: 51
Last post by: billpapps on 06-16-2010 09:04 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

Ditto... (I do hope to drive it soon though...)

Charlie

Oh I still drive it, its just 4 colors and gets funny looks. Its still a blast to drive.
IP: Logged
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
I go to cruise nights Fieroless...or just wait for update requests on the build thread
Both very good motivators to keep going.

Ryan

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

ICCAMDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
I get nagged every day about when my cars going to get done.... ( It takes up the whole garage ) Its been about a year now. Just like RRunner said your going to plan to do one thing but you end up spending 50-100% more money then you thought. I mean I probablly could have been done if it werent for buying.... the built trans, everything getting ported, the cam, intercooler....... nitros. I guess I just got carried away. Go big or go home!
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
every time I see a muscle car or honda ricer or basically anything I would have "played" with in my 3.8 fiero It makes me Wish i had one to work on... :*( just go to a car show or drive to the races on a friday night then I'm sure you'll be working on it saturday!!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Well from seeing what others have done. I am painting mine this weekend so in your face flanders i hope this inspires you all to hurry it along.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Australian

4701 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

I go to cruise nights Fieroless...or just wait for update requests on the build thread
Both very good motivators to keep going.

Ryan

I am so keen to see your car finished.
can_add

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for can_addClick Here to visit can_add's HomePageSend a Private Message to can_addDirect Link to This Post
Mines my daily driver for about 7 months of the year. The way I look at it, I don't get my projects done over the winter I don't have a car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

How do you guys do it? Ive been working on this for 3 months. I have no desire to finish it really. I will buy stuff to finish it but just dont have the drive to want to finish it. Im at the point where i need to clean the garage and pull my old engine. I dont have a car at the moment and miss my fiero but with no one to help me pull the engine its kinda rough. I just lost my drive to finish it.

Seriously, you have to find a "Fiero'" on the forum whose Fiero is similar (to yours) and whose owner is motivated. Another thing I've found that is helpful is to have more than one Fiero, especially one that is running thus when your running low on "motivation" you can hop in the Fiero. After a few miles--you'll get back into the spirit.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-12-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Seriously, you have to find a "Fiero'" on the forum whose Fiero is similar (to yours) and whose owner is motivated. Another thing I've found that is helpful is to have more than one Fiero, especially one that is running thus when your running low on "motivation" you can hop in the Fiero. After a few miles--you'll get back into the spirit.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. I'll be getting a parts car in the next month or so, to use for mocking up the LS4 on the cradle, so I don't have to drop and cut the one in my car, and see if it fits, drop it, and keep doing stuff like that over and over again. I can always hop in the GT, go for a drive, and have the desire for the throttle to give a little more than she does with the 2.8. Same with the interior. I won't have to leave my car sitting with the dash and door panels and seats out of it, while I work on the new dash design and everything. Being able to go for a drive is always a big motivator, because you can feel everything you're wanting to change, and why you want to change it.
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hinesb1890:

I find it helps to look at other people's finished projects, nothing gets me going like seeing a sexy fiero

This.
And I think it's just fun working on your car. You just have to limit it to a certain amount everyday. If you work on it all day, everyday, it's a lot easier to get burnt out. I just can't wait to see it lookin' sexy, to able to drive it around, and show it off!
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
are you done yet?
PFF
System Bot
billpapps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
I am having a real hard time also. I use to work on my cars to get things off my mind. But ,She is not on my mind anymore.
So, I guess I need to find something else to drive me crazy enough to work on my Fiero.

I did do something yesterday.I made a engine mount
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock