Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  86 degrees and rainy tomorrow....i have no AC...drive to work will be he77... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
86 degrees and rainy tomorrow....i have no AC...drive to work will be he77... by faaaaq
Started on: 05-24-2010 02:53 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: rogergarrison on 05-27-2010 11:00 AM
faaaaq

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
i have another thread about my AC, yeah i know....this is more general cooling lol. id like to know any simple solutions to use so i dont die on my way to work.... my wiper blades are awful (visibility is BETTER when i dont use them), my AC doesnt work, and i cant have my windows down if its rainy lol....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
open your sunroof and put the air on cold and turn on the blower, my car doesn't have ac. you should be able to roll your windows down just a tad.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
the Fiero owner from Texas scoffs...
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

open your sunroof and put the air on cold and turn on the blower, my car doesn't have ac. you should be able to roll your windows down just a tad.

no sunroof lol. turning my air on just blows hot air thru the vents :/. might hafta get my AC system upgraded so i can finally use it lol
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

faaaaq

3856 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

lol. i live in wiconsin. 86 is freakin HOT. -30 i can handle, but not 86+ lol.... plus, heat with windows down is fine i guess, but i wont be able to put my windows down tomorrow, or likely for the rest of the week other than today
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Are you saying you have NO AC, or is your AC broken? If broken, why not fix it?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Hmph... Try a couple of southern summers with non-functional AC. It was 91 yesterday. Sucks huh?
RockyBalboaLives

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockyBalboaLivesSend a Private Message to RockyBalboaLivesDirect Link to This Post
Man up ya BIG p***y..
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
91 degrees F here. Feels good after sitting inside cold A/C offices all day.

My A/C is frosty cold, but I only use it for longer trips.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
86 in Texas is like 66 in Wisconsin/Michigan. Texas has that nice dry heat, practically no humidity. It's 90 here today, reminds me of Texas when it would be 115.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
There is a "heat index" that figures in humidity
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
kurt lives!
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
my 84 has no a/c and i work outside and drive 94 miles to work each way. you get use too it. have to say this so excuse my sarcasm WWWWAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
The A/C in my Subaru needs a recharge and I'm vacationing near Tampa, FL with near-record temps. I feel your pain.
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Direct Link to This Post
91 F here today, with around 80% humidity, and no A/C either. I agree it^^, I feel no sympathy, and I drive min to work daily. Ya can crack your windows about 3/4 to 1 inch, and still stay dry.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
not looking for sympathy lol, i know many people go thru worse. but it was 91 here as well with massive humidity lol. i dont think cracking my windows will work if its raining...ill still get soaking wet lol. today was hotter than tomorrow, but i ad my windows open today
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
If you just get a little wet, the water evaporates and cools you down. I find it refreshing. If you crack the windows, make sure you do it to both so you get a bit of cross flow going on.
Fiero_Fan_88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Direct Link to This Post
Ive gone for 3 years with out A/C and its been 90+ weather. You will be ok.

Just think of all that horsepower your saving by not having A/C... Oh and the fuel economy!

------------------

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

Ive gone for 3 years with out A/C and its been 90+ weather. You will be ok.

Just think of all that horsepower your saving by not having A/C... Oh and the fuel economy!

mythbusters says windows down is same as windows up with ac on, so HA! lol

yeah but im not use to heavy heat, i prefer the cool/cold. and if i get a little wet, if it gets on my clothes itll make it worse, and if i get too wet i wont be able to do my job lol
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Shove a couple of bags of frozen peas down your pants.
Thunderkingben

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThunderkingbenClick Here to visit Thunderkingben's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThunderkingbenDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

hahahaha Houston Fiero owner agree.

[This message has been edited by Thunderkingben (edited 05-25-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I totally agree, 94 with a heat index of over 100 just isn't right in Minnesota... Even with the windows rolled down, its like a big hot hair dryer blowing in my face.
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by faaaaq:

id like to know any simple solutions to use so i dont die on my way to work....

1. Find ice cubes.

2. Put ice cubes in sandwich bag.

3. Place mobile cooling device on your head.

4. Cover the device with a ballcap so people don't think your nuts.

5. Enjoy being cool!
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

yeah but im not use to heavy heat, i prefer the cool/cold. and if i get a little wet, if it gets on my clothes itll make it worse, and if i get too wet i wont be able to do my job lol

no it doesnt...45 below windows is more fuel efficient, 45 up ac is. but you're forgetting ac compenents weigh 100ishlbs, least on Zeds
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
What is this AC everyone is talking about?

I've never owned a fiero with working AC. Its pretty low on the list of priorities on the V8 fiero.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 05-25-2010).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

What is this AC everyone is talking about?

I've never owned a fiero with working AC. Its pretty low on the list of priorities on the V8 fiero.

AC worked in one of mine for 3 seasons.. I missed it when it went away ( it will return, after the next engine swap )
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33616 posts
Member since May 2006

That only worked on NEW trucks with poor aerodynamics anyway, and their testing wasn't that accurate either. Cant trust them mythbusters..

Cracking the window just enough for airflow wont soak you. Unless perhaps your drip rail is gone?
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I had a El Camino with a big block and the AC went out. With a black roof and black interior it was a long hot summer that year.
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
BTDT Both my cars had no A/C when we first bought them.

With a few $$ and some research, time & effort, both now work.
For details on the red one: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052684.html
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I had a El Camino with a big block and the AC went out. With a black roof and black interior it was a long hot summer that year.

forgot to mention my car is black lol

and idk about my drip rail. if it is there, i doubt its fully functional. i just checked my dew-wipes, and realised they dont even make contact with the windows....lol
deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
A/C work really isn't tough...about $100 for a compressor, have the hoses made by a hydraulic shop, and if you're really adventurous, fill 'er up with a $3 bottle of propane and prepare to be able to cut glass with your nipples.

Really, it isn't tough to get A/C working as long as your evaporator and condenser are okay.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deceler8:

A/C work really isn't tough...about $100 for a compressor, have the hoses made by a hydraulic shop, and if you're really adventurous, fill 'er up with a $3 bottle of propane and prepare to be able to cut glass with your nipples.

Really, it isn't tough to get A/C working as long as your evaporator and condenser are okay.

lol, that doesnt sound safe...

but i dont even know what my problem is, i just know my AC kicks out REALLY hot air no matter how long i let it run, and it doesnt sound like anything AC related ever even turns on or kicks in
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post

lol, that doesnt sound safe...

but i dont even know what my problem is, i just know my AC kicks out REALLY hot air no matter how long i let it run, and it doesnt sound like anything AC related ever even turns on or kicks in

Probably have leak somewhere, and your system is drained

First thing you do is get your pressures checked. If there is some pressure in there, get it corrected and you should be good.

No pressure, get the dye and black light, and hunt the leak down.

[This message has been edited by LitebulbwithaFiero (edited 05-25-2010).]

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

First thing you do is get your pressures checked. If there is some pressure in there, get it corrected and you should be good.

No pressure, get the dye and black light, and hunt the leak down.

"the dye"? i dont know the process for checking pressure or using a dye to hunt for the leak (if there is one)
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

faaaaq:"the dye"? i dont know the process for checking pressure or using a dye to hunt for the leak (if there is one)

Check the A/C section of the service manual.

------------------
Download Factory Service Manuals here: http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

Check the A/C section of the service manual.

lol, i keep forgetting i have the manual... thanks for the link tho, i keep the manual in my car all the time so itll be nice to have a copy on my pc
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
turn the temp down all the way and put the heater control on vent if you cant roll the windows down. you will get outside fresh air.

Its been 85* here too and clear and sunny. Yet to turn my car or house AC on. I dont turn the house on till its over 95* out. Just keep the blinds closed and ceiling fans on.

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

turn the temp down all the way and put the heater control on vent if you cant roll the windows down. you will get outside fresh air.

Its been 85* here too and clear and sunny. Yet to turn my car or house AC on. I dont turn the house on till its over 95* out. Just keep the blinds closed and ceiling fans on.

where do you live? the humidity here makes 85 and up unbearable for me.

ill see if vent works tomorrow, gunnna rain tomorrow n be toasty as well.... stayed home from work today so i ended up not having to worry bout it
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I'm telling you, frozen peas. By the time you get home, you can throw them on a plate and have supper.
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I'm telling you, frozen peas. By the time you get home, you can throw them on a plate and have supper.

peas are nasty tho lol. and we dont have any :/. thought about frozen bottle of water and some sort of fan system lol
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock