Is your car a boy or a girl? by salaciouse1
Started on: 05-19-2010 10:00 PM
Replies: 57
Last post by: 30+mpg on 06-22-2010 06:54 PM
salaciouse1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for salaciouse1Send a Private Message to salaciouse1Direct Link to This Post
I recently got into a debate with a friend of mine. Here's how it started.

I constantly rattle on to him about all the plans I have for my 85GT, and all the usefull things that I learn here on the forum. He doesn't care in the least but he's a good sport. He made the statement to me the other day that nomatter what I do to the car it will still be a "girl" when it's done. He wasn't referingg to it as a "chick car", informing me that the "spirit" of the car was a girls "spirit". I then took the position that all cars a girls...i.e. "my baby", "ol' bessie", Christine, Eleanor, etc., etc. My logic was that way back ships were always referred to as women because the sailors were away from their wives for so long that it was like they were married to the ship or it was there mistress, and that has transfered over to cars in our time. That a true car guy spends so much time and has so much passion for his car that it could only be comparable to that of a man to a woman. His view was that all cars have their own "spirit" and that it can be man or woman.

I am aware that this is a pointless debate and that we have way too much time on our hands, but I was hoping that ya'll could share your opinion. He is not a car guy, and considers me merely a dabbler with a pipe dream so maybe the opinion of experienced enthusiasts could set this straight.

Thanx for any replies.
-Luke
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Female.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I consider mine a guy... I would never abuse a girl .... although the expense of owning it has been more female-like

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
When it's running good, it's male. When it's throwing a fit, it's female.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Well...
I originally thought mine was a male, since it has its big muscular motor, and is loud and kinda badass....

But, I really think its a female. For two reasons:

1. It has been being a real pain in the ass, as I am installing getrag #4 into this car since the motor swap....
and
2. "Hulki U. My-BFF" says that it is a girl because of a "hole" in the passenger side rear wheel well (where the V8's electric water pump is located)

HAHAHAHA
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I generally think of automobiles (or any piece of machinery) as "it"... i.e. gender-neutral. Even my Fiero, into which I've poured hundreds of hours of labor and several thousands of dollars of money, is an "it".

Does this mean I'm not really a "car guy"?
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Either way though, male or female....
I dont really think that mine really likes me!
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Mine must be a girl because everytime a wrench slips and I scratch my knuckles I say "You little B---h!"

Spoon
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
It is an it. Nongender specific. It runs like an it, it looks like an it and it even quacks like an it so it is an it. Just kidding about the quacks.
Spynx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpynxClick Here to visit Spynx's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpynxDirect Link to This Post
Murphy is a boy.

Although in general, cars are girls. Just because, like women, they can never just tell you what's wrong with them. They just go around running like crap and leave it up to you to figure the problem out. :P

------------------

Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spynx:

Murphy is a boy.

Although in general, cars are girls. Just because, like women, they can never just tell you what's wrong with them. They just go around running like crap and leave it up to you to figure the problem out. :P

Best reply yet. I certainly agree that cars are female. Sterile, can't procreate or reproduce, but still, female.

[This message has been edited by Isolde (edited 05-19-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Rolling Thunder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderDirect Link to This Post
boy? It's a MAN!

Actually, I don't give genders to my cars. It is an extension of my own body. (hold the jokes)
faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqDirect Link to This Post
i would never enter a male, nor stick my hands in his undercarriage...so girl?
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Definitely female... Nice curves and to be honest I do not have any desire to spend so much time riding a dude!
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleDirect Link to This Post
My friends and family told me that they wouldn't be surprised to see me "enter" the fuel filling pipe, or any of the 4 exhaust pipes...

I do call my car a "she", but she remains nameless. I usually refer to her as "the Fiero", but she's been called by myself and others:

Ferrari
Chick magnet
Naturally aspirated banana
Race car
Death trap
15.6 second piece of ****
Plastic go-kart
Toy
Money pit
Saturn blaster
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I dont know i havent looked up my cars skirts lateley
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
she is a she

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoDirect Link to This Post
For some reason, most cars I see i consider a male if it's a stickshift and female if auto. not quite sure why though. I'm sure though that my male S4 2.7t likes being around the Female A6 2.7t at work, even if she is bigger then him haha
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
Mine is transgendered
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a female for the following reasons.
Takes all my money
does not treat me well
Takes all my money
Gets me in trouble
Takes all my money
Takes all my time
Takes all my money
It never has a "good day"
And did i mention it takes all my money?
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
here are my fieros previous, and current

1986 Red (black ground effects) V6 Auto - Girl
1988 Red Coupe Iron Duke 5-speed - Sexy Girl
1987 Maroon Coupe Iron Duke Auto - IT
1985 Silver GT Auto - Girl
1988 Red Coupe Iron Duke Auto (parts car) - nothing...lol
1987 Silver Fastback 5-Speed - one hot lady
PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Mine is a female for the following reasons.
Takes all my money
does not treat me well
Takes all my money
Gets me in trouble
Takes all my money
Takes all my time
Takes all my money
It never has a "good day"
And did i mention it takes all my money?

antuzzi...haven't you thought about maybe seeing other car's and having an open relationship with her? lol
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
Meet the Boys........

Mera X in the back.....The RedDeth up front. The Crimson Pontiac Deth Squad!!
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-20-2010).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Female, definitely. ...my lady calls my Fiero "The Other Woman!"

------------------

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post
My GT's a she. She likes being pampered.

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thedrue:

Definitely female... Nice curves and to be honest I do not have any desire to spend ANY time riding a dude!

Fixed it for you!

Best description yet!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-20-2010).]

salaciouse1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for salaciouse1Send a Private Message to salaciouse1Direct Link to This Post
I thik Spynx & 87antuzzi pretty much summed it up. So far the majority has been female for variouse reasons. Thank you for the replies. Maybe this will end my friend and My debate. Thank you
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Mine is a Crack Whore.
milenko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for milenkoSend a Private Message to milenkoDirect Link to This Post
All of my cars so far have been girls and they get sexy names except for when I had my impala that was a guy vlad the impala after dracula!!!! I beat the hell outa that car!

------------------
93 dodge stealth es-rip
95 eagle talon tsi- 5spd conversion, fidanza flywheel and 6 puck clutch, short throw shifter, ported 2g manifold, evo 3 o2 housing, 3" tanabe blue tbe, 18" rpm mesh wheels, prothane bushings all around, solid motor mounts, super 16g turbo, turbo xs dual stage boost controler( 15 then 30psi), rc 550cc injectors, dsm link, obx fmic with short route 3" hard piping, 3" intake ect...
95 grand prix- rip
2001 chevy impala- sold
2- 95 vw mk3 golfs gold 4door with 16" tenzo wheels tokico struts megan racing lowering springs 2" drop, greddy exhaust, cam, intake. black 2 door parts car with race tranny.
Fiero coming soon?

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
cars are hermaphrodites
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Most definately female. (Couldn't do the shocker symbol!)

Just can't drive a male car. I like looking at the lines, hearing the voice, and feeling the touch of a female. Just can't do that if I were to think of her as a he? Besides, I spend most of my time taking care of her, or just enjoying her for a smooth drive. Then, every once in a while, drive the piss out of her hard, and let her know who's boss.
PFF
System Bot
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
All of my cars are girls. When talking to people I usually try to look for clues as to how they refer to their cars before I assume. I don't really mind either way whether someone else's car is a boy or a girl or no gender at all, but mine are girls =P.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I've usually stuck with the tranny being the determining factor:
stick - its a boy
no stick - its a girl

tho, now thinking about it....ug...wtf am I doing when I'm shifting thru the gears.....
fffttt1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Direct Link to This Post
Wait a minute.................I'll go outside and look under the rear end to check it's equipment! Get back to you.
fffttt1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Direct Link to This Post

fffttt1

662 posts
Member since Jun 2004
I found some dings and scrapes under the rear end. It has been lowered and could be bottoming out................but I'm thinking late at night when nobody's watching, it must be picking and scratching itself, so I'm saying he's a boy for sure!
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Girl. I don't want to "get inside" a boy.
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
Laugh... I'll have to agree with your friend!! Guess I'll go ahead and jump in here...

Ours not only have specific genders, they also have very specific identities to go along with those genders, plus they pretty much named themselves other than Kuro Neko (black cat in japanese) she said she didn't care what we called her... and not all of our vehicles have had genders/identities just depends on the car... although it does seem that the fieros have plenty of spirit, even the ones in the junkyards!! So on with the list!

Sno'ball male - Max's 86 white ZR2 kit car
Armond male - my 88 purple
Kuro Neko female - my daughters 86 blue (was black)
Graye - male - 87 extra car maroon
Ariena - female - my sons 86 white stick shift (all the rest are auto trans.)
Tiberius -Tyre for short - male my sons first 87 black, transmission went out, donor engine for Kuro Neko
Night Wolf - male 85 purple Max's previous notchie rusted out the frame
Meahve - female? 86 silver Max's & daughters first notchie, sold

Ariel & Aragorn - female & male our Chevy Colorado 06 blue truck (yeah it was tricky since it has both sexes!)

------------------

pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
i have to say my 84 is a male. why cause he never talks back always there for me reliable and so far has not broke my bank account. also he doesn't cause me to want to throw my hands up and say now what. put the key in and starts right up. none of this maybe i dont know i have issurs crap.
Spynx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpynxClick Here to visit Spynx's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpynxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amethyst:

Laugh... I'll have to agree with your friend!! Guess I'll go ahead and jump in here...

Ours not only have specific genders, they also have very specific identities to go along with those genders, plus they pretty much named themselves other than Kuro Neko (black cat in japanese) she said she didn't care what we called her... and not all of our vehicles have had genders/identities just depends on the car... although it does seem that the fieros have plenty of spirit, even the ones in the junkyards!! So on with the list!

Sno'ball male - Max's 86 white ZR2 kit car
Armond male - my 88 purple
Kuro Neko female - my daughters 86 blue (was black)
Graye - male - 87 extra car maroon
Ariena - female - my sons 86 white stick shift (all the rest are auto trans.)
Tiberius -Tyre for short - male my sons first 87 black, transmission went out, donor engine for Kuro Neko
Night Wolf - male 85 purple Max's previous notchie rusted out the frame
Meahve - female? 86 silver Max's & daughters first notchie, sold

Ariel & Aragorn - female & male our Chevy Colorado 06 blue truck (yeah it was tricky since it has both sexes!)

If she named it Kuro Neko because of Trigun, then I give her two thumbs up

------------------

[This message has been edited by Spynx (edited 05-20-2010).]

Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
After reading this post, I had to find out... OMG, what the heck!!!

I guess mine is a male... and all this time!!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock