New to the forum by kazoo
Started on: 05-12-2010 03:42 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: Iron_Mark_2003 on 05-28-2010 01:01 AM
kazoo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kazooSend a Private Message to kazooDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to say hi. Bought my first Fiero over the weekend. Always wanted one so pulled the trigger. Needs some work but is in pretty good shape. Its an 87 SE notch back, black 5 speed. Have been reading some of the forum lately trying to get ideas and see how these cars work. I did find a post on the headlight modification. I think it uses the Hella projector lights and a custom holder made by a couple guys on the board. I found the price for the bracket but how about the lights themselves. Is there a kit being sold or do you have to piece the mod together? A little more info would be great about that. I really like the way they look on the cars.
Thanks,
John
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum!!!

You will need the buckets...I think you found the price already.

The 90 mm Hella lights 2 high, 2 low beam buy from eBay or other Hella distributor.

A harness, you can buy one here from (Synthesis) or make one like I did for $15.

Put it all together and enjoy
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! Got any pictures of your car?
Curious -- 4 cylinder or 6? 4-cylinder 87 SE's are actually quite rare. They only made about 1600 of them.
8-P

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! Next to your owners manual (http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php) this place is going to be your best resource for all the problems your Fiero will undoubtedly give you. ;-)

As TopNotch said, we'd love to see photos of the car!
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
notchies forever
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Even if it is a notchie.....we need pictures, please.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness !!

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

Trust one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Trust oneSend a Private Message to Trust oneDirect Link to This Post
welcome i have a 87 notchback.and i check this place more often than Facebook,,,,,
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

notchies forever

Damnit lol another notch.. lol im kiddong. Ill find out what there website is for you theres a place near me that sells them pretty cheap. But its still pretty expensive. Thats why i went with flush mounts. Welcome to the forum.. put up pics of your new ride.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, John. Enjoy every minute of your 80's econorocket!
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
You came to the right place.

Welcome to the addiction!
PFF
System Bot
kazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kazooSend a Private Message to kazooDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, great to be here. Its a 5 speed v6. The person I bought it from rebuilt the engine so it only has 4000 miles on it. I will get pictures up as soon as I can. Its not perfect but its something I can work on. The main thing it needs on the outside is a new hood. This one is all chipped up in the front and also the lights don't sit flush because of it. So right now I am looking for a hood. Bought it Saturday and Monday already bought some upgrade parts. I like this car and its fun to drive. I can't wait to get out of work so I can drive it. I think I might have a problem.
FirstDrCar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirstDrCarSend a Private Message to FirstDrCarDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Gotta love the notchies!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum (family).... Yes, we even will look at notchback pics... (but, only w/ one eye)

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

1988 Formula

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988 FormulaSend a Private Message to 1988 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
John, I just bought my first Fiero about a month ago and joined this forum the day after I got the car. I have already found a lot of good info here to help me with my ride, lots of good people too!

Kevin Campbell

[This message has been edited by 1988 Formula (edited 05-13-2010).]

donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Welcome. I've only been on here a short time as well but, I got to tell you these guys know their fieros. Been a load of help to me already. I just live north of you in LaSalle so anytime you need something I will see if I can help. Enjoy i know I am and mine still isn't on the road yet.
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kazoo:

Its not perfect but its something I can work on.

Muahahaha.. Another victim - erm- I mean fanatic!
I can count on 1 hand how many perfect fieros I've seen, working on them is what makes 'em yours.
Just wait til they multiply.. You don't understand this comment yet, but you will..

In all seriousness, welcome to the crazy, it's fun here.

------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Welcome - The folks around here are the best.

Rich
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness........ I been hooked on Fiero's since my first.... a 1984 SE bought in the spring of 1984. I'm pretty close to you if you need anything.

------------------

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Hello Jon welcome to the Forum and the fiero's magic of drilling a hole in your pocket that gets bigger with time!!!!! LOL just follomgas DL10 said if you need help I am close as well and always willing to help out. I have gone through quite a few fieros and getting another this weekend if it all works out.

Tom

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

SNAPPY829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to thr forum, if you havnt heard there is a big gathering in Sept in Lisle called Fierorama great opportunity to see mods, installations and talk to the owners/builders of these excellent fieros.... Im up north near fiero thomas and hopefully my 86 se will be hitting the road for the first time in at least 4 yrs this summer ..... if you need help let me know.
PFF
System Bot
Rck152

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rck152Send a Private Message to Rck152Direct Link to This Post
welcome to the addiction. and above all have fun with your new toy

Any pics?

------------------
Robb.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's A Pontiac thing What else Can I say??????
1985 Fiero GT
1998 Sunfire Turbocharged
1996 Grand Prix

Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post
So, this may be a long shot, but, are you the same person that posted pics of the new black Fiero on b15sentra?

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT Auto (fun car)
'03 Sentra SE-R Spec V (Daily driver)

kazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kazooSend a Private Message to kazooDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this place is great. Thanks for all the offers of help. I might have to take you up on that guys. The one problem I am having now is with the 5 speed. I have a hard time shifting it into gear. I found the 5 speed manual in pdf format so I need to read up on it but if someone has the expertise of adjusting the linkages I could use some help or advise with that. I just received the short shifter from the Fiero store so I will need to put that in first. Right now I really cant shift into 5 gear when doing above 60 mph and 1st gear is a pain to get into also.
OK now I have to ask. What is the running joke about the notch back Fieros. Just wondering from the above posts. I love the way it looks.
I will get pictures of it soon and no I have not posted pictures of it anywhere yet, so its not me.
Thanks guys,
John
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post
It's kinda like how way back when you could get a coupe mustang and a fastback mustang. A lot of people view the fastback Fiero's as "more desirable", so the notchies can end up being step children at times. My first Fiero was a notch back (which I didn't mind), but it had the bumper pad style bumpers found on the base 84/85 models... which can look good, but mine was a really faded white.

I've been on several car forums and Pennock's seems to be one of the friendlier ones; and since the cars have been around fora while it is highly unlikely you will run into a problem that someone hasn't had before.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT Auto (fun car)
'03 Sentra SE-R Spec V (Daily driver)

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kazoo:

I think I might have a problem.

Lol the 1st step to knowing you have a fiero problem is by admitting it. Im 3 years into it and already own 3 fieros.

------------------

kazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kazooSend a Private Message to kazooDirect Link to This Post
OK it took a while but here is a picture. Now it needs a little work but once I am done it should look good.
kazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kazooSend a Private Message to kazooDirect Link to This Post

kazoo

80 posts
Member since May 2010
Now here is the first thing I did trying to fix my hard shifting. The bracket was a little rusty so shot it. New bushings and a short shifter.
Found out its the slave cylinder letting air in. Ordered one so now waiting for it to arrive.

[This message has been edited by kazoo (edited 05-27-2010).]

The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
Wow. nice looking car. I love the black on black rims.
Welcome to the forum
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
It's nice having another member added to our ever growing family. It's awesome how we continue to preserve the respect and history of these little cars. And WELCOME to the sickness!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock