Now, WHAT IS IT..???? by SMTHGT
Started on: 05-10-2010 07:52 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: SMTHGT on 05-16-2010 10:25 AM
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
I was a member from back in 1999~2000.... I was away for almost 5 years. I came back this last March and have notice how this forum has changed. Its like seeing your best friend from high school 10 years later and he/she seems like they have a different personality.... Anyone see where I am going..?? I have noticed there are members here that 8~9 years ago would post several tomes a day, do build threads, or just BS around.... They are seen rarely here since I have been back... For example: Theres a member that had THE GT that EVERYONE wanted or tried to pull off some of the same mods he did. I never see him mentioned as an EXAMPLE of a great Fiero anymore... Who am I talking about..?? "SkiTime" That got me to thinking... Why the personality change..?? Maybe if I do this thread, it might give me an answer... Whats the average age of Fiero owners now..?? SOOoo, How old are you..?? I am 29.... Well, plus 11 yes, I am 40..?? YOU..???

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
I don't know, I have joined the forum recently and i love it, everyone is friendly etc. I have heard of a '' few '' who aren't so nice but have never seen them. I have admitly asked some simple ifnot obvious questions and never been set a fire. ( ha ha )

I'm 20 almost 21 and it seems great. 11 years can be a long time, those people may have died, moved on, familys?
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
It might be a case of "out with the old and in with the new". Maybe the old guys can't type as fast anymore, so they don't bother to login. Just kidding....seriously....just kidding. ( I'm 38 )

There are a lot of young members now and I see it as a good thing. The younger generation is taking to this car and showing some interest in it, so the Fiero is stayin' alive.

I would've joined a long time ago, but I didn't get a Fiero til late '07. I then started surffin' the web and found PFF in '08.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Change is inevitable...

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Theres an example right there... Falcon just posted, but whens the last time he posted..?? I know change is going to happen... thats humanity. I love the change... So, so many 'smooth' Fieros now. REMEMBER when I had trouble defending myself for doing the shaved Widebody GT..?? I am just curious "WHY" The... ummm old members for lack of better words why dont they post..?? Hell.... Wheres FIEROLISA..?? Please post your age.. have fun here... just curious...
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

I was a member from back in 1999~2000.... I was away for almost 5 years. I came back this last March and have notice how this forum has changed....

We have all grown up with each other over the years. Take a look at the main page, https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/main.cgi We've lost a few members, the example with Tyler Shipman was a shock to all of us.

As you will see / read the forum joined forces together to give Tyler his last wish. Everyone that provided parts, help, or donations were very proud to take part. We lost Tyler February 14th 2010.

Skitime, Archie, and others that you remember are still here, life has gone on for some, other interests have come and gone for most most of us. Most come back to visit now & then.

I feel we are a close group of people, most of us are older & wiser. Many new people have joined over the years. Most have remarked that there is less BS fighting going on in this forum than other forums.

Since you were gone, we had the 20th & 25th Fiero Anniversary shows. Some things have changed, some stay the same. Our pride in the Fiero lives on.

------------------

Click here for more photos of 87 or photos of 88

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 05-10-2010).]

Felix The Cat

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Felix The CatSend a Private Message to Felix The CatDirect Link to This Post
Fairly new here and have had nothing but a great experience, tons of help and been able to find the parts I need. I know the car(skitime) you are talking about and it is gorgeous, I am 35.

Mike
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
I think (my opinion, and it could be wrong) the case with Skitime was that he was the king of the hill that some people always think needs to be brought down, so they gave him grief. No, I don't have examples, but my recollection is that he just didn't need that kind of attitude and stopped coming around so much. His car is even nicer in person than on the net (no surprise).

People come & go, just naturally. But it's also other forces that make these changes... Hurricane Katrina, gas prices, the economy in general, all kinds of stuff. And the fewer numbers of Fieros as time marches on.

Oh yeah... edit... I'm 53 (next Monday).

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 05-10-2010).]

Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
never heard of Skietime's car
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

GASP!!!!!!!!

One of the classic's. He was always doing cool stuff to it.

Oh, and I've been here 9 years now, still going strong. May not post every day but I read it pretty much every day. Without giving away exact age, let's just say between 55 and 57

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000073.html
There's 15 pages, have fun!
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here.

Up until about a week ago, I was annoying the hell out of most everybody in Tech, regarding my 4.9 / Allante swap that I can't get the part throttle ping out of.
I finally put it aside for a bit (put a cover over it, and parked it in the corner) while I do a few other things.
Will probably get back on it this week.
Or not.

Good to see you back!
What's shakin'? (I know you said "4.9" but that's a pretty broad spectrum.)

Take care.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe -soon to be something other than red

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-10-2010).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

It it only the most beautiful fiero i have ever laied my eyes upon And thats a lot comming from me because i love my 87. He lives somewhat close to me and i have had the honer to see the car in person. He dosent seem to be to into the fiero scene as strongley as he used to but you know what they say its loneley at the top.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-10-2010).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I've been here almost 3 years now. And the only thing I've noticed is in the past year or so we've had an exponential amount of trolls come and go. But there are a few people who have dropped off the face of the Earth even in my short time here. Ah well, tastes change right?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
He dosent seem to be to into the fiero scene as strongley as he used to...

He sold at least one Fiero. (A white 88 GT, I think?)
Last I heard his red 3800SC 88 GT T-top was for sale too, for the right price.
He certainly wasn't going to give it away, however. I know that *I* surely wouldn't.
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
I've been here awhile but I've never been a big poster. I've gained tons of knowledge and made many friends over the years. I don't think it's changed that much....sure allot of the names and cars have changed but the forum is the best place to talk Fieros. I'm 57
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Well I just turned 43 and I'm a recent member. I guess I've been on here about 3 months now. I'm a terrible poster. I have been working on my car most every day doing something. Haven't even got to drive it yet but, lovin every minute playing with it. Its been something one of my sons has taken an interest in as welll so who knows maybe in another year he'll be a memeber too. Some day soon I'll start posting some of the pics of my progress. Almost have the interior back together. Sure is a big change from where I started for sure!! Must say everyone who has responded to my sometimes silly questions has been real nice.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys... you know this thread started as mw wondering about ages... I understand the grief you mention about Skitime, because I gave him my share. He has my respecct and all ways have, but O looked at him as the 'opposition' to a degree...lol Skitime was just an example... Thanks you older toots for posting..
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevDirect Link to This Post
Well im mostly on the fourm for more knowledge about how to restore my fiero. seeing as i have another year till I can get my licence (just turned 15) I thought id tune in and get a head start on my friends. I dont post much but when i do i am usually asking how to do somthing, or commenting on a good job! This fourm has given me so many ideas and has inspired me to try everything myself!

Edit for young spelling mistakes

[This message has been edited by FieroDev (edited 05-10-2010).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
still here, still posting, but not like I did 6-7 years ago. I learned a lot, and posted more when I was trying to learn. Now I don't have as many questions. And I only input when I have something to say, not like I did years ago.

44, and driving Fieros since 89.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, 1996 3.4 DOHC and a GT clip

vinny

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyDirect Link to This Post
39 in June. I don't post very much anymore. I guess I don't fit in the "click" or however the hell you spell it. Mostly use it for refrence. Scared to say too much I don't have a ratings bar yet! I still could get band.

Vinny

------------------
88GT (permanently under the knife)
80 Trans am (also under the knife)
02 Trans am (sometimes under the knife)

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Lol this forum has become a part of me.. It has become a part of my fiero's Without it i would have quit at my first 86 when it broke doen. Now i have 3 fieros. ohh and im 22

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-10-2010).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Theres an example right there... Falcon just posted, but whens the last time he posted..??

I have not had a Fiero since 04, but I cannot seem to leave. I even had a chance recently to buy back my old Fiero, but I didn't have the room, due to a new Solstice.

What ever happened to your SMOOOOOOOOOOTH GT anyway? Is it still yours?? Why did you leave for so long??

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Hell, things have even changed since 2005 when I registered. I disappeared for about 3 years from here and noticed the same. Before I left, 4.9's were all the rage and the tech section was filled with info on them. There seemed to be alot of names associated with that trend that disappeard as well. Only 21 now, but been here since I started driving.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad things have changed for the better (Fiero-wise). In 2003, 13" steelie rims were the craze and now we're sporting 13" rotors. IMO, as a car group-- we were long over due--seriously.

However, our grammatical skills are in need of improvement. I don't know what's worse, a doctors' poor penmanship or those here on Pennock's? Don't get me wrong for I'm not one to talk for I have gone back and corrected a few postings.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
Smooth remember our dreams of getting our cars done and camping @ the 20th? lol It's been a long while. I visit periodically I was hit by a drunk driver about a month after I got my Fiero back on the road. =(

Nonetheless still pop in to give my 2 cents worth.

------------------

When you are driving a Fiero everything else is just a BLURRRRRR!

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Five years and counting for me...and it took that long for my ratings bar to show up. I'll bet half of the people on this forum barely remember my postings because of my username. Heh, oh well. If I recall correctly, stimpy (way previous to WhiteDevil88) actually suggested I re-register with something more, oh I don't know, unique when I first posted pictures of my '86. I should have taken his advice. Too far gone, now.

Heh, I found my first thread. Lots of big names in there...

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 05-11-2010).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
I've been reading Pennock's for years, since I got my first Fiero when I was 16. I only joined after I got my current one. I'm now 25.

Some of the unicorn cars from when I started reading are still around though, if I'm not mistaken DL10 has the GBCT... that car was my wallpaper for years.
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Direct Link to This Post
I'm pretty much a new to the whole "Fiero Life Style." Last year I laid my eyes on the 88GT that I now own. Since I've had it I've only put maybe 3000 miles on it, putting it near 41500 miles. Bought it when I was 24 now I'm 25YOA. And I can't wait to buy my next Fiero.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone... first off, FALCON... "SmoooothGT" actually got crushed... without my knowledge until it was too late. I was away after my mom died, kinda went into a tailspin. ALL is great now, married w/ 5 kids~4 grandkids... ARIZONA... yes I remember the camping dreams... Sorry to hear about yoyr Fiero... and hope you were not hurt... I am not saying I dont like yhe change, actually, MADCURL, you are right.. we needed it... actually, things changed after you joined because you raised the bar so high... What happened to "MUDDY" & "STIMPY"... Why they get the boot..??

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 05-11-2010).]

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I probably posted more when I had a running Fiero, but I still read it almost every day.
What`s funny is I don`t think people realize just how much they enjoy it until it goes down.
I remember not so long ago it was down for a day or so and a lot of people went into withdrawal.
Mike
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
there comes a point when you are basicly "done" with your Fiero.
Its got a strong motor, fresh paint, interior & sound.
not much to post about after that, is there?

but, yes - I have noticed a change as well. one major difference is fewer "events" & get togethers. but, I expect as the Fiero population dwindles, this is just how it is going to be.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I' m still new here but I can say that we have a great bunch of people here. Tons and tons of knowledge on each thread. You being a part of this forums creators I take the time to thank you, and all the forum elders. I will be 48 thursday and have had a fiero since 1990 never got around to this forum till 2008 Would of saved me lots of PIA solving problems ..... anyway I am here now also trying to do my part ..... thanks to you

Danyel

------------------

http://www.blackwidowfiero.com

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
I had a conversation about this recently with another memeber. Here's my theory:

There is a typical "life cycle" to most enthusiast groups on the internet...

PHASE 1 - New to the hobby. The member joins the forum, reads everything that they can get their hands on, letting their enthusiasm and interest guide them. User posts very little. This is also the casually interested individual who is just dabbling in the hobby.

PHASE 2 - Young User. User starts making posts asking for specific information. Posts are often answered with helpful information, drawing the user deeper into the forum community. Question and answer threads are born as the Young User works to build his/her knowledge.

PHASE 3 - Experienced User. After having so many questions answered, and from reading and applying so much of what they absorbed from the group, the user is now equipped to answer the questions of Phase 1 and Phase 2 users. The experienced user generally enjoys that role, and also enjoys "BS" posting that just talks about the cars and the hobby in a non-technical way. Many users are content to remain in this phase and generally comprise the heart and soul of a forum.

PHASE 4 - Jaded User. This is an experienced user who has grown weary of answering the same question a dozen times. The user still posts occasionally, but no longer takes such an active role in the day to day antics of the forum. It may coincide with getting the car to the point where he/she is satisfied with it, or has run out of motivation to improve on it. Some jaded users may return to phase 3 as they fall back in love with the hobby (new car, new mod, etc.)

PHASE 4B - Critcal User. These users get to the point where they still read new posts, but only so they can criticize others for not having searched out the forums for topics that may have already been discussed. They dont read the content of new posts as much as they critique them for things not related to the subject matter that the forum is based on. Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling, repetition, etc. (This is different from an experienced user taking the time to answer a question but pointing out that it's easier to do so when those things are minded - the entire reply of the critical user becomes concerned only with the spelling/grammar, etc., and doesn't add to the forum in any way.) These users like to make posts that consist solely of things like "Use the search button."

The danger of the critical user is that when they unload on a new user or a young user, it changes the experience for that individual. It makes it so that they feel belittled for not having successfully searched for something, it makes them feel foolish for having addressed a topic that was already brought up, and it discounts the one thing that keeps people coming back to a forum like this - It's fun to TALK about our hobby, not only ready about it. Show me a group of old guys having coffee in a McDonalds that hasn't realized that it's ok to talk about the same thing twice, because it's fun just to talk.

PHASE 5 - Retired Users - One chooses simply abandon the forum. Lack of a car, lack of interest, etc means they just aren't motivated to participate any more. This phase can also be reached directly from any level when the forum doesn't meet a user's needs or desires.

So as people come and go through the various phases, the personality of the forum changes.

Egads, I should have done a paper on this for school. Sorry for the book - it wasn't nearly so long in my head.

Cheers,
Rich

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
WoW.... who is next..??
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
<------Stuck somewhere between Phases 2 and 3. Doubt I'll ever get past this point. Approaching my 28th birthday, the second time around.

Originally posted by sabooo:

PHASE 2 - Young User. User starts making posts asking for specific information. Posts are often answered with helpful information, drawing the user deeper into the forum community. Question and answer threads are born as the Young User works to build his/her knowledge.

PHASE 3 - Experienced User. After having so many questions answered, and from reading and applying so much of what they absorbed from the group, the user is now equipped to answer the questions of Phase 1 and Phase 2 users. The experienced user generally enjoys that role, and also enjoys "BS" posting that just talks about the cars and the hobby in a non-technical way. Many users are content to remain in this phase and generally comprise the heart and soul of a forum.

Rich

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Ok, thanks BLACKRAMS.... I would like to hear someones opinion on this.... CLIFF..?? Please respond...
DrRodey

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
I've turned into more of a perpetual lurker more than anything. Still trying to find the time/money to tear back into the convertible to get her back on the road, but hopefully this summer I'll at least get started on ripping her all apart and getting everything tidied up a bit. i've never really left but have probably only posted maybe 15-20 times in the last 7-8 years. 30btw
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
That list sabooo posted is so true. I've seen it occur on just about every forum I've belonged to for some time. Unfortunately I think there comes a time when the phase 3'ers start to bump heads and turn some people away.
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:

I had a conversation about this recently with another memeber. Here's my theory:

There is a typical "life cycle" to most enthusiast groups on the internet...

Well said, sabooo. You beat me to the punch on this one. Smooooth, I've been around here for a while....I was here the first time you were here. A lot of the "old timers" are still here....they're just lurking now. I don't post nearly as much as I used to. Stimpy is still here....just under a different username, and he doesn't post as much, either. I don't remember "muddy"....as for FieroLisa, she sold her Fiero several years ago, moved (I think to California) and got more involved with horses....rogergarrison could probably give you more information about her. The guy that bought her old GT was on here for a while, but I don't recall seeing him post for a while now, either. Oh, and as for age....I'm 53 for a couple of months yet.

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 05-12-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock