Started on: 05-06-2010 09:12 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Fiero Thomas on 05-07-2010 06:37 PM
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I want to put coilovers on all four corners and WCF has them and they are nice but has anybody tried these out as of yet? They are more affordable

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
looks shady
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Ya I started to read there feedback and started to think the same thing.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
The Ebay sets will work fine however the sleeves are short. I bought a set of Eibach coilovers with the shorter sleeves. I had to buy longer ones because with the ones in your picture, the spring seats in the perch just fine....as long as the car is on the ground. If you hit a larger bump that extends the strut all the way, the spring is about 3" too short and will fall sideways. With a longer sleeve, you will be fine with that set but I would make sure they sell you at least 6" sleeves or larger.
aqua-man

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aqua-manSend a Private Message to aqua-manDirect Link to This Post
Never purchased from this seller but I built my own coil-overs with a thread from PFF. My rear used 300 lb springs with my 4.9.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT now a 4.9,Getrag 5 speed, Mr Mike's, 18" 225's on front 18" 265's on rear, KYB's, Front & Sway Bars

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" Gen Patton

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
This is what I mean. I made the black spacers at the bottom of the sleeve. With the strut out of the car, the spring fits fine. If I remove the spacer, the spring falls to the side at full extension out of the car. I ended up just getting 12" springs from a race company.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't trust that ad, mostly because of the years they work for: 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, annnnnnnd 89?? I'm sorry but if the business really wants to make a sale, please just get simple things like that right.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
If you look at the other items they sell in their store, they list the exact same part, with every other car in existence. Will not work.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
hahaha, I've email them a bunch, asking what the lb ratings are, what type of springs (progressive, etc), and haven't heard back.
I wasn't looking to buy them, just find out if these guys are for real. oh well.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Looks like WCF is going to get my buss.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay