Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  More police- fiero profiling.... its the green ones turn (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
More police- fiero profiling.... its the green ones turn by pontiackid86
Started on: 04-03-2010 02:39 AM
Replies: 43
Last post by: PerKr on 08-30-2010 04:57 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Well tonight me and a few of my friends decided to go out and have a good time tonight, I was out in my green fiero. Well as the night was comming to an end we were going to drop my buddys girlfriend off. Now she has a very small driveway and me and this other dude who was driving had to park accorss the street at the CVS. So were there for not even 3 min and getting ready to leave when a cop rolls up. So i throw the car back into gear and park it turn the interior lights on and hands on the steering wheel. The officer comes up to my car and

o=officer
m=me
(o) Sir what are you doing here in the parking lot with your lights off?
(m) Im waiting here while friend is dropping his girlfriend off.
(o) Ohh really well can I see some ID.
(m) (I forgot my ID in my other pair of pants so I handed my ins and reg)
(o) So whos car is this sir its way to nice to belong to some punk kid like you

Now at that comment i got a little pissed
(m) Officer i think your way out of line making that comment towards me. I do own this car and this isant even my nice one. both of mine I bought and built with my own money and are both titled in my name.

(o) Well sir im here because we have had a lot of brake in's at this CVS and your car looks very suspisious.

(m) Officer in all seriousness how the hell does a bright green car with a white stripe look shady and on top of all this if i was going to rob the CVS do you really think Im dumb enough to park my car in the parking lot of it?

(o) Ok sir is there anything in the car I should know about wepons drugs?
(m) Again officer if I were into that kind of stuff do you really think I would be dumb enough to transport it in a bright green car with a white stripe going down it?
(o) well would you consent to a search? I can get a warrent if you dont.
(m) what probable cause do you have to search my property? Than I open my center console and show him that even the bin inside it has been removed and lean back so he can search look around the whole interior. than i asked even better do you even see a place i could hide somthing in here

by this time theres about 4 more cops that pulled in and this officer has had it up to his chin with me but I felt I was in the right so I defended myself verbaly. He than takes my paperwork and goes over to my friends car and askes them questions. My other friends Girlfriends sister was out with us and was only 16 and on spring break so she was out past curfu, and this cop was trying to get her for that, I looked out my passenger window and said officer my friend in that car is 21 so she is out under adult supervision. Him looking even more pissed goes back to his car and runs all of our paperwork. He than comes back out and gives my buddy back his paperwork and comes back to me and throws mine in my window. and he says next timne you should be more respectful towards persons in authority. I replyed back I was being very respectful towards you officer. I was just utlizing my rights and helping my friends do the same. He tells me to go the hell home. so I pulled off and went back to west chester with my friends.....

Thats all 3 of my fieros iv been profiled in

87= they thought i was a drug dealer
86#1= thief
86#2= car burgler
All no fines
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Lucky bugger...

In all seriousness, you shouldf start carrying a audio recorder with you. Turn it on and state the officer's name and badge number aloud before he starts "asking questions."

I guess I'm lucky - haven't been stopped by any police since I bought my car last July. (knocks on wood)
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
His comments were way out of line and unless you were doing something that would have provoked his suspicion all he should have done was run your info and then make sure you left. Rofl, he can get a warrant in the middle of the night for a bs traffic stop for a search in which he has no immediate cause to do so other then his opinion. The judge would have his ass for waking him up for something so stupid.
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
I'd report it as a complaint. He was out of line, although didn't do anything "wrong."

I've had all sorts of encounters such as you posted, they all start innocently enough and with proper respect, some are cool, some are asses. I had one cop threaten me with jail for speeding 10mph over because I was "out of state and might flee if not arrested on the spot." Yeah, whatever, my bride was in the passenger seat and we'd just gotten married. ******* .

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 04-03-2010).]

Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rainman:

I'd report it as a complaint. He was out of line, although didn't do anything "wrong."

I've had all sorts of encounters such as you posted, they all start innocently enough and with proper respect, some are cool, some are asses. I had one cop threaten me with jail for speeding 10mph over because I was "out of state and might flee if not arrested on the spot." Yeah, whatever, my bride was in the passenger seat and we'd just gotten married. ******* .

DITTO!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Being on private property after hours with (I forgot my ID in my other pair of pants so I handed my ins and reg) would get you more than just go home in Florida.
If the officer acted like you said then why didn't he push the no ID? You can not legally drive a car in Florida without a valid drivers license, if he let you drive home with out giving you a situation and making you come in the next day and show a drivers license then he did give you a break.
Perhaps he wasn't interested in traffic violations and was just irritated that he didn't catch the thief he was after and you ruined his stakeout, could he have just been trying to provoke you to see if you were there for more than just sitting waiting on friends?
If he had cornered a thief I'm sure they would have given a similar story and its the cops job to make sure its a true story. Its a shame he used the tactics he did but what are you out? A couple of minutes of your time and if the 16 year old was out after curfew then she was in the wrong correct?

If you owned the CVS store and the cops let someone break in over and over would you be pissed off about it if they let people use your parking lot without question after hours?
Its not Fiero profiling, its not young people profiling its suspicious vehicle profiling and he just handled it inappropriately.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Jake_Dragon

32848 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

His comments were way out of line and unless you were doing something that would have provoked his suspicion all he should have done was run your info and then make sure you left. Rofl, he can get a warrant in the middle of the night for a bs traffic stop for a search in which he has no immediate cause to do so other then his opinion. The judge would have his ass for waking him up for something so stupid.

I don't know, after hours in a parking lot of a store that has had repeated break-ins and he didn't have an ID. I think if pushed the cop would have got his search. Sounds like he was satisfied after talking with PKs friends and let him go.
nosaint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
never talk to the police...free country?

watch this its really good and worth the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV0g5B1blqk

[This message has been edited by nosaint (edited 04-03-2010).]

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
I'll admit the nice car and punk kid comment was a little out of line, but the officer was completely with in his rights to do and say the rest, how ever thats personal opinion and its not because I'm an older individual because I'm 19. I just think in that situation you were in and with you giving him some lip and him not knowing what to expect he wasn't so much in the wrong.

edit: he doesn't need a warrant to search once you deny the search its suspicious activity causing probable cause.

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 04-03-2010).]

Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
cops...hate em all. never met one good one yet and i don't think i ever will. if I were you i'd take that pig to court and sue him and the state.

One day he will pull this crap on the wrong guy and get his due desserts.

------------------

Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.

#12 NYFOC Member.

Official PFF-Wiki: pff-fiero.wetpaint.com

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
After my last run-in with the police, I will never say anything to them again besides "You can talk to my lawyer". I tried being nice and explaining everything exactly as it happened, and they still bent me over... I ended up spending thousands of $$ fighting made up felony charges. (The guy even put in the police report that I was "smirking" at him... Would you "smirk" at a guy with a gun next to your window? I sure as hell wouldn't...) If I'd kept my mouth shut, looked straight ahead and asked for a lawyer, sure he would have been pissed at the time, but it would have turned out a hell of a lot better for me. I used to go out of my way to help the police (my uncle was a great cop for 20+ years), no more... A couple years back I was 10 feet from a drive-by shooting, ducking behind my car to avoid any cross-fire. The police didn't even ask us anything after we called 911.. I went over and volunteered info on the guy and his car, the cop acted like I was bothering him and wasting his time...

To keep it Fiero related, I did have a cop pull me over about 5 years ago in my Fiero. (off duty desk-cop in his Chevy Malibu, my Fiero was at least 3 colors) He "let me go" because "I was a kid with a piece of sh*t car when I was young too"... Think he had pulled me over for following too closely, I was behind a lady doing 15 in a 35... He actually checked my VIN #'s to see if they matched too..
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

(m) (I forgot my ID in my other pair of pants so I handed my ins and reg)

Dude, you better go to prayer this Sunday. Normally they wouldn't allow to drive away without a drivers license. However, being that your were parked- he could've made you walk home or call someone with a drivers license and drive you home (easier by calling your parents and have them bring your pants with the D.L.).

On the other hand-

(o) So whose car is this sir? It's way to nice to belong to some punk kid like you.

Wow! He paid you a compliment and in same breath- called you a punk without funds to drive a nice. Was the officer judgmental? Yes. Was the officer witty/clever? Yes, but intelligent? No.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
If it is any consolation and I am sure it isn't, Three years ago, I was harrassed by a police officer when he pulled me over for speeding. I was speeding, I admit it and I complied with everything he asked. My house is in the middle of an upscale area and I was dressed in grubbies to go repair some water damage at my daughter's house. After the cop ran my registration and license, he returned to question me very nastily. He repeated every answer I gave him with a very suspicious tone. Example: "Where do you work?"

"I am retired."

"You're retired? What do you mean, retired?"

"I think the term 'retired' is self explanatory. I don't how else to explain it. I worked for 50 years and now I am retired."

"Where do you live?"

"4135 Walker Road. My address is on my driver's license."

"YOU live on Walker Road? YOU?"

This continued for about five minutes and I finally told him to either charge me with something, let me call my attorney or let me go. He went back to his car and sat there glaring at me for about 15 minutes, came back and wrote me up for speeding. He asked, "When is the last time you got a moving violation?"

"Late 1968 after I got out of the hospital when I came back from Vietnam"

"Oh, you're one of those Vietnam heroes, eh?"

I didn't bother to answer and held out my hand for my license and registration. He said, "Well?"

"I don't have anything else to say to you. My service isn't relevant to the issue at hand which is my speeding. May I leave now?"

He walked away and muttered something under his breath. The only reason I can see that he harrassed me is because I was driving my old beater 1978 Chevy pickup. His name is Gillespie and he has had several complaints about his treatment of people during traffic stops.

My Dad was a cop as were my two uncles and I respect the law and most enforcers of it. Incidentally, Gillespie was still out looking for speeders when I returned two hours later and I waved at him just to pi$$ him off and he just glared at me.

I will probably avoid that road in my Fiero because he is a regular out there. The millionaires are tired of we poor folks driving through their area.
Black Lotus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black LotusSend a Private Message to Black LotusDirect Link to This Post
I notice you didn't suck up to him and call him "Sir".
Good for you!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
but you really need to refresh your knowledge of your rights. your id shouldn't have been asked for in the first place. At the moment he asked you for your id you had every right to ask for his to be in your hand so you could efficiently report a law being broken. If you'd been jamming the radio it would have been different (aka disturbing the peace. I had a similar situation, but I showed I knew my rights (respectfully) and he was cool with that. He then asked if I was breaking any laws. I looked at him and told him I could say NO or plead the 5th which ever he liked. It started as I had pulled into a parking lot to stretch to wake up a bit. He told me it appeared I may have been trying to break into the car. I had my keys on the roof and showed him they operated the locks. He was cool and struck up a civil conversation. After a couple minutes of general conversation about the car engine size, agility, acceleration, and engine swaps... he continued on his way. He never saw my id and only knew my first name. Of course a License plate check would get that but he pulled up in the front and I don't have one there.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
Cops freakin suck.. They are REALLY bad in my town.. Few years ago the entire Northport police dept got investigated by internal affairs cause there was a group of traffic cops who always patrol around my old highschool.. They would pull over teenagers and them bust them for pot.. Even if they had no pot on them, they would magically find it.. At least 5 cops where fired, dont remember what happend to the rest.. But shortly after that the whole dept was cleaned out, even tore down the old station and built a new one.

They are also Hippocrates.. When i was in highschool, i was a bit of a pot smoker.. Well one day i was over at a friends house and we where all hangin out, passing the bong around, enjoying our weekend.. When his mom, and new boyfriend came over.. Well my friends mom and her boyfriend sat down to join in on the pot smoking.. The boyfriend sat next too me, and i passed the bong over to him.. As he started to take a hit from it, i asked him what he did for a living.. "Why im a Northport Police Officer". he said with a big smile.. I got up and got the hell outta there.. Sorry, but no way am i hangin out and smokin up with a cop.. Later that year he busted 2 of my friends for pot when he pulled them over one night.. They spent the night in jail, paid large fines, and had to go to drug classes for 6 weeks.. Now im not saying they didnt do anything wrong.. They obviously did wrong. But still, i mean cmon! Hes gonna smoke pot with underage kids, then later arrest the same kids for pot when he pulls them over.. Thats BS!..

Also when i was 14 and was still living in New York, i watch 2 cops nearly beat my mother too death in my front yard.. I was having a birthday party, and more people than i invited showed up (naturally.) but we werent real loud or anything, but the cops showed up.. They asked my mom if there was any alcohol inside, and she said no.. then they asked if they could search the house, and she said no, not without a warrent.. Well they decided that was enough too arrest her, and when they tried to cuff her, she turned around and asked for the officers name and badge number, and he threw her to the ground, maced her 6 times, broke her arm, and gave her a concussion.

Long story short, found out later (during the trial cause we sued the cops, and the depts ass off) that the cops had been watching my family.. My Uncle was chief of police, and a year before he had gotten a bunch of cops fired cause they where caught stealing money and drugs.. Apparently the 2 cops who beat my mother where two of the cops that where investigated, but never charged with anything cause of no evidence.. I guess they decided to try to send a message to my uncle by watching his family, and nearly beating his sister to death..

The end result was two cops fired, with jail time, and we moved too Alabama, and got a new house and a few cars for us after we sued there asses off..

So ill never trust a cop... EVER!

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 04-03-2010).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i personly donot like being bothered by the police but on the other hand i would not want to do there job for a living. when i was younger drinking in the shop rite parking lot nobody bothered us.times are differant today.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

but you really need to refresh your knowledge of your rights.

not trying to start anything but I'm pretty sure you don't have the right to be on private property unless invited. If the store was closed then no one had any rights to be on the property.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 04-03-2010).]

JLCustomizing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JLCustomizingSend a Private Message to JLCustomizingDirect Link to This Post
When i pulled people over the more they mouthed off the longer they would sit there and the worse it would get. I always loved when people tried bribes, the stupid things they'd say.

------------------
2.8se .40 bored over, Mecham Side Scoops, KYB Suspension

Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTDirect Link to This Post
I never get pulled over in my Fiero.. Now my 1990 Honda Accord thats a different story. I have been pulled over 3 times this year 2010.. None of them resulting in a ticket. The first time was the Wednesday after the Super Bowl on my way home from bowling for No License Plate Lights. I was traveling west bound on a local road stopped at the 4 way stop sign, and the cop was facing southbound on the street I was making a right onto to head northbound.. The Copper was just sitting there I am assuming to catch people running the stop sign.. I turn the corner and he looked right at me and made a u turn and followed me 2 blocks and when I was turning into my neighborhood he pulled me over. He came to my window and instantly said License, registration, and proof of insurance. I replied with office why am I being pulled over. He said license, registration, and proof of insurance. So I handed it to him and he walked back to his car. He returned 10 minutes later handed me my stuff and said have a good night Mr. Whitney, I said Officer why did you pull me over. He replied with "Oh Your license plates lights are out." I was fuming.. So I ran home pulled into my driveway jumped out to look at my license plate lights THEY WERE ILLUMINATED! I was pissed, I turned my car off and went inside to tell my wife about what had just happened.. (FORGETTING MY BOWLING EQUIPMENT IN MY TRUNK) Next morning go out to go to work trunk is popped and my softball and bowling equipment were gone.. Roughly $1200.00 in sporting equipment. The other 2 times I was pulled over this year were because my car matched the description of a vehicle involved in a burglarly. LOL
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
The only thing that worries me here is that we're only seeing one side of the story and unless it was transcribed at the time, it could be skewed one way or the other. From the descriptions of the goings on, the cop was just doing his job - although the punk comment was a bit rough.

I've never been pulled up in my Fieros, ever. And I had my '84 when I was a punk kid. Been pulled over more times in my horrible soul destroying Daihatsu Sirion even. Go figure.
PFF
System Bot
aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Even though some of you say you hate cops, I'm sure you'd hate the world even more if there weren't any. Sure, they may be a few bad cops out there that are just trying to abuse their "power", but if the world didn't have cops, we'd all be f*****d.
It's that simple.
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
Wish you could record your encounters PKkid
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
as i said before the cop had every right to preform the actions in witch he did your comments were "smug" and far to short the store had been broken into you didn't have your I.D., and if you consented to the search and he found nothing you have nothing to complain about other than being out in the cold for 3 minutes while he looked. you all take cops for granted and hate them all for the stupid actions of some.... not all cops are assholes just like not all car lovers are road racing losers. get over it. there are bad people in every job and the only reason you hate on cops more is because they stopped YOU and not someone else thats not just to PK thats to all of you people complaining with the exemption of one.
Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
If only the "bad" ones were the exception, instead of the rule........ Used to be the other way around. It's just like anything in life, you only hear about the bad stuff - nobody goes around telling people how great an experience they had with some store's customer service.. But if something goes wrong, the whole world knows. We definitely need cops these days, no doubt. I for one am going to install recording cameras on my cars from now on though.
FieroFury33

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFury33Send a Private Message to FieroFury33Direct Link to This Post
Woulda made a great internet pic. PK kid pulled over by the hawaii five oh
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

as i said before the cop had every right to preform the actions in witch he did your comments were "smug" and far to short the store had been broken into you didn't have your I.D., and if you consented to the search and he found nothing you have nothing to complain about other than being out in the cold for 3 minutes while he looked. you all take cops for granted and hate them all for the stupid actions of some.... not all cops are assholes just like not all car lovers are road racing losers. get over it. there are bad people in every job and the only reason you hate on cops more is because they stopped YOU and not someone else thats not just to PK thats to all of you people complaining with the exemption of one.

Very well said.

Bad cops are the exception. These guys are dealing with scum that want to fight, are on meth, drunk, rude, lying, idiots flinging aids infected blood on them. I know if I had a gun I would be in trouble dealing with this crap.

Most trouble happens 12 AM - 6 AM.

Many people out at these times are up to a lot of no good. Most do not carry ID and generally most are smart mouthed. A Cops job is to look for things that do not look right. If they are wrong no harm if they are right they may just save someone a lot of grief, pain or death.

No one likes to be pulled over. If you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to be afraid of. I was pulled over because they thought my car was the one that they were looking for that had a wanted felon in it. I gave my ID he told me what it was about said he was sorry and let me go on my way. I was not rude or a pain to this guy just trying to protect my neighbor hood. I could have made an issue out of this and made it worse for both of us. I was out 10 min of time and felt good they were looking to get some dirt bag off the street vs sitting around doing nothing.

I know many cops and even a FBI agent. These guys all would pull your sorry but out of a burning car to save your life and not think twice about their own safety. Some I know already have saved a life or two at the risk of their own safety. The FBI agent is in Afganistan right now trying to track down a terror suspect. His life is on the line just like our troops.

So this guy hurt your feelings. Just imagine if he saw your car parked in a dark parking lot some where with a smart mouth punk in it with no ID. This time the punk just punched the inginition. This time it was not you and he may have just saved your car. I bet you would not complain if he checked that one out.

Note that if you do have a bad cop being a pain is only going to make a bad thing even worse. You are just giving him an excuse to go dirty harry on you.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

not trying to start anything but I'm pretty sure you don't have the right to be on private property unless invited. If the store was closed then no one had any rights to be on the property.

it all depends here. You can be on it depending on thwe situation. we were right accorss the steet from his girlfriends house. every time we hangout there at night we park at this CVS.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

it all depends here. You can be on it depending on thwe situation. we were right accorss the steet from his girlfriends house. every time we hangout there at night we park at this CVS.

That is flawed logic, just because your friends gf lives across the street, your not automaticly allowed accses after hours. that is still private property, and there has been issues w/ break ins. you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, I'll admit some of his comments were out of line. With law enforcement, there is a fine line between knowing your rights and being pushy about it, I'm guessing that you were pushing it a bit, if I were you I'd be glad that he didn't sit there and wait for you to pull out of the lot and bust you for driving w/out a license, and have your car towed!!! When all is said and done, you got off easy.

Joe
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post
what struck me was this:
you have laws against being outdoors after a certain time of day? in a democracy? and you can't use your friends driveway even when given consent?

a lot of cops are just genuine assholes, as are a lot of other people in the justice system it seems (saw part of a pretty upsetting documentary on how the courts here judged in cases where kids had been beaten up by adults. basically the adults got away cheaper than they would if they had been speeding just a little... totally lost my respect for our courts)
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PerKr:

what struck me was this:
you have laws against being outdoors after a certain time of day? in a democracy? and you can't use your friends driveway even when given consent?

Yes there are laws for people that are under a certain age that prohibit them being out after hours. Its voted for and put in place, thats democracy.
He wasn't parked in his friends driveway he was parked in a business parking lot after hours. Unless it was a 24 hour CVS then he was technically trespassing and operating a motor vehicle without a license, but you are right it was all the cops fault and he was just being a dick and profiling PK.
PFF
System Bot
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrDirect Link to This Post

Yes there are laws for people that are under a certain age that prohibit them being out after hours. Its voted for and put in place, thats democracy.

if it's voted for, you're right, it's democracy. I'm just surprised about it, that's all
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Tresspassing laws varry by the local laws. Here in California you are allowed on private property with two exceptions:

1. If asked to leave, you must leave.
2. If there are legally posted no tresspassing signs, then you are not allowed on the property.

If neither of those two apply, then you can enter the property and stay as long as you like. That does not apply to building or structures of course. Also, there are exceptions for emergencies and law enforcement.

Some stores have posted signs that state no tresspassing after hours. Most stores do not. If the store does not have no tresspassing or loitering signs posted and there are no complaint made, then the police legally cannot charge you. That does not stop them from harassing, intimidating and lying to you. Always remember that the police can legally lie to you at any time for any reason.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I was pulled over because they thought my car was the one that they were looking for that had a wanted felon in it. I gave my ID he told me what it was about said he was sorry and let me go on my way. I was not rude or a pain to this guy just trying to protect my neighbor hood. I could have made an issue out of this and made it worse for both of us. I was out 10 min of time and felt good they were looking to get some dirt bag off the street vs sitting around doing nothing.

Right I've been pulled over because my truck fit the description of a vehicle that sideswiped a semi, Our car fit the description of a vehicle that was spinning it's tires. Etc. Etc.

All that is is a thinly veiled excuse to pull someone over. Sure there are times that the officers are actually looking for someone in a gold 81 Chevy Silverado that hit a semi and had zero dents, and both mirrors were still intact. But I really doubt they would have to look far from the scene of the accident.

So they pull you over, you obviously don't have a felon in the car with you, and I am betting that the last thing you looked like was that "convenient" felon. Yet he still needed to run your information. Sounds like a police state to me. The only reason to run your information is if he was trying to get you on something.

My bet? He lit you up, hoped you would run, then when he pulled you over he hoped he would spot something suspicious in the car, then when he talked to you he hoped you would say something that gave him a reason, then he ran your ID, searching for a problem.

If you really believed his line I have a bridge to sell you . . I have an issue with cops, so I am not the person to judge whether one is good or bad, the bad ones lie, the good ones stick up for the bad ones, making them bad too. I can at least admit when I have a problem, and try to avoid spending time with people I have a problem with, the bad cops on the other hand search out people they can't stand.

Brad
87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

but you really need to refresh your knowledge of your rights. your id shouldn't have been asked for in the first place. At the moment he asked you for your id you had every right to ask for his to be in your hand so you could efficiently report a law being broken.

I was suprised by your statement about asking for the ID. Are they not allowed to ask for the ID? What can they legally ask for?

Thanks.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87Fiero:

I was suprised by your statement about asking for the ID. Are they not allowed to ask for the ID? What can they legally ask for?

Thanks.

Well its against the law to drive a car without a drivers license so sitting in a car behind the wheel allows them to ask for it.
You do not have to show it but they can detain you until they figure out what they want to do with you. I would rather show my ID and go about my business instead of spending the night in a room downtown and having my car towed and searched anyway.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:My bet? He lit you up, hoped you would run, then when he pulled you over he hoped he would spot something suspicious in the car, then when he talked to you he hoped you would say something that gave him a reason, then he ran your ID, searching for a problem.

Sounds like an episode of COPS I saw the other night... or every episode of COPS I've seen...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Right I've been pulled over because my truck fit the description of a vehicle that sideswiped a semi, Our car fit the description of a vehicle that was spinning it's tires. Etc. Etc.

All that is is a thinly veiled excuse to pull someone over. Sure there are times that the officers are actually looking for someone in a gold 81 Chevy Silverado that hit a semi and had zero dents, and both mirrors were still intact. But I really doubt they would have to look far from the scene of the accident.

So they pull you over, you obviously don't have a felon in the car with you, and I am betting that the last thing you looked like was that "convenient" felon. Yet he still needed to run your information. Sounds like a police state to me. The only reason to run your information is if he was trying to get you on something.

My bet? He lit you up, hoped you would run, then when he pulled you over he hoped he would spot something suspicious in the car, then when he talked to you he hoped you would say something that gave him a reason, then he ran your ID, searching for a problem.

If you really believed his line I have a bridge to sell you . . I have an issue with cops, so I am not the person to judge whether one is good or bad, the bad ones lie, the good ones stick up for the bad ones, making them bad too. I can at least admit when I have a problem, and try to avoid spending time with people I have a problem with, the bad cops on the other hand search out people they can't stand.

Brad

You watch way too much TV my friend.

Sorry and No he did not even say "Make My Day!"

The first question is what does a felon look like? Do they all look like the guys in the movies or could they look like a gang banger or a old guy from the burbs? or all of them?

If you think this is a police state now shows you have no idea. Go to Mexico where the resorts are not. Go to Venezuela and write a nasty letter to Hugo. Go to the middle east and kiss a woman in public. Litter in Singapore, Go to Iran and oppose the goverment in public. Check out China and how they treat their people.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 04-05-2010).]

BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
ive been pulled over once in my fiero. was for no tail lights....they were on it was just late night in a small town cops thought i looked suspicious. but he was very courteous...
been pulled over in my dads mercedes diesel once too. that was for a taillight out....
i got out and looked and one of my four taillights were out but his right headlight was out.
but around my town in illinios everyone knows not to go out in sheridan on friday nights
the cops all have a drinking party at the jailhouse and then go out pulling people over... drunk...
everyone has call the court and the sheriff but they just dismiss it and say were lying.
they will let our tickett go if we go to court over it tho
Seanpaul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post
Yea...you know, i have owned fieros all my life and was treated like **** . In 2006 I got a GTO, and I have realized...I get away with so much in the 06 GTO than I could even comprehend in the Fiero.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock