Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I might be selling/junking my fiero =(...... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I might be selling/junking my fiero =(...... by faalvino
Started on: 02-12-2010 04:02 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: faalvino on 06-18-2010 06:57 PM
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by faalvino:

^^^^^^^^^^^
looks great!!!! and about the comment on my driving ability's I only really got to drive this car for about a day before this happened, no chance I'm that bad at stick (or am I????) lol

Anythings possible! At least now, I'm giving you a fresh clutch to start with! -Jason

IP: Logged
faalvino

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
mhmmmm so you opened the tranny? How was it?
SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Nice job jason, sometimes its hard to know where to stop when you get into something like this, well "i really should fix this, or that" while im in there. Obviously you have pride in your work!!
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by faalvino:

mhmmmm so you opened the tranny? How was it?

Nope, it will be a while for that...too much other things going on you'll be the second to find out. But I have a feeling with what we talked about earlier, is that the 5th gear syncro or blocker ring is missing....as there is alot of material on the floor of the mainshaft case when looking thru the fill hole.

Originally posted by SNAPPY829:

Nice job jason, sometimes its hard to know where to stop when you get into something like this, well "i really should fix this, or that" while im in there. Obviously you have pride in your work!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I do take alot of pride in my work, but, I don't brag I let my work speak for itself. You are right though, sometimes it is hard to stop...I look at any car I work on as my own and I expect the very best in repair. Even if it's not what It was brought in for, I just can't leave well enough alone it has to leave better than it came in. I believe it's a good business/friendship philosiphy (sp?). We take care of our own....

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 03-22-2010).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Little update...

As of now Frankie has his car, which I might add is better than new (ok, so it's real close).

After some minor setbacks on the repairs and the first scheduled pickup time (he was supposed to pick it up at Watkins Glen). His car now has 2 new calipers, new brake hoses, a Rodney slave cylinder, Rodneys adjustable banjo, I completly flushed brake system as well as the clutch system. I Replaced one parking brake cable and adjusted the parking brake to actually work. Filled the Trans with fresh Syncromesh, and installed new axle seals and I'll tell you, it shifts like a hot knife thru butter...which I may add is better than mine shifts. I also flushed the cooling system to get all the old stinky antifreeze out of it, re attatched his door molding, had a NYSI inspection done (it helps that I'm a certified inspector) and did so many other minor things I lost track.

I then drove his car for well over 350 miles to make sure there would be no issues of which, there were none . I really wanted to do more but, I ran out of money. All of the extra expenses (parts) were paid for out of pocket by me using what little extra Fiero money I had. But, in the end I was all worth it to listen to how excited he was that his car was running again!

It feels really satisfying to know that I was able to save another Fiero from an unknown future and that I rekindled the flame that was extinguished when Frankie started having these issues immediatly (5 hours or so) after he bought this car. -Jason

faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^
Yea jason, thanks a lot for it all. She runs amazing and I regained my confidence and comfortibility while driving it again, all went well. The only part that sucked was we did not get back till around 2pm because we had to pick up my brother.
-Frankie

P.S I'll post some pics of my car eventually =)

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5 speed
*NYFOC*

[This message has been edited by faalvino (edited 05-20-2010).]

katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
All I have to add to this is THANK GOD I LIVE SO CLOSE TO JASON AND TOM! btw, i happened to be there when Jay was working on your car. All of Jason's work is top notch that I have seen thus far. He has helped me out numerous times with my Fiero trouble shooting and installation tips. He is the closest thing I have have encountered to a breathing Fiero Service Manual and has helped me out with lots and lots of parts from his vast selection of parts he just couldn't bear to toss out. He has definitely saved me hundreds of dollars on my current build. Defining him as a perfectionist seems an understatement. When I decided to get into Fieros, my mechanical noobness was overpowered by my ambition but I have to say, I am not sure I would have remained as diligent without his help.

I know this thread is about Faalvino's car and Jason's work but if I might hijack this thread a bit further, I would like to add a little about Tom. What can I say, he happens to live about 4 miles from me and his help definitely got me through my first build. shoot, he even drove me 100 miles each way to go and pick up my car when buying it since my truck was having issues. He also helped me with a bunch of parts and so many tool loans. I can't count how many times I have needed part specific tools or guidance and he is always right down the road and more than willing to lend a hand. Such an easy going fella.

I have to say, I am one lucky bastard to have these guys so close to me. Everyone, give it up for Jason and Tom!!!

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 05-21-2010).]

Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Dave, I appreciate the kind words...

On a seperate note, I just got off the phone (last night) with Frankie diaganosing a no start condition... It seems Frankies fuel pump decided it had had enough and put in it's notice....Luckily (for Frankie) it died after he got home. He doesn't seem too discouraged by it after being able to drive it for a while. I believe he has gotten the bug hard and wants to fix it. I simply explained to him that stuff like this is part of the joy of owning a Fiero! Who knows, maybe I can fix the other little things that bothered me when it was here the first time! I'll keep this thread updated on the progress if anyone is interested. -Jason
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
hahaha yea, my fuel pump went on me but its w.e.....Like jason said I have already got the addiction so its only a matter of time till its fixed lol. The only thing that sucks is that it happend so soon after getting it back , if it was like 3 weeks from now it would have been a little easier lol
-Frankie
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
How much would you charge me to swap in another tranny in my 3spd auto Formula? =P
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the kind words...

What can I say, I gotta give credit where credit is due.

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 05-21-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

How much would you charge me to swap in another tranny in my 3spd auto Formula? =P

YIKES!! You a little over 300 miles away! I'd be willing to do it if you brought it to me! If your serious, maybe we could work something out. Getting the car here is the big thing. -Jason

cleppsfierogts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsDirect Link to This Post
This kind of story is no new thing for me with Jason. Of course I have not had as bad as luck as Frankie did with his fuel pump. Jason has helped me with diagnosing problems with my two Fieros and without him I probably would of at least sold or junked one of them. I don't usually trust many people working on my car but with Jason I make the exception. He is definitely one of the most helpful and dependable Fiero friends out there.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

All I have to add to this is THANK GOD I LIVE SO CLOSE TO JASON AND TOM! btw, i happened to be there when Jay was working on your car. All of Jason's work is top notch that I have seen thus far. He has helped me out numerous times with my Fiero trouble shooting and installation tips. He is the closest thing I have have encountered to a breathing Fiero Service Manual and has helped me out with lots and lots of parts from his vast selection of parts he just couldn't bear to toss out. He has definitely saved me hundreds of dollars on my current build. Defining him as a perfectionist seems an understatement. When I decided to get into Fieros, my mechanical noobness was overpowered by my ambition but I have to say, I am not sure I would have remained as diligent without his help.

I know this thread is about Faalvino's car and Jason's work but if I might hijack this thread a bit further, I would like to add a little about Tom. What can I say, he happens to live about 4 miles from me and his help definitely got me through my first build. shoot, he even drove me 100 miles each way to go and pick up my car when buying it since my truck was having issues. He also helped me with a bunch of parts and so many tool loans. I can't count how many times I have needed part specific tools or guidance and he is always right down the road and more than willing to lend a hand. Such an easy going fella.

I have to say, I am one lucky bastard to have these guys so close to me. Everyone, give it up for Jason and Tom!!!

Thanx dave !!!! and your welcome ...as for jason's work A1 in my book he is always there when i need him ...he is like my long lost brother (that never needs money..lol)...

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I have not been on in a while, been all over the place....

Umm as of now my car turns on every morning and runs then when i park it and come back to it like 4-6 hrs later after work it dosnt start. Then the next morning when I start it again it runs....its rather frustrating lol. So as of right now I have full plans of removing the filter and pump for a new set sometime when possible.
-Frankie
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

YIKES!! You a little over 300 miles away! I'd be willing to do it if you brought it to me! If your serious, maybe we could work something out. Getting the car here is the big thing. -Jason

Yeah. Before my dad wrecked his Silverado I would've said no problem. But since he's wrecked his Silverado.. It's a definite no-go until it's fixed. lol
faalvino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for faalvinoSend a Private Message to faalvinoDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys....Well i finally got the time off work to install a fuel pump ( Thanks to Timcha on the forum for giving me one) and my car is running great as of now
It feels great tot finally be driving it again.
-Frankie

P.S thanks again to jason for all the work he has helped me with my car.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 5 speed
*NYFOC*

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay