Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lets get the Ohio boys together!!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lets get the Ohio boys together!!! by Jason88Notchie
Started on: 02-10-2010 06:55 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: Tstang429 on 08-05-2010 12:19 AM
Jason88Notchie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Guys, I seen a thread about OK guys getting together. Gave me an idea. Lets do this here in OH! I live in Elyria OH, NE OH, Lorain County. Very Centralized. But I would be willing to travel elsewhere to others convienience. We got a Quaker Steak & Lube here and would be a great place to meet. Anyone want to get together to talk about Fieros here, drink some brewskies and chow on wings? I Im new here, but been around these cars all my life. My Dad bought the Fiero in 88 and it went back and forth between us till it was time for restore time a few years ago. I remember when I was 15 walking around the car thinking I will never let my dad sell this car to any one but me! I got the car and Im going to restore it to show room condition. It is aleady torn apart. But got a lot of work to do. (anyone want to help?.....lol) I got lots of stories when it comes to this car. To many on an initial post. Anyone interested?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Extend the invitation to Ohio, PA, NY, WVA and bring it up again when all this white s......tuff isn't on the ground. Might be a nice warm, Saturday afternoon thing to do.

------------------
1988 GT

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, Was thinking along similar lines. Quaker Steak has a car show every Sunday once it gets warm. Wonder if we can dove tail it on a holiday weekend? Would blow peoples mind to have all those Fieros crash the party!!!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Dude...where do you live in Elyria?? I live in North Ridgeville!! It your fiero that red coupe?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
No kidding!! Thats cool! Yeah I got a red coupe....well its a black space frame now. It used to be my daily drver before I bought my 01 Monte Pace car. Then the poor thing sat neglected.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Didn't you drive through the drive thru at steak n shake once and some tall guy talked to you about Fiero's? If so, that was me. I work there. I work there tonight actually.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 02-11-2010).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Probably not me. Been since 2002 that my car has been on the road. There is an 85 GT that drives around here. Actually lives on Fairwood Drive a few houses down from my girlfriend. I been meaning to strike a conversation with him as far as his plans for the car. My coupe will be restored to original considering how good condition it is. But I would love to pick up a car to mod.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
K nevermind then, theres another red coupe that i have seen a few times around LCCC, sounds like a 5 speed.
I haven't seen that 85 GT though, and I work near there.
Here is my car ( hasn't moved for 7 months ):
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/076454.html
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Thats cool. I see you gots some mad skills with the wrench! Im on my nettop pc now and can't see all the pics on your thread. I'll get on the big pc later and check out the whole thread. That is one clean car you got there. Why is it parked?
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

Wow! Thats cool. I see you gots some mad skills with the wrench! Im on my nettop pc now and can't see all the pics on your thread. I'll get on the big pc later and check out the whole thread. That is one clean car you got there. Why is it parked?

Decided to dump the old 2.8/3 speed for my 3.4/4-speed. Didn't think it would take this long OR this much money. BUT its the experience that counts here.
It's a 86 SE. An early car, (made in sep. 1985) is only has 54K miles, but it sat and sat and sat, and that takes a bad toll on the engine. The 2.8 wasn't the best. And being in ohio for 24 years, its kinda rusty. my driver trunk corner was gone and so was my battery tray. I love it, its my baby. I will have it done by spring, then we can hopefully go to car shows.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
If you need help let me know. I Could use the same as well. Mines in the garage starving for attention. And I finally got the funds. Its about time to fire up the torpedo heater!!!
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

If you need help let me know. I Could use the same as well. Mines in the garage starving for attention. And I finally got the funds. Its about time to fire up the torpedo heater!!!

I can't work on mine right now, its outside. The engine is in the garage though.
Its covered. The red Circle.

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Give me a call: 440-387-1330. Maybe we can discuss a plan of attack to get both our cars back on the road.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Give me a call: 440-387-1330. Maybe we can discuss a plan of attack to get both our cars back on the road.

I need money and better weather. More of the better weather part.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Theres a Quaker S&L on I 71 on the north end of Columbus @ Polaris. They have bi weekly car cruises during the spring and summer. Theres a pretty big bunch of Cols guys in the local Fiero club if they get together and you northeasterners could caravan right down for a short road trip. I even go to a lot of them with my cars. Of course anywhere that comes would be welcome, they have a huge parking area. Id love to hang out and talk cars.
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
If this ends up happening I would be down, as long as its "relatively" close and works within my schedule. Unfortunately, my schedule is packed until about June. I have email addresses for a handful of guys, though, that would probably be interested from Toledo.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
I don't mind a drive. Reason of the thread is to get us all together. The QS&L is a special place in our region. Lets get r done. Definately willing to travel.
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
Can we shoot for June? I know its a long ways off, but then I know I could be there. Plus I might not have road race tires on the fiero yet, meaning I could actually drive it.
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A FIERO GET TOGETHER AT A QUAKER STAKE &LUB. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE CLEVELAND FIEROS WEB.SITE? I LIVE IN RAVENNA.
fierofury

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post
Kinda far for me
Rainman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofury:

Kinda far for me

Same. I'll go to Columbus no sweat, but Northern Ohio holds absolutely NO interest to me and I avoid that half of the state as much as possible. Hold it in Columbus or Cincinnati or a neighboring state and I'm in, but nothing in the Cleveland vicinity.
PFF
System Bot
jason88notchiesgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jason88notchiesgirlSend a Private Message to jason88notchiesgirlDirect Link to This Post
Have I graduated from helping you with the Monte to being allowed to touch the Fiero yet??? Can't wait to start.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rainman:

Same. I'll go to Columbus no sweat, but Northern Ohio holds absolutely NO interest to me and I avoid that half of the state as much as possible. Hold it in Columbus or Cincinnati or a neighboring state and I'm in, but nothing in the Cleveland vicinity.

What's your beef with Cleveland?

Originally posted by jason88notchiesgirl:

Have I graduated from helping you with the Monte to being allowed to touch the Fiero yet??? Can't wait to start.

Im willing to help you guys if needed.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jason88notchiesgirl:

Oh boy...there goes the neighborhood!! Maybe I'll let you touch it!
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1702 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by pro street dave:

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A FIERO GET TOGETHER AT A QUAKER STAKE &LUB. HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE CLEVELAND FIEROS WEB.SITE? I LIVE IN RAVENNA.

I'm a member there but they dontseem to be all that active. Anyone else a member?
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post

Jason88Notchie

1702 posts
Member since Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rainman:

LOL...why the hate??? Actually Colunbus would be a prime location. Dead center of the state.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Yep, right at intersection of 71 and 70, QS&L is right next to the exit ramp. I can keep you posted for their events as soon as they announce them.

Easy from Indy, Pittsburgh, Cleve, Toledo, Cincy, Marietta, All are 2-3 hours.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-12-2010).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
I might be in for a meet-up in Columbus provided the scheduling was right.

HAGO!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Columbus_OH/

They dont have anything listed yet, but theres a bunch of pics here.

and here

http://cruisinwithrube.com/

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-13-2010).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Columbus_OH/

They dont have anything listed yet, but theres a bunch of pics here.

and here

http://cruisinwithrube.com/

Good stuff Roger. I think we may have the start of a plan going here.
Blueiii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueiiiSend a Private Message to BlueiiiDirect Link to This Post
June??

Hint hint, nudge nudge. . .
PFF
System Bot
pcwentworth

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthDirect Link to This Post
Hey I live in Zanesville, Ohio. (1 hour east of columbus) I would love to see a Fiero get together
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
I think the place to meet would be Colunbus. Sounds like it makes the most sense. We can say June as well. Give us time for organizing. There are a few ideas we are batting around to make this more than just a meeting and cruise. It will take futher planning and a lot of input. In the next day or so I'll give you guys my thoughts and will need plenty of feedback.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
June is good, and will definitely have my Fiero drivable by then, AND June is my birthday month. 18.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
PM sent to rodger. But it was before I found out Tyler died. It was about doing something for tyler and I didn't want to go open forum initialy. Guys we need to make a move and I got some ideas. Lets bounce some input from the forum and see what we can come up with. I got some fundraising ideas we can do to help. We hammer out something all funds should go through the Shipman fund and their handlers. It will take some coordinating though. Lets see what Ohio Fiero guys can do.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Bump it
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

I'm a member there but they dontseem to be all that active. Anyone else a member?

Apparently you do not get involved with Cleveland Fieros and if they were not doing anything then maybe you should use this type of drive as here by coming to the meets and getting involved. We have shows throughout the year and our groups enjoys them. Were sorry if there not the type of shows you enjoy but again would hope you show up at a meeting and let us know what you would like changed. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 02-18-2010).]

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:
Apparently you do not get involved with Cleveland Fieros and if they were not doing anything then maybe you should use this type of drive as here by coming to the meets and getting involved. We have shows throughout the year and our groups enjoys them. Were sorry if there not the type of shows you enjoy but again would hope you show up at a meeting and let us know what you would like changed. Rick B

Sorry this was not intended to be a slam. I may have prejudged. Your absolutely right. I intend on getting to a meeting shortly. I appologize.

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I need to go there myself. Been wanting to for a while just haven't made the time.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Rick, I would be at every meeting, but my schedule at my job has me working 7-10 every thursday, which kinda sucks as I want to come to the meetings.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock