Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Lets get the Ohio boys together!!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Lets get the Ohio boys together!!! by Jason88Notchie
Started on: 02-10-2010 06:55 PM
Replies: 68
Last post by: Tstang429 on 08-05-2010 12:19 AM
pro street dave

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
Just what i was thinking. i go to shows and cruz in in akron canton streetsboro & solon and seldom see a fiero. rick i well send my dues on friday i forgot.
IP: Logged
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post

pro street dave

288 posts
Member since Dec 2006
Just what i was thinking. i go to shows and cruz in in akron canton streetsboro & solon and seldom see a fiero. rick i well send my dues on friday i forgot.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Ok. Lets simplify this. We would like to have a regional meeting,not limited to just Ohio, centralized, to where we can all get together and talk Fieros and make some friends in the process. QS&L in Columbus makes the most sense for the venue considering it is dead center of the state. No matter if our cars are ready for cruise condition because that is not the point. Just a social gathering. I would be driving my Monte considering my Fiero is in pieces. Let me toss out a date. Saturday March 20th at 1:00 pm. I will make the arrangements with QS&L to enable smooth sailing. Input please?
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
Yea count me out. Will keep opinons to myself.
Pro Street Dave how often you out at the Rock and Roll street machines in the Solon Commons? I work in Solon and one of the guys that's always up "Johnny B Good green 55 chevy" is helping me keep motivated on my fiero.
Jason88Notchie to go to these cruises out here there is no "cruise condition" find any local car cruises and there is some where they will stick you. Our biggest issue is were a little modern for a lot of the cruises. Just chat them out once you start getting along they will let you in there niche. Brunswick has a nice one. Brookpark has a weekly cruise just off 480. Ive gone to quite a few and never seen a fiero at any of them. Take that back last year I saw a black one in Streetsboro at the Home Depot cruise. Once mines on the road its going to be out and about a lot no matter if it needs fixing or not I will be in the corner if needed. Not sure if it will ever be excepted into any clubs. Mines being built to drive drive drive and don't care what others think.
I just wont go to southern Ohio for my own personal reasons.
Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tstang429:
I just wont go to southern Ohio for my own personal reasons.

Lol. Whatever floats your boat, don't take it personally. You should show up and get to meet me first, I really think you're blowing this out of proportion.

I might be able to do 3/20. I'm doing an AHA run that day I think, but I should be able to do both.

[This message has been edited by Rainman (edited 02-19-2010).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
We will see how the weather is in a month or so, I don't want to go to any show where is snowing or below 40F. Plus, It doesn't seem right to me to go to a Fiero meeting/social gathering without my Fiero (because it would be the main thing I would talk about. ) And why is everyone so tense! It seems like theres a civil war between northern and southern Ohio.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
With the weather being what it has been for 2 months now, March may be pushing it a bit. April seems like it would be much better. Cars dont have to be show cars to go to a cruise in/ show in a parking lot. I drove my Coronet to lots of them with half the chrome off and in primer. Real car guys dont care how far done your car is. Some even have classes for unfinished or most potential. Others even have prizes for hard luck like blowing your motor on the way there. Just about any show I go to, you can park a group together if you ask by club, make or whatever.
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Get the "boys" together, eh? I guess that how Ohio rolls, but here in New York, NYFOC gets the "men" outta the house for the weenkend!

Tstang429

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
rainman lets stay on subject. Don't want this to turn into a civil war north vs south lol.
Knowing Ohio weather don't plan a meet before May. I have had snow on my birthday more times then I can count. and that's April 17th. May is the start of a nice warm up, more cars will be coming out of hibernation. Also to the op from what I have seen many of times you want this your going to want to come to the board with deffinitive date ranges. Look at large car shows that are going on. For Example when is goodguys in town this year? I would'nt plan anything those weeks. How about the Pontiac Nationals, with the end of Pontiac sales I would not plan then we should all be trying to go there and represent. I would look into local cruises big events and try to plan around them a little as well. One thing I have seen thats kinda cool is a local get together the day before people head out to a big show. The J-body crew a few years back had the J-bash and there where local supporting shows where the caravans set out from made the event stronger and more uniformed. Most people had the day planned off so they could drive anyways. Maybe something like that for tylers event? I am just tossing ideas and thats kinda the point of my post your gonna get alot of input more then you may want if you dont have a strong plan.
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
My Indy has a 120 day life span each year
May 15 to September 15
I’d love to drag the Indy to an Ohio event would be fun.

------------------
Factory Stock
The way God intended it to be.

Rainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tstang429:
rainman lets stay on subject. Don't want this to turn into a civil war north vs south lol.

I thought I did a fine job staying on subject. I agreed to a proposed date, said I would be there, and suggested that we meet so we can find a common ground and similar interests (fieros).
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't thinking on doing a cruise or a show late March. Point being is to get a core group of guys together talk cars and hammer out some ideas and meet friends that share a common interest. Of course eat wings and drink some brews would be of the upmost priority!! Reason I wanted to do this a little sooner is, in order to organize something we need to plan well in advance IF we are to go further with a larger event. Although I agree that late March may be too soon but I'm just tossing a date out. Should we push this into late April? BTW, great input so far!!
Rainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm not much of an "organized show" person, more up for the wings, etc, so March is fine with me. I wouldn't be opposed to meeting a few months after that for some type of food and show.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

drink some brews would be of the upmost priority!!

Ok, this part isn't fair. I'm not even 18 yet.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Ok, this part isn't fair. I'm not even 18 yet.

No law against the wings. Thats the best part!! We'll keep the Cokes flowing for you Matt!!
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
Tstang429 I did Solon on prostreet night & the Pontiac show. Summit cruze in .I like to do different shows & cruze ins just to see different things.
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
If its close I would be interested.
Xuin39

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xuin39Send a Private Message to Xuin39Direct Link to This Post
I would be interested as well.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
Cool!! Starting to develop a core. I'll Start taking a list here pretty soon.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieDirect Link to This Post
bout that time for a bumperuni.
slowGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slowGTSend a Private Message to slowGTDirect Link to This Post
Here in Dayton we have a cruise in every Friday at the local K-Mart. There is usually around 75-125 cars every Friday night and only 2-4 fieros!! We need to really step it up this year and have a better fiero turn out here in Dayton. If you want any more info just hit me on here. I hope to have my car there this year but... If not I'll be there with something.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

SlowGT, i am originally from Middletown, but now live in Orlando. My family still lives there and i have another fiero there.

I have a list of SW Ohio fiero owners somewhere, that i can send you and maybe help you rally the troops.
fierofury

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofurySend a Private Message to fierofuryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
SlowGT, i am originally from Middletown, but now live in Orlando.

That is kinda weird, I used to live in Orlando but now live in Cincinnati. I would be up for something if it is close.
slowGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slowGTSend a Private Message to slowGTDirect Link to This Post
Exoticse that would be cool. I'm hoping to get a group together for a couple of shows this year. We will see first I have to get my car on the road. Anyone in this area ever done a hardtop to t-top conversion? I may need some help. We shall see soon enough.
2m4dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2m4dudeSend a Private Message to 2m4dudeDirect Link to This Post
id like to be able to take mine to a show some day but she's just not ready yet she still need some work
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Jason88Notchie I just sent you a message. Matt Im still around. Trying to get my Formula running again.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Fierokid87

4954 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

I wasn't thinking on doing a cruise or a show late March. Point being is to get a core group of guys together talk cars and hammer out some ideas and meet friends that share a common interest. Of course eat wings and drink some brews would be of the upmost priority!! Reason I wanted to do this a little sooner is, in order to organize something we need to plan well in advance IF we are to go further with a larger event. Although I agree that late March may be too soon but I'm just tossing a date out. Should we push this into late April? BTW, great input so far!!

Im So there. Just let me know when!
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
bump to the top
Tstang429

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
Anything come of this thought
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock