Started on: 01-27-2010 11:59 AM
Replies: 80
Last post by: LZeppelin513 on 07-21-2010 12:15 AM
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
When do you expect to have the first batch available?

Greg
IP: Logged
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Greg

I'm working with a CNC machine shop right now on pricing and some designs for the slider knob since everyone wants that included.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
You could make the slider round. It would be easier to make and it would match the buttons. Then you just have to figure out how to attach it.
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

You could make the slider round. It would be easier to make and it would match the buttons. Then you just have to figure out how to attach it.

How I imagine the slider is attached, the knob has 4 sides like an open cardboard box (Never actually looked at it) so if one was made with the bottom side missing to help in installation, you'd probably not even notice since most people don't look up at it, just down.
USFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
<BUMP> to tag as a fave
Krodyob11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Krodyob11Send a Private Message to Krodyob11Direct Link to This Post
I would also be interested in a set.
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Greg

MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
Great Product! Question for you Randye: Where are your gauges from?

Thanks,
Chad

------------------

Intercooled SC3800 II/III mated to a Getrag. 19's with 13" Brakes on all 4 corners. 5 years in Avionics & 15 years in Car Electronics Experience.

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Bump
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Any update on these? I would be interested in a couple sets
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I would be interested in a set of these, one Idea I had though is a small hole for the light to **** through on each of the buttons.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
im really digging the color of that 3 gauge bezel. did you just paray paint that flat black? i have the same one (if yours is that billet aluminum cnc'd one) that i wanted to paint black.

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | modernize your fiero with technology!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Anything new with these?
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
Missed this thread the first time around. Count me in as interested depending on price if there's still talk of doing these.
cjgable

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cjgableSend a Private Message to cjgableDirect Link to This Post
bump...
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

I would be interested in a set of these, one Idea I had though is a small hole for the light to **** through on each of the buttons.

I thought the same thing..
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
OK, I guess my reputation as an epic slacker has caught up with me!

Actually I had some major professional and other issues going on and I couldn't devote the time to this little project that I wanted to.

I lost recently my job of 12 years, but my employer was generous enough to give me 2 years severance pay, (the least they could do after all the millions I've made for them), so I now have some free time and a little cash on hand to do this along with some other tasty little projects I have in mind.

I plan on getting some quotes from a few reputable machine shops in the area that I know can produce a quality product to my "exacting standards", (read: completely anal and over the top OCD )
I'll also be working on that pesky little slider knob and see if we can't come up with something that works and is not horrifyingly expensive to produce.
My goal for pricing on this is approx. $35 per set, but please bear in mind thats just a number I pulled out of thin air. I'll know better once I have a few quotes in hand, so DO NOT hold me to that price, it's just a target right now. I will only charge my cost to produce these plus a small profit margin. There's no sense in jacking these things up. The Fiero market is small and most of us are cheapskates anyway

Once I have about a dozen or so sets made I'll start taking orders for them and accepting money.
DO NOT send me anything right now!!
We all know what has happened in the past with some people taking money for products they don't have yet, (I won't name names), and I will NOT put myself in that position.
Here is what I AM willing to do:

If you are seriously interested in a set and you are OK with between $35 - $40 for them, then add your name to a list in this thread or message me and I'll add your name.
Once the sets are ready to ship, I'll notify the first people on the list and start taking money.
If you don't respond right away, (within 3 days), or you tell me that you have to wait, I will NOT HOLD THEM.
"Your set" goes to the next person on the list that pays and you go to the bottom of the list.
Is that fair enough?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 06-23-2010).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Sounds fair to me. Put me on the list!
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
$$35-40?! Thats ridiculous...ridiculously good! Count me in!
Westy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WestySend a Private Message to WestyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

$$35-40?! Thats ridiculous...ridiculously good! Count me in!

I second that, Count me in as well!

shuribob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shuribobSend a Private Message to shuribobDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in a set if the price is right.
PFF
System Bot
topsportsmanta1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topsportsmanta1Click Here to visit topsportsmanta1's HomePageSend a Private Message to topsportsmanta1Direct Link to This Post
i am in also 1 set
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIERODirect Link to This Post
I PM'ed you, but figured I should holler at you here too. I am in
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I hope I'm already 1st on the list but just to be sure...

Randy, you wanted to let me know something about a "special lighting product"...?
MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a set.
sabooo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
One set for me, please.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Me too, I want one

Cordially,
Kevin
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
me too
85FieroGreg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85FieroGregSend a Private Message to 85FieroGregDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for a set too.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Alright "epic slacker" any word on these things again!
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Gah, too bad I ripped out my HVAC system.
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Please put me on the list.

thanks
Nolan
chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
really cool...

------------------

For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

OK, I guess my reputation as an epic slacker has caught up with me!

Actually I had some major professional and other issues going on and I couldn't devote the time to this little project that I wanted to.

I lost recently my job of 12 years, but my employer was generous enough to give me 2 years severance pay, (the least they could do after all the millions I've made for them), so I now have some free time and a little cash on hand to do this along with some other tasty little projects I have in mind.

I plan on getting some quotes from a few reputable machine shops in the area that I know can produce a quality product to my "exacting standards", (read: completely anal and over the top OCD )
I'll also be working on that pesky little slider knob and see if we can't come up with something that works and is not horrifyingly expensive to produce.
My goal for pricing on this is approx. $35 per set, but please bear in mind thats just a number I pulled out of thin air. I'll know better once I have a few quotes in hand, so DO NOT hold me to that price, it's just a target right now. I will only charge my cost to produce these plus a small profit margin. There's no sense in jacking these things up. The Fiero market is small and most of us are cheapskates anyway

Once I have about a dozen or so sets made I'll start taking orders for them and accepting money.
DO NOT send me anything right now!!
We all know what has happened in the past with some people taking money for products they don't have yet, (I won't name names), and I will NOT put myself in that position.
Here is what I AM willing to do:

If you are seriously interested in a set and you are OK with between $35 - $40 for them, then add your name to a list in this thread or message me and I'll add your name.
Once the sets are ready to ship, I'll notify the first people on the list and start taking money.
If you don't respond right away, (within 3 days), or you tell me that you have to wait, I will NOT HOLD THEM.
"Your set" goes to the next person on the list that pays and you go to the bottom of the list.
Is that fair enough?

If we didn't have two laths and lots of stock I'd order set, well that and the fact that I think I'll add a grove to big knob to slip a thin O into, but thats just me your design looks great, way better than stock. Shop around a bunch fot CNC you can get some good deals as a lot of shops will take even short orders '50,100. 500 pcs etc. just to keep their doors open. Also round knobs are very simple machine, though I think you'll need to order a lot -500+- to get good price break. BTW: Estamte possible orders; project up your materal cost, machining cost and what you think would be a fair price and then cut it in HALF for our Fiero crowd. These are in most cases a poorpman's sports car. OH, good luck.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Alright "epic slacker" any word on these things again!

I hope to have the sets available by the end of this summer.
The slider knob that everyone wants along with the round buttons is becoming a problem as far as cost is concerned.
That part requires a bit of CNC mill work, whereas the rest of the parts are easily done on a CNC lathe.
(We are trying to make the slder knob simply an aluminum cover for the plastic OEM slider knob that can be bonded onto it.)
------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 07-20-2010).]

ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

The slider knob that everyone wants along with the round buttons is becoming a problem as far as cost is concerned.
That part requires a bit of CNC mill work, whereas the rest of the parts are easily done on a CNC lathe.
(We are trying to make the slder knob simply an aluminum cover for the plastic OEM slider knob that can be bonded onto it.)

What was the verdict on just making the slider knob round? Problems with attaching it? Regardless, I'm definitely still wanting a set of these, keep me on the list! Also, where is the satin black dash trim kit you have in your first pics from? Looks very nice against the billet knobs.
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Im in. Put me on the list.

Austin
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
I will take a set with out the slider knob!! Let me know.
DougC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DougCSend a Private Message to DougCDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to see the slider knob when you have a prototype done, and not a moment before! (Seriously, don't put up a picture of an aluminum block )

Oh, and name in hat.
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Can you mold the stock one, then sheet stamp a cover piece that can be attached via adhesive?

I guess worst case scenario is primer and aluminum spray paint. Perhaps more cost effective?

Greg

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock