Mythbusters crash a Fiero :-( by gtxbullet
Started on: 12-09-2009 11:36 PM
Replies: 79
Last post by: phonedawgz on 12-27-2010 07:01 AM
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
I'm both depressed and upset by this.
On the next "NEW" MYTHBUSTERS episode, Adam and Jamie are going to take a perfectly working "Yellow Fastback Fiero GT" and
race/launch it over water.... I hope it wasn't ruined during filming... :-(

I love the Mythbusters, but this kinda pisses me off a little. granted, the lovely Fiero having on-air time with the Mythbuster gang is SWEET,
but I was shocked at the 5 seconds of the trailer that had a fiero leaping in the air made my heart stop.

On a brighter note...I'm adding to my growing list of Movie's Fieros have been in to include:
"Star Trek - The Voyage Home" and "Robocop" (yes every time I notice a Fiero in a Movie or TV show I write it down, but I'm not actually looking for them...haha)

------------------
www.fquick.com/GTXBULLET
Certified Tech/Mechanic (Restorations, Modifications, and Maintenence)
1985 Fiero GT 69k Miles (All Options) - Daily Driver
1988 FIERO Coupe "IRON DUKE" 5-Speed (the show car ;-)
1992 Firebird T-Tops V-8 30k original miles(collectors car)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FallenShadow 2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

On a brighter note...I'm adding to my growing list of Movie's Fieros have been in to include:
"Star Trek - The Voyage Home" and "Robocop" (yes every time I notice a Fiero in a Movie or TV show I write it down, but I'm not actually looking for them...haha)

There is a silver Fiero se in the awsome stoner movie Pineapple Express... I was a lil... Well I was having a good time while me and my friends were watching the movie so when I saw it I totaly freaked out.. Stood up started screaming "omg a fiero!!" lol

Anyway.. I totaly love mythbusters I hope they don't reck a fiero.. And I'm sure all my friends at school are gunna tell me about it if they do.. (I'm the only fiero nut at my high school)
------------------
--FallenShadow

[This message has been edited by FallenShadow 2m4 (edited 12-09-2009).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FallenShadow 2m4:

There is a silver Fiero se in the awsome stoner movie Pineapple Express...

Look at the headrest speakers.... 85 GT. They just didn't use the real exhaust note in the movie. Can't sneak around in one of those (I know from experience)

------------------

Notchback GT

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
At least it's not a Morris Marina on Top Gear.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

THAT was funny... Definitely my favourite film of that series.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

There is a silver Fiero se in the awsome stoner movie Pineapple Express... I was a lil... Well I was having a good time while me and my friends were watching the movie so when I saw it I totaly freaked out.. Stood up started screaming "omg a fiero!!" lol

Anyway.. I totaly love mythbusters I hope they don't reck a fiero.. And I'm sure all my friends at school are gunna tell me about it if they do.. (I'm the only fiero nut at my high school)

I forgot about that one.

[This message has been edited by gtxbullet (edited 12-10-2009).]

FallenShadow 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Look at the headrest speakers.... 85 GT. They just didn't use the real exhaust note in the movie. Can't sneak around in one of those (I know from experience)

R u talking about the one in pineapple express? It didn't play a big part in the movie. Just parked on the sidewalk.. But then again I didn't finish the movie.

And I didn't notice it the speakers, I just notice saw the notched back body and thought it was an se

------------------
--FallenShadow

skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

R u talking about the one in pineapple express?

Yep... It didn't play a big part, but that was the first thing I noticed. I'm very observant
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

same here, my 85 is louder than any other one I've owned. I figured it was just that awesome, but I guess I'm not alone

------------------
www.fquick.com/GTXBULLET
Certified Tech/Mechanic (Restorations, Modifications, and Maintenence)
1985 Fiero GT 69k Miles (All Options) - Daily Driver
1988 FIERO Coupe "IRON DUKE" 5-Speed (the show car ;-)
1992 Firebird T-Tops V-8 30k original miles(collectors car)

FallenShadow 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FallenShadow 2m4Send a Private Message to FallenShadow 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Yep... It didn't play a big part, but that was the first thing I noticed. I'm very observant

Props on being so observant! I wasn't exactly in a observant state of mind when I watched it. I was just pupmed to see a fiero in a modern movie.

------------------
--FallenShadow

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

On the next "NEW" MYTHBUSTERS episode, Adam and Jamie are going to take a perfectly working "Yellow Fastback Fiero GT" and race/launch it over water....

I can't for the life of me think what the "myth" they are exploring is. Are Fiero's supposed to hydroplane over water or something???

Just checked at http://dsc.discovery.com/tv...4704.3913.x&start=10

Must be the "Hidden Nasties" episode

On this Episode of Mythbusters, it's cops and swabbers as Adam and Jamie turn dirt detectives to get to the bottom of two frighteningly filthy myths, while Tory, Grant and Jessi skip the lake fantastic with a manic movie myth.

The other one may be "Exploding Bumper" episode

On this high-velocity episode of Mythbusters, we test two highly contentious legends that span 500 years of locomotion- from the reliable horse to the sometimes-unreliable motorcar.

PFF
System Bot
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Isnt the myth have to do with that cannonball run movie where the countach skips across the pond in the beginning?

Id rather them do a fiero then a countach. lol.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
its was not Cannonball Run. I believe it was in the movie "Speed Zone". that skipping
of the Countach was cool. off to work. later
Dan
P.S. do not forget the recent Fiero sighting in the new TV show "V".

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 12-10-2009).]

labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
what about the episode of rob and big that has the white 85GT in it...anyone seen that episode or know what i'm talking about?
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

labbe01

what about the episode of rob and big that has the white 85GT in it...anyone seen that episode or know what i'm talking about?

That was the last episode of season 1 - "Dusty Monkey"

Its in MTV.com in its entirety.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
How about a "RARE" copy of the movie Stay Alive? I bet you could have it signed by the Fiero's owner (JScott)! $10 shipped!
Beautiful T-top almost hits a tree!

------------------
When life gives you lemons, thank them for the Fiero.

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Don't worry they never break anything.
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
To my knowledge it was only called speed zone because for some reason they could not use the Cannonball run name anymore.
I think.
Long time ago.
According to wiki.

Speed Zone!, also known as Cannonball Run III or simply Cannonball Fever, released in 1989, is the third and (as of 2009) final installment of the Cannonball Run series of movies. Like the first two "Cannonball Run" films, the film is a comedy set around an illegal cross-country race (inspired by the Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash). In this movie, the premise is that all the racers are arrested before the race begins, and the sponsors have to quickly line up new racers.

Originally posted by batousai666:

its was not Cannonball Run. I believe it was in the movie "Speed Zone". that skipping
of the Countach was cool. off to work. later
Dan
P.S. do not forget the recent Fiero sighting in the new TV show "V".

[This message has been edited by HIOSILVER! (edited 12-10-2009).]

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I was watching an oldie from the 80’s, Man Hunter. Sort of where CSI (same guy) and Silence of the Lambs came from. Anyway there's a TV reporter who gets abducted in a parking garage and he’s next to a white SE(?). It starts up and leaves as he walks by. Probably in the movie for all of 2 seconds.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 12-10-2009).]

signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
When is this episode to air? Do you know? Thanks Lorin
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post

signtist2004

157 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Ive got a funny one, The Golden Girls- it was on tv one day when I was at my moms house and this episode came on, here is a screenshot of the part (below) but here ( http://www.youtube.com/watc...9DVY&feature=related )is the link to the part where the White Fiero is in the parking garage , it is at the very beginning you cant miss it.

PFF
System Bot
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

On the next "NEW" MYTHBUSTERS episode, Adam and Jamie are going to take a perfectly working "Yellow Fastback Fiero GT" and

I love the Mythbusters, but this kinda pisses me off a little. granted, the lovely Fiero having on-air time with the Mythbuster gang is SWEET,
but I was shocked at the 5 seconds of the trailer that had a fiero leaping in the air made my heart stop.

Add them!

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,

Did anybody ever mention the black Notchie on David Blaines (sp?) ,the magic guy, who was offering his magic on the streets of San Francisco? It was cool. The black Notchie was parked right behind David and soon it accelerates swiftly and with a roarty growl It was a nice shot. I am happy I have a Fiero

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 12-10-2009).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Something to start. See link in my post with //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078748.html
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

I hope it isn't a yellow 88 GT. Only 241 produced....how many left?
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

I hope it isn't a yellow 88 GT. Only 241 produced....how many left?

I'm trying to find out what year it is. but apparently they bought 2 Fieros, one is a gold notchie (85-87), and the yellow GT.
I have several pictures of the 2 cars. FYI the Yellow one has a direct port Nitrous Injection kit on it (OMG!!!!!!!)...

http://twitpic.com/gzhn3
http://twitpic.com/h3vvt
http://twitpic.com/gd7q9
http://twitpic.com/h7i5k

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

To my knowledge it was only called speed zone because for some reason they could not use the Cannonball run name anymore.
I think.
Long time ago.
According to wiki.

Speed Zone!, also known as Cannonball Run III or simply Cannonball Fever, released in 1989, is the third and (as of 2009) final installment of the Cannonball Run series of movies. Like the first two "Cannonball Run" films, the film is a comedy set around an illegal cross-country race (inspired by the Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash). In this movie, the premise is that all the racers are arrested before the race begins, and the sponsors have to quickly line up new racers.

whoops...I stand corrected. sorry. altho, different director than the other 2 and a hokey movie besides.
i do not respect it like the other classics. but you are right.
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 12-10-2009).]

Fiero1K

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1KSend a Private Message to Fiero1KDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

No lie, campers (caravans) have it worse. They get dropped on bi-turbos, hilux's, and...well, everything. Oh, and crashed through by full size RC cars.

signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
When is the airdate? Lorin
signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post

signtist2004

157 posts
Member since Oct 2009
anybody?
Fiero_Adam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Good grief. This is a message board, not a chat room. Sometimes it takes more than 40 minutes to get an answer. Have a little patience.

It should be airing on Wednesday, the 16th.
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

Sometimes it takes more than 40 minutes to get an answer.

Yes, but you have to admit only rarely.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

Good grief. This is a message board, not a chat room. Sometimes it takes more than 40 minutes to get an answer. Have a little patience.

It should be airing on Wednesday, the 16th.

Thanks for the help.

gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

gtxbullet

4162 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by signtist2004:

Ive got a funny one, The Golden Girls- it was on tv one day when I was at my moms house and this episode came on, here is a screenshot of the part (below) but here ( http://www.youtube.com/watc...9DVY&feature=related )is the link to the part where the White Fiero is in the parking garage , it is at the very beginning you cant miss it.

thanks for that one, I think I rember that when I was helping my mom out in the kitchen a couple years ago. LOL
Fiero_Adam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
OK, Cliff, you got me on that one.
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
I used to LOVE those movies. snd speed zone was my favorite due to the skipping countach. Always wanted to try it. lol.

whoops...I stand corrected. sorry. altho, different director than the other 2 and a hokey movie besides.
i do not respect it like the other classics. but you are right.
Dan

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
here you all go.
The TV show "Kit Car- An AutoBody Experience"
episode -"Faux vs Go"
pits a 85 Fiero based Lambo Diablo kit against a real 94 Lambo
i am gonna show FieroX this info. also.
later
Dan
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

here you all go.
The TV show "Kit Car- An AutoBody Experience"
episode -"Faux vs Go"
pits a 85 Fiero based Lambo Diablo kit against a real 94 Lambo
i am gonna show FieroX this info. also.
later
Dan

the Fiero Wins of course. I also saw a Turbo MR2 based Lambo Murcielago versus a really one and the Mr2 kit was fast on all acounts except for top speed.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, the red head guy from myth busters owns or owned a Fiero. I remember him driving up in one on a past episode.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2009 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

If I remember correctly, the red head guy from myth busters owns or owned a Fiero. I remember him driving up in one on a past episode.

Adam likes Fieros, he's cool like that
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock