Mythbusters crash a Fiero :-( by gtxbullet
Started on: 12-09-2009 11:36 PM
Replies: 79
Last post by: phonedawgz on 12-27-2010 07:01 AM
GT86FASTBACK

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86FASTBACKSend a Private Message to GT86FASTBACKDirect Link to This Post
Sucks when we lose one but... if its for science and myth busting....
IP: Logged
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

I hope it isn't a yellow 88 GT. Only 241 produced....how many left?

I know where one is all snug and warm in the garage

------------------
Brian Blair

88 GT 3.4S/C ~ Fiero factory for a 5 speed swap soon!
87 GT VERT (build on hold) https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/053203-5.html

04 K-3500 Duramax Dually

86 21' Checkmate Enchanter (awaiting a 400HP SBC!)

87 13' Checkmate Playmate (90hp merc on a 300# boat!)

http://www.cardomain.com/id/YELLOWFIERO88

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2009 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Make that 2...
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...what they told me was they were going to do some kind of "James Bond car" thing with all sorts of tricks. Unless this wasn't the same thing.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
For those with DirecTV, it comes on at 9 PM tonight.

That's Eastern Time

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 12-16-2009).]

Genopsyde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by signtist2004:

LOL, is that a Pinto next to the fiero?

I think they should make a new cannonball run movie.

------------------

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
AWDimprezaL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimprezaLSend a Private Message to AWDimprezaLDirect Link to This Post
Tonight! hopefully it doesnt get too messed up. I'm pretty excited to see it either way. They destroyed a cutlass a few years back i was pretty mad about.

------------------
2008 Kawasaki Z1000.
2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca.
1996 Subaru Impreza L-T -201 awhp 213 awtq- 200+k miles. Stock internals.
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4.
1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass. 307
1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass. 455

signtist2004

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for signtist2004Send a Private Message to signtist2004Direct Link to This Post
What time will it be on in Colorado? anyone know. Thanks.... Lorin
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

How about a "RARE" copy of the movie Stay Alive? I bet you could have it signed by the Fiero's owner (JScott)! $10 shipped!
Beautiful T-top almost hits a tree!

Sure...no problem, they make great stocking stuffers!

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
ooooh.... that's not going to be pretty......that poor car. I hope it survives.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe
1990 Black Buick Reatta
2002 White Chevy Impala base

PFF
System Bot
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
I just saw the commercial of the Fiero flying over the lake.

I hope nothing bad happens to it.
redwingshat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwingshatSend a Private Message to redwingshatDirect Link to This Post
they said something about NOS so hopefully that will help it fly farther and not get damaged
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
I knew yellow made them faster!!
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i have the right idea of what color to get
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
well it's been on air now. One Yellow 1987 Fiero GT Fastback Driveable, but not road worthy...One Gold 1986 V6 SE still road worthy (need front bumper replaced).
I've already sent them an email regarding both Fieros to see if they still have by their building.

I'll let you all know what happens

------------------
www.fquick.com/GTXBULLET
Certified Tech/Mechanic (Restorations, Modifications, and Maintenence)
1985 Fiero GT 69k Miles (All Options) - Daily Driver
1988 FIERO Coupe "IRON DUKE" 5-Speed (the show car ;-)
1992 Firebird T-Tops V-8 30k original miles(collectors car)

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero had a similiar weight ratio as the movie Lambo. The GT flipped upon launch at 50+ mph nosed into the water. The SE with nitrous and ~100 mph did skip the 100 ft pool but nosed upon landing and lost its nose. Interesting demo.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
With all they did the cars held up pretty well. I think this was a good way to show how well a Fiero can hold up.

There are many cars of the 80's that would not have driven away.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

With all they did the cars held up pretty well. I think this was a good way to show how well a Fiero can hold up.

I agree. I thought it was pretty amazing that the yellow flipped then was able to be started and drove away.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 12-17-2009).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen the episode yet. But it sounds like they BUSTED the Myth that the Fiero is "not safe". Most cars are pretty crushed after an end-over-end flip.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I was really impressed that the first car flipped end over end landing on each end once, then slammed into the embankment at the end of the pool and was still intact enough to be driven away at the end of the show.

According to their comments, the 2nd car would have survived with little damage if the remote control driver had remembered to apply the brakes and stop the car. I think he was too busy celebrating the success and forgot to stop the car.
PFF
System Bot
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyDirect Link to This Post
Another Fiero movie "sighting"...

Watch the movie "The Rocker". (its actually really funny, it stars Rainn Wilson, from "The Office".)

At the beginning of the movie, its 1985 and when Rainn Wilson's band gets thier first record contract and find out they are going to be rich.. The drummer yells out.. ( "Were rich! Im gonna go buy a Fiero!".. )

So you dont actually see a fiero, but at least it gets mentioned... lol.

And i remember seeing a really nice SE in the movie "The Favor" with Brad Pitt.

And there was also a quick look at one in my favorite movie of all time.. "Big Trouble in Little China".

And also in the movie Wild Cats.. The part where Goldie Hawn is running a foot race against her players, and you see a Fiero drive by the field.

Thats all i can remember, lol.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 12-17-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
As I commented on the other Pennock's sight above, regarding the "myth busters", they could have done this whole episode using toy model cars from Toys R Us. They only used three two perfectly good Fiero's because of thier exotic look. You understand, most neophites whatching TV only know little, at best, about the "super-car" called Fiero. Incidentely, THREE Fiero's were used for this series. Do not forget the Lambo in the original movie, was a Fiero too!

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 12-17-2009).]

NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Fellas,
As I commented on the other Pennock's sight above, regarding the "myth busters", they could have done this whole episode using toy model cars from Toys R Us. They only used three two perfectly good Fiero's because of thier exotic look. You understand, most neophites whatching TV only know little, at best, about the "super-car" called Fiero. Incidentely, THREE Fiero's were used for this series. Do not forget the Lambo in the original movie, was a Fiero too!

Cordially,
Kevin

Kevin
I thought there were only two in the Mythbusters episode the fastback that got spray bombed yellow and the gold notchie I don't recall seeing three
Korey

[This message has been edited by NCTyphoonKid (edited 12-17-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Remember, the red Lambo in the movie? The car that 'skipped' on the water? This is what set off the "myth" in the first place. That was not a real Lambo, rather a Fiero, dressed as a Lambo. That makes THREE!

Cordially,
Kevin
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post

Remember, the red Lambo in the movie? The car that 'skipped' on the water? This is what set off the "myth" in the first place. That was not a real Lambo, rather a Fiero, dressed as a Lambo. That makes THREE!

Cordially,
Kevin

ok I thought we were talking about on the mythbusters since there were only two used on the TV show.I gotcha now
Korey

[This message has been edited by NCTyphoonKid (edited 12-17-2009).]

Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Direct Link to This Post
I thought I remembered seeing a silver SE or something on the episode too. I was just flipping through channels when I caught it though so I could be mistaken.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Fellas,

Cordially,
Kevin

The way I see it they just saved them from the cash for clunkers. These cars were pretty used up. Remember things always look better on TV. IF anything the loss of two Fieros make less cars and give hope in 20 years we gain some value LOL!

The one in the movie looked like a VW front suspension to me. I never saw a Fiero lift that high up like a Baja bug.

DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
http://dsc.discovery.com/vi...harged-car-skip.html Video here and the other vids are on the page..
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DjDraggin:

http://dsc.discovery.com/vi...harged-car-skip.html Video here and the other vids are on the page..

thanks for the link, but where's the yellow GT?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

thanks for the link, but where's the yellow GT?

much better - clips of Fieros skipping pond
yellow GT (first 3 minutes and starting at 7:30 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8Xxs1YE3U

yellow GT flips (conclusions - first minute)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhaT5i5vBuU

gold notchie skips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfRnQvhwuts

PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

much better - clips of Fieros skipping pond
yellow GT (first 3 minutes and starting at 7:30 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8Xxs1YE3U

yellow GT flips (conclusions - first minute)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhaT5i5vBuU

gold notchie skips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfRnQvhwuts

I also enjoyed the Mythbusters on YouTube "LIVE"
I'd love to be shoot with that paintball gun...hahaha, or rather be the one shooting it.
Mr.Goodwrench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.GoodwrenchClick Here to visit Mr.Goodwrench's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.GoodwrenchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

That's exactly what I was gonna say. They even drove both of them away, the first one went end over end and slammed on the ground and still drove away!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Video link is here, https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078835.html

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2010 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i have a question, i watched the show on tv, in the end of the show grant said that he could not believe he got a 15 year old car to skip, it was fillmed in 2009, the car is older than that no.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I watched the rerun last night. The "yellow" Fiero was originally white. They spray bombed it yellow for the show. Both cars were driven at the end of the show, probably to a junk yard. At no time during the show did they mention Pontiac or Fiero.
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I watched the rerun last night. The "yellow" Fiero was originally white. They spray bombed it yellow for the show. Both cars were driven at the end of the show, probably to a junk yard. At no time during the show did they mention Pontiac or Fiero.

Nope. they always remove and branding from the things they use in their tests unless they are donated or something like that. In one close up of the GT, they actually taped over the PONTIAC taillights and made it say MYTHBUSTERS
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Yeah but any search for what kind of car they used will surely bring up the fiero...did one of them have mr mike seats?
magot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotDirect Link to This Post
Heres the two links I found on youtube of them skipping the Fiero's, and both fieros drive off at the end of the second one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ6wc6IQwr4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i72pghcE4Fo
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2010 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
It so warms my heart to see them drive off in those two Fieros

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock