Started on: 11-14-2009 05:58 PM
Replies: 159
Last post by: 87antuzzi on 10-10-2010 02:56 AM
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sorefeet:

Oh I got it, I was just saying that I find it hard to believe that it's a street car, if it exists. I should have mentioned that. I bet there is someone here who could tell a good ball park of hp to run that kinda time.

a 2800 lb Fiero would need approx. 765hp to get a 1/4 time of 8.97

and page 3 is mine, buahahhaa

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 01-25-2010).]

IP: Logged
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sorefeet:

It's hard for me to imagine an 8 second "street car" period. The newest comment says the fastest is 7.98, I'm just guessing but wouldn't that take over 1,000 hp. Like I said I'm just guessing but I think the lower you get the more power you need to make the same time improvments.

Fellow showed up on the Power Tour with an early Nova, drove a thousand miles during the week and slip time averaged just over 7.5. His best was a 7.25 ET and his best trap speed was 204.
sorefeet

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
Well I'll be damned.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
my car is making over 700 crank hp believe it or not. If I went back to the dyno today I would probably make in the neighborhood of 575 whp.

I know there are all sorts of people with other cars out there that run a lot faster. A buddy of mine has a fox body mustang that went 8.77 that he drives on the street, and pulls a trailer with his golf cart on it and takes it to the track. Fieros are a whole different world though, and I highly doubt there is some local yokel that has a faster Fiero. Couple of reasons. #1, where are they going to get the resources for the swap without being on here or RFT or somewhere on the internet? #2 to spend that amount of money, you could be in the 8's in a mustang. (I know, I could of done it with what I have invested) . #3 like Fiero Monkey said, with all the members on here, someone would of seen said Fiero somewhere. Other than someones brothers friend heard at the grocery store from the bag boy they saw a twin turbo N* that was running 8's. But theres no video, no owner, and no one to be found.

And I dont even trust timeslips anymore. Anyone can pull one off the internet, or snag one at the track from a friend that has a dragster and make claims. Post up the video. I do every time.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

And I dont even trust timeslips anymore. Anyone can pull one off the internet, or snag one at the track from a friend that has a dragster and make claims. Post up the video. I do every time.

Yea, you got me, I made up my 12.2 second slip, and video, and backup proof video remember?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Yea, you got me, I made up my 12.2 second slip, and video, and backup proof video remember?

Why did you take that personally? He didn't call anyone out specifically. You two have been at each other for way too long when you start to see insults that aren't even there.

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
This thread is so full of fail all over everywhere that my head asplode.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Why did you take that personally? He didn't call anyone out specifically. You two have been at each other for way too long when you start to see insults that aren't even there.

uhhhwhahh? Fierox himself claimed that videos can be faked, easily, to the point where I did it to 2 different videos of the same run.

I am debating darkhorizons 12.26. For a couple of reasons. First off the "pic" of his timeslip on page 2 is actually an image icon from the forum. 2nd, his numbers dont add up. Look at the 1/4 mile list, most of the guys running 12.20's are running 110+ mph. Also when I was running these times I was doing so with 1.66 or so 60's. He ran a 1.85 on that pass. This puts him .2 behind me automatically. To make up .2 he would have to be trapping 112 or so on that pass. I call bs. I saw the video, and timed it 5 times with a stopwatch. Each time was between 12.65 and 12.90.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Ohh, this is one of those "thread crossing" feuds / pissing contests.... Ahh I gotcha... my bad, feel free to continue trying to make each other look bad.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

12.2 is a long way from 10.20 last time I checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But keep trying--I am sure with your new DH Performance Products you have been manufactoring and installing that it will take you no time till you are there.

FieroX was running the same times 5 years ago that with a SC setup that you are running now with a ICed Turbo setup-Seems like FAIL to me!!!!!

OldTalbot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldTalbotSend a Private Message to OldTalbotDirect Link to This Post
Congrats FieroX! Nice run! That is seriously fast for any car!
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

12.2 is a long way from 10.20 last time I checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But keep trying--I am sure with your new DH Performance Products you have been manufactoring and installing that it will take you no time till you are there.

FieroX was running the same times 5 years ago that with a SC setup that you are running now with a ICed Turbo setup-Seems like FAIL to me!!!!!

Same times? I do believe my trap speed is quite a bit higher..... And I also believe you are eluding that my car is "more modified" due to the fact that I have a turbo, when in comparison, I do not have anything done that should make me as fast as I am.. STock trans vs built trans, stock cam vs aftermarket cam (and supporting head mods), intercooler vs intercooler, small blower vs small blower, pump gas vs race gas... Looks like i win at the "mod list comparison". You are just lucky I am not explaining how much cheaper my turbo setup was than even an intercooler kit would be for a M90 setup... let alone his entire mod list.

sorefeet

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
I think I see what the problem is: y'all are having two different arguements. X is saying that he has the fastest 1/4 Fiero that we know of. DH is argueing that his times were achieved with less money spent than it took X to make those same times. DH, the comments about other people useing stock axles was pointless. Your saying he could do it cheaper, what if he doesn't care if he could do it cheaper, what if he is buying those axles because they are the only ones he can find with glitter on them. What's it to you? I don't think anyone doubts that yours is cheaper.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Dark, I wasnt pointing my finger at you at all. I could give a rats ass about a 12.2 timeslip and video. I ran 12.20s back in 2003 with a 3.25 pulley and worn out drag radials. And there is no doubt that your car was done cheaper. I dont live in a state where finding a banana peel on the sidewalk is a plentiful meal for a family of 4. We dont have to live out of garbage cans because the unemployment rate is 30%, so I can actually spend real dollars on my car.

I was saying that anyone can fake a timeslip by picking one up at the track off the ground, or getting one for your uncles friend that has a dragster, then get online and claim your Fiero ran that time. Everyone wants to see slips, and I was saying I dont trust them, I trust videos.

Now if someone got on the forum with a video the same quality of mine and showed me an 8 or 9 second pass in a still mid engine Fiero, I would bow down to that person, because that would be a hell of a feat. Until then, I will still claim to be the fastest Fiero.

Someone getting on Youtube and making a claim that there is a faster fiero, without any proof other than what they type on a screen, means jack to me. Prove it.

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 01-27-2010).]

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

fieroX

5234 posts
Member since Oct 2001
oops

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 01-27-2010).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Same times? I do believe my trap speed is quite a bit higher..... And I also believe you are eluding that my car is "more modified" due to the fact that I have a turbo, when in comparison, I do not have anything done that should make me as fast as I am.. STock trans vs built trans, stock cam vs aftermarket cam (and supporting head mods), intercooler vs intercooler, small blower vs small blower, pump gas vs race gas... Looks like i win at the "mod list comparison". You are just lucky I am not explaining how much cheaper my turbo setup was than even an intercooler kit would be for a M90 setup... let alone his entire mod list.

What is your point? That you are still slower that Fiero X? WE already new that. Sounds just like most excuses to me. You say will a few bucks you can be in the 9s but I haven't seen it yet. What is your PP and I will send you $5, that should atleast get you in the 10s.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
You all need to take some chill pills, these cars are most of our hobby cars and some of out daily drives like myself, now for everyone fighting over Fake track times and fake videos a little bit extreme but money is power and if you speed more money you have the faster the car typically, now as far as X, X i must say i do look up to you, your car is nasty, super fast and its amazing i would never knock it, however he dose have a good question as far is it really the fastest to my knowledge it is but this fiero should be close //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078766.html and this one as well once fixed //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/090483-2.html should be up there However X is still the fastest fiero on the website and as far as we know in the world, now relax people lol

also X i was wondering if you had any T 80 turbos

[This message has been edited by IVANNATINKLE (edited 01-27-2010).]

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I dont have any T80 turbos, but I can get you a master power T76 at a pretty good price. Also I am a dealer for Bullseye turbo, but an equivalent turbo in 80mm will be very very expensive. I think they are bordering $2000. Whats the application?

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 01-28-2010).]

IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
It's a secret, basicly aiming for 700whp or better l67 I know can't be done yeaddy yaddah but i was wondering for a little bit down the road I have a custom set up in mind that may baffill some not sure how to do one part quite yet but i'll get it and hopefully you'll have something when I'm done with the motor
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Everyone wants to see slips, and I was saying I dont trust them, I trust videos.

I was posting specifically that your tune of "trusting videos" was much different not so long ago, when you were calling bull on not 1 video but TWO videos of the same run!!!

I will admit, that I have seen a few timing errors in my day, even more so at the cheaper crummy tracks (there is a very fast track here in town, that consistently shows very high numbers in some areas). For this reason, ALL "official" records set by the more competitive car enthusiast industries, are always required to produce 2 runs within a specific variance, to prove a fastest time. I have yet to do this, but I have noticed that you have yet to do this as well (as I dont claim to be the fastest anything)... I know that the last track outing produced many runs (4+), and I do not remember any of them being close to the time you posted...

So the moral of the story is here.. lets eliminate ALL the BS, and make it so if anyone wants to claim to be the fastest anything or whatever, they need to produce 2 runs, 2 videos, 2 time slips, within a maximum of .2 and 2mph variance with each other. This goes for Don too, as I imagine it wont be long before he trys to go for the current record!
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
did you forget about my 10.30 pass at 132 just a few weeks before? I went 1.45 60' with a loose ass ZZP converter then got the Neal Chance converter and went 10.20 @ 135 with a 1.54 60'. Put the numbers together man, hell use a stopwatch against my video. Dont be sad I will be in the 9's soon. Hell you probably wont believe that video either.
PFF
System Bot
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
I watched that video many times. Always a fan. Even better in orange and black.
If I may;
What Air to Water intercooler are you running?
And about how much Torque are you putting to the ground?
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
slushboxes and 3800s... who would have thought that combination would into the 9s in a Fiero? Good show FieroX

Can't wait to see what Don Kraus comes up with in comparison

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 02-21-2010).]

Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
FieroX, I've been following for a while, and congrats are in order. I am looking to break into the high 10s with a SBC 383 / manual transaxle Fiero, but I agree that you have set the standard, the benchmark, and are the first to get where you are with the results. I'm not clear if you are on drag radials or just sticky Z-rated street radials, but I'm fitting M/T 235/60r15 drag radials.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I run a 235/60/15 drag radial with quite a bit of luck. Ryan runs a 10inch m/t street I believe.

You are going to need well over 600hp to get near 10s with a manual.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
how do you fit a 10 inch under a Fiero?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
mount, balance, bolt on?

Those tires are ET STREETS 26x10.50 on 15inch Fiero GT wheels!!!
pHoOl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlDirect Link to This Post
I tend to stay out of these pissing contests, but that dig at the entire state of michigan about how we are all garbage feeders was real classy.

At the end of the day, we are all enthusiasts for a cheap commuter car that we, for an unexplainable reason, seem to enjoy and put way more money into than most people would deem sane. And, I'd say that this forum and those who have come together to invent and create some pretty remarkable things have brought some level of respect to this commuter car.

So... I applaud you both for your efforts in advancing the power of this commuter car that we have turned into a respectable sports car.
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
There was a guy that sent me somepics an what not of his Big Block fiero on a hot rod forum that Im on that claims a 9.51 @ 143 but that is a drag car not street leagal guy posted a couple pics of the car an what not. I hope someday that my fiero with a massive blower unit will run 10's. but I got to get it running right first LOL. the guy on youtube with the supercharged big block I bet would run a fast time. but Fiero x's car is def the fastest around. really people shouldnt be fighting about it they should be prasing it. I dont know
Isolde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad that FieroX is running so strong, the glory is well deserved. I believe that sharing the hard-won knowledge of what it takes to run that strong is a total waste unless other guys and gals use the info to make their own similar vehicles run stronger. I'm glad to read what X has had to upgrade, and what hasn't needed upgrading. Likewise for DH. I know 235/60R15s fit without coilovers, but I'm planning on coilovers for when I want to run wider 17" wheels for the canyon to the lake for a day of sailing a rented Hobie-cat. I'm not seeking glory, I'm seeking cheap thrills. X earned the glory, let x have it. Glory is the best payoff anyway, even better than money.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2010 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
im jealous

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 02-22-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

did you forget about my 10.30 pass at 132 just a few weeks before? I went 1.45 60' with a loose ass ZZP converter then got the Neal Chance converter and went 10.20 @ 135 with a 1.54 60'. Put the numbers together man, hell use a stopwatch against my video. Dont be sad I will be in the 9's soon. Hell you probably wont believe that video either.

my crappy zzp converter is junk, I could only get a 2.0 60ft. I need some help doing math.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5li6oojNCIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6fxDyyn0M
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
well fierox...your car is amazing...have you thought about starting . doing a special diet to et your weight down? ( i have no idea what your build is and im not trying to insult anyone ) just always wondered if you or anyone factors in their own weight.

------------------
Cliff's 610th Positive Feedback Giver.
#12 NYFOC Member
In recent times, the custom aftermarket car/automobile roadwheel has become a status symbol. These wheels are often incorrectly referred to as "rims". The term "rim" is incorrect because the rim is only the outer portion of a wheel (where the tire is mounted )

chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
Awesome video. Finally one that is clear...

------------------

For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Nice runs,
You guys are gona need some safety cages & roll bars and
I may need to go Turbo and E85.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
There might be a new record in 18 days...
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Good job Scott. Congrats on the axles. Just wait till you get a 1.45 60'. haha.

I hope there is a new record in 18 days, I will be impressed. Im all alone up at the top. Ive got some new toys, see ya in September
batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
X marks the spot. Nice work Ryan.

I'll be contacting you sometime soon in the near future about swapping in a new transmission. Got an extra 4T65E HD laying around in the shop right now?
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batboy:

X marks the spot. Nice work Ryan.

I'll be contacting you sometime soon in the near future about swapping in a new transmission. Got an extra 4T65E HD laying around in the shop right now?

Yeah I have a couple
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Good job Scott. Congrats on the axles. Just wait till you get a 1.45 60'. haha.

I hope there is a new record in 18 days, I will be impressed. Im all alone up at the top. Ive got some new toys, see ya in September

Bigger turbo and spray? The poor little 66mm is going to struggle.

Oh, and why do you keep saying that i havent ran those 1.5 60s? I already made it clear a year ago my axles loved my 1.5/1.6 launches. On top of that you never had an axle fail that left you in the staging beams.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock