Started on: 11-14-2009 05:58 PM
Replies: 159
Last post by: 87antuzzi on 10-10-2010 02:56 AM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
na the track is closed until April. My car is just sitting here in the shop, my winter project is a 1935 Ford Tudor sedan rat rod. I still need to make some phone calls about axles, and also get some better brakes. Then its 9's time.
IP: Logged
Mr_jacob7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post
*clap* *clap*

i only realized, yesterday, that your fiero is crazy fast. i always knew it looked good, but i saw the 10.2 on the 1/4 mile time list.

nice going, man. ;]

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Thanks, Danyel, for the graphic.

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
nice a rat rods next after 1 more fiero I'm hoping to be able to compete with your speed on my next one but im sure the wife wont let that happen, do you have t-80 turbos?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

na the track is closed until April. My car is just sitting here in the shop, my winter project is a 1935 Ford Tudor sedan rat rod. I still need to make some phone calls about axles, and also get some better brakes. Then its 9's time.

Why dont you just run stock axles? Nobody else can seem to break them if they are the correct size.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Why dont you just run stock axles? Nobody else can seem to break them if they are the correct size.

Why can't you run deep into the 10s with your turbo setup? FieroX is!!!!!
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Congratz on your new best time!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations for setting the world record for the fastest 1/4 mile time in a Fiero. I wish him luck but I don't believe that Don Kraus LS7 Fiero is going to do any better. As for axles, you might want to find out what Zoomer from ZZ performance is using for his 9 sec 3800 turbo runs.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

April? Man you should come down to mokan dragway they open up in February.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon: Why dont you just run stock axles? Nobody else can seem to break them if they are the correct size.

Nobody else is running low 10's either.
sorefeet

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
Too bad you didn't see this thread before you started your build X. Apparently all you needed was a 340hp engine kit and tens would be EASY. What's funny is they actually mention your car.
http://www.thirdgen.org/tec...do-fieros-stack.html
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sorefeet:

Too bad you didn't see this thread before you started your build X. Apparently all you needed was a 340hp engine kit and tens would be EASY. What's funny is they actually mention your car.
http://www.thirdgen.org/tec...do-fieros-stack.html

I just checked in on that thread with a video of my Formula beating my friend's 85 TA.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
I have owned a 3rd gen and still own a 4th gen firebird. There is no comparison as far as handling. F-bodys are heavy in the front and light in the back. Use power even slightly when it isn't pointing straigh and goodbye. That is unless you have a 305 or 350tpi 3rd gen F-body, in which case you are too heavy to really go fast at all.

A Fiero can be modified to pull 1g laterally, and a few people on the forum if I recall have done it. I think Cali Kid did actually. I can not imagine what a 3rd gen or 4rth gen f-body would have to have done to it to corner like that. I also own 2 Fieros that will leave my 97 WS6 lightly modified Trans AM in the dust in a straight line.....oh yeah, and they only have 4 cylinders...

I also love the comments on Fieros being 'death traps', that made me smile. Do they even realize that the Fiero got way better safety ratings across the board compared to the F-body?

I thought my 3rd gen bird was the worst piece of GM rattle trap construction I have ever owned. from the interior being substandard construction, to the rear struts ripping the unibody sheet metal off and punching through into the back seat.....garbage. I love the comment on the Fiero being a death trap because of the space frame design.....is that a joke?

Didn't Saturn use the exact same engineering on all their cars and got really good safety ratings as well?

Funny how someone posted the link to FieroX's 10.20 run and not one of those boobs even mentioned it. Maybe if they ignore the truth it will just go away...heh

It is always fun to watch a bunch of uninformed people steam off about something they are ignorant of.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 01-20-2010).]

sorefeet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
Both you guys must have that kit. I just thought the "tens would be easy" comment was hilarious. Yea ok, that'll be your little secret. I started to let them know that the death trap had a better safety rating than their cars but didn't want to waste the time.
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, some people today actually still believe the world is flat. no joke. best not to even bother with them i guess.
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

Funny how someone posted the link to FieroX's 10.20 run and not one of those boobs even mentioned it. Maybe if they ignore the truth it will just go away...heh. It is always fun to watch a bunch of uninformed people steam off about something they are ignorant of.

Yeah, I noticed that too..... crickets!
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

correct. I am actually running stock axles. I run manual tranny short side axles on both sides, with the inner tripots from GTP's. They last about 3 passes and on #4 they splode.

DH, run a 1.45 60' and see what happens to your parts. Oh wait. Cant, and wont happen. :P

Hey Mike, I might come down, the problem is I will get kicked out after 1 or 2 passes. Lot of trailering and money for 2 passes IMO. My local track manager loves my car and since I only run TO's they let me get away without having a cage, etc.

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 01-21-2010).]

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
love your car X. It's like the Star ship Enterprise for Fiero 1/4 times. Guess that makes you like Scotty since you seem to always get her back up and running fast, lickety-split.

Only a matter of time till you hit 9's

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 01-21-2010).]

Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Hey Mike, I might come down, the problem is I will get kicked out after 1 or 2 passes. Lot of trailering and money for 2 passes IMO. My local track manager loves my car and since I only run TO's they let me get away without having a cage, etc.

d@mn forgot about that. Oh well good luck with 9s whenever you make it out to the track next
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

A Fiero can be modified to pull 1g laterally, and a few people on the forum if I recall have done it. I think Cali Kid did actually. I can not imagine what a 3rd gen or 4rth gen f-body would have to have done to it to corner like that. I also own 2 Fieros that will leave my 97 WS6 lightly modified Trans AM in the dust in a straight line.....oh yeah, and they only have 4 cylinders...

It is always fun to watch a bunch of uninformed people steam off about something they are ignorant of.

Just to let you know in stock form my IROC Z pulled .92g on the skidpad in 1985 and the only car to beat that from America was the Corvette. Even Road and Track, who used a tighter 150 foot skid pad pulled .85g. And as for making the pull better than 1g there is someone on the Thirdgen.org who has their car at 1.07g in the 200ft skidpad. I own both and IROC and a Fiero and I love them both but like you said it is always fun to watch uniformed people steam off about that which they are ignorant of.

Shelby

[This message has been edited by ARFiero (edited 01-22-2010).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

correct. I am actually running stock axles. I run manual tranny short side axles on both sides, with the inner tripots from GTP's. They last about 3 passes and on #4 they splode.

DH, run a 1.45 60' and see what happens to your parts. Oh wait. Cant, and wont happen. :P

My tiny cavi axles didnt mind doing a high 1.5.... A full 2 sizes smaller than yours.

you might want to find out what Zoomer from ZZ performance is using for his 9 sec 3800 turbo runs.

Stock. In a much heavier car, pulling faster 60 ft's, with wheelhop (broke a zzp input shaft with tire shake one time, axles didnt care).

Originally posted by Blacktree:

You are right, they are running 9's and faster. In heavier cars with faster 60's.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 01-22-2010).]

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to post and say that's pretty impressive. Nice car. Btw, 3rd gen f-bodies are widely considered some of the best handling cars from the 80s. O, and DH, are those super fast GTPs running stock fiero cvs? I doubt it.
PFF
System Bot
sorefeet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post

You are right, they are running 9's and faster. In heavier cars with faster 60's.

[/QUOTE]

So why don't you just do what they are doing? If there's a proven method, why aren't you running nines in a lighter car?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

One more time for the slow people(DH) in the thread. The Grand Prix that are running in the 9s are lighter than a stock Fiero. They nothing more than stripped out hulls.
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

both but like you said it is always fun to watch uniformed people steam off about that which they are ignorant of.

Shelby

Very clever, I am sure that will get you a few beers from your 3rd gen friends for that one. None of whom will acknowledge the truth about Fieros in spite of the facts. But I guess I had it coming.

I have owned 3rd gens before, some stock and some not. Never once did I get the feeling any of them could corner as well as an 88 Fiero GT / Formula and they were nearly all in good working order.

I can have the grace to admit when I have commented incorrectly about something, but at least I have had the distinction of experience of actually owning 3rd gen's before I spoke about them, and didn't just regurgitate the tired old Fiero rhetoric that most people who know nothing about them usually spout; 'they all explode', 'they are death traps', 'one of the most unsafe cars ever made','they all catch fire' etc.

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 01-23-2010).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

So why don't you just do what they are doing? If there's a proven method, why aren't you running nines in a lighter car? [/QUOTE]

My motor/trans is BONE stock maybe? I dont have money to throw at a car (I have more into the paint than the entire powertrain)? I am content with what I have right now?

Pick any of those, and factor in the fact that I dont run race gas or race tires to get what I have so far. Horsepower is nothing more than a few bucks away from being 9 ready, trans is a few thousand.... I personally would have a mid/high 10 second fiero on stock parts and race gas/tires, and a down-payment on a c5z myself.

Considering it took me a few months, and a few hundred bucks to be as fast as what fierox took 4 years and countless thousands to get, doesnt really make me look all that bad either..

are those super fast GTPs running stock fiero cvs?

Stock grand prix axles (actually the "fastest" is running a "fiero swap" axle out of a 3100 beretta.)

My "super slow" fiero is running a fully factory sealed 120k mile fiero 4cyl driver axle, and a 100k mile nearly untouched cavilier axle on the pass side with a GTP tripot.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 01-23-2010).]

weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
10.20 @135.75............in a Fiero........

Argue all the nitty you want, there lies the bottom line. Without excuses. No "could'a, should'a, would'a" bs from the losers.
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post

Very clever, I am sure that will get you a few beers from your 3rd gen friends for that one. None of whom will acknowledge the truth about Fieros in spite of the facts. But I guess I had it coming.

I have owned 3rd gens before, some stock and some not. Never once did I get the feeling any of them could corner as well as an 88 Fiero GT / Formula and they were nearly all in good working order.

I can have the grace to admit when I have commented incorrectly about something, but at least I have had the distinction of experience of actually owning 3rd gen's before I spoke about them, and didn't just regurgitate the tired old Fiero rhetoric that most people who know nothing about them usually spout; 'they all explode', 'they are death traps', 'one of the most unsafe cars ever made','they all catch fire' etc.

I don't actually have friends on that Forum (I use it to buy cheap parts for the resto of the IROC and some spohn suspension parts that I got cheap).

In reality you can get the thirdgent to handle as well but you really need to know how to use the throttle because, as you stated, it will snap around on you fairly quickly.

And lastly...you are right about thier attitude towards our fun cars. Very few know what they are capable of and only spout off what they have heard about a friend of a friends uncles nephews sister had happen t0 thier 89 (yes I know no 89) Fiero with a factory V-8..

I love to beat up on 4th gen cars (which suspension wise are almost identicle to 3rd gen cars. Sorry if I came across bad .

Shelby

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

I don't actually have friends on that Forum (I use it to buy cheap parts for the resto of the IROC and some spohn suspension parts that I got cheap).

In reality you can get the thirdgent to handle as well but you really need to know how to use the throttle because, as you stated, it will snap around on you fairly quickly.

And lastly...you are right about thier attitude towards our fun cars. Very few know what they are capable of and only spout off what they have heard about a friend of a friends uncles nephews sister had happen t0 thier 89 (yes I know no 89) Fiero with a factory V-8..

I love to beat up on 4th gen cars (which suspension wise are almost identicle to 3rd gen cars. Sorry if I came across bad .

Shelby

no no, it is all in good fun man. I collected quite a few neg ratings from my earlier times on PFF when I let my nose get bent out of joint far too easily. That is why I didn't bother to post on the third gen forum thread. I like to jab, but am not interested in pissing contests with people so much these days. Getting older and having kids has had a mellowing effect I guess. I do need to watch how I post though, because my humor tends to get lost on anyone who isn't, well, me I guess. I blame the 'rock and roll' for being a bad social influence on me in my formative, early years.

With Fieros you really do need a thick skin because you will get poked at a bit.

I really did enjoy my third gen's, and still have a lot of fun with my 4rth gen TA. I also have a V8 powered Miata, now THAT car has throttle in the corner's issues

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

FieroMonkey

3294 posts
Member since Nov 2002
Ok, I just reread my post that you responded to and it sounds really pissy. sorry about that.
ARFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
No worries. I live in Arkansas, I drive a Fiero, an IROC and an HHR (4 strikes against me)...I am used to getting picked on about my cars LOL

Shelby
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI66CZ2rIYY

read the comment from 5secret. hahah.

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Seriously not trying to flame here Ryan, but there is a question about your claim.

How do you know for certain that no Fiero is faster? Is it just the guys that post their 1/4 mile times on forums that you're talking about? There may very well be guys out there that aren't on this forum or RFT that have higher end setups than you. I thought I read here somewhere that someone had a 700+ hp twin charged fiero (I'd have to go back and look for the thread). I just think it's an awful bold claim when there are so many unknowns. Again, not trying to give you a hard time, but the truth is we don't know for sure. Aside from that grats on your times, and keep up the good work.
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
While I agree that this could be possible, I will say that PFF is sort of the global hub for Fieros.

If some bloke in bums-ville nowhere town happens to be the strongest strong man on earth, but fails to show up in a place like the 'strong man' contest and take a crack at the title, his claims do not mean much.

X is putting his car out there and is posting the fastest times for a Fiero. I would think if someone had a faster set-up and were tracking it, we would know about it. There are so many members on PFF from across the country, that I would think one of them would have seen this faster car at a track at some point. Not saying it couldn't be out there, but X has facts, and you have a 'heard somewhere' rumor.

Not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out, that unless there are slips to prove otherwise, X has the fastest street Fiero currently. Just my $.02

If there is a faster Fiero out there, I think a lot of poeple would like to see it in action. X might want to see this car as well and it would be good for the community and Fiero speed, because if there were a faster Fiero out there it might inspire X to psuh his speed goals een farther. Competition can be a great motivator.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

While I agree that this could be possible, I will say that PFF is sort of the global hub for Fieros.

If some bloke in bums-ville nowhere town happens to be the strongest strong man on earth, but fails to show up in a place like the 'strong man' contest and take a crack at the title, his claims do not mean much.

X is putting his car out there and is posting the fastest times for a Fiero. I would think if someone had a faster set-up and were tracking it, we would know about it. There are so many members on PFF from across the country, that I would think one of them would have seen this faster car at a track at some point. Not saying it couldn't be out there, but X has facts, and you have a 'heard somewhere' rumor.

Not trying to bust your balls, just pointing out, that unless there are slips to prove otherwise, X has the fastest street Fiero currently. Just my $.02

If there is a faster Fiero out there, I think a lot of poeple would like to see it in action. X might want to see this car as well and it would be good for the community and Fiero speed, because if there were a faster Fiero out there it might inspire X to psuh his speed goals een farther. Competition can be a great motivator.

Well, I'm not really spreading rumors about anything. The car I was referring to was something I thought (the word thought is important because it does not imply fact) read on here (considering I don't read other Fiero forums), but again I'll have to go back and look for it. I understand your analogy, but it's not usually the guy in the small town claiming he's the strongest guy in the world, it's usually the guy creating a spectacle. And far too often there are stories of people that no one knew of appearing and humiliating these guys in or out of the spotlight. I know some old school builders who don't even use computers, so I can easily imagine that someone out there may have taken a Fiero and made it nastier than anything we've currently seen. My point is just that we don't know. Unless there is a competition that everyone agrees will decide a world record, then it's just an opinion. Either way, it's his thing and he's free to call it what he wants. We'll never know for certain though.

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

We'll never know for certain though.

Yeah, that is the key right there. I wasn't saying their couldn't be. I have certainly bumped into my fair share of Fiero owners with nice cars, or swapped engine Fieros that have never even heard of PFF. Would be neat to see one of these 'unknown' or low profile track Fieros emerge. You never know.

My uncle for instance has an 86 Mustang that is a 9 second car. It is streetable, and it only ever saw the track when he was happy with the mods he had completed and wanted to see one day at a track what it would do. Once he got his 9's slips he was done and doesnt really go to tracks, mustang club meets or even car shows with it. Just keeps it in his garagge and rubs it with a diaper on the weekends when he isn't putting around town in it.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

Seriously not trying to flame here Ryan, but there is a question about your claim.

How do you know for certain that no Fiero is faster? Is it just the guys that post their 1/4 mile times on forums that you're talking about? There may very well be guys out there that aren't on this forum or RFT that have higher end setups than you. I thought I read here somewhere that someone had a 700+ hp twin charged fiero (I'd have to go back and look for the thread). I just think it's an awful bold claim when there are so many unknowns. Again, not trying to give you a hard time, but the truth is we don't know for sure. Aside from that grats on your times, and keep up the good work.

I thought I read in one of TEXASGT's Threads that a guy that works at his shop built a TT N*--Maybe this is where you read it from. No pictures where ever posted of said swap so it may have all been just talk.

I do agree that there are those out there that are not on PFF or jsut read and never post. I talked to a local guy that has a 3800 swap that I never knew was in the DFW area. But I see it as until someone shows up with proof and can run faster with proof then X is the fastest street Fiero out there.
sorefeet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
It's hard for me to imagine an 8 second "street car" period. The newest comment says the fastest is 7.98, I'm just guessing but wouldn't that take over 1,000 hp. Like I said I'm just guessing but I think the lower you get the more power you need to make the same time improvments.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
`

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I thought I read in one of TEXASGT's Threads that a guy that works at his shop built a TT N*--Maybe this is where you read it from. No pictures where ever posted of said swap so it may have all been just talk.

I do agree that there are those out there that are not on PFF or jsut read and never post. I talked to a local guy that has a 3800 swap that I never knew was in the DFW area. But I see it as until someone shows up with proof and can run faster with proof then X is the fastest street Fiero out there.

If I remember right, that guy whio did the N* TT was somewhere in the 500's they said. I looked for the thread and couldn't find it, but it was a member that rarely drove the car because he couldn't control it. I remember a story about him almost losing control at a meet of some kind. It was when I first joined and I have no idea what thread it was. Since I can't find it, I'll have to retract the comment.
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

It's hard for me to imagine an 8 second "street car" period. The newest comment says the fastest is 7.98, I'm just guessing but wouldn't that take over 1,000 hp. Like I said I'm just guessing but I think the lower you get the more power you need to make the same time improvments.

heh, that was my post. I was making fun of 5 secret by pointing out that anyone can make a claim and not post proof on a youtube comment. All I did was reverse the first and last number of the time he posted.

I guess my mockery did not come across in my post.

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 01-25-2010).]

sorefeet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetDirect Link to This Post
Oh I got it, I was just saying that I find it hard to believe that it's a street car, if it exists. I should have mentioned that. I bet there is someone here who could tell a good ball park of hp to run that kinda time.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock