Reverse chop top by sactodreamer
Started on: 09-03-2009 02:30 PM
Replies: 92
Last post by: Francis T on 09-16-2010 12:58 PM
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Same chop top as above, latest update with reverse add on...

Beautiful, how did you do your upper door panel? Did you reposition your upper outer dew wipe? The car is stunningly gorgeous.

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

This really isant anything all to new. They do this alot with nerer sports cars.. Everyone wants that low looking roof with the tiny window's to make the car look more sporty with without loosing head room in the car... for instance. They did it in my eclipse... it looks nice but when it comes to rolling with the window's down and trying to roll with one arm chillin out the window... forget about it....Its uncomfertable and the top of the door is around my neck area. Another prime example is the chrysler crossfire it lookes really small and dinky but inside it is somewhat roomy with huge doors.

All of these mods are ALL about looks, functionality is secondary. If you don't like it don't build it. I like it, I like it ALOT! For me it's all about achieving a certain look while still retaining the Fiero styling. I'm not too worried about being unable to cruise with my arm hanging out.

------------------
88blackchopv8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

IP: Logged
Car-Lo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoDirect Link to This Post
View from rear,

Most cars now look like there're chopped with a higher window line, the new Camaro and the Solstice (also can't hang your arm out )

I didn't move the dew wipes, that would be doing it the right way.

Thanks for the nice comments

[This message has been edited by Car-Lo (edited 09-11-2010).]

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
If you like how it looks and it works for you it's not the wrong way. It looks great in the pics. Is there a gap between the top of the panel with the side windows up? That's what I'm curious about, I'm wondering if I went through alot of extra work moving up the dew wipe for nothing. I'm not raising the top of the door quite as much as you did, as the notchback rear clip isn't as high as the gt clip in the rear. What are those side mirrors from? I like them. I'm looking for some small mirrors to fit to my car, I've been looking at motorcycle mirrors looking for something I like

------------------
88blackchopv8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

If you like how it looks and it works for you it's not the wrong way. It looks great in the pics. Is there a gap between the top of the panel with the side windows up? That's what I'm curious about, I'm wondering if I went through alot of extra work moving up the dew wipe for nothing. I'm not raising the top of the door quite as much as you did, as the notchback rear clip isn't as high as the gt clip in the rear. What are those side mirrors from? I like them. I'm looking for some small mirrors to fit to my car, I've been looking at motorcycle mirrors looking for something I like

The mirrors are the California Style...$50 pair
I fiberglass the base of mirrors solid, so they look smooth one piece

https://www.dragtimes.com/p...OD_120429330194.html

As for gap between panel and window, it's not bad, nobody question that part so far, I'll get back with close up pics of that later.

sactodreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sactodreamerSend a Private Message to sactodreamerDirect Link to This Post
That car is absolutely stunning! You could sell body kits like that. Looks like a 2011 retro Fiero.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sactodreamer:

That car is absolutely stunning! You could sell body kits like that. Looks like a 2011 retro Fiero.

I was thinking more LFA as far as it looks.

If it had Norm's front end, it would be even more like the LFA. :P
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
That black car is awesum. Damn now ya got me thinking what with me almost ready to paint my 87GT. BTW: Who makes that shorter rear face panel and those side panels? I have vett look tail ights done already and front and rear extractor scoops. I just took my DIY wing off as like the rear lip look on yours better.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-13-2010 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

That black car is awesum. Damn now ya got me thinking what with me almost ready to paint my 87GT. BTW: Who makes that shorter rear face panel and those side panels? I have vett look tail ights done already and front and rear extractor scoops. I just took my DIY wing off as like the rear lip look on yours better.

Nobody. Car-Lo's car is a one-off build I believe.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Nobody. Car-Lo's car is a one-off build I believe.

Well done indeed then!
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

View from rear,

Most cars now look like there're chopped with a higher window line, the new Camaro and the Solstice (also can't hang your arm out )

I didn't move the dew wipes, that would be doing it the right way.

Thanks for the nice comments

Just who's car is it? Are you still a member here?
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Just who's car is it? Are you still a member here?

That is member Car-lo. He has 62 posts since 2006 You probably need to PM him for a response.

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
There are a few more pics and video of his car here. http://www.car2lo.com and the build thread for Car 2 Lo's car is here, http://westcoastfieros.com/...sts.asp?TID=133&PN=1 just beware the build thread is 33 pages long. We had a forum glitch at some point and lost the first 10 pages or so, however the last 33 cover most of the body mods.

I have had the pleasure of driving it a couple times and frankly you don't even notice the raised side panel on the doors. I actually like the fact that the door glass is no longer poking up and hitting my arm. I think the one thing that I do notice the most is darn near whacking my head every time I get in and out from the choptop. John (Car2Lo) has agreed when I am ready to help me do the choptop to my 857GT. He is amazing at body mods.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

There are a few more pics and video of his car here. http://www.car2lo.com and the build thread for Car 2 Lo's car is here, http://westcoastfieros.com/...sts.asp?TID=133&PN=1 just beware the build thread is 33 pages long. We had a forum glitch at some point and lost the first 10 pages or so, however the last 33 cover most of the body mods.

I have had the pleasure of driving it a couple times and frankly you don't even notice the raised side panel on the doors. I actually like the fact that the door glass is no longer poking up and hitting my arm. I think the one thing that I do notice the most is darn near whacking my head every time I get in and out from the choptop. John (Car2Lo) has agreed when I am ready to help me do the choptop to my 857GT. He is amazing at body mods.

Thanks just what I was looking for
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock