Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Daytona #14 March 26-28 2010 (Page 14)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Daytona #14 March 26-28 2010 by 87GT2M6
Started on: 08-20-2009 11:46 PM
Replies: 598
Last post by: Alex4mula on 09-10-2010 08:50 PM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed that I said the same thing as you... So there you have it, two separate opinions from different people.

Originally posted by exoticse:
What an awesome time !

The cars were great but it really is the people that make it special ! It was great getting to hang out with many of you albiet so briefly. We had to leave early due to another engagement this evening.

Dean and Clay's cars were pretty bad@ss !

Great job Frank putting together another great event !

Gotta run ! More pics and comments later.

IP: Logged
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

My show photos.
http://www.kodakgallery.com...330744803%3A70744679

Thanks for the pics! Almost felt like I was there.

------------------

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
The cars are ushered onto the track for the photo shoot. I will post more of it later once I have sorted through what I have.

I highly recommend watching it in HD (click to play it, then choose 720p at the bottom right of the video)

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 03-28-2010).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
The day was perfect! As you can see below with Frank's influence and some money under the table they let us race at the track. It was very competitive. But at the end Clem won with his V8 Fiero but as you can see it was a very close finish. The best was his victory burnout that almost kicks him out of the track

Race!

Close finish!
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
We were advised not to do any "demonstrations" or go above the yellow line. Thanks to those who violated that expectations, the Fieros will no longer be allowed on the track for a photo shoot.

Frank had the riot act read to him by track security..

Another car group screw all for driving on the track years ago for photo shoots Thanks guys.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 03-28-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

We were advised not to do any "demonstrations" or go above the yellow line. Thanks to those who violated that expectations, the Fieros will no longer be allowed on the track for a photo shoot.

Another car group screw all for driving on the track years ago for photo shoots Thanks guys.

What did the Corvette boys do... run around the track?
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

It wasn't just the yellow line and no demonstration rules that were broken, so the blame can't really be layed on one certain individual, (who I won't mention...).
People were also advised to STAY IN THEIR CARS once we got out onto the track.
The security people do not want to be "herding cats" when they graciously allow photo ops like this.
THIS is what happened the moment we got out there:

Some of us stayed in our cars.
I guess others either didn't get the message or decided to ignore it. I'm not sure.

Edit to add:
The security people had forgotten that they parked several trucks and car trailers on the "SuperStretch" apron area on the backstretch of the track where they normally allow group photos to be arranged.
In a VERY gracious and unusual manner they arranged to let the Fiero group drive around a portion of the track to turn #4 to pose for photos.
In other words, they "took a chance on us".
The rest is now history....as is any future photo opportunity.
If this was an IRL track, I would prevail on the management as an Indy Car owner and *might* be able to smooth things over for the future.
Unfortunately this is a Nascar track....

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-29-2010).]

Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post

I didn't see anything taboo... what happened, exactly?

[Edit] And when do we get to see the pictures?

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Thanks, Danyel, for the graphic.

[This message has been edited by Mr_jacob7 (edited 03-28-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

It wasn't just the yellow line and no demonstration rules that were broken, so the blame can't really be layed on one certain individual, (who I won't mention...).
People were also advised to STAY IN THEIR CARS once we got out onto the track.
The security people do want to be "herding cats" when they graciously allow photo ops like this.
THIS is what happened the moment we got out there:
Some of us stayed in our cars.
I guess others either didn't get the message or decided to ignore it. I'm not sure.

Edit to add:
The security people had forgotten that they parked several trucks and car trailers on the "SuperStretch" apron area on the backstretch of the track where they normally allow group photos to be arranged.
In a VERY gracious and unusual manner they arranged to let the Fiero group drive around a portion of the track to turn #4 to pose for photos.
In other words, they "took a chance on us".
The rest is now history....as is any future photo opportunity.
If this was an IRL track, I would prevail on the management as an Indy Car owner and *might* be able to smooth things over for the future.
Unfortunately this is a Nascar track....

As I recall, we were told not to get out of the car until we got to the spot where the photo shoot happened. Before we drove on the track to get to the shoot area Frank gathered everyone together and told everyone to stay below the yellow line and to not speed on the track. We lined up single file and started down the track. We had to stop several times before we got to the shoot area and people got out and took pics of their cars on the track. Once we got to the area where the shoot happend, that is when we were told to stay in the cars because security did not want to herd cats.

It is sad that we might have lost on the chance to take pics on the track in the future, but I think if it is because people got out of there cars on the track, it was due to miscommunication, not because people were ignoring rules.
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
Thank you to all who helped put this event together.

It was fun & very memorable for me.

It was a pleasure meeting new people & seeing some previous Fiero friends too & of course all the great cars!

Yes, it was worth the drive; the venue was awesome, the show was great (kudos), the peeps were fantastic & we helped tune Clay's wicked, monster machine.

I hope evreyone made it/makes it back home safe & sound. I'll be departing in a few hours for the 1100 mile trek back to cold, cold, cold...oh well, i'll have my pics (will post), video & tan to show for it!!!

ttfn

Nick

------------------
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6...IT LOOKS NICE!

18" x 8" Original Roja's, 225-40-ZR18's up front, 265-35-ZR18's rears, Aerospeed adjustable coil-overs, KYB shocks, dropped 2"+, K&N filters, Holley side scoop, upgraded front & rear sway bars with poly, fully loaded, original paint!...and dreaming of a fierce 3800SC swap!

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Here's the Fiero Line Up for 2010 in the area we were able to get out of our cars.

click once on the picture to see the full image and click on it again to see it in original super size. Note: you might have to click on it a third time.

enjoy.

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 03-28-2010).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

As I recall, we were told not to get out of the car until we got to the spot where the photo shoot happened. Before we drove on the track to get to the shoot area Frank gathered everyone together and told everyone to stay below the yellow line and to not speed on the track. We lined up single file and started down the track. We had to stop several times before we got to the shoot area and people got out and took pics of their cars on the track. Once we got to the area where the shoot happened, that is when we were told to stay in the cars because security did not want to herd cats.

It is sad that we might have lost on the chance to take pics on the track in the future, but I think if it is because people got out of there cars on the track, it was due to miscommunication, not because people were ignoring rules.

I remember the exact same thing, stay below the yellow line, don't speed. Did not hear, stay in the car. I got off two photo's when I heard someone yell, get back in the cars.

While driving back, I took it slow, 30 mph, back to the gate. I actually put the cruise control on.

What did the alleged person'(s) do ? The group of cars I was with, at the front, we all took it slow & easy. Our front row was the last to leave.

Why exactly did they chew Frank out ?
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr_jacob7:

I didn't see anything taboo... what happened, exactly?

[Edit] And when do we get to see the pictures?

Check out the picture thread.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/080280.html
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
focusing away from the negative (its in the past now) to the positive and good time we all had.

with that said here's the group shot of the top 20 Fieros winners.

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 03-28-2010).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

As I recall, we were told not to get out of the car until we got to the spot where the photo shoot happened. Before we drove on the track to get to the shoot area Frank gathered everyone together and told everyone to stay below the yellow line and to not speed on the track. We lined up single file and started down the track. We had to stop several times before we got to the shoot area and people got out and took pics of their cars on the track. Once we got to the area where the shoot happend, that is when we were told to stay in the cars because security did not want to herd cats.

Like I said, I don't know if people didn't get the word or ignored it. I'm not sure.
My son and I clearly heard one of the security guys say "Stay in your cars" as we rolled past him in line.
I suppose it's possible they didn't tell everyone, or weren't heard when they did.
It's all history now, so best just put behind us.
My point was that the blame can't be placed on just one individual's unfortunate act.

On a happier note, I think we all owe a big Thank You to Will Hammond, ("Infinitewill") for jumping in and managing the arrangement of the cars for the group photo and risking his neck climbing on top of the flag tower to shoot the photos. (He "schmoozed" the security people for permission)
We did give him the Fiero "Horn Salute" out on the track, but it still needs to be said there's at least one member of this group who actually risked his neck for what will probably be a great photo!
THANKS WILL !!!

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-28-2010).]

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoDirect Link to This Post
We very much enjoyed the show. Thanks to everyone involved. Special thanks to the group helping with the "parking lot tuning".

@ cowspatoot, are you going to be able to upload the rest of the videos soon?

------------------
87 GT Tilt Clip-Widebody-RamAir-Fastback-GlassHatch Powered by SBC 383 6-speed w/ NOS
Build Thread

Goals in Life:
1. Get Married..........Check!
2. Build Dream Car..........Check!
3. Get Wife to Come Back...

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Some more good times.

Parking at the Sugar Mill

Same

The Old Sugar Mill

Waiting to be seated (I'm hungry)

steaming hot pancakes done right at the table.

Time to pay and head on over to the air boat ride (courtesy of Central Florida Fiero's Thanks again Marc!)

inside the Old Sugar Mill

Nice scenic cruise to the air boat ride.

all cars parked at the Central Florida Air Boat Tours.

Carlos ready to get on the boat.

Angel ready to get on the boat.

Team number two already aboard.

That's Clem in the Captains chair.

Having some fun.

arriving back (spoted 1 gator)

At the Daytona Track Saturday.

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Since this was my first Daytona Show I thought I would throw out some observations of what I saw for those that couldn't make it.

First, a few that stuck out in my mind, in no particular order but all great stuff:

Tony (aka topcat) has built himself a gorgeous GT. The Lapis Blue paint job that has to be seen to be believed! If you have ever imagined a "jewel" color, this is it.

Dean's DD is amazing. The new rear, the stance, and color, all freakin' awesome. The two piece nose and Angel vent come together perfectly with a killer set of wheels. Even the fender badges pop.

Jimmy's car gets nicer every time I see it, I don't know how he manages to top himself but it just keeps getting better. The new gauge faces and interior lighting are killer as well. On a side note, those new Fiero Fiberglass' Camen side scoops the slickest things I have ever seen! Tremendous work Dan and Jimmy

Clem's ride (LT188GT) in stunning. Detail, power all in a very nice package. The exhaust note of his car is "perfect" I can only imagine how many "posers" he has dusted off not knowing what they were up against. Nd he has the baddest Hot Wheels car in the country!

Dave's (CoolBlue87GT) Red Formula has a color that just grips you. He and I were talking about it and although he assured me it was Fiero red, I have never seen a more beautiful red color. Well done indeed.

Randye's car just looks luscious. The paint is only the beginning, the color is spectacular but the depth is amazing. All of the little details he has put into his car from wheels and tires to engine detailing. Not a rattle to be heard and smooth as silk.

Clay's car is a beast and I loved it! What a sweet sounding ride! The flipper nose is a trick piece as well but what got my attention was his tires. Are those coolest treads you have ever seen?

Brent (aka Camel) has built a killer T-Top GT! The color, the interior detail and engine bay were very nice. I really dug the whole package.

Nelson's Mera was sweet, for the number of mile he claims were on it, it sure has been well cared for. There were dozens more cars that some of the other guys can fill you in on but, WOW was there some spectacular talent on display.

Second, the photo shoot. I have been a special effects photographer and Photoshop developer for 20+ years and where I didn't bring my car down (I flew in from KC and man were my arms tired) I thought I would lend a hand on the group shot. Ron loaned me his camera and I took what looked through the lens as a few great panorama shots from the tower that I can stitch together for a print res version for any of you who want them. Are you hearing me Ron??? Send me a PM and I will blend them together

Most of getting along with security guys was just being friendly to them. When the "incident" happened the person (I know there was more than one "over zealous" fellow out there but I only talked to one that got crucified for it) responsible and I talked afterward and he felt really bad about what he did. He knew he screwed up and he owned his mistake but when he tried to apologize the "steroid boy" security guys were so busy berating him he couldn't get a word in edgewise. Letting someone know they screwed up is one thing but being a foul mouthed, thug and bully is entirely different matter. Let's face it, most of them were likely never picked at dodge-ball and now that they are finally in charge they are going to damn sure make it clear that they rule the roost. I also realize their jobs could be on the line if they allow that kind of thing to go unchecked but the testosterone level was a way too high toward even those that did nothing wrong. It's the bouncer mentality, we know you are bad-a$$ because you drive a golf car and we don't. Move on with your life. Frank certainly didn't deserve the blistering he got either, again the security crews reaction was completely uncalled for IMHO. You can communicate in ways other that screaming obscenities.

All in all the show was a great time and I hope I have a chance to do it again in years to come. What a great bunch of guys and gals I met! Joe, both of the Tonys, Dean, Randy and all of your wives, kids and girl friends (and all the rest I forgot to mention) were a pleasure to meet!

Thanks for having me down.

Will

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-30-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I knew there would be trouble when I heard the burn out. I was where the cars were parked for the show and heard it there. I also remembered people talking about the no burn out rule at previous shows. It's a shame.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Second, the photo shoot. I have been a special effects photographer and Photoshop developer for 20+ years and where I didn't bring my car down (I flew in from KC and man were my arms tired) I thought I would lend a hand on the group shot. Ron loaned me his camera and I took what looked through the lens as a few great panorama shots from the tower that I can stitch together for a print res version for any of you who want them. Are you hearing me Ron??? Send me a PM and I will blend them together

I saw Ron Hale on Sunday morning before we left the hotel and he said he didn't have your email address.
Ron says he "lurks" here on PFF and I told him to message you, ("infinitewill").
He wrote down the info I gave him as well as my email address and said he intended to put all the photos on DVD.....or something....
I also told him that he could contact me and I would either pick up the DVDs from him personally or we could tell him how to upload the photos to file share server.
One way or another, I'm determined this won't fall through the cracks, and the images will get to you for "massaging".

It was great meeting you and your wife Will. We had a great time, (despite our "interesting" dinner experience Saturday evening), and look forward to next year.

Pro Tip:
DO NOT venture out to the Daytona Beach "strip" during spring break for a dinner with adult friends unless you enjoy waiting for a table for 1 to 1.5 hours, being surrounded by "twentysomething" college kids yelling at the top of their young lungs (WOOOOOOOO!!!), Waitresses that act as though they've consumed 4-5 pots of coffee on top of a few benzedrine tablets, and a "arctic cold on-shore wind" blowing across your table while you attempt to "dine".
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelDirect Link to This Post

Ron loaned me his camera and I took what looked through the lens as a few great panorama shots from the tower that I can stitch together for a print res version for any of you who want them. Are you hearing me Ron??? Send me a PM and I will blend them together
Will

! GREAT Idea Will! It was a real pleasure to finally meet you as well. All your hard work on the rear seal repro was most appreciated and the sample you showed us at the show was SOOOOO nice! I shouldn't say repro since you actually improved it. I can't wait to receive mine! Thanks for the kind words about my car, hope to see yours next year with the ideas you mentioned!

Brent

joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post

It was great meeting you and your wife Will. We had a great time, (despite our "interesting" dinner experience Saturday evening), and look forward to next year.

Pro Tip:
DO NOT venture out to the Daytona Beach "strip" during spring break for a dinner with adult friends unless you enjoy waiting for a table for 1 to 1.5 hours, being surrounded by "twentysomething" college kids yelling at the top of their young lungs (WOOOOOOOO!!!), Waitresses that act as though they've consumed 4-5 pots of coffee on top of a few benzedrine tablets, and a "arctic cold on-shore wind" blowing across your table while you attempt to "dine".

HA, when you told that waitress "two things, decaf and slow down" it was pretty durn funny, but what really made me spit the soda was when she came back later and asked if you wanted the decaf!

Our seating was the biggest pitfall to the evening, for those who dont know (most of you reading this) we sat about 5 feet from a door to the outside dining area. It was cold and windy out there and people were constantly coming in and out of that door so we actually had to hold on to our meals from flying away. Not to mention my 4 month old was trying to sleep but couldnt because of the constant rush of cold air, so she made it pretty hard for my wife and I to enjoy our dinner. The food was good, the company was great, I didnt mind the wait *that* much, but that stupid door really killed it.

Either way we had a great time while in Daytona. Will and Kim (InfiniteWill), Randy and family (Randye), Jim and Danielle (JimmyS), Dean (Whodeanie), we had a great time dining with you Friday and/or Saturday. It was also great to meet Cowspatoot, Topcat, Blacktree, 85lamb, ClayTonto, Clem, Dave, and several others who I was able to converse with at the show on Saturday.

I also want to thank everybody for their patience with me for bringing a 4 month old to the show. She was pretty good for the most part with a few fits in between but everybody who talked to us was very kind and polite with her. I will try to post pics later on of her outfit for the show.

-Joe
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

HA, when you told that waitress "two things, decaf and slow down" it was pretty durn funny, but what really made me spit the soda was when she came back later and asked if you wanted the decaf!

Our seating was the biggest pitfall to the evening, for those who dont know (most of you reading this) we sat about 5 feet from a door to the outside dining area. It was cold and windy out there and people were constantly coming in and out of that door so we actually had to hold on to our meals from flying away. Not to mention my 4 month old was trying to sleep but couldnt because of the constant rush of cold air, so she made it pretty hard for my wife and I to enjoy our dinner. The food was good, the company was great, I didnt mind the wait *that* much, but that stupid door really killed it.

Either way we had a great time while in Daytona. Will and Kim (InfiniteWill), Randy and family (Randye), Jim and Danielle (JimmyS), Dean (Whodeanie), we had a great time dining with you Friday and/or Saturday. It was also great to meet Cowspatoot, Topcat, Blacktree, 85lamb, ClayTonto, Clem, Dave, and several others who I was able to converse with at the show on Saturday.

I also want to thank everybody for their patience with me for bringing a 4 month old to the show. She was pretty good for the most part with a few fits in between but everybody who talked to us was very kind and polite with her. I will try to post pics later on of her outfit for the show.

-Joe

If you're going to thank us for being patient with your 4 month old then I have to thank you for not "clocking" my "312 month old child" in the head for not telling us that the place he led us all to for dinner was smack in the middle of spring break at the beach!
He saw absolutely nothing wrong with it of course.... he actually thought it was great....(kids! )

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 03-29-2010).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

randye

13768 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Most of getting along with security guys was just being friendly to them. When the "incident" happened the person responsible and I talked afterward and he felt really bad about what he did. He knew he screwed up and he owned his mistake but when he tried to apologize the "steroid boy" security guys were so busy berating him he couldn't get a word in edgewise. Letting someone know they screwed up is one thing but being a foul mouthed, thug and bully is entirely different matter. Let's face it, most of them were likely never picked at dodge-ball and now that they are finally in charge they are going to damn sure make it clear that they rule the roost. I also realize their jobs could be on the line if they allow that kind of thing to go unchecked but the testosterone level was a way too high toward even those that did nothing wrong. It's the bouncer mentality, we know you are bad-a$$ because you drive a golf car and we don't. Move on with your life. Frank certainly didn't deserve the blistering he got either, again the security crews reaction was completely uncalled for IMHO. You can communicate in ways other that screaming obscenities.

You sure would expect that you would get a lot more professionalism than that, especially when you give those guys $3/hr , a yellow t-shirt and the keys to an "O-fishul" golf cart....
joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post

If you're going to thank us for being patient with your 4 month old then I have to thank you for not "clocking" my "312 month old child" in the head for not telling us that the place he led us all to for dinner was smack in the middle of spring break at the beach!
He saw absolutely nothing wrong with it of course.... he actually thought it was great....(kids! )

In all fairness, he asked me first what I thought of the place. Shannon and I love the one in Orlando so I thought it was a great idea at the time too, but I didnt know the geography of it otherwise I would have suggested we dine elsewhere.

I also wanted to point out that this was my second time at the Daytona show, we were there last year as well. While I did show up late last on Saturday last year, it seemed like everyone kept more to themselves and their "groups" last year as opposed to this year. Last year I was lucky to meet Randye and JimmyS who were kind enough to let us dine with them, otherwise I wouldnt have had much fun at all. This year it seemed like more people were interacting, there were more people there overall, and everyone was friendlier. Maybe it was the fact that it was blistering hot last year and actually quite nice this year, but I feel like I made a lot more long term "forum friends" and am really looking forward to next year's event.

-Joe

[This message has been edited by joesfiero (edited 03-29-2010).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

-Joe

Joe,

Randy was on a role for sure Too bad his humor sailed right over our overly perky waitress' head. Note to self..... now dining along the strip during Spring Break. Kim and I really enjoyed hanging out with you and your family and having dinner together. Maybe we better plan on it again next year

Will
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Second Pano...everyone on the track. I'm sure Will can do much better but for now here what we have.

remember it takes up to 3 click to get the full size image.

put together from low res images once I have the high res images on hand I'll give it another shot unless Will has posted his.

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 03-29-2010).]

joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post

Maybe we better plan on it again next year

Will

Absolutely.

Second Pano...everyone on the track. I'm sure Will can do much better but for now here what we have.

remember it takes up to 3 click to get the full size image.

put together from low res images once I have the high res images on hand I'll give it another shot unless Will has posted his.

As far as I know Will doesn't have the high res. panoramic pics. I believe they are on another camera and we are just waiting for them to get to Will so he can do his magic. Hopefully we can get this done soon because I know we are all anxious to see them. I know there are tons more pictures out there, I really need to get mine up here although I dont have anywhere near as many as some people do.

-Joe
PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Here's the best display at the show!

How's this for a proud papa and young cutie

\/\/
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

joesfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Will. I dont suppose you could have photoshopped my ugly mug outta that! Just kidding, I couldnt have been happier how the day turned out. The clothes we had made for her got a great response from everyone.

JimmyS was kind enough to point out that if she "had a movement", she would be wearing a sh!**y Fiero.

I know its hard to see, but in the red heart on her shirt is the Fiero logo as well. The font turned out perfect too so we were happy.

-Joe
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Wendy and I are back in S.W.FL. We both had a great time during the show at Daytona. I want to thank everyone involved with putting on the show.
It was great to actually get to ride around the track, and meeting all the nice Fiero people.
It was a fun time.
Have a Great Day
gary
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I must say I had the best time this year at the show I just wish I would of had more time to stay longer. it was great to see all the people I talk to here as well as meet new friends.
I am glad you all liked my DD project and I look to out do it again next year for the show. the best time I had was at the gocart track where we closed down the place while plating bumpercars
D.
SC Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
Another great Daytona show, with good people, great cars, and lots to fun!
Thanks to Frank, Marianna, and all of the good Florida Fiero folks who make this show possible!

------------------
Lowcountry Fiero
South Carolina Fiero Club
'88 Coupe "Plain Vanilla"
'86 GT "Black Pearl"

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
little touch up but not the final hi res one.

Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

This pic is amazing! Cant wait to see the final version!

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Lookin good

I will post my images when I get home tonight. I sent my hi res files to Frank but haven't heard if he got them.

\/\/
normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello its terrible that Frank got such an abusive treatment from the staff over this. I was involved in a similiar confrontation with the gate keeper that would let us finally in and his name was ironicly Norm too. He was in charge of his group and it seemed as if every year he got worse in his treatment of our group, we had our paperwork all in order and he still placed unreasonable demands on our vender truck entering to the point I though it was going to get physically violent. That was three years ago and with the high cost of getting there, gas and the economy it was just too much. Hopefully our economy will improve enough so I can enjoy the Show and sun again next year. Thanks Norm
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Lookin good

I will post my images when I get home tonight. I sent my hi res files to Frank but haven't heard if he got them.

\/\/

Will

I got the low res versions but not the high yet

Thanks

Frank
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock