Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Daytona #14 March 26-28 2010 (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Daytona #14 March 26-28 2010 by 87GT2M6
Started on: 08-20-2009 11:46 PM
Replies: 598
Last post by: Alex4mula on 09-10-2010 08:50 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
one more week! I can't wait!

I want to order sunshine and warm weather for this year, Please!
IP: Logged
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ill have to say the best view is the rear shot. Im not a fan of side scoop treatments, but at least those are not over the top and theyre functional. Only thing I really dont like is the back of the hood where it meets the doors. I think it would look better if the hood end by the A pillar was a bit lower and the front of the door a bit higher (splitting the diff) so that they lined up at the mirror. JMO, but that way makes it look like an afterthought instead of integrated. Still looks like a nice job. Id also like to see the center grill opened up, if for no other reason than to stop it from pushing air at higher speed.
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

one more week! I can't wait!

I want to order sunshine and warm weather for this year, Please!

Me too! I have a short punch list, however I am swapping transmissions for a guy right now, and I feel rushed for time. Taking some autos from a Firebird/Camaro and swapping them... I will get a 3.4 out of the deal also, however I am sure it will need rebuilt soon, Ill just keep the block as a spare. I haven't taken a real vacation... in a very long time. I have weeks built up at work! :-P
Suufmeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuufmeisterSend a Private Message to SuufmeisterDirect Link to This Post
I will try to attend the show this year (been awhile since I've been to Daytona) unfortunately my Fiero won't make it though.

She's getting a new heart

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2010 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Suuf the engine looks great !

When do you hope to have it finished and installed ?

Capitol City Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capitol City FieroSend a Private Message to Capitol City FieroDirect Link to This Post
ok cars are packed and we are Florida bound at 3:00AM
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I'm still undecided about coming. We have visitors from Germany coming that weekend and I'd have to go up from Miami on Friday to drive back on Saturday. And my engine is still ticking (when cold). And I have terrible gas mileage right now. And my wife is not going. And I haven't booked a place to stay anyways.... mmmmhhhh....?!?!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I'm still undecided about coming. We have visitors from Germany coming that weekend and I'd have to go up from Miami on Friday to drive back on Saturday. And my engine is still ticking (when cold). And I have terrible gas mileage right now. And my wife is not going. And I haven't booked a place to stay anyways.... mmmmhhhh....?!?!

If only we had an Autobahn from Miami to Daytona Beach, you could make it in under 3 hours.
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

So. What's your point? Are you BOTH going or not?
Inquiring minds want to know.
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

5181 posts
Member since Jul 2003
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
My wife: No.
Me: Not sure, 10 hours driving for very little time there.

Plus, I doubt I'd find a room in the hotel at this stage.
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Never can tell about the hotel

Everyone ready for Friday

The weather gives the impression that it has turned around.

Got hot with long pants on.

I liked a litte nip in the air better

Plus a couple of pictures

Like I said the weather was a little warm today

Frank
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Frank:

You made me a star!! LOL

See all you folks in Florida.

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT newly on the road
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

How ironic. When you were living in Germany, you made the show. Now that you live here in Florida (just a few hours from Daytona) and have your car here, you might not make it. LOL
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelDirect Link to This Post
last sunday to work on things! I have been doing a lot of side jobs lately, havent had a chance to do a lot of little things i wanted to do. i did score a 3.4 however this weekend. i swapped a transmission for a guy from a wrecked firebird to a camaro, and i was able to keep the good running 3.4. Ill build her up for next year, tired of engine work on the Fiero this year.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

How ironic. When you were living in Germany, you made the show. Now that you live here in Florida (just a few hours from Daytona) and have your car here, you might not make it. LOL

I thought the same thing. But then from Miami is a long drive. I go and come back same day from West Palm and is tough but with good company time goes fast.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Karma, cant make the show, cant go to the concert and I have to work both days. Put all of that aside and my starter/battery is dead/dieing.
Do you think someone is mad at me for buying a Vette?
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
How many days and hours and seconds to Daytona you ask?--

Map of the track and hotel and Fiero parking inside the track---turn four
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Well Folks it's just around the corner....5 days left for me (leaving on Friday) Clem however is leaving on Thursday that's why his countdown say's 4 days left.

My plans changed unforeseen circumstances but still going to be there, point is if anyone had plans for the 3days and things have changed at least aim for Saturday….

It's going to be one giant packed fun filled Saturday don't miss out.

See ya there!!!!!!!!!!

God willing.
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Sit down at the Sugar Mill is at 9:00am calculate your travel times and try and be there by at least 8:45am, my calculation should put me there at 8:30

First time for me @ the Sugar Mill, have heard a lot of good stuff about it.

See you there Clem.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Leaving New England in about 1 hour for the trek to Daytona (I drive slow). I hope this isn't a bad omen - went to pop the trunk and found out that my battery was deader than a door nail so I swiped the battery out of the wife's T Top and all is fine again.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Better bring a jacket. Thats cold!
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Friday ?? but Saturday looking good for now...... weather wise that is.
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
Some teasers, as I came down early to do some..exploring!
Enjoy!

...Ponce Inlet Lighthouse

...outside the track
!

...coming, not going

...let me in!!!

...visited the warbirds at Valiant Air Command, loved it!

...already made some friends...

...i offered some lunch...

....to infinity & beyond!

....& i have some detailing to do...but it was sooo worth it!

------------------
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6...IT LOOKS NICE!

18" x 8" Original Roja's, 225-40-ZR18's up front, 265-35-ZR18's rears, Aerospeed adjustable coil-overs, KYB shocks, dropped 2"+, K&N filters, Holley side scoop, upgraded front & rear sway bars with poly, fully loaded, original paint!...and dreaming of a fierce 3800SC swap!

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I wish i could come down for that show! Every year I try to make plans to be there and every year my car isnt running. Now the Formula is about done (Thursday will drive it home) and its too late for me to get there. Try again next year I guess.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Are you ready?

YES I AM YELLING---DO NOT FORGET THIS CARD

Yours truly

87GT2M6

Yellowstone

Alex4umla

Just hanging out

The new owner of BlackAzzGT former Fiero

?? Hey Alex, Is this a left hand or a right hand screwdriver?

Did I get your attention??

Going GREEN?

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post

LT188GT

5181 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Latest update=====
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Latest update=====

Getting colder.

Whats the difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny?
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Is the glass half empty or half full?

I guess it depends on your outlook in life.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Is the glass half empty or half full?

It depends on if you are drinking from it of pouring into it. If pouring... it's half full. If drinking... it's half empty.

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
The weather for the weekend looks wonderful for us coming from RI. Rained all day Monday while driving so the car is filthy once again and will need a good washing when we get to FL. Have stopped for the night and will tour Savannah tomorrow and then head off to FL. Will be in FL sometime tomorrow.

Gwen (Phil's wife)
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
OK, it's official. I will not make it this year. With our friends from Germany arriving tomorrow and my engine ticking and Daytona being outside of the AAA 100-mile towing radius, I'm not doing it. Last thing I need is to get stranded somewhere on I-95.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

OK, it's official. I will not make it this year. With our friends from Germany arriving tomorrow and my engine ticking and Daytona being outside of the AAA 100-mile towing radius, I'm not doing it. Last thing I need is to get stranded somewhere on I-95.

How pesimistic! Last year mine broke down 75mi from home so AAA was all good. Now is good to know that I also have a garage at Orlando just in case it falls on the other half
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
i hope it's not going to rain on friday, i will be there with the wife. i told here i hope there would be someone selling hats with fiero on it. i donot think my car has been driven in the rain in maybee 10 yrs.. we will see youall on friday.
Gwain

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GwainClick Here to visit Gwain's HomePageSend a Private Message to GwainDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks, I've been really anal about watching the weather report for Friday since we're running the airboat rides! It's gone from 80% chance of rain to 20%, and those being "scattered" thunderstorms which are "supposed" to clear off by mid morning. The rides don't start till noon so we should be in "aligator heaven".

It's going to be "perfect" airboating (not to mention Fiero) weather. Everyone will have plenty of time for car cleaning afterwards for Saturday.

Don't miss the rides! See you all on Friday!

Marc

------------------
Marc in sunny Titusville, FL

• 84 SE son's car, loaded
  • 85 Coup w/V6 transplant
  • 85 GT newly on the road
  • 86 SE/GT "The Chameleon" - big plans!
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
The Mall link https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...051164.html#lastpost

Here is one of the seats available for sale at Daytona. I'll be posting the all velour cover tomorrow. Both of these will be for sale at Daytona at a special introductory price.

If possible I'll post the trunk covers by tomorrow as well if time permits.

Click on any picture to get a large close up.

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Looks like we got us a "Fierovan" from S.W. FL to the show. JimmyS , Gary , CoolBlue are hitting the road Friday morning taking RT 17 (near Punta Gorda) over to the show.

GPS shows about 185 miles. Should be there around 1 pm

Dave

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-24-2010).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Post lots of pics for those of us who won't be able to make it.
Have fun, and a safe journey everyone!
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Post lots of pics for those of us who won't be able to make it.
Have fun, and a safe journey everyone!

I have a new camera to play with....and 18 Gig of memory cards....along with 6 extra sets of rechargeable batteries....this request will NOT be a problem.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock