Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Black Beast Teardown/Build Thread (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Black Beast Teardown/Build Thread by Back On Holiday
Started on: 05-11-2009 01:55 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Back On Holiday on 09-07-2010 02:46 AM
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I bought this 88GT 5 speed from CoryFiero last october and towed it home from Charleston, SC
He was having trans issues, so we began to tear it down:

Little guy helping me

Pontiackid86 playing with the rear light bulbs

Building the support frame for under the car:

Out it comes!

beginning to remove Y-Pipe and other parts to pull Trans apart:

Dirty inside trans, sprayed it down some to clean some of the gook off to get a better view

Clutch plate side that mates with the flywheel

Kids enjoying some driveway time, notice the big one in the back with the Grape Soda?

Swapping control arms and stuff over to a clean 88 cradle

Captain Morgan

'Morgan wannabe

Cradless

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 05-11-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
wow BOH do you have a 4 cylinder laying around and want to make a trip to put it in my INDY!!!!!!! good stuff to watch

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Black widdow was better
p.s morgan holds his head up high and proud not lookin like hes about to take a dump......... trust me I drink enough of it to know the stance

haha bustin your stones andrew

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-12-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
So I'll be up after Lilitiz with a 3800 to drop in my formula, right? You do all the work? I watch? I can be another pontiackid! =D Just a ...really.. tall and fat one. lol
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

So I'll be up after Lilitiz with a 3800 to drop in my formula, right? You do all the work? I watch? I can be another pontiackid! =D Just a ...really.. tall and fat one. lol

now now give credit where credit is due. I stode on the cradle while he put the brake assembley on, and did some of the dismanteling of the old cradel.

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2009 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I stode on the cradle while he put the brake assembley on,

Dude... you cannot be serious.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:

Dude... you cannot be serious.

Its called a joke. Somthing you need to learn how to do and point out more often.

jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post

I stode on

I'm pretty sure thats what he is talking about.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

now now give credit where credit is due. I stode on the cradle while he put the brake assembley on, and did some of the dismanteling of the old cradel.

Dude, it was the entire control arm(s)!

I did put your ass to work 'bout time you gave back
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

wow BOH do you have a 4 cylinder laying around and want to make a trip to put it in my INDY!!!!!!! good stuff to watch

Bah, I actually enjoy doing these things - problem is im poor!
PFF
System Bot
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
I'm picking up a lot of tips from you guys on how to pull the engines out of these beasts. Looks fairly simple....no, I don't mean easy as in anyone can do it, but you all make it look like nothing.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

I bought this 88GT 5 speed from CoryFiero last october and towed it home from Charleston, SC
He was having trans issues, so we began to tear it down:

Little guy helping me

Pontiackid86 playing with the rear light bulbs

Building the support frame for under the car:

Out it comes!

beginning to remove Y-Pipe and other parts to pull Trans apart:

Dirty inside trans, sprayed it down some to clean some of the gook off to get a better view

Clutch plate side that mates with the flywheel

Kids enjoying some driveway time, notice the big one in the back with the Grape Soda?

Swapping control arms and stuff over to a clean 88 cradle

Captain Morgan

'Morgan wannabe

Cradless

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
I have begun work on The Black Beast(this weekend!), plans changed AGAIN and I will be keeping her for awhile now!

Before:

After:

Heres some pics of the clutch fork, I removed the upper bushing, took pics of the lower also, cannot
locate an upper one for sale, heres a Fierostore screenshot I cant tell if they have a typo or what
(posting this Q in tech also)

Engine pics, pulling some stuff apart

will the rust on the flywheel be ok to install the clutch right on or should I clean it off with some emery cloth or
do I have to get it cut/cleaned?

2 exhaust bolts broke off, 1 on each side...... could have been worse

Interesting Distributer

[This message has been edited by Back On Holiday (edited 10-11-2009).]

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Back On Holiday

6238 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Looks like my fork is the First Design.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
While he was doing this i was busy breaking my brake lines.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
That's what my Formula's distributor looks like. I need to be there for some of this rebuilding stuff. I needs me some knowledge!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

That's what my Formula's distributor looks like. I need to be there for some of this rebuilding stuff. I needs me some knowledge!

Must be an 88 thing!
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Must be an 88 thing!

No, its probably a newer one or a reman. My 88 had the "regular" Fiero distributor in it but I have a new one (that resembles the picture) waiting to get swapped in.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is a newer style distributor, so the whole unit must have been replaced previously. Looks to be a lot better in design then the original ones.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Bump for pics from our ridiculously stupid but somehow very productive day of working on the 88's Mot-Zor.

------------------

N3M3S1S' Myspace

PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna dump the pics I took with my phone here. We started just drinking some beer and chatting, occasionally looking at the motor and BOH would do something. Then out of nowhere after many beers, Tom just started going hard cleaning the motor. I started snapping a couple pics.

It started a little dirtier than this. Andrew broke out the electric drill to make it easier for little drunk Tommy.

Cleaned a bit of it already. Pre-power tool help.

Pics of us working! As opposed to the like, 10 pics of sitting around beer Andrew has. lol

It came out much nicer than our drunk selves expected.

Working on the other side.

The motor as it sat before we left.

Then we devoured about 5 pizzas, sobered up, and called it a night. All in all a cool day. BOH has a lot more. Really funny ones too. lol

------------------

N3M3S1S' Myspace

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Lol 2 beer tom.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Hey Andrew! Looking at some of the pictures, it looks as though there is some significant rusting back there. Are you going to pull the rear clip off and have a look?

That clutch looks fantastic by the way.

Andy

------------------

Mr_jacob7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr_jacob7Send a Private Message to Mr_jacob7Direct Link to This Post

Great minds think alike?

hehe.

------------------
"Be not led astray, bretheren beloved..." -James 1:16.

Thanks, Danyel, for the graphic.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr_jacob7:

Great minds think alike?

hehe.

Ya' know......Fieros have been known to eat people that way...
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Hey Andrew! Looking at some of the pictures, it looks as though there is some significant rusting back there. Are you going to pull the rear clip off and have a look?

Theres rust back there, no doubt

I posted pics here in OT cuz 95% of the stuff we did was not Fiero related on Saturday, FYI this link is NSFW
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/069055.html

Heres the Fiero Related pics of Tom cleaning the engine block

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2009 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Now you just gotta let me know when you go to put that bad boy back in! I'll try to bring a female this time. Yeah, I know, Tom counts as female. I'm talking a hot female.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Now you just gotta let me know when you go to put that bad boy back in! I'll try to bring a female this time. Yeah, I know, Tom counts as female. I'm talking a hot female.

hoping this weekend, waiting on a box of parts, going to have to make a phone call tomorrow
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

hoping this weekend, waiting on a box of parts, going to have to make a phone call tomorrow

And this weekend i will be relaxing on a dock with a fishing poll in one hand and a beer in another. Catching absoluteley nothing because its to damn cold. Never said i was going to go down to the dock sober.

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Lemme know dude. I'll bring the beer this time. And probably no Tom. I'm pretty sure he works.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

And this weekend i will be relaxing on a dock with a fishing poll in one hand and a beer in another. Catching absoluteley nothing because its to damn cold. Never said i was going to go down to the dock sober.

Those are some smart, voting fish.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Those are some smart, voting fish.

And this weekend i will be relaxing on a dock with a pole in one hand and a beer in another.
Catching a damn cold while my pants are around my ankles. Never said i was going to go down on myself sober.

Fixed that for you PK, hulki mines better

Lemme know dude. I'll bring the beer this time. And probably no Tom. I'm pretty sure he works.

Its on this weekend, I guess no rick and tom? Heres PK's quote fixed for the tom aspect

And this weekend i will be relaxing on a c*** with another poll in one hand and a beer in another. Catching absoluteley nothing
because he's wearing a condom. Never said i was going to go down on tom sober.

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2009 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. Damn dude. That sucks so bad. lol

And it looks like it's gonna be a quiet day if it's just me and you. lol. Actual.. Work.. May..Get.. Done?!
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2009 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. Damn dude. That sucks so bad. lol

And it looks like it's gonna be a quiet day if it's just me and you. lol. Actual.. Work.. May..Get.. Done?!

I KNOW he didnt go fishing today, as it was POURING rain, so me wonders what he was doing in the mountains in a cabin

btw you didnt show, no biggie daredevil er nemesis the work I did wasnt party friendly
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2009 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Hey how come I wasn't invited. I'm not afraid of hard work. I embrace it with open arms.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
The black beast build thread turned into the My wife put the foot down and said I had to get rid of this fiero build thread
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Direct Link to This Post
thats not the stock distributor its a A-1 CARDONE Part # 301633
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Direct Link to This Post

hksteck84

149 posts
Member since Apr 2009
looks like you guys are having fun hope you don't find any bonus parts when your done.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
It has been fun, almost finished (maybe this weekend?) the engine/trans/etc is sitting on the cradle just waiting to be bolted up pretty much.
I have pics ill post sometime
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock