Started on: 03-03-2009 11:01 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: MstangsBware on 07-17-2010 10:35 PM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Time for an update---This is the update from last week---Not alot got done with all this white stuff everywhere. We got a record 12 inches on snow down here in Texas.

Snow Fiero:

Snow Fieros:

IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Now the update for this week--No pictures just a little on what I got done to keep the Thread going. Started off with swapping out the V-6 TB cable with a 88 4 banger TB cable I had laying around since they are a direct fit. Then moved onto connecting up the auto trans lines to the Fiero hard lines in the rear and while under the car added the negavtive battery cable. Then moved onto adding the rear calipers/rotors and hooking up the E-brake cables then followed up by bleeding the rear breaks. I started on mounting the electronic CC but was unsure how long the cable was for it so I stopped that project for now. Next I will be getting the exhaust ready to build and the cutting of the trunk if needed(which looks like it will need to be). The exhaust will use mandrel bends, a stock 3800 CAT and larger muffler to keep it nice an quiet for the owner. Will post up a few pics once I get the parts together for the exhaust and when something changed on the swap.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Update--Finally tracked down a low mileage STOCK 3800 CAT to use with building the exhaust for this car. So I now have all the part to build the exhaust and will be doing so in the next few days. It will consisit of 2.5 inch mandrel bends, stock 3800 CAT and large muffler to keep the car quiet the into some stock mega phone Fiero tips. The exhuast will require the lower trunk to be cut and then filled in. Will post pictures of the parts tomorrow once I get then downloaded onto my computer and uploaded to Photobucket. Had issue with old E-brake cables so a new set was purchased and will be getting changed out this week. Pictures of exhaust parts and build to come soon............
Componets to exxhaust build:

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 03-05-2010).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
This Thread hasn't been updated is sometime but this swap is complete. The swap was driven out to Cali this past week by myself and Automark on the Forum. The car did great the entire 1500 mile trip with no issues at all. I have some pictures to post of the trip along the way and will do so once they are downloaded.......

AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link with some pics from that trip with that BEAUTIFUL 3800!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081485.html
jmlloar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmlloarSend a Private Message to jmlloarDirect Link to This Post
What axle parts did you use for the tranny?
I'm doing the swap into an '85 SE manual (not 100% on keeping the manual, might use the auto from donor car)
Donor car is a complete low milage '93 Buick Park Ave Ultra with 3800SC and 4speed auto.
Will be keeping the obdi setup from donor car.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmlloar:

What axle parts did you use for the tranny?
I'm doing the swap into an '85 SE manual (not 100% on keeping the manual, might use the auto from donor car)
Donor car is a complete low milage '93 Buick Park Ave Ultra with 3800SC and 4speed auto.
Will be keeping the obdi setup from donor car.

The 93 used a differant trans so the axle setup I used will not work. Hit up search and you will find your answer...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock