Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fellow Fiero Owner Needs your help!! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fellow Fiero Owner Needs your help!! by Toddster
Started on: 05-27-2008 01:19 PM
Replies: 66
Last post by: 17Car on 08-12-2010 10:27 PM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Some of your might remember Steve Morehead (snmfx). Well, recently his gorgeous convertible Fiero GT prototype was stolen out of a locked storage area. If anyone knows ANYTHING please let Steve know at: snmfx@aim.com

The car was in Southern California and may still be in the area.

Here it is:

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 05-27-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kawana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
wow, as in the one and only (i think) convertible prototype.. that really sucks! Hope they find it...
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear that. It's going to be hard to hide this one.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
If they don't find it soon it might end up off shore. Hopefully it was just taken for a joyride and abandoned.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Start watching eBay and craigslist. Hopefully it's found undamaged.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avatarofhateSend a Private Message to avatarofhateDirect Link to This Post
hopefully it just stays in the US as most of our forum members are here, few and far are those in Canada. good luck on finding it.
Qcksilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QcksilverClick Here to visit Qcksilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to QcksilverDirect Link to This Post
I'll definately keep my eyes peeled for it. I live on the east coast but still will keep an eye out. Good luck to all. I hope it's found.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I just can't imagine anyone parting it out. It may be possible that it is out of the country or being used as a buck to replicate the conversion. I asked Steve for more details and will post them as soon as I get them.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
it'll be damn hard to miss that
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
Is this the car that sold at Barrett-Jackson?
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
not that it matters but i live just past the us/canada border up from california, so if they do cross over, it'll be around here. Ill keep my eyes peeled.
PFF
System Bot
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
its a shame... when they find the little s***t call me up and ill set an example.
good ol rocket launchers and hand grenades he he he he ha ha ha ha (evil laugh)
seriously i really hope ya find it cause there aint no way that id let anyone steal my car
even if it is a pos that barely runs id track them down and kill them. personally....
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ditkaphile:

Is this the car that sold at Barrett-Jackson?

No, he got this one a few years back in a private sale. I'm still waiting for more info but spread the word and keep an eye on Craig's list!
Trekker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerDirect Link to This Post
I'll keep my eyes open for it, I drive for AutoZone and go around the Coachella valley, up by Victorville and around the San Bernardino area. I'll call the cops FIRST and then follow them if I see it. ( Do you want them shot, or should I let the police handle it)?

[This message has been edited by Trekker (edited 05-28-2008).]

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
I'm putting this info on the FieroDomain front page.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post

Xanth

6886 posts
Member since May 2006
Any better pictures that can help someone positively identify the prototype car vs. a converted Fiero?
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Todd, you should mention this on the GGF Yahoo group so we Northern Cal guys can be on the lookout as well.

Kit

By the way, I took at least 10-12 pics of Steve's car when he was at San Diego/Westfest.
I can email em if someone needs them.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Don't think this is the same car but just in case:

http://losangeles.craigslis...v/car/697758428.html
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Don't think this is the same car but just in case:

http://losangeles.craigslis...v/car/697758428.html

That's not it but good eye!

Kit, yes email me the pics.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I saw that car in person and it was in PERFECT condition. My money says it was not a "profit" theft but more of a "Joy Ride" theft.
As Much as I like Fiero's, I still Know that they don't have much "value" even as a prototype.
I just don't think this was a high profile theft. This kind of car cant be sold on the the market for big bux as it is stolen.
Sad, but true the car will be found piece by piece sold as parts in show room condition.

SORRY for the loss, and I really hope the end to this story is good. I HATE theft as much as child molestation and hope that the thief's get there just due.

------------------

FieroBoy13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2008 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoy13Send a Private Message to FieroBoy13Direct Link to This Post
What a shame. To have a piece of history taken like that is just wrong. Makes you wonder if the thieves even no what they have in their hands. I'll be the first to say that if they do catch this bunghole, we as the Fiero community should gather together, pay a visit to our little friend and perform a little Fiero justice on the dude. Forget what Judge Wopner says.......Let's take justice into our own hands!

I for one will be keeping an extra eye(?) open for this beauty, ready to call the police if seen.

------------------
Member NORTHERN ILLINOIS FIERO ENTHUSIASTS
1986 Gold Fiero GT --"GoldRush"

PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2008 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Todd,

Was the yard it was stolen from equipped with a lock and/or did it have a security camera? I do not suppose such a beautiful car would be exposed outside in the elements. Therefore, if it was parked inside within a covered area, the ownership groups insurance company can be held liable for full value. It also smells of an inside job. Who else knew, besides Mr. Morehead, that the car was where it was? Were the police called? Just asking for updates.

Cordially,
Kevin
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I haven't got any replies to my emails to Steve. So I don't have any more info but if any of you see the car I'll keep bumping this thread for a while.
Acesurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AcesurferClick Here to visit Acesurfer's HomePageSend a Private Message to AcesurferDirect Link to This Post
posting it on the myspace fiero group pages.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
That sucks. I'll definately have my eyes open. He may want to alert they major auction companies like RM and Barrett-Jackson.

edit-posted to realfierotech.

[This message has been edited by WhiteDevil88 (edited 06-06-2008).]

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Say it isn't so...................damn!!! When did this happen? I just saw Steve last Saturday at the BBQ...................I hope they find the car in one piece and soon.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
here are some more pics:

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Here is the latest:

The car was stolen out of a locked parking facility in Marina Del Rey, CA
The car was NOT running at the time to it had to be towed!
It has Kentucky Plates (see pics above)
VIN: 1G2PG1195JP204061

Thanks for all who are keeping their eyes peeled
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Holly crap Steve..... That's bull dude... I'lll definitely keep my eyes out for it....

ONLY SIX OF THEM IN THE WORLD FROM THE FACTORY. I''M SURE IT WON'T BE THAT HARD TO FIND. HOPEFULLY IT DIDN'T GO TO A CHOP SHOP... EVEN IF IT DID THEY WOULD HAVE TO SELL IT BACK TO OUR CROWD TO GET ANY MONEY AND THAT'S WERE WE'LL POP THEM..

Sounds like someone had an eye on you. Only some people know what they have unless they are a little punk and thought they stole an exotic... Well you know what I mean.. Your car is rare.
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Holy cow, one of six in existance?
That's horrible to have it taken from you like that. I'll keep my eyes open around the area.
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
1G2PG1195JP204061

-- I now have this VIN plugged in to CA DMV using a KSR account through my dealership - if this VIN encounters ANY sort of paper trail, be it registration, salvage, export, etc... Iwill know imediatly, along with several other key bits of info..

I will know the second that law enforcement knows, if not sooner

No worries More Head, haha

------------------
Recanizin' Flat-Buns Since 2001

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Good job muh nizzle! I hope something pops up. That would be very satisfying.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chicken McNizzle:

1G2PG1195JP204061

-- I now have this VIN plugged in to CA DMV using a KSR account through my dealership - if this VIN encounters ANY sort of paper trail, be it registration, salvage, export, etc... Iwill know imediatly, along with several other key bits of info..

I will know the second that law enforcement knows, if not sooner

No worries More Head, haha

Outstanding! Email me or Steve if anything comes up.
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2008 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
nuthin yet

------------------
Recanizin' Flat-Buns Since 2001

Eric Nelson
Internet Sales Manager
Power Ford Valencia
nelsone@autonation.com

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
still nothing
blkpearl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
That's really a shame. It will certainly stand out if someone is driving it.

But it sounds like it was'nt running at the time of theft? It sounds more and more like this was organized and whomever had it planned and knew what they were doing.

Sorry to hear about this loss.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Someone gave Toddster and I a possible lead on this today. I sent Steve an email, but the phone number I have for him wasn't any good. If anyone has a good phone number for him, drop me a PM.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I've contacted the Santa Monica Detectives department and hopefully they can follow-up on it.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2008 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Toddster... the vin # is 1G2PG1195JP204061 for Steve's... maybe the police can drop buy the car for sale to ask some questions. Now they have some info on the one that was stolen.

Basically the car matches perfectly. The plate issue in Cali is VERY common. Stolen plates everywhere!!!
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
The Santa Monica Police are not helping. I did get a call back from a Detective Lambert but since the crime originated outside Santa Monica he doesn't give a damn that the stolen car is right outside he office window. Apparently the Marina Del Ray police will have to deal with it since the crime happened there.

Bureaucrats! **** 'em all.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock