Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fellow Fiero Owner Needs your help!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fellow Fiero Owner Needs your help!! by Toddster
Started on: 05-27-2008 01:19 PM
Replies: 66
Last post by: 17Car on 08-12-2010 10:27 PM
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Go and check it out yourself and then call the state police to check the vin.
Don't forget about the vin numaber under the drivers side speaker.
IP: Logged
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone,

It has been established that thei is the same car via vin numbers. Mr. Moorhead is in the middle of getting this car back and has been in contact with the police.

Pat

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072220.html

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 08-17-2008).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Its bafling how people at the DMV are such ignorant nazis when it comes to registering a car, but how no one cares when you find one that has been stolen.

With it being an 88, it would be near impossible just to change the Vin, starting in 87 they stickered EVERYTHING. You could pull them all off, but its a pain, and some are hard to get to.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Well, I hope Steve get's it back without too much trouble. He has documentation that the car is his and he should have some proof from the owner of the property that the car was illegally removed from that states that the tow truck driver was in now way given permission to access the parking lot.

What get's me is the BRASS this jag off showed in stealing a car off private property and listing it on Craig's List!
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
What's going on? I drew a blank with Santa Monica Police.
calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2008 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
Don and I wish you luck in prosecuting these bast@rds. Sorry about the theft.

Jane

[This message has been edited by calamityjane (edited 08-23-2008).]

calamityjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2008 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for calamityjaneSend a Private Message to calamityjaneDirect Link to This Post
Any news lately?

Jane
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
I have'nt heard from Steve so I think it is still in limbo.
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's gone legal.

I got an email from Steve and he is suing to get the car back. No details but at least the good news is that the car is not going anywhere until the lawsuit is litigated and Steve is pretty confident.

Heck, I would be too, my car gets stolen and I have to sue to get it back? Something is wrong with the system!
FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure I consider that "good news".

Good news would have been for the determination of who-wronged-who to be obvious enough that it would have been a criminal matter and not so wishy-washy as to require a civil lawsuit.

REALLY good news would have been for that determination to be SO painfully obvious they could have settled it out of court "like gentlemen".

Of course I don't know a darn thing about the law, so........
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
true,

But what amazes me is that the system si this screwed-up to begin with that would allow this thief to actually be smug enough to think he can get away with stealing a car off private property and sell it on Craig's list as if he wouldn't get caught! That has GOT to tell you that there are some serious loopholes in the system.
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Makes me wonder how many times he has pulled this before. The problem he ran into this time is the fact that the Fiero people are such a tight knit group. What other type of car has such a following that it would be found on Craigslist that quickly....and more importantly that NOBODY would touch the car because anyone that would be interested in that car already knows more about it's history than the person in possession of it.

I agree that the system is pretty screwed up when the police are forcing him to take matters into his own hands on this. One of two things will happen here....the worst is that Steve will lose and lose his car....the best is that Steve wins, gets his car back, and there are still no criminal charges against this guy so he is free to try it again on the next guy.
FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't sound like loopholes to me. It sounds like someone "made a mistake" and as far as the authorities are concerned, it wasn't "theft". If it was clearly theft, then criminal charges would have been raised against the owner of the towing company and the current (official) owner of the car. If Steve is having to resort to pursuing a civil suit then it's obvious that the police did not consider this a "theft".

So at that point, Steve's only recourse is to get a lawyer and sort through all the chaff to figure out if:

The towing company mistakenly took a car from an area that was supposed to be exempt from towing, or
The apartment complex mistakenly asked the tow co to remove a car that they should not have, or
Steve forgot to pay the storage fee, or
Steve's friend who lives in that complex forgot to pay the storage fee, or
Steve's friend forgot to call Steve and tell him about the note in his mail slot saying that the car had to go, or
Neither Steve or his friend noticed the neon warning "ABANDON - WILL BE TOWED" sign on the windshield that had been there for three months, or
Steve's friend moved out of that complex completely, or
or...
or...
or...

I know it's all speculative, but THAT'S what I'm worried about. Sorting through all that crap is probably what's going on.........

I usually don't get drawn into drama, but this one is like a soap opera!! I just gotta know how it turns out!!

Go Steve!!

[This message has been edited by FTF Engineering (edited 09-16-2008).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Kentucky Tags? I obviously need to go out back and check the stable.
Edited: Moral to the story, rgeister and title your cars in your name.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-16-2008).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FTF Engineering:

it's all speculative

FTF Engineering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringDirect Link to This Post
Haha! Yeah, I know... It's like trying to guess what's going to happen next week on your favorite show!

And the problem is that the people who really know what's going on probably aren't allowed to talk about it.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Just curious...Did the insurance company pay-off on the car? If they did, it's their car now. They should have asked for the title on pay out.

???
Bob
The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2008 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonDirect Link to This Post
????? Any more news?????
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Ikon:

????? Any more news?????

Litigation is pending... unfortunately, the wheels of justice sometimes seem square.

------------------
FierOmar

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Any final resolution on this car?
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
any updates on this car?
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
no news on this ride i dont guess?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
after reading all of that I would sure love to know what happened
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
i say we blame Lowlux for stealing it just cuz we can lol
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Keep this thread active, if possible. I REALLY want to how and when he gets this resolved. Thanks!
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
fierOmar sent me a email last night, he said that the fiero is now back with its rightful owner, he said that after court the owner got the car back, PLUS all legal fee's and some extra cash for his troubles.

sounds like it turned out ok at best.

hopefully the tow truck company got legal action taken against them.

matthew
17Car

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Yay, for a decent resolution, would hate to see anything happen to that car. The legal system is alot like our Fieros, alot of times it has problems and breaks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock