Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  A new spin on old 4.9 valve covers. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
A new spin on old 4.9 valve covers. by Rickady88GT
Started on: 02-14-2008 06:27 PM
Replies: 56
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 06-20-2010 01:21 PM
rdprowse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

PIP is not working, cant post pics

Thanks for trying Rickady88gt. I saw your 3.5 quad cam at the Westfest. Very nice. Really liked the power steering.
IP: Logged
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rdprowse:

Thanks for trying Rickady88gt. I saw your 3.5 quad cam at the Westfest. Very nice. Really liked the power steering.

Thanks, I will never own another manual rack Fiero again. The work put into it is WELL worth the payoff I have gotten back from the better steering.
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
Did you post the power steering install? I'd love to see that! I'm going to the ref " Hopefully for the last time! " Tuesday. I think I got him this time. Sweet!
I ground down the screw holes on my valve covers and primed them. Still have to drill the oil filler hole. They still don't look as good as yours but I'm not done yet.
Why did you sell the Caddy motor? Was it because of the 4 spd? I don't think 4speed Caddy is Cali. smog legal?
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rdprowse:

Did you post the power steering install? I'd love to see that! I'm going to the ref " Hopefully for the last time! " Tuesday. I think I got him this time. Sweet!
I ground down the screw holes on my valve covers and primed them. Still have to drill the oil filler hole. They still don't look as good as yours but I'm not done yet.
Why did you sell the Caddy motor? Was it because of the 4 spd? I don't think 4speed Caddy is Cali. smog legal?

This is the two threads I did on power steering conversions.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-1-044587.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/069722-8.html

and this is why I am selling the 4.9
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/090416.html

------------------

rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
Wow Just when I thought I'd seen it all. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Latest pics, the wiring harness is almost complete. Just a few more small things to finish up.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
No new progress. As you can tell by the dust, this has not been worked on for a while.

The pump mounted and the stock 4.9 belt is used. I notched the alt bracket so I can use the alt as a belt tensioner. I have about an inch of adjustment at the alt.

I used an A/C compressor from an early 4.5. Mine was damaged.
falcon_ca

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for falcon_caSend a Private Message to falcon_caDirect Link to This Post
Herre some pics of my valve covers

Like other I dont want to hide the rear cover behind wires or hoses.

------------------
""I'm not driving too fast, . . . I'm just flying too low."
Home of the Thestral Fiero
VirtualShowCar
4.9 ongoing project

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

Like other I dont want to hide the rear cover behind wires or hoses.

I love the little details in swaps. You have a clean one, that is a must for me. I just cant swap in an "ugly" engine. That is why I did the covers the way I did. But I decided not to swap the covers from bank to bank because the huge dent/blank spot on the left side. It just looks unfinished without the ribs all the way acros. I also hated the fuel lines going over the cover so I changed the fuel rail and water housing.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2009 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by falcon_ca:

Hmmm. Those look farmiliar. Here are mine from a year and a half ago... when they were still clean.

I think the black details really make the rest POP.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 05-15-2009).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I started the 4.9 one more time before it goes in.
I found one completely plugged injector and an injector plug with crossed and shorted wires. After cleaning the injectors and repairing the wires, the engine seems to run fine.

The weather might keep this on hold for a little while?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 12-10-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Just bead blasted, sprayed silver and aa few coats of clear on top
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Are you planning on some type of accent color? Filling in the V8 and topping the ribs might give it a little extra attention?
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2009 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Are you planning on some type of accent color? Filling in the V8 and topping the ribs might give it a little extra attention?

No, I am gonna keep em as they are. Sortta grows on ya. I like those with the red silver and black.
FieroFerrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFerrariSend a Private Message to FieroFerrariDirect Link to This Post
Hope to see more of this build soon. I want to build mine like this.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Very nice... Update..???

------------------

Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8 ~4T6OE
SmoothGT~II

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
Well the car has a lot of new parts.
Rotors, SS lines, S-10 booster, KYB's, custom progressive rate lowering springs that are stiffer than stock, full poly, ball joints, tie rod ends, Champion radiator, Rodney window relays and more that I just cant remember but I do remember that I had to replace the replacement water pump

Seems to run fine and the brakes are outstanding.
The V6 F body steering rack is better than the stock 88 rack but slower than the V8 F body rack.
I am wiring the Caddy gauge cluster for the code reader/clearer to get rid of the SES light.

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 06-20-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock