Started on: 07-13-2007 08:04 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 08-23-2010 04:57 PM
americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
ones for the car, ones for anything else u have cooked up. and also ones for lighting in your home or work center.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
bumper
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
Fierobsessed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2007 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Our theater has some elements lit by RGB LED array panels, When just the red is on, it looks like this:

And this is what we use to do it:
http://www.colorkinetics.com/ls/rgb/colorblast6/
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
bump, c'mon. i know there are nerds with fiero's here. hell, im one haha

[This message has been edited by americasfuture2k (edited 07-20-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
My project is still in the box...when it gets installed then I'll show it.

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
do u have any pre-finished/teaser pictures? or u going to post the whole process of zero to a lot of leds?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

do u have any pre-finished/teaser pictures? or u going to post the whole process of zero to a lot of leds?

Nope, no teaser pics, (not because I'm mean, but because I don't have any) But I have a cool led project waiting to be installed.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Working on a LED 3rd brake light in the wing. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000078.html

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-27-2009).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Here's my third brake light mod, hope this works- my very first youtube upload attempt...

americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Here's my third brake light mod, hope this works- my very first youtube upload attempt...

that is very nice man, howd u do that? one of those scrolling led belt buckels?

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

I took the scrolling LED off the back of the plate, which was very easy to do, and put it on the front of my third brake light using clear RTV silicone adhesive sealant. You just have to make sure you attach it right side up. I took pictures of what I did, but I can't seem to find them on my computer right now. It comes with a remote that you can program 3 different messages. I've had plenty of cops behind me and haven't had a problem yet... I suppose if someone was worried about it, they could install a switch to turn it off when they wanted to. Doing so doesn't erase any of the messages stored. You can also adjust the speed to 3 different settings.

I'm open to different messages if anyone has any suggestions.
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i was wanting to do a scrolling messege like that in my vette. have it say "wanna race?" or "try and keep up" where did u get that one from? it looks like it can used a lot easier than my belt buck one i had. haha, i got that one when i was drunk at the beach.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Ooops, sorry for forgetting the link....

http://www.perpetualkid.com...VIEWPROD&ProdID=1607

"Scrolling License Plate Flash Frames are an incredible new accessory for any car! Featuring a lighted, scrolling message display built into a license plate frame. Flash Frames allow you to express yourself while on the road or stuck in traffic. Simply create and enter up to 5 messages (up to 120 characters in length each) using the included wireless remote control. Then select from 3 different scroll speeds. The super-bright red LEDs ensure that your message is seen day or night. You can announce to everyone on the road that you're a fan of your sports team, advertise your business or tell the person behind you they don't know the first thing about safely operating a car! Change the statement as often as you change your mood!

Simply connect 2 wires (Power and Ground) to your vehicle's electrical system and you are ready to go! You can connect so that the Flash Frame is on whenever the ignition is on, or only comes on when you hit your brakes."

$39.99
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
ever seen any that u can program while on the road at a stop light? like program it through a car pc or plug in a key board?
InaneCathode

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InaneCathodeSend a Private Message to InaneCathodeDirect Link to This Post
Dont mean to start a flame war, and it is my opinion (yes it stinks) but that scrolling led brake light is the cheesiest/tackiest thing i've seen on a car in a long time.
No offense intended, but it offends my retinas :P
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InaneCathode:
Dont mean to start a flame war, and it is my opinion (yes it stinks) but that scrolling led brake light is the cheesiest/tackiest thing i've seen on a car in a long time.

Hahahahahahaaa! I knew you were new even before I looked at your post count! Look around a little, you'll see MUCH worser ideas. Is OK... I'm not offended. Here, these might help...

They match my car and are available for those who have sensitive retinas. Who knows, I may grow out of the quirky thing after awhile, and sell it on eBay. At least it's something that can be easily swapped back to original (I have the replacement on my desk) and it's one of those fun things that makes a caravan to a car show a little more interesting.

Hey! I just noticed something- this comment is coming from someone named "InaneCathode?" Hmmmmmm... Something tells me that you are a very interesting character... very interesting indeed... Welcome to the forum!
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
lmfao
InaneCathode

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InaneCathodeSend a Private Message to InaneCathodeDirect Link to This Post
Lol thank you. The interesting name belies a boring core i'm afraid, i'm planning to make my fiero into a 'nice' car. Maybe not the fastest, or the wildest, but little things. Custom interior, built engine, better suspension and braking, so forth.

No LEDs for me !
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
blah on incadescence. too much power draw. shorter battery life.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InaneCathode:

I've got one tackier, car peircings
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2007 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Those are all kool LED projects..............

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
i like the look of the eyebrow lights on the Audi cars so i asked how can i add eyebrow lights to the Fiero.
there is no easy way to do it with the stock Fiero headlight that i would like. so i seen some of Kris Munson's
headlights figured I could mount the LED strip lights in the flush mount recess bucket. and this is what i came
up with. the photos are not that great, it's hard to get a good pic when lights are shining in the camera.
i hope you get the jist of it. i still need to do some more tweaking.

close-up

thanks...

------------------

www.northtexasfieroclub.org

'88 GT Forsale

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Wing LED install here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000078.html

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-27-2009).]

Emc209i

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
^--WIN!

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

i like the look of the eyebrow lights on the Audi cars so i asked how can i add eyebrow lights to the Fiero.
there is no easy way to do it with the stock Fiero headlight that i would like. so i seen some of Kris Munson's
headlights figured I could mount the LED strip lights in the flush mount recess bucket. and this is what i came
up with. the photos are not that great, it's hard to get a good pic when lights are shining in the camera.
i hope you get the jist of it. i still need to do some more tweaking.

close-up

thanks...

That's pretty neat!

------------------

chrismclubm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Sweet Idea, truly innovative.

------------------
1986 GT Fiero Owner & Enthusiast
For Fiero updates, visit my site http://educatorstop15.com/fieropage.htm

Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
I used LED's to change my dashlight color to green. I have the non backlit, so I repainted all the orange in the cluster flourescent green, then placed a ring of green LED's around all the gauges. The dash is alot easier to see now with the combo of factory light and LED's. I lost most of i=the "dimming" capability, but I always had it all the way up anyways.
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

That's pretty neat!

here are a couple that blakeinspace took as we were heading back home from the Round-up.

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

------------------
1984 Fiero Sport
1987 Fiero
1984 Fiero SE
1999 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 LX LPG
*** nuclear winter cures global warming ***

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2009 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

Our theater has some elements lit by RGB LED array panels, When just the red is on, it looks like this:

And this is what we use to do it:
http://www.colorkinetics.com/ls/rgb/colorblast6/

Are you guys using DMX-512?
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
jscott, are you finished yet?

------------------
First LX9 Fiero GT, 1987 | My Fiero Fuel Economy | MPG Display for OBD I
Youtube Videos of My GT | 87 GT Inside Test Run | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 01
3500 Fiero GT Test Run 02 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 03 | 3500 Fiero GT Test Run 04
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem
Fiero's are people too. We pay just as much attention to them, if not more than our loved ones
screw paying those bastards. im not going to become rich by paying for things.....

Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Here's a link to my LED headliner. Note...don't do your sunroof hole the way I absentmindedly did mine...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/098828.html

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
my86fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my86fieroSend a Private Message to my86fieroDirect Link to This Post
rpro awsome idea

[This message has been edited by my86fiero (edited 06-11-2009).]

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post

That's awesome, Brocephus!
Brocephus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrocephusSend a Private Message to BrocephusDirect Link to This Post
Thankee!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock