Started on: 04-18-2010 12:45 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: SMTHGT on 04-26-2010 01:49 PM
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Vids and pics would be great! I have room for up to 18" glass packs on each side of the frame rail due to the length of the XTC rear end. My plan is to come out of the stock Deville outlet with a modified 45 to a "Y" pipe made from 2 - 90's mated together. From the Y it will go straight about 12 to 16" to another 90 then into the muffler and out the back in the stock XTC cutouts. I guess if it's too loud, I can go back and add a short race muffler at the Y to the 90. It's all an experiment.

Pat

Sounds like a good plan. Your probably going to run into an issue with the length of your glass packs but I'm not farmiliar with the XTC and where its cutouts are. I used dual 12"x 2.25" IDx 3.5" OD louvered glass packs (slightly quieter and less performance then perforated) and was very happy I didn't go with something longer. My "Y" pipe has a 2.5" inlet and dual 2.25" outlets which go into dual 2.125 ID pipes, and after the mufflers into single outlet 2.25 inlet 3" outlet tips. With dual 12" running off the "Y" there is just enough room before the bend towards the tips on the passenger side. Because of where the deville manifold outlet sits in the car, slightly off center, there was no way to go longer for me. Maybe on the drivers side but deffinately on the passenger side. I have no doubt you can handle this minor issue. I saw your "Y" pipe in the XTC thread. You did a fantastic job on it! I sure can't weld that good!

Its louder, but not too loud (still within legal noise limits). It really only gets noisy above 3200 RPM. Which is above where I would normally shift on the street. May not be the best setup for a daily driver or FWY cruiser because of the drone of constant RPM's but for a weekend driver or toy its perfect IMO. I like to make a little noise when I'm out for a trip through the twisties. The heads turn before they see the car now!

I'll have to post the pics tonight. My current exhaust system is very close to what you are describing. With any luck I will be posting pics of the new injectors anyways. They're suppose to show up today.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 04-26-2010).]

IP: Logged
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:
Looks like 4.9s are going to take over the round up.

Steve, I ended up w/ the 4.9GT that you passed on in Oklahoma...

yeah, I wont be making it this year with mine, but will be there next year... Car runs great, but with no interior, I am just going to take my time on it until I go back to 1st shift in July... I cant wait...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave