Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest. (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest. by blackrams
Started on: 07-21-2009 11:05 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: blackrams on 08-18-2009 08:16 AM
anonymity

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
it has been a rough week. I started truck driving school and I am going for the CDL permit test today.

I think a visit with some friends is just what the doctor ordered.

all seven (million) of us are excited to be heading down to Kentucky.

Joey

ps.. VR6 Fiero is awesome with the new tune!
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anonymity:

it has been a rough week. I started truck driving school and I am going for the CDL permit test today.

I think a visit with some friends is just what the doctor ordered.

all seven (million) of us are excited to be heading down to Kentucky.

Joey

ps.. VR6 Fiero is awesome with the new tune!

Woo Hoo!!!! That's great!!! But, do you really need a CDL for the size vehicle you're driving?

Ron
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Joey passed her CDL permit test and has all the endorsements as well. She doesn't need the CDL for her F350, but she hopes to be driving tractor trailers in the near future.
Dave
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

Joey passed her CDL permit test and has all the endorsements as well. She doesn't need the CDL for her F350, but she hopes to be driving tractor trailers in the near future.
Dave

Why do I have that Willie Nelson song (On the Road Again) running through my head now?
Becareful, the next thing you'll know, she'll be down on the farm driving John Stricker's semi during harvest.

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing Joey and the kids Saturday morning. Been busting my butt trying to get stuff ready.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31843 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Dave

Why is it I have that Willie Nelson song, On the road again running through my head?
Next thing we'll hear is Joey is out in KS driving one of John Stricker's semi's and helping out with harvest.

Looking forward to finally meeting you and seeing Joey and the kids again.
Been busting my butt trying to get everything ready for Saturday. See you then. Off to work again.

Ron
anonymity

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
Today is the big day! We are getting the truck detailed this morning and Dave will be washing the VR6. Then come home and gather all the little people. Pack the cooler and snacks, pillows, blankets, etc....and head on our way. We will be heading out around 7pm.

Joey

ps: hope you are ready Ron!

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Joey - your family is easy to host. Your little tribe is well behaved and nicely mannered. Safe travels!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I am planning to be there around 8am and have a must depart time of 2pm - (daughter's 1 year birthday party starts at 4pm).

I might or might not bring my SBC fiero - all depends on time this evening. Either way, I am planning to bring the SBC/F40/Tubular cradle mock up so I can use Ron's now engineless chassis to check some clearances. Once done, I will also try to get the engine less chassis mounted on the rotisserie
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anonymity:

This is the exact order of the expressions on people's faces too!
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Still planning on being there, all depends on one thing, I MUST find one part for my Land Rover. Alternator died this morning- capacitor blew up, and no one has either the alternator or the capacitor. I may just rob one off my Range Rover and make it work for the weekend. I am planning on leaving Memphis around 4:30 to 5:00 am, which would mean I should be there around 1:00ish. Depends if I have any trouble out of this truck on the way up there. I hate this truck... time for a new car, again.
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
We are all loaded and ready to go. We'll be heading out around 7pm tonight, so we'll see you for breakfast.

Dave

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I love it when a plan comes together.

Ron
kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
If things go right in the morning, Ron, we'll be heading out to your place. I won't be bringing the Z24 convertible though, gotta take it in Monday to have some work done.

Now for anyone else that is coming.......who's taking me for a ride in some of those modified Fiero's? Especially the 3.8 SC cars

Joey, can't wait to see your car in person. Showed the wife and she really likes it too.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 08-14-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

If things go right in the morning, Ron, we'll be heading out to your place. I won't be bringing the Z24 convertible though, gotta take it in Monday to have some work done.

Now for anyone else that is coming.......who's taking me for a ride in some of those modified Fiero's? Especially the 3.8 SC cars

Joey, can't wait to see your car in person. Showed the wife and she really likes it too.

Dang, I knew I forgot something. Sorry, mine's out of action. Spending all my time and money trying to finish another project started a couple of years ago. You'll see it when you get here but, the 3800SC is just gathering dust. My bad.

Ron
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

You'll see it when you get here but, the 3800SC is just gathering dust. My bad.

Ron

Collecting dust?! How could you just let it sit there? It's been begging to be driven. Thats alright, I'll just over it.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
It's 9am here and can't get the girls moving!!!!!!! ARRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! They're going to make us late!!! Women....[shakes head]

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 08-15-2009).]

RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
I was driving (in the '85) back from Louisville last night on I-65. I thought there was a lot of traffic heading south, now I know why! LOL

I practically had the road to myself driving north, much of the time, but southbound was a solid line of traffic.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd
1956 Ford 860 Tractor w/ Freeman Loader
20Ft Tilt Bed Trailer

[This message has been edited by RickN (edited 08-15-2009).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
I've got pics waiting to be posted, Ron. Just tell me where to put them. Dave, I will send "the one" photo to you in the PM. I'll let you or Joey post it if you want.

Where were the rest of you at? There were some nice rides there.

Dave, again, you did an awesome job on your wifes car. It was a blast to ride in it and I can imagine whats it's like to drive it everyday.

Ron, I want your garage.

I forgot to get a pic of the pos marks left in your driveway by the VR6 Fiero.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

I've got pics waiting to be posted, Ron. Just tell me where to put them. Dave, I will send "the one" photo to you in the PM. I'll let you or Joey post it if you want.

Paul,
Post away! BTW, thanks for coming. Hope you got enough to eat.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-15-2009).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
The official "Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest" pics.......

Don't know who's this was, but it was pretty sweet. \/ \/ \/

Got this as he was leaving. I overheard someone saying it had a 4.9. Sounded good

Fieros basking in the sun....

Sorry that my camera messed up, but I got a pic of the engine bay. This car had a nice set of wheels and was in primer.

Hey, we had a Ferrari show up.......just kidding. Sweet rebody none the less.

This is a friend of Ron's......wait, you got friends, Ron?
Pantera rebody \/ \/ \/

LT1 powered.....

Ok, this is too funny not to post.....

Edit to add this pic. Don't know how I forgot to download it to Fiero Domain

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 08-16-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Ok, this is too funny not to post.....

Dave, a super nice guy. Joey, just plain nuts.

Ron
PFF
System Bot
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Folks,
Despite the blistering heat of a Kentucky afternoon in August, we had a really nice Fiero Meet at Ron's Shop.

One thing I want to tell anyone reading this, is that the VR6 from New Jersey is the powertrain for any Fiero.

I was flat out amazed.

I've ridden or watched every powertrain combo since the Fiero was made by GM and modified by folks such as us.

This one combo has the MAGIC.

You must consider things such as power to weight ratios, torque curves, hp curves, parts availabllity...whatever.

But believe me, this guy has found the 2009+ powertrain for your Fiero.

Don't care if it's a ragged out beater-sleeper with a big motor like Blackrams (Ron) drives...or a nifty rebody like the outstanding Ferrari rebody that we all got to see.....this powertrain eclipses anything seen yet.

Guess I'll get off the soapbox and start saving my coin. I need one of these.

BTW Ron, I can't wait for the next meet.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Joey, just plain nuts.

Ron

Yeah, you better get all of the jabs in now. You know she's not home yet.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, you better get all of the jabs in now. You know she's not home yet.

What? Who me? Never.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31843 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by opm2000:
Don't care if it's a ragged out beater-sleeper with a big motor like Blackrams (Ron) drives....

David Breeze

Who's got the big motor?

LT1 powered.....

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-16-2009).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

I was flat out amazed.

Yup. Gotta agree here.

Don't care if it's a ragged out beater-sleeper with a big motor like Blackrams (Ron) drives.

I don't care who you are, that there's funny. Hey, since the lying contest is over, does this mean he's tellin' the truth? Well, Ron........

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 08-15-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

I don't care who you are, that there's funny. Hey, since the lying contest is over, does this mean he's tellin' the truth? Well, Ron........

Well, I guess everyone has an opinion. {{{{Shrugg}}}}

Ron
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
We just made it home and we had a great time. It was great meeting all of you. and yes, that pic is funny. I'll post up the pics I took later after we get some sleep.
Dave
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

We just made it home and we had a great time. It was great meeting all of you. and yes, that pic is funny. I'll post up the pics I took later after we get some sleep.
Dave

It was great having you and the family. The car is a work of art. One of the slickest and neatest installations I've ever seen. The paint is incredible. After riding with Joey in it, all I could do was quote Will Smith in that movie Independence Day, "I got to get me one of these!" It was that much fun. Though, I'm going to have to visit the doctor, my heart still hasn't slowed down.

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
There were a couple of other cars that I took pics of, but they didn't show up when I downloaded them. My camera has been acting up for a while, but I did take a pic of the white Fomula with t-tops and the primered Fiero sitting in your driveway. Maybe Dave got more pics then I did.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
It was a fun day and I wish I could have stayed longer... It was good to see the regulars and meet Dave & Joey. The VR6 fiero was very cool!

I was fieroless this time, but did bring and test fit a future fiero SBC/F40/tubular cradle combo in Ron's pantero project:

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 08-16-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I have to admit I was impressed with Paul's tubular cradle. Fit perfectly.

Though a fairly snug fit, that V8/F40 combo is gonna fit right in there without having to cut anything. That's gonna be slick.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-16-2009).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
My camera acted up a bit too. I only was able to see a few of the videos I took and the majority of the pics I took came out looking like this:

I guess this means that I have to get a new camera and come back again next year. It sucks because I did get a few nice shots of the cars in the front that I would like to add to my photo album. I'll have to borrow the others posted. There were a lot of nice cars there and I was glad to see that there still is a good following for our little cars. It was a great turnout and a great day.

Once again it was great seeing you all and Ron, thank you for being a great host. (just tally up all the damages from my kids and send me the bill) Hopefully the tire marks from Joey testing her LSD will eventually come out of your driveway.
Here are some pics that did come out....

Me and Joey

Sunset

Backyard

Joey passed out

Joey on Ron's bike

Joey and Ron....I believe Ron is trying to escape from Joey's driving in this one.

[This message has been edited by bmwguru (edited 08-16-2009).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

bmwguru

4692 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Here is the pic that Paul took and wasn't sure if it was acceptable to post due to the nature of the pic. I didn't see any nudity, so I figured "why not?"

Dave

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Here is the pic that Paul took and wasn't sure if it was acceptable to post due to the nature of the pic. I didn't see any nudity, so I figured "why not?"

Dave

Hey, now, I said that due to the comments in the past for her "signiture" photos, I wouldn't post it, but if you didn't worry about what someone else said, go for it. I didn't know if you wanted it posted so I sent it to you for your archives. Now if you felt comfortable, then by all means post away. I've never had a problem with the "signiture" pics. I have family in MO that do the same thing, so to me it's not taken offensive.
Ge-ero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ge-ero1Send a Private Message to Ge-ero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

It was a fun day and I wish I could have stayed longer... It was good to see the regulars and meet Dave & Joey. The VR6 fiero was very cool!

I was fieroless this time, but did bring and test fit a future fiero SBC/F40/tubular cradle combo in Ron's pantero project:

Hey, I missed that! Oh that's right, my wife poked around all day so we didn't get there till 4:00.
I'll leave her next time,lol.BTW thanks Ron for the invite.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

There were a couple of other cars that I took pics of, but they didn't show up when I downloaded them. My camera has been acting up for a while, but I did take a pic of the white Fomula with t-tops and the primered Fiero sitting in your driveway. Maybe Dave got more pics then I did.

You would lose the pic of the 88 T Top. Another one of my beaters.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31843 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by Ge-ero1:
Hey, I missed that! Oh that's right, my wife poked around all day so we didn't get there till 4:00.
I'll leave her next time,lol.BTW thanks Ron for the invite.

George,
The wife issue, sorry, I can't help. But, it was great meeting you and the Mrs. I always enjoy meeting new Fiero folks, one of the reasons I do this.

Ron
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

You would lose the pic of the 88 T Top. Another one of my beaters.

Ron

So the red one sitting in the front drive, the red one sitting at the front of the house, the white t-top and silver fastback, were all your's? Can I barrow the t-top for the weekend? Scratch that.....I want the SC car in the garage. Just kidding of course. Nice fleet by the way.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 08-16-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

So the red one sitting in the front drive, the red one sitting at the front of the house, the white t-top and silver fastback, were all your's? Can I barrow the t-top for the weekend? Scratch that.....I want the SC car in the garage. Just kidding of course. Nice fleet by the way.

Paul,
You only saw about half of the fleet. You'll have to come back when they are all here.

Ron
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock