Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest. by blackrams
Started on: 07-21-2009 11:05 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: blackrams on 08-18-2009 08:16 AM
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Just a bump, got some time off, now just need to get my lazy self up there

Maybe you could drop that 87 GT off here as you pass by Chris.
IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by opm2000:

Ron,
Per your request, the fix is in for the grill. As discussed, I'll supply it with the gas...just hope you have enough "fixins" for all.

David Breeze

I sincerley appreciate that Dave.

For those that don't know, I just became aware that my Commercial Char-Broil Grill needs a new burner and manifold. Went to purchase the needed items and found out that it takes two to three weeks to get replacement parts. Thusly, OPM2000 to the rescue. Now I've just gotta come up with sufficient road kill.

Ron
anonymity

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
just a friendly bump...
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anonymity:

just a friendly bump...

Hey, shouldn't Dave be the one bumping this since he's the table dancer?

Ron
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
do I need to be dressed in drag for this?
Dave
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

do I need to be dressed in drag for this?
Dave

Dave,
I would never suggest anything like that, you should be comfortable, however you like to dress. Though I would remind you that there may be cameras present, I'm sure that none of your friends would ever try to embarass you with any pictures here on the forum.

Ron
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Dave,
I would never suggest anything like that, you should be comfortable, however you like to dress. Though I would remind you that there may be cameras present, I'm sure that none of your friends would ever try to embarass you with any pictures here on the forum.

Ron

none of his friends would, but his wife sure will.

Two weeks to go, and the VR6 is still apart and nowhere near ready.

Joey

------------------
1986 SE powered by a Volkswagen VR6. Buck Wild!

www.hausofguru.com

kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Two weeks to go, and the VR6 is still apart and nowhere near ready.

Joey

I guess that means "chop, chop", Dave. You need to get on it. I wan't to see this car.....gotta get some pics of that paint.

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 08-01-2009).]

anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:

I guess that means "chop, chop", Dave. You need to get on it. I wan't to see this car.....gotta get some pics of that paint.

Dave will have it ready...

I may not see much of him for the next two weeks...

But he will definitely have it ready...

Or else...

Joey
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
How is it that you wife-types can make us husband-types to anything you want? Hmm? I have a half-finished 3800 swap, and I'm spending my weekends cutting tile for a new bathroom.. *sigh*

Oh well, I can work on the car more when the kids are off to college / jail.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:
Oh well, I can work on the car more when the kids are off to college / jail.

Jail????
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

It does not look very good for me making it to your location next week even if I have a guaranteed winner in the contest. I may need to be at my mother's house to do some small renovations for her.

Nelson
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Ron,

It does not look very good for me making it to your location next week even if I have a guaranteed winner in the contest. I may need to be at my mother's house to do some small renovations for her.

Nelson

Nelson,
Well, I'm still hopeful you'll make it. The Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest is on the 15th of August, that's still a couple of weeks away. But, if you don't make it, we've got several good photo shoppers in the group, you may still win that Table Dancing Contest. Be sure to bring plenty of Sun Screen to cover those exposed parts of the body.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-10-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
I just learned last night that we'll have another rebody coming, it seems we have a local guy, new to Fieros that just bought a Ferrari rebody and he'll be here also.

Nelson, I'm thinking you ought to be here.

Ron
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ron, is there room or a place to put up our 2 person tent for the night? Oh yeah, can we bring our dog?

[This message has been edited by Taijiguy (edited 08-04-2009).]

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
Ron - I am out for this. The boss man decided to pay for a transporter to take the cars to VA for us instead of forcing us to drive them. Best wishes for a fun event, though, and I'm sorry I wont make it.

Cheers,
Rich
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

Hey Ron, is there room or a place to put up our 2 person tent for the night? Oh yeah, can we bring our dog?

Hadn't considered anyone camping out, the house is already going to be full but we'll work something out. The dog, hell yeah, as long as all the dogs get along, why not.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31843 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by sabooo:

Ron - I am out for this. The boss man decided to pay for a transporter to take the cars to VA for us instead of forcing us to drive them. Best wishes for a fun event, though, and I'm sorry I wont make it.

Cheers,
Rich

Rich,
Sorry to hear that but, maybe next year.

Ron
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post

Hadn't considered anyone camping out, the house is already going to be full but we'll work something out. The dog, hell yeah, as long as all the dogs get along, why not.

Ron

It's a two person backpacking tent, so not a big footprint. Just a flat area to put it up. Dunno about the other dogs, but Hamish is just a big love-head. His only problem is he wants to hump every dog he meets. LOL I just let him get his ass kicked by the other dog if he needs it and he figures it out.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:
Hamish is just a big love-head. His only problem is he wants to hump every dog he meets. LOL I just let him get his ass kicked by the other dog if he needs it and he figures it out.

Well, that could be interesting, Jake, (my dog) is a rather large (140 lbs) Bullmastiff and Rudy (the wife's dog) is a cross between a Boxer and a Great White Pyrenees (110 lbs), both are male, Jake still has all his parts, Rudy wasn't so lucky but, Rudy is by far the most agressive.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-04-2009).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here's Jake (Ron's dog) with my son, Matt. This picture does not really show just how big Jake is, but it helps to realize that Matt is about 6'2" so he is not small either.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2009 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Here's Jake (Ron's dog) with my son, Matt. This picture does not really show just how big Jake is, but it helps to realize that Matt is about 6'2" so he is not small either.

Great Pic, thanks for posting that. I do hope you and Matt are coming still. Bringing Jennifer with ya also?

Ron
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

It will be just us seven this year with the VR6. The kids are all excited about the road trip. Some of them remember the last time we stopped in Kentucky.

Joey

ps....make sure you have rope to round them all up.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Ron,

It will be just us seven this year with the VR6. The kids are all excited about the road trip. Some of them remember the last time we stopped in Kentucky.

Joey

ps....make sure you have rope to round them all up.

We don't need no stink'n rope, we've got Jake and Rudy.

Ron

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder, if you need directions, PM, email or call me.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Bump back to the top, been working hard to get everything ready for this. I must be getting old. Or lazy.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-09-2009).]

kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

Please send the info on how to get there via PM or email. Thanks
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Ron,

Check yer PMs

Ron
Ge-ero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ge-ero1Send a Private Message to Ge-ero1Direct Link to This Post

Ron,

x2
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ge-ero1:

x2

Check you PMs, as it says on AOL, you've got mail.

Note, those that aren't driving Fieros are required to park away from the festivities.
You can still come and eat but, the driveways are reserved for Fieroholics.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-10-2009).]

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
Got the VR6 all back together except for one small detail......
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077099.html
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Got the VR6 all back together except for one small detail......
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077099.html

Well, that sucks. The obvious question is, what does this mean for the Bluegrass Fieros Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest?

Ron

bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
I got the car all back together. We'll be there
Dave
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

I got the car all back together. We'll be there
Dave

Excellent!

As you can see, I'm surrounded by smili'n folks. We're anxious to see this ride.

:
Ron
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
Ok Ron. My wife has a little discussion to have with you. I told her you would not haul my broken Fiero to the gathering, so I had to buy one that runs (can not come to a Fiero thing without a Fiero). She understands it is your fault and not mine that we will have no money to eat for the next month.

Gene
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scrabblegod:

Ok Ron. My wife has a little discussion to have with you. I told her you would not haul my broken Fiero to the gathering, so I had to buy one that runs (can not come to a Fiero thing without a Fiero). She understands it is your fault and not mine that we will have no money to eat for the next month.

Gene

Dang, I've been used as the scape goat before but never in this way. OK, I'll handle it, I've got your six but, remember Saturday is the Lier's Contest so anything I say must be considered in the spirit of competition. You may wish you had never gone this route.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-11-2009).]

Ge-ero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ge-ero1Send a Private Message to Ge-ero1Direct Link to This Post

Check you PMs, as it says on AOL, you've got mail.

Note, those that aren't driving Fieros are required to park away from the festivities.
You can still come and eat but, the driveways are reserved for Fieroholics.

Ron

thanx for directions.Our 85 has an intake leak that I don't have time to fix so I'll be parking around the corner(unless I can hitch a ride from someone in louisville).Sorry for driving a truck to a fiero gathering but I can't miss this one.You all can dog me out later.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Still planning to be there. Sold my Fiero today, and got some interest on my Land Rover, possibly sold. May have to rent a car to make it up there unless I can get the Cressida together in time. Hopefully I'll see y'all this weekend, work is getting busy
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Still planning to be there. Sold my Fiero today, and got some interest on my Land Rover, possibly sold. May have to rent a car to make it up there unless I can get the Cressida together in time. Hopefully I'll see y'all this weekend, work is getting busy

Check your email, sent you a power point map I drew up. Of course, to use it, you're gonna have to find your way to Frankfort, KY.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31843 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Anyone needing a map needs to let me know soon, I've sent out several already but as the event draws closer, I'm spending more time in preparation and less time checking this thread. I have drawn a map and can email to you in either a power point slide presentation of as a pdf file or, both. So far attendance RSVP is looking pretty good, now everyone better show up or I'll end up with left over burgers, dogs and brats for several weeks. Don't worry they aren't going on the grill till you show up.

I'll fire up the grill and start cooking around 1:00 to 1:30 PM and grill till folks don't come back for seconds, after that, it's grill your own.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 08-12-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock