Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Guaging interest: LED light panels for Fiero tail lights. (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Guaging interest: LED light panels for Fiero tail lights. by Synthesis
Started on: 01-12-2008 01:40 AM
Replies: 82
Last post by: Synthesis on 10-09-2009 08:39 AM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Any progress on this.... i really love the idea of this mod but would wanna do it just for myself and possibly using pre existing leds ( like the round ones on the back of busses but smaller) any new info or anything you could share on this subject?
Ryan

I decided not to make this a viable product... Sadly, the panels would cost about 450 bucks for both sides if I produced them.

As for the truck lights, many of those will work for this. They have three wires. Park light/Brake Light and Ground.
They use a resistor for the park lamps rather than a PWM module. They will work, but you may have issues with it down the road.

All you can do is try.
IP: Logged
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I just see it at labor intensive if you did make them you would take forever. But hey they are great.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

I just see it at labor intensive if you did make them you would take forever. But hey they are great.

I can get them manufactured for me, with minimal labor on my part by using a CNC board etcher/cutter/driller and a CNC parts placer...

Just would not have a market big enough to make it cost effective.

On that note, we are going into Winter up here. I want to see how my lights do in the cold weather up here in Minnesota.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock