Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  advanced propulsion (Page 13)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
advanced propulsion by engine man
Started on: 01-07-2009 12:53 AM
Replies: 489
Last post by: JRP3 on 02-20-2009 07:31 PM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
got those motors today look like new
IP: Logged
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Well i have been saving for machine work that needs to be done on my EV but the good news is that the Batteries that will be needed to run a car and are light enough and powerfull enough to cary you a distance and can be charged fast they are coming down on price as the price wars begin on Ebay there Li-Ion polymer batteries
JRP3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JRP3Click Here to visit JRP3's HomePageSend a Private Message to JRP3Direct Link to This Post
Do you have a link to any specific batteries on Ebay? I haven't seen any EV sized cells that are dropping in price.
toddshotrods

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
Me either, I went to look after reading engine man's post but didn't see anything. I forgot to come back and ask...
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Just a guess, I'd imagine he's planning to build his own pack out of something like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-11-1...A1318|301%3A0|293%3A 1|294%3A50

-Paul
JRP3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JRP3Click Here to visit JRP3's HomePageSend a Private Message to JRP3Direct Link to This Post
I hope not since he'd need about 650 cells for his 240 volt pack. I assume he's talking about large format prismatics, which I have not seen for a low price on ebay.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JRP3:

I hope not since he'd need about 650 cells for his 240 volt pack. I assume he's talking about large format prismatics, which I have not seen for a low price on ebay.

I have an account with some bulk suppliers, and got this quote, in case any of you are interested:

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your inquiry to our company.

The best price for this 72V/80AH LI-ION battery pack is USD $3200.00.

Our 3.7V/100AH polymer battery is very hot selling now, we have agent in Poland.

If you have any interest, please feel free let me know.

The bulk buy of course brings the price per unit down, but that's what I got for one.
And here's what they can supply:

1) 24V/12Ah: 85 x 105 x 225mm, 3.2kg
2) 36V/18Ah: 85 x 145 x 305mm, 6.8kg
3) 24V/18Ah: 85 x 145 x 225mm, 5.0kg
4) 36V/15Ah: 85 x 125 x 305mm, 5.8kg
5) 24V/15Ah: 85 x 125 x 225mm, 4.0kg

Currently we can customize all li-ion EV battery packs, such as 7.4V---72V, capacity
at 6Ah, 8Ah, 10Ah, 12Ah, 15Ah, 18Ah, 20Ah, 40Ah, 60Ah and 100Ah, 150Ah, 200Ah,etc battery packs.

All battery packs are assembled with high quality Battery Management System (BMS).
JRP3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JRP3Click Here to visit JRP3's HomePageSend a Private Message to JRP3Direct Link to This Post
Interesting, who's the manufacturer, which chemistry? If that price includes the BMS, (depending on what the BMS actually does), that's a pretty good price at $.56/Wh, TS runs around $.50/Wh not including BMS, Sky Energy may be at $.35/Wh not including the BMS, so that might be a game changer. http://skyenergy.en.alibaba.com/
www.diyelectriccar.com/foru...o-0-35-26535p18.html
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2009 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JRP3:

Interesting, who's the manufacturer, which chemistry? If that price includes the BMS, (depending on what the BMS actually does), that's a pretty good price at $.56/Wh, TS runs around $.50/Wh not including BMS, Sky Energy may be at $.35/Wh not including the BMS, so that might be a game changer. http://skyenergy.en.alibaba.com/
www.diyelectriccar.com/foru...o-0-35-26535p18.html

Hehe... I'm not tellin... neener neener neener!

Just kiddin. I signed up at http://www.alibaba.com/ when I was getting quotes for my radiator-less design, and found that most of the wholesale prices there are at least a bit cheaper than anyone else. The company I got that quote from is GBP Batteries, run by Ellen Jiang...
Anyhoo, she's really quick to return responses, and gave me a full price breakdown on their smaller packs, in case someone wanted to build a custom pack, like one that would fill in the gas tank hump, etc... I think would provide great weight distribution...
-Paul
JRP3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JRP3Click Here to visit JRP3's HomePageSend a Private Message to JRP3Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Hehe... I'm not tellin... neener neener neener!

Just kiddin. I signed up at http://www.alibaba.com/ when I was getting quotes for my radiator-less design, and found that most of the wholesale prices there are at least a bit cheaper than anyone else. The company I got that quote from is GBP Batteries, run by Ellen Jiang...
Anyhoo, she's really quick to return responses, and gave me a full price breakdown on their smaller packs, in case someone wanted to build a custom pack, like one that would fill in the gas tank hump, etc... I think would provide great weight distribution...
-Paul

Hmmm, a super hot young chick running a battery company, or a nice photo to keep all of us horny EV builders off balance and willing to pay more? Either way it's a good plan The gas tank tunnel will only hold about half of my 108 volt 100 ah pack, the rest will probably go low in the front of the engine bay. The GBP battery is about an inch taller than the Thundersky battery, which means they'll hang down out of the tunnel further. Considering how low the Fiero is anyway that might be a problem, I'd hate to scrape my battery pack on the ground.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock