Started on: 12-13-2008 12:01 PM
Replies: 109
Last post by: Saxman on 01-24-2009 12:42 AM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
bumbitybumpbump
IP: Logged
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MarineFiero:
And I need to get Saxman back his favorite screwdriver anyways.

Hey -my extra large oil pan is missing, too. Can you bring that if it's there?
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
lol, yea, that give u time to fix that, and gives me time to get the suspention stuff on mine done... i just ordered everything i need today (minus the springs, but ill more then likely have a forum member ship me a set on thursday), and found of our shops that i deal w/ at work is gona let me use one of their bays for a bit.

Don't forget to plan some time for an alignment, too. You don't want to wear out your tires on the trip down here!
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

but ill more then likely have a forum member ship me a set on thursday)

MDFierolvr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
I wish I was gonna be in town, but classes start first full week of Jan. I am gonna be home from Dec. 29th - Jan. 2nd.

Its really to bad, I know Sax has been chomping at the bit to see my lady friends again.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I'll meet you and your girl on the 2nd! Or - you can just send more photos
MDFierolvr

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MDFierolvrSend a Private Message to MDFierolvrDirect Link to This Post
Pre meet roundup? Hooters? Waldorf?

If those three criteria are met, I feel I may be able to make room in my schedule
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
OK whats the scoop??? Hooked / Sax can we set a date and place soon? Let's do something - even if it's wrong!
Steve
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

lol... by ship i mean have your wife bring them to me special delivery lol
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

lol... by ship i mean have your wife bring them to me special delivery lol

Yeah, she's good like that. I figured she will be passing right by you...might as well put the shipping money in her gas tank....and she's much faster than FedEx...lol
Dave
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
lol, its all good, i dont blame ya, and im litterly like right off 95 both home and work, so its not really "out of the way"

so whats this i hear about her not letting you turbo the vr6?
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008

Originally posted by Saxman:

Don't forget to plan some time for an alignment, too. You don't want to wear out your tires on the trip down here!

they dont do alignments at the shop that ima be doing the work at, but i know the guys at the merchants right behind my work, and the goodyear/mr tire right across the street, so that wont be an issue, also gona get some new (used) tires put on it, since the current ones have some dryrotting
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008
i can do the 10th, but i gota work so i couldnt get there till like 4, the 11th im 100% open
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm with Hooked - I say let's do this for either lunch or dinner on Sunday the 11th. Location to be determined soon. Who else is in?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
i say lunch the 11th... gives us time to possibly get sobar before we would have to drive home.... or a chance do get drunk a 2nd time at dinner? :X
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

lol, its all good, i dont blame ya, and im litterly like right off 95 both home and work, so its not really "out of the way"

so whats this i hear about her not letting you turbo the vr6?

naw, she can have a turbo if she wants....I just don't want her to take the VR6 to Louisiana. It is getting a suede headliner installed this weekend. Also, the LSD and snow make for a hard drive, so I feel better about her driving the Benz which has traction control, and multiple air bags.
Dave
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I'm down with a lunch. When and where? If we're gonna do beers with lunch.. I gotta have wings too. So let's keep that in mind.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Need to deliver my daughter back to school on the 11th : ( but I might be able to get her back on the 10th . Hooked / SAX - it's up to you - set the time & place and the rest of us will work our schedules out as best we can. Hope it doesen't snow!!!!!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
sax, ima say lunch on sunday, u agree? then we can figure out the location, ur place or the base? :P
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
insert cricket noise hear. Just kidding -- Bump to keep it fresh!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
holiday bump?
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Merry Christmas to all. Hope to see you soon at F.I.E.R.O. (when a date and time are set)
silverbullet910

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Direct Link to This Post
bump
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Sure has gotten quiet over there in MD !!!!! let's hear something about the meet.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
bump...

i think sax might have went awol... time for a SAR.

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I'm down.. Set a date so I can use sickdays! haha.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I get back tomorrow, so I will contact the possible locations for a final decision by you guys. More to come on jan 2 when they are all open.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
bump from the VA side. Welcome back Sax.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seDirect Link to This Post
yep keep me in the loop everyone, just recently I've decided I'd like to get back into the Fiero scene. It might take me a while to get another Fiero, but I'm certainly looking forward to it! I'd like to meet everyone!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2009 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I should have some good info today. More to come!
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
OK - here is what I have for Sunday at noon:

I can get 10 people in the gate (with vehicles - see below) but I will need another military person to get anything over 10 through the gate. It takes a military ID holder (or dependent) to sponsor a max of 10 guests on the base. MarineFiero - you can sponsor 10 guests, I believe.

The bowling alley opens at noon and has pretty good food. We can even bowl for $2.50 a game ($1.50 for shoes) if you guys drink a few brews and want to show off your bowling skills.

I'm still waiting to find out if the Slip Inn is open. It's a small bar that serves food - but it is on the water and makes a great place for photos.

I suggest we meet at the Bolling AFB gate and drive out to the parking area by the Potomac (across from Ronald Reagan International) for some photos, then head in for some food at either the bowling alley or Slip Inn. Heck, I think the base hobby shop is open for Fiero repairs if any are needed

Something to consider: you must have a valid registration, insurance and a driver's license to get on the base. Otherwise, they will not let you on.

If the base is not your thing (insurance proof, weed-seeds in the carpet or you are a Marine who is jealous of the Air Force), we can look for an off-base restaraunt - but at least it sounds like the date and time work so far for most of us.

Let me know what you think!

(It doesn't look like I will have my flexplate replaced since I haven't even had a chance to get in the garage yet!)

Andrew
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroDirect Link to This Post

OK - here is what I have for Sunday at noon:

I can get 10 people in the gate (with vehicles - see below) but I will need another military person to get anything over 10 through the gate. It takes a military ID holder (or dependent) to sponsor a max of 10 guests on the base. MarineFiero - you can sponsor 10 guests, I believe.

(insurance proof, weed-seeds in the carpet or you are a Marine who is jealous of the Air Force)
Andrew

Jealous of the Air Force? Not too sure about that. I heard somewhere that "Air Force Basic Training" consisted of learning how to sit in a chair, but I may have misheard. Just playing. Yeah, I can get some people in too and if my wife comes (also a Marine), she can probably sponsor some in too. And yes the base hobby shop is open as well. I think it's $4/hr for a bay. $5/hr for a bay with a lift. Open 9-5 on Saturday.

While I have your attention, does anyone who will come have a manual tilt steering column you want to sell me there?

Looking forward to it!
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
How do them military folks feel about us "hippies"?
silverbullet910

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Direct Link to This Post
which Sunday? Do you mean this Sunday the 4th?
MarineFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarineFieroSend a Private Message to MarineFieroDirect Link to This Post

The sentries at the gates are actually on standing orders to shoot hippies on sight. Sorry man.

Just kidding. You'll be fine as long as you don't do anything crazy and you stick to the speed limit.

Andrew, I was thinking Haynes Point might be a good place for a group picture? Maybe by the big artwork of the guy emerging from the ground. Just a thought.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

"Long haired hippies need not apply"

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005

Originally posted by MarineFiero:
Andrew, I was thinking Haynes Point might be a good place for a group picture? Maybe by the big artwork of the guy emerging from the ground. Just a thought.

They moved that statue to the new National Harbor. I imagine we could take a little cruise through DC or something since it is a Sunday.

BTW, these plans are for Sunday the 11th of Jan, right?
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
Oh, I got the extra Fiero out of the garage so I can start dropping the cradle tomorrow. I hope to have the other flexplate in there before next Sunday, but I don't know if I will get enough time...
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

"Long haired hippies need not apply"

so i should tuck my hair under my hat and go in to ask them why?

lol, lemme know final details on a location, tuesday is hte date for my suspention upgrade
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock