Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Pantera parts ! (Page 14)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
Pantera parts ! by opm2000
Started on: 07-07-2004 11:05 PM
Replies: 529
Last post by: War Hammer on 02-18-2009 06:26 PM
Philero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroDirect Link to This Post
I about wet myself when i watched those videos!!! Brilliant work my friend.

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
Philero ~ Phil and his Fiero, melding into one (soon to be my license plate too!)

IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPW:

So did this car ever get finished. I just read the whole thread and wanted to see the final product. I talked to Ron last night and he told me about this car and your great work. Hope to see both soon.

James

James,
The Pantero is a work in progress. Dave is traveiling right now but, upon his return, I'll gladly take you over to the shop. Dave is very creative but doesn't answer the phone much.
My Pantero Roadster is just about ready to go into the shop for the body part of my project. I haven't and won't post any build threads on it till I see a light at the end of the tunnel.
BTW, enjoyed our conversation the other night. You seem way to lucid to be into Fieros.

Ron
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philero:

I about wet myself when i watched those videos!!! Brilliant work my friend.

I saw them in action at the 25th. The info helped me with my ride.
JPW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPWSend a Private Message to JPWDirect Link to This Post
I am working on my "honey-do" list fast and furious so I can keep mama happy and spend some time with the car and checking out some of the other cars you told me about. It was great talking to you to and my wife would argue about the lucidity.

Just looking at the work and skill that he has put into the molds and parts is amazing. Please let me know when he is back and a good time to see the car.

James

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
New years bump.

Joe
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPW:

I am working on my "honey-do" list fast and furious so I can keep mama happy and spend some time with the car and checking out some of the other cars you told me about. It was great talking to you to and my wife would argue about the lucidity.

Just looking at the work and skill that he has put into the molds and parts is amazing. Please let me know when he is back and a good time to see the car.

James

James,
When ever you're ready, give me a shout, you've got the number.

Ron
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey Joe,
I guess we missed you at the 25th. Let's get together at the 30th.

After the 25th I had to deal with why my crate 4.9 was ticking. I wound up pulling it and putting the donor Allante engine back together. Man! Does it run smooth. I really look forward to completing it and having a cool daily driver.

In that process, I managed to pick up a second Allante intake, manifold, and all parts needed. I had initally installed the fuel rail from the second donor, but found that it's fuel pressure regulator was ruptured. So I had to pull it and swap in the original fuel rail. All runs well now. But, if anyone knows anything about the fuel pressure regulator, and where to find a replacement, let me know. Frankly, I'm not sure I couldn't use one like used on a 2.8/3.4 conversion, you know, they adjustable Holley unit?

Updates...At the 25th I drove the yellow pantera a wee bit, but not much, because the shift points were way off. I wound up horsetrading a 425 trans to buildamonster just so I could have his 325...so I could take it apart and understand how the kickdown cable worked. Then I tried a fewe different settings and got it to shift just about right. I still need to hook up a pressure guage and read the line pressure values. But...just then the starter and optispark both went way south. I've got a new starter, and am just deciding which optispark replacement to go with.

One thing I'v e got to say about the LT1 and the 325 trans. It obviously isn't going to be an autocrosser due to aft weight considerations, but for daily driving or straightline racing, it's a hoot. I get scared s###less somewhere after hitting 3rd gear and start easing off. Never have found the top end yet.

On the choptop pantera, I've straightened out the drivetrain, and next will spend a few months making the wires and plumbing disappear. I've been seriously impressed by how Fieroguru cleaned up his engine bay on his blue ramjet, and thats where I want to go next.

I also installed a set of 1" drop springs to the front end, and have what I consider a nice stance, now. I may switch from 50 to 40 profile tires on the front, but not untill after it is painted.

Body work is 99% finished. Sanding and final paint prep is next, and seriously just waiting for warmer weather.

Last couple of weekends spent building a dash, center console and gills for a builder up in Wisconson. Hope to see his project soon.

In case you haven't seen them, here are a couple of walkarounds

David Breeze

[This message has been edited by opm2000 (edited 01-09-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Ron
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Bump.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2009 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock