Started on: 09-16-2007 03:06 PM
Replies: 193
Last post by: josef644 on 08-19-2008 12:39 PM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Darren's 87 coupe PM sent
IP: Logged
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I am getting many requests for these from members. I will place an order in 14 days. What I need is an e-mail from everybody interested in a pair sent to me at

josef644@yahoo.com.

Please in the subject line put "Dew wipes- YOUR LAST NAME". That way I can keep track of every body in an orderly fashion. Please include your name address, zip and the number you want to order in the message. I will sell you two or more two. I have about $22.00 a pair in them. I think I can sell them to you guys for $28.00 a pair and cover my gas to the USPS and back. Maybe a little left over for some profit. Shipping will be the real costs to mail it off to you, and thats at your expense. I am going to the postoffice now to get shipping for Shadowguy's set. While I was there yesterday I saw that they had round mailers 36" long, and about 3 1/2" across. I am gonna see if two of these will fit into one, and if so get the weight and cost of the mailer. Then I can figure shipping to you here on the internet USPS.com. We can recycle the mailers so our friends and other Members can get some of these also.

Joe Crawford
Texas
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
email sent.

Thanks!
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Joe

Check your PM's

I replied (again)

Rich
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Got it
PontiacJ829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

email sent.

Thanks!

Ditto
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Email also sent.

Nice work on these, thanks from all of us.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT 3.4 - broke again
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11.9 @ 116, sorta broke again
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - sorta broke again
'95 Kawi GPZ1100 - 10 second daily driver, heh

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
josef644
you have a PM
TD37

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Email sent as well

-Tim
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
Email comin' your way!

------------------
Dougie Murder
85 Fiero GT
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I have requests for 12 set right now. Please use the Yahoo address, as I dont want to tie up Cliffs bandwith and storage space for this. I went out the my car to get something out of the insides. When I closed the door I heard something I had never heard on this car before. It sounded different with the glasses up. It sounded almost like a new car door closing. I have never heard this with this car. My hinges and hinge pins and pin bushing are in good shape so the door closes square to the opening.

Just kinda wooosh. Neat.

Remember what "The Ogre" says, to just seat the inside guides against the glass, and not push hard against the glass.

Wooosh!!I
I have Wooosh !!on both doors now.
Joe Crawford
Texas

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-05-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Buddycraigg hooked me up with a USPS link to get the mailers delivered to me for free. Our tax dolllers working for our Fiero's. I have ordered 15, and they are on the way to me here in Texas. I will check the weight of one with the two strips in it and see if it is still the same for postage. You will not have to ship them back to me empty. I have two sets ready to go out tomorrow in round mailers.
We all owe a big thanks to BuddyCraigg again.

Joe Crawford
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
Im in for a set how much again???
OldBob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldBobSend a Private Message to OldBobDirect Link to This Post
Email Sent.

Bob
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
OldBob check your PM box
volt110

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for volt110Send a Private Message to volt110Direct Link to This Post
Joe,
email sent,

Thanks,
Ed
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:
I will check the weight of one with the two strips in it and see if it is still the same for postage.

i used to ship posters in these triagle tubes. they will be much lighter than the hard round tubes you have now. so other than having to pay for PRIORATY MAIL they should be reasonable on the cost.
even if they are a little bit more expencive one way, you wont have to pay the return shipping.
ktthecarguy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 167
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ktthecarguyClick Here to visit ktthecarguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ktthecarguyDirect Link to This Post
Email sent. Thanks.
Kerry
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
so how long are you going to make these for us? i'm going to need a week or two to buy a set. (wasn't expecting this to go this fast)
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by :

so how long are you going to make these for us? i'm going to need a week or two to buy a set. (wasn't expecting this to go this fast)
Kerry

Keep in mind ... Joe is just passing along the material..... not actually making "Dew Wipes" ... you get to do the "fun" part yourself..... just trying to keep things straight.

[This message has been edited by Richjk21 (edited 10-06-2007).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

I was planning on waiting about two weeks to place an order, I thought that would be about right to let all you guys decide if you wanted some , and to let me know. I have requests for over 20 sets now and several requests for two sets. It grew by 5 sets overnight. Some want to have a spare, some for friends and family members cars. On the 12th I am gonna send a reply to every member telling them my Pay-Pal user name, and mailing address for money orders. I rather not deal with checks. There is a big difference between accepting a check from one member, and maybe as many as 30-40 , I haven't any Idea who many will want to do this. I hope you all understand. I will call in the order on the morning of the 19th for everybody I have the gotten the money from. Thats about 13 days from today.

One thing I want to say is that I didn't locate Fairchield Industries. I read it here on the here on PFF. I have tried to find that thread, and haven't been able. Some other member wrote about finding them. I just made the call to them, and got it all started when his thread went cold. This unknown member need a good pat on the back. If any one out there knows his name please let us all know , or please speak up and take a well deserved bow.

Joe Crawford
Texas

PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-06-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

I was planning on waiting about two weeks to place an order, I thought that would be about right to let all you guys decide if you wanted some , and to let me know. I have requests for over 20 sets now and several requests for two sets. It grew by 5 sets overnight. Some want to have a spare, some for friends and family members cars. On the 12th I am gonna send a reply to every member telling them my Pay-Pal user name, and mailing address for money orders. I rather not deal with checks. There is a big difference between accepting a check from one member, and maybe as many as 30-40 , I haven't any Idea who many will want to do this. I hope you all understand. I will call in the order on the morning of the 19th for everybody I have the gotten the money from. Thats about 13 days from today.

One thing I want to say is that I didn't locate Fairchield Industries. I read it here on the here on PFF. I have tried to find that thread, and haven't been able. Some other member wrote about finding them. I just made the call to them, and got it all started when his thread went cold. This unknown member need a good pat on the back. If any one out there knows his name please let us all know , or please speak up and take a well deserved bow.

Joe Crawford
Texas

Am i too late to get in on this for a set for both my cars?

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Nurb432 you have a PM
GTCONVERSION

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTCONVERSIONSend a Private Message to GTCONVERSIONDirect Link to This Post
email sent
GTCONVERSION

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTCONVERSIONSend a Private Message to GTCONVERSIONDirect Link to This Post

GTCONVERSION

304 posts
Member since Aug 2007
can someone help me find some info on removing the old wipes?i allready have my inner door panels of becouse im in the middel of a dsah conversion. So i may as well replace these if there is some info on this topic that would be great
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTCONVERSION:

can someone help me find some info on removing the old wipes?i allready have my inner door panels of becouse im in the middel of a dsah conversion. So i may as well replace these if there is some info on this topic that would be great

http://michiganfieroclub.co...chnical/dewstrip.pdf

There is a PDF file on how to do it.

------------------
Dougie Murder
85 Fiero GT
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Dougie Murder ya did good
Joe
GTCONVERSION

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTCONVERSIONSend a Private Message to GTCONVERSIONDirect Link to This Post
i have been trying to get to the web page for the dew strip removal but itwont load is there any other info i might be able to get
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I Just tried it and it worked just fine.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I went and found the posting thread from jstricker which is the best one with good pictures. This is the way I removed my old ones and it was a piece of cake. One thing I would add to his is that when I was through and needed to lower the glass I had to reach inside the door in the hole in about the area of the outside door handle and guide the glass roller in to the metal guide. Getting the window crank off without the tool was a pain in the Boo-tocks
The link
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/070656.html

Some one just asked about the glass guided. I recovered them that were mounted on the Dew Strip with the faberic from the seatbelt padding thing. It was perfect for this, and was only about $3.00. The ones in the door, are a pain the remove, and those are the one that The Fiero Store sells. If you have to remove them, and you would to insert the new ones, then just use the seatbelt pad faberic to recover them , and save yourself $12.00 plus shipping. You could maybe just glue the faberic to them without taking them out of the door. You would need to scrape all of the old off of it before adding the new.

Joe Crawford

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-07-2007).]

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
So just how much is a set?

John
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

I went and found the posting thread from jstricker which is the best one with good pictures.

i like john, but i use the rodney dickman way of removing them
what ever works for you
there's more than one way to skin a cat
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Oh, I didnt mean it was the best way. Just that it is well written, and well photographed. I agree there is many ways to do this. John's is just the one I used, it worked for me.

Joe
Darren's 87 coupe

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darren's 87 coupeSend a Private Message to Darren's 87 coupeDirect Link to This Post
So far as getting the clip out from behind the window crank, The best way I have found is to take a shop rag and run it behind the crank and wiggle it back and forth. The clip will pop right out where you can slide it out with your finger or some needle nose pliars. Never had a problem, and never needed the special tool. Your shirt tail would work too.

Darren

------------------

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I' hope I will not ever need to take these off again, but if I do you can bet I'm a-gonna try that rag trick. And there is always the next Fiero!
Thanks
Joe

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-08-2007).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I now have 28 orders from members
Joe
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Email sent
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Richjk21 got his today in the mail.
Joe
Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
yes I did These are on my winter project list.

Rich
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock