Started on: 06-24-2007 11:36 PM
Replies: 283
Last post by: Hardpact on 07-29-2008 07:08 AM
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2007 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
looks almost like the sub is too big... fiberglass?
IP: Logged
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2007 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

looks almost like the sub is too big... fiberglass?

sub is JUST bigger, i got the idea from BigFieroMan's thread.. and i heard it in his car, i liked it.. so im copying it and now i do have an easier idea on making the holes line up.. just some washers to space it out a little.. no problem..

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

got these in today.. she needs em.. (the headlight gears not the 2.5 timing gears ..)

timing gears are for the breakdown that happened on the way to OZfest?

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

timing gears are for the breakdown that happened on the way to OZfest?

yep engine almost out.. but im busy busy busy..

so .. i FINALLY got copies of my keys (AFTER i locked em in the car once.. good thing im skinny..)
whaddya think

and these got here today!

the quality looks GREAT i cant wait to hear em!

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
subwoofer housing covered in neoprene.. (mrks are from string to hold it around tube)

having some fitmint issues with these speakers.. may have to trim some metal.. but after hearing one of em today, i dont care.. i only had a chance to get one wired up and barely bolted in and lemme tell you... it sounds amazing. i highly reccommend these to anyone... i temporarily have sony xplod 6x9's up front, and these sound better!! (and the xplods are pretty good..)

last but finally not least.. one more piece to help me live out a dream ive have for 5 YEARS now..

ive always had Fieros, but ive NEVER, not ONCE driven my OWN to a show.. ever. that is powder (for intakes and valve covers and such) so that this year, i will FINALLY be able to open my own decklid, and be proud of what i have acomplished, (along with ALL your guys help which i appreciate SOO much)

ALSO my right rear caliper is bad and needs replaced.. bummer.. found this out just AFTER buying the powder..
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
You need to take a bunch of the pics of the car's progress and make a big display to go next to the car at shows. Show people who might not have followed your threads how far you've gone in such a short time.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
yea i figured id do something to that extent.. altho it hasnt been THAT short of time! since last sept!
Idontownafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IdontownafieroClick Here to visit Idontownafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to IdontownafieroDirect Link to This Post
If i come to pittsburgh can i drive Black Betty???? PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

subwoofer housing covered in neoprene.. (mrks are from string to hold it around tube)

Maybe I missed the reason for this earlier, but what's the reason for covering the subwoofer housing in neoprene? Does it help with sound quality?

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Maybe I missed the reason for this earlier, but what's the reason for covering the subwoofer housing in neoprene? Does it help with sound quality?

when i first heard the stock sub housing.. i heard a little plastic rattle/ripple noise.. this oughtta help absorb it..

updates.

rear speakers are now snug.. a die grinder and carbide (bine?) bit helped that just had to open the hole by like .25 inches on the sides.. no prob

headlight motor is out and i have new gears to put in it..

right rear caliper sucks, so i got a new one, it will be in tomorrow

i also bought a new OPSU so i can get my gauge working.. we tested the old one and it had no continuity what so ever

pix tomorrow
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
How exactly did you mount those Clarion 4x6's? I have the same ones but not mounted because they wouldn't fit. Did you use the old plastic shim thing from the stock speakers on them too?
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2007 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
YAY!! Oil pressure gauge works!!

it was the OPSU now i know how to test and see if they are good to

ok.. for the plates.. the opening is oval... right where the sides of the magnet hits the opening, i just grinded away 1/4" on each side of the opening snug like a bug (and yes, i used plastic shim)

new caliper is in... but we bled the system for quite some time.. and still air.. i can barely stop (made for an interesting ride home..)
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
UGH anyone have a left side GEN 2 headlight motor???

my 86 has gen 1's.. ( i was under the impression that only 84's had gen 1's) guess i was wrong when i bought my newer gears

is it a direct swap?
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Man you have done an awesome job on that there little lady. Can't wait to drop in and see her when she is all finished!!!! More updates!!! This is one of my favorite threads!
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
Yo! Funkman, gota PM.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Man you have done an awesome job on that there little lady. Can't wait to drop in and see her when she is all finished!!!! More updates!!! This is one of my favorite threads!

yea when i look back ive jumped leagues with her.. but it still doesnt feel right cause its not as reliable as id like yet.. right now.. stopping is an issue.. and i still have a misfire.. once those are fixed.. at least ill feel like shes in the middle of good+bad

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

i spent 3 hours in traffic to go get a vaccum brake bleeder...

and NO DIFFERENCE!!!

how the hell is it that i had a leaking caliper before, buy a new one.. and now i can barely stop!!! ive LOST braking ability?!?!? i hate this kind of stuff.. its beyond aggervating.. i dont see any leaking fluid.. and im not losing any.. but no matter what my brakes have air in the lines!?!
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, you start by bleeding the caliper behind the driver, right? Then the right rear, right front... When I did my 85, I replaced the MC and ALL the calipers and hoses... they work good now! How's the vacuum booster vacuum line?
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2007 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH

i spent 3 hours in traffic to go get a vaccum brake bleeder...

and NO DIFFERENCE!!!

how the hell is it that i had a leaking caliper before, buy a new one.. and now i can barely stop!!! ive LOST braking ability?!?!? i hate this kind of stuff.. its beyond aggervating.. i dont see any leaking fluid.. and im not losing any.. but no matter what my brakes have air in the lines!?!

When this happened to me it was the master cylinder. My rear calipers were not working at all and I replaced them. Now I had to pump the brakes two times before I could even think of stopping. I had no brakes at all as the master was just about frozen shut for the rears from not being used for so long. I had brakes but noticed the calipers were frozen making me change the calipers out. I was confused also and hope this is all that is wrong on yours. We bled the poop out of the lines also until we figured it out. The booster is easy to figure out, as you stop the car and about a hour later or even the next day pop off the vacuum. If it is without a air burst then you have a leak. If it is holding air leave it alone. Rick

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
new master ordered.. will be in soon

anyone have gen 2 headlight motors??? (free/cheap?) i have new bushings if they need em... my GT had Gen 1's and 1 is broke.. other on its way..
slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
i got 2 out of a 91?? camaro, i think thay are the same i can get pics, if you want em let me kno.
PFF
System Bot
PontiacJ829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Direct Link to This Post

new master ordered.. will be in soon

anyone have gen 2 headlight motors??? (free/cheap?) i have new bushings if they need em... my GT had Gen 1's and 1 is broke.. other on its way..

I've got a pair in a parts car, how much ya looking to spend?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2007 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacJ829:

I've got a pair in a parts car, how much ya looking to spend?

well slinger is gonna send me 2 broked ones that need repair.. but if i cant fix em ill let you know!

anyone guess what im working on??

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 10-31-2007).]

Lounge Daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lounge DaddySend a Private Message to Lounge DaddyDirect Link to This Post
Awe come on, that's an easy one. Its your counter you didn't hide it completely.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Nope, nope...its an automated utility bill hider...i see one that got left in the upper background
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
HA!! nooo.. its a MAP cover
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
SWEET!!

new master!

i also put new pads up front.. OMG!! she stops on a dime now

New OPSU cleaned things up a bit..
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2007 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Good news! Glad you got the brakes sorted out!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
WOOO!! She made it to Philly and back!!!

Saw a GT within an hour.. but it was the only one the whole time..

talked to owner.. hes not on here so i told him about it.. hope he joins!

(drove to Philly to see one of my fav. bands.. Skindred.. hung out with the singer for quite a while too)

Got my gen 2's today THANKS SLINGER!!!

i rebuilt them at school.. then tried to wire them up, only to realize the wirings different too.. gen ones have 3 wires and certain relays.. gen 2's have 2 wires and an HDM...

so now i need the module thing(s)? for gen 2 motor ... anyone ?
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Bobadoo, the whole headlight wiring harness for the Gen 2 motors is different. You're going to need to find someone that has the wiring harness...I don't think it's as easy as just changing out the module...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Bobadoo, the whole headlight wiring harness for the Gen 2 motors is different. You're going to need to find someone that has the wiring harness...I don't think it's as easy as just changing out the module...

wiring isnt a problem..we have plenty of wire, and are currently in electrical so my teacher would be happy i figured out the diagrams and such anyways.. no big deal..

PFF
System Bot
ohioindy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
Remember this…where it all started

Seems like forever ago...
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061142.html
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

wiring isnt a problem..we have plenty of wire, and are currently in electrical so my teacher would be happy i figured out the diagrams and such anyways.. no big deal..

It's worth it...unless you have a low miles 84-86 that you are keeping 100% original, the new motors are soooo much better.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It's worth it...unless you have a low miles 84-86 that you are keeping 100% original, the new motors are soooo much better.

no no, i HAVE new motors.. i need the relay switch things from a gen 2 so i can use them im sick of winkie syndrom!

and as for what Ohioindy posted..

hey man couldnt be anywhere near here if it wasnt for you! (ill post an OLD engine bay pic to show you the REAL improvements later....)

and i couldnt have done this much to it if it wanst for the rest of you!! (especially her heart from Back On Holiday!)

ok ok.. less mushy stuff more tech talk

i think my MAP sensor cover is close to done.. gonna sand it down a bit when i get home and see how it looks

so anyone have some relay things from gen 2's layin around?
slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post
lol i got one jarry its just the little black box on the inside of the fender (i think), i pulled the hole harness and eveything out of a 88 with gen 2s, the harness is a PAIN to get out. if thats all you need il send you it.

[This message has been edited by slinger (edited 11-07-2007).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
well.. its been a while since i posted here.. life is getting insane!!!

BUT

Shes been running a bit rich lately so all sorts of diagnostics have been going on..

my primary ignition side wasnt firing enough kv's so we took a look at my distributor... the coil was loose and the module had too low if a resistance value (actually so did the dist.) so today i replace both nice difference throttle response is much better and she pulls a lot nicer all the way up through the rpm's but i still think shes runnin rich.. not sure why.. but 12mpg isnt satisfactory...

the gen II's still arent in.. after getting the module and motors.. i realized i need the plug ends too!! ugh..

im on break from school till Jan 7th so shes just gonna have to deal with it a bit longer...

but shes so fun to drive

off to ride my OTHER lady

88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post

off to ride my OTHER lady

Atta boy! I was just wondering last night what had happened to ya. Glad ya got that permanent smile on your face from driving her...
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

but i still think shes runnin rich.. not sure why.. but 12mpg isnt satisfactory...

Jerry, have you checked the O2 sensor? Could be that it's malfunctioning, and causing the ECM to richen up the fuel mixture...

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2007 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
o2 sensor is new.. and when it was connected to the scope... an instructor pulled a vaccum line, and said that it should be ok cause it changed something..

o yea.. car faster.. but MPG the same !!? 1/2 a tank got me 50mi.

i do still have to adjust timing but i doubt its THAT off..

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 12-21-2007).]

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2007 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post
Ouch, thats about what I'm getting on my Duke, I'm gonna take it to my mechanic so he can tune it, I gotta get new tags next month, I don't think I'm gonna pass emissions...

Thats a really sharp looking fastback man, good job!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock