Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Well its official, life hates me. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Well its official, life hates me. by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-15-2006 07:50 AM
Replies: 106
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 09-04-2006 11:52 PM
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
car died today. 2.5 block is gone after 176,xxx mi.

i only had it back on the rd for 2 weeks.

it broke down 42 mi away from home at 4 in the morning and now it sits somewhere on the side of route 79.

today is the first time Alex has ever seen tears roll down my face.

i am just a doomed man.

now im off to get as much sleep as possible before the worst day of work... then i gotta figure out towing and such...

i guess no Fiero shows for me.....ever....

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 08-15-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry, dukes are cheap and plentiful. You'll get it sorted out.

Told you ya shoulda gotten together with me this weekend!
j/k

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Damn.
I have faith in you BobadooFunk.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Hang in there, dude. It happens. Even new cars break down. I've spent more on maintenance on my 99 Grand Am than a PAID for my Formula. I know how you feel, though. Been there, and it's no fun at all. I think most of us on here have been there at one point in time or another.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Time for an upgrade, I have a 2.2 in my 84. Its as fast or faster then the Duke I use to have. Its a pre 2002 motor and bolts up to the stock Fiero tranny. I didnt do the swap but if I was going to try it I would probably find a donor and piggy back the computer and run the gages from the donor car.
Hang in there it, it gets better.
I have a yard full of dreams that dont run.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:

it broke down 42 mi away from home at 4 in the morning and now it sits somewhere on the side of route 79.

Cheer up Dude...

I'd trade 9 Fieros to be in your spot with Alex.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

i am just a doomed man.

now im off to get as much sleep as possible before the worst day of work... then i gotta figure out towing and such...

Same thing happened to me the other day, but worse. Literally just got my fiero out of paint and the 2.8 spins a bearing. Wrecked my parents car, broke up with my girl. Life hits hard I guess its just time for another 3800 swap.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
That stinks, man.... sorry this happened to ya.

How did it "break down"? Hope it's a minor thing, like a coil or somethin...

Oh, you DO know you need to put GAS in the car, right?

FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
We've got a couple 2.5's laying around here Heck I think we have a couple 2.8 and 3.4's too If you wanna know more about them get ahold of m0sh_man though. Sorry about your car but hopefully you can got it fixed ASAP

[This message has been edited by FieroAngel (edited 08-15-2006).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
o no.. its the block.. i know this feeling... seems like motor wants to turn but cant..

its ded.

and i am as poor as poor can be... so no swaps for me...
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
not the end of the world...who can help him out?
PFF
System Bot
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
If mosh_man can't come to the rescue, I can make a call and donate a new, sealed remanufactured 86 2.5L engine. I'll donate the engine, but I'll need the rest of the community to donate the shipping costs of $200.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aceman:

If mosh_man can't come to the rescue, I can make a call and donate a new, sealed remanufactured 86 2.5L engine. I'll donate the engine, but I'll need the rest of the community to donate the shipping costs of $200.

WOW thats mighty nice of you aceman! I will donate $50.00 toward the shipping. Just let me know where to send the money...paypal or check, if this happens. Would like to do more but can't at the moment due to all the stuff being done to my own car.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 08-15-2006).]

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Cool Aceman, sounds like you got one of the engines. I just got a 87 head back from the machine shop.. working on trying to get a running engine still, it's been sitting outside with the head off so long now that the cylinders are rusted up bad. Now that the donor engine head is verified as good (and has a fresh intake valve, a grind and been shaved) I'm heading back to get the rest of the donor engine out of GDS-1's parts car. Sure wish that guy had come through for the one I wanted.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
The forum, powerful forum it is. Powerful forum. Help you it can. A powerful ally can it be.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Jerry's my buddy, I'll add another $25 to the pot. And I'll donate the space and tools to put it in, if we can get his car here. -Jason

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 08-15-2006).]

GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
that '86 will be hard to get to run in an '88 DIS system but if you're up for it I'll throw in $25 and any parts you may need off my small collection of parts cars

Tyler
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I'll throw in a twinky ($20), and would gladly throw in some wrench time too. I'm in the process of putting my engine back in now too, so I know how crappy being Fiero-less is.
GT-X

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
what were the circumstances in which it dies? wants to turn but cant? could be just a bad battery. did it like lose power and sputter and get weak? or just cut right out? Did you notice anything strange with the guages? I say borrow a fresh fully charged battery from another car and try see what happens. Its important to try a different battery though cause just jumper cables may not work if the battery is no good

Tyler
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
BobadooFunk,
What year is your Fiero? I can get a new reman long block for 84, 85, 86, or 87. The 87 should fit into an 88.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Cheer up Dude...

I'd trade 9 Fieros to be in your spot with Alex.

aceman, I'm in for $25 on the shipping as well. Just PM me how you want it sent.
PFF
System Bot
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post08-15-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

i am just a doomed man.

Nah it gets better.. If i can survive blowing one engine up this spring in my first GT ( had it about a year ), then watching a jack stand go thru the cradle of another car i had less then 3 months, anyone can..

After you get it home, just start making plans and put it back together again..

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
well, from what you are saying, i am gonna say that you more than likely had your timing gear bite the dust. that is not too bad of a thing to work with. You can replace it with an aluminum cloise timing gear (fiero store has em) in the car, but you have to make sure that the gear is nice and hot the whole time you are putting it in, or else you will end up having to drop the engine some to pull the cam out. I'm guessing the resistance you are feeling is the fact that none of the valves are opening or closeing. especially if it kinda just happened. Same thing happened to me on my first 86.

Don't admit defeat so easily. It is diognosable, and fixable. Hope for the best. Good luck.
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Like I said...if there's any possible way to get that car in this area in any way, or if we can have a group take a little trip to Pittsburgh, we can have the old engine out, fix/replaced and back in in a day. Whaddya say, Jerry?

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 08-15-2006).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
This is why the forum kicks A _ _!

------------------
Paul

Pontiac prestiege.... Pontiac performance...... Pontiac POWER!
For a full history of the Fiero SS: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
aww bless, you are all the best.... if we could get it up and running again i would be so happy i couldnt explain...

i went to work and my boss asked me what was wrong.. and the waterfalls started... i hate it...

its an 88...

the car is still currently stuck 44 miles outside of pittsburgh on the 79... still not sure what to do about that...

i do not have the tools or place to work on the car

im still not sure how or where im going to have it towed...

i do appreciate all trying to help tho! unexplicably so...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by GT-X:

what were the circumstances in which it dies? wants to turn but cant? could be just a bad battery. did it like lose power and sputter and get weak? or just cut right out? Did you notice anything strange with the guages? I say borrow a fresh fully charged battery from another car and try see what happens. Its important to try a different battery though cause just jumper cables may not work if the battery is no good

Tyler

brand new optima bat...

its like the engine wants to turn, but cant..

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:

Same thing happened to me the other day, but worse. Literally just got my fiero out of paint and the 2.8 spins a bearing. Wrecked my parents car, broke up with my girl. Life hits hard I guess its just time for another 3800 swap.

Man, that really sucks! You guys are making me feel like one lucky dude. I hope things get better for both of you. Baba - you still have Alex. Random, you still have... uh - well, there must be some good coming your way. It can only get better!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
i say life hates me cause this isnt the first time.. my whole life is bad luck...

ive broken MANY bones..

but my car history is TERRIBLE

my first car was a nissan sentra... had it for a week, clutch went got it fixed, then it turned out it was beyond rusted... had to junk it.

2nd i got my first Fiero.. loved it, for the first 3 DAYS then the tranny got stuck in 2nd gear. paid $7OO to have a new tranny put in... ran for a month or so.. and i never knew it but oil pump went and engine died...

3rd i got my truck... loooved that thing... had it for a while and brake lines went.. middle of buffalo winter, i couldnt do it so that was $3OO then they told me it was rusted beyond repair... so i drove it as long as i could... but due to $$ and other hellish circumstances i was forced to sell it for a measely $2OO (i paid 3 grand(

4th i got this Fiero had it for 2 weeks and clutch pressure plate went... tried to fix all by myself.. went through hell , put it together and it didnt work... i didnt do anything wrong, there was just a part that no one knew about.. so i worked my ass of and had it repaired.. another $7OO... then i get it running.. i was so happy these past 2 weeks.. then on the way home from a buffalo visit... this...

o and my laptop motherboard popped last week... we are currently using Alexs half broken one...

and my broken cell was stolen and i have to pay for it because i cant return it.

im a doomed child....
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
You have a PM.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
If you can get to charleston, ive got a 88 iron duke sitting on my trailor you can have, 110k miles on it, ran when i removed it from the donor 88 (donor for larger engine) other than the fact it ran and idled fine, i dont know any other information on it, i only drove it around my yard, but the service station that sold it to me said they put a new headgasket on it, as well as clutch, then the owner didnt pay for the job, so they sued him for ownership of the car, then sold it to me for just the cost of the repair parts.

motor is complete minus the starter and alternator.

matthew
PFF
System Bot
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

i say life hates me cause this isnt the first time.. my whole life is bad luck...

Originally posted by RandomTask:
The last week or two have been absolute hell for me. It started out the...........

Don't make me use the "search" feature ! (please )
Trust me Babadoo, we all have our times. "When the going gets tough, the tough get going". Someone said that. Get tough. It is not a problem, it is a challenge.

Originally posted by cliffw:
I have faith in you BobadooFunk.

Do you have roadside assistance with your cell phone plan or insurance ? Many do but do not realize it. First thing we need to do is get you Fiero off the highway. Where can we tow it to ? Repairs may be problematic at you place and we don't want to have to tow it twice. Need to know where we can tow it to figure the tow costs. Have you checked out your local Fiero club ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-16-2006).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Bobadoo -

If you can send me an e-mail with the exact location of your car I will send an e-mail out to our list to see who is nearby....

Jen
85-GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85-GTSend a Private Message to 85-GTDirect Link to This Post
This is like a well-oiled machine!

This is why I will always own at least one Fiero; it's the only car that comes stock with a support group.
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
From a private message...

"its on the 79 40 miles north of Pittsburgh,
2 miles noth of exit 96... the 90 leads right to the 79"

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
well it seems as though life hates me, but this forum doesnt

so far i think i have a way to get it to, and a place to work on it... (that place being right behind my appt! i still have to double check though)

now i guess if i could just get a donor engine, the right toolz, and a few volunteers....

im so grateful for all the help you all have offered, and normally, i refuse because i like to do things myself.. but this is the one time where i know i need all the possible help i can get

even though it doesnt move... i still worry about it... sitting on the side of the road...

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 08-16-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Wishing you some good luck for a change.
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Well, you have an 88 2.5L available to you from mosh_man, otherwise, I can send you a reman 87 2.5L longblock. If you want more power and can find the ECM, wiring, and top half of a 2.8L, I can even send out a 3.1L reman engine.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Well, you have an 88 2.5L available to you from mosh_man, otherwise, I can send you a reman 87 2.5L longblock. If you want more power and can find the ECM, wiring, and top half of a 2.8L, I can even send out a 3.1L reman engine.

you know, a remaned 87 2.5 longblock would be the bestest thing in the world. i just paid $700 in clutch repairs 6 months ago and it has all new parts so id hate to see that go to waste... and with a remanned long i wouldnt have to worry about other things breaking as soon as i got it which would probably bring me to the utmost point of a complete breakdown...

with the people on here that have already said they would donate... i have started to look for more ways to make any extra ends meat i possibly can, and it just so happens i am re stretching some carpet for my lanlord before i go to work on friday.. so i can also add towards the shipping...

so if this is possible.. i guess just some volunteers with any extra time on a sunday or a monday (i have every monday off, and usually sundays) that could bring any necessary tools... i have a grill and a small but nice backyard... i would be more than happy to have a little cookout....
(and you all get to see Alex as well walking around in a bathing suit top... )

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock