Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Well its official, life hates me. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Well its official, life hates me. by BobadooFunk
Started on: 08-15-2006 07:50 AM
Replies: 106
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 09-04-2006 11:52 PM
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Bribery like that will get you everywhere
IP: Logged
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
If you can get back up to buffalo come take the 2.5 out of my 88 parts car....I dont want any cash....I just need to get the cradle and suspension off

EDIT: ....or you can take the car if you can get me the suspension and cradle from another 88....or that 88...as long as rust hasnt destoryed it.

Andy

[This message has been edited by 85_Fiero_2M4 (edited 08-16-2006).]

aceman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
I will call the guy with the engines tonight to see if he still has them in his poll barn.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
getting rides places, especially with trucks.. is almost impossible for me

aceman, awesome. i hope you all know that if i ever have the chance to help someone else is need, somewhere down the road, i can only do the same in grattitude of what is being done for me!

off to work.. be back round midnight!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobadooFunk:
.... i guess just some volunteers with any extra time on a sunday or a monday (i have every monday off, and usually sundays) that could bring any necessary tools... i have a grill and a small but nice backyard... i would be more than happy to have a little cookout....
(and you all get to see Alex as well walking around in a bathing suit top... )

Now that is just mean. I am all the way down here in Kerrville Texas.
EDIT
Just kidding BabadooFunk. I have always admired a nice woman that had a nice guy.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-16-2006).]

aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Now that is just mean. I am all the way down here in Kerrville Texas.

YOU?????? I'm donating a frikken engine and I'm in Minnesota AND I refuse to step foot back in PA unless ABSOLUTELY neccessary.....Picking up an Indy Pace Car or taking my wife to see her family.

You better snap some pics!
Tommys86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tommys86Send a Private Message to Tommys86Direct Link to This Post
You sound liek you can use this.... I have an 86 GT...2.8 auto...it needs heads. If you can find someone to come and get it in cleveland, I will donate the car to you. Life was crapping on me until I found my current ride, so I know what your going through. That being said, I have pulled the cradle and taken the engine half apart. I can put the cradle back in the car and help putting on a car dolly. Your friends seem to have no problem finding 2.8 parts so it may work out for ya. The car has new brakes all around. Paint isnt bad either... The rear frame is getting soft, But the cradle is good and suspension is great. Let me know if this looks good. I also have a 3800 N/A.... It is apart, But it is good and all there. Take it.

All I ask, is for some tech help when I do my 3800sc swap. Cool? LMK
Tommy
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 08-16-2006).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Just the top I bet you have a new motor by the weekend
GT-X

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
You have a paypal address? I'll get my donation out to you.

Tyler
GT-X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post

GT-X

1506 posts
Member since Feb 2003
also pull the oil fill cap and watch the rockers while someone cranks the engine. if they dont move then its the timing gear as mentioned earlier, This is a "somewhat" easy fix. I wouldn't automatically assume the engine is bad and go through the trouble of pulling it/installing a new one without figuring out whats wrong with this one. How did it run before this?

Tyler
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

GRRRRRRR! I'm down in Florida and won't get to see it!
Someone tell me where to send my $50 too and I will get it sent.
Bobadoo...since I can't be there can the pics of Alex get posted? You can email me the good ones...(wink) J/K
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Alright...how soon does this need to be done? Like I said, I've got a set of tools I can bring down with me sometime, but I work every Sunday and Monday...I can request a day off, but which one, lol? If we can figure out a weekend where a few people can be there both on Sunday and Monday, we can easily have it running in those two days. So again, how soon does it need to be running again?
aceman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Trying to get ahold of the guy with the engines.....No luck so far. Hope he didn't change services or phone numbers....
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Any place to work on the car?
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tommys86:

You sound liek you can use this.... I have an 86 GT...2.8 auto...it needs heads. If you can find someone to come and get it in cleveland, I will donate the car to you. Life was crapping on me until I found my current ride, so I know what your going through. That being said, I have pulled the cradle and taken the engine half apart. I can put the cradle back in the car and help putting on a car dolly. Your friends seem to have no problem finding 2.8 parts so it may work out for ya. The car has new brakes all around. Paint isnt bad either... The rear frame is getting soft, But the cradle is good and suspension is great. Let me know if this looks good. I also have a 3800 N/A.... It is apart, But it is good and all there. Take it.

All I ask, is for some tech help when I do my 3800sc swap. Cool? LMK
Tommy

o my gosh......

um..

if this is possible i would be indebtted to you (sp?)

um.. my towing help friend.. possible?

exactly what parts are needed to make it road ready?????

anyone have the spare parts needed?

if this works out, when you do your swap, i will be by your side with wrench in hand.

[This message has been edited by BobadooFunk (edited 08-17-2006).]

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

BobadooFunk

5436 posts
Member since Jun 2003
o yes, and we now have a place to work on the car!

so if we can get that one here... some spare parts... and some spare people ( have a nice "fix a Fiero" cookout day)

i will be able to finally go to looking for a real job again, and be able to go to shows, and be able to put on a certain disguise again and rescue damsels in distress, and be able to DRIVE (one of my favorite things to do...)

please.... if anyone can help in this situation...
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post

Yikes!

watch out for the stampeeeeed!

You will have to have Alex stay away part of the time or nothing will get done...

If I were not so far away... I have an 88 duke with 80K that might have been of some help...

Good luck and I hope your Fiero is up and running before another tear can hit the ground.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
o and also... if this black one works out... some AWESOME Alex pix will be promised
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Tommy

PM Sent

um.. my towing help friend.. possible?

PM sent

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

o and also... if this black one works out... some AWESOME Alex pix will be promised

Pimpin out Alex to get a car. LOL J/K
PFF
System Bot
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

Alright...how soon does this need to be done? Like I said, I've got a set of tools I can bring down with me sometime, but I work every Sunday and Monday...I can request a day off, but which one, lol? If we can figure out a weekend where a few people can be there both on Sunday and Monday, we can easily have it running in those two days. So again, how soon does it need to be running again?

asap, but i am not rushing anyone that is helping, whenever is convieniant for you. it is not my place to say help me faster....i am unbelievably grateful for all who have offered help and realize i must be patient.

thank you all so far and any others who offer assistance!
Tommys86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tommys86Send a Private Message to Tommys86Direct Link to This Post
Alright there Bobo, Ohio indy is pm'ing me to make time to do this for ya. We are thinking The weekend after this coming. I hope you have a place for allot of stuff, I am sending you the car, a dismantled 3800, some extra body parts...If you dont use it...sell it. The 2.8 needs the upper end put back together....The good news is that I have torn down a couple of these, so I am sending extra just about everything. Just happy to get her to a good home. Keep in touch and let me know whats going on.

------------------
What part of "out my way" dont you understand?

1986 Black 2.8 GT "Black Betty....bam a lam" going to BOBADOOFUNK.......
.1986 Red SE....Just waiting!

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
I guess it's as good a time as any for an Archie V8!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Alright there Bobo, Ohio indy is pm'ing me to make time to do this for ya. We are thinking The weekend after this coming. I hope you have a place for allot of stuff, I am sending you the car, a dismantled 3800, some extra body parts...If you dont use it...sell it. The 2.8 needs the upper end put back together....The good news is that I have torn down a couple of these, so I am sending extra just about everything. Just happy to get her to a good home. Keep in touch and let me know whats going on.

wow....just...wow...

All i have to say is thank you, and Everything will be documented (i like doing that anyways )

and yea we have quite a bit of garage space!!

Originally posted by DrCPU:

I guess it's as good a time as any for an Archie V8!

ha as much as any Fiero owner would love a V8... i think this is one of the times where i can do without

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
...just wanted to say, this is another reason why I love our Fiero community, not many other car fanatics would do this to support a fellow nut. You've made me all "Fiero"! (proud).
Tommys86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tommys86Send a Private Message to Tommys86Direct Link to This Post
God D**nit after spending 2 hours in the garage I still havent gotten all this stuff together! I am really gonna miss her. But the local officials are gonna be happy to see me with only one. They can keep a better eye on me then! Yippee! I am looking forward to being able to park in my garage again!
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

God D**nit after spending 2 hours in the garage I still havent gotten all this stuff together! I am really gonna miss her. But the local officials are gonna be happy to see me with only one. They can keep a better eye on me then! Yippee! I am looking forward to being able to park in my garage again!

and i will care for her as i would my own kitty.

(i love my cats..)
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like i had better take the seats out of the van.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

We are thinking The weekend after this coming.

Would that be the weekend of the 26-27th? Not sure if I can get there to help with the wrenching, but whoever ends up paying for shipping needs to PM me so I can send in my pledge.

And Friends, with your donation of just $1 a day, you too can help keep a man's Fiero on the road. And really, what's more important that that? I see the phone lines are lighting up now. Give generously. Remember, a BobadooFunk without a Fiero is a BobadooFunk who can't take pics of Alex for the girls with Fieros thread.

------------------
Got mol problems? Call Avogadro: 1.800.6.022x1023

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
if anyone has any extra v6 gaskets laying around......
PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

if anyone has any extra v6 gaskets laying around......

Actually, I think I might have a full Fel-pro set lying around. Let me look tonight. If I still have them, I'll donate them to the cause.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero Brick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero BrickSend a Private Message to Fiero BrickDirect Link to This Post
If it makes you feel better, Bobadoo, I last drove my fiero in the same month that both my aunt and grandmother died, I lost my job, I decided I had to go inactive in my fraternity, and I realized I'd wasted 2 years of my life getting nowhere in college. It also broke down 300 miles from home.

So... things could be worse. Even if they were, though, they have to get better sometime, just like they did for me. Good luck with your car.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
You only wasted 2 years in college? Oh, man, I've got that beat.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Bobadoo... do you have a paypal addy? I want to contribute the $50 I said I would. It never fails that when you get to working on a car you have to run to the parts store for either a part or a tool, so you can use my contribution for that.
GT-X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Bobadoo... do you have a paypal addy? I want to contribute the $50 I said I would. It never fails that when you get to working on a car you have to run to the parts store for either a part or a tool, so you can use my contribution for that.

yeah what is it already?!?! YOU CAN NOT STOP US FROM THROWING MONEY AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Tyler
1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Hmm...the 26 and 27th? Damn...I have Friday the 25th off, I have to work on Saturday, the 26th and I doubt I'll have Sunday, the 27th off either. Maybe I can switch a shift and get Sunday or Monday off..? If that's the plan, I can most likely do that.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2006 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT-X:

yeah what is it already?!?! YOU CAN NOT STOP US FROM THROWING MONEY AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Tyler

ha i do appreciate that, its just so so hard for me to accept money from people, no matter how down i am... extra stuff taking up space, sure, especially since i can assure you i will treat this car with the utmost care it deserves!.. money is just so hard when i know you work hard for it then to just give it away when i firmly beleive money you earn should be money spent to make you (and loved ones) happy.

but after all this, if i cannot convince you otherwise, i will ask Alex for hers tomorrow as i do not have one... we just use her stuff

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2006 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

ha i do appreciate that, its just so so hard for me to accept money from people, no matter how down i am... extra stuff taking up space, sure, especially since i can assure you i will treat this car with the utmost care it deserves!.. money is just so hard when i know you work hard for it then to just give it away when i firmly beleive money you earn should be money spent to make you (and loved ones) happy.

but after all this, if i cannot convince you otherwise, i will ask Alex for hers tomorrow as i do not have one... we just use her stuff

Sending you $50 WILL make me happy. Knowing I can help someone out a little in their time of need is a good feeling. Sooner or later EVERYONE needs a little help. $50 wont make or break me. There is going to be a time when I am going to need a helping hand from people on this forum and I firmly believe that lending you a hand will be remembered and someone will lend me a hand in return when I need it.

I will be in Akron Ohio for Christmas and New Years (spending time with family and friends, and hopefully getting my car painted during my visit) and I would like to take a drive to PA (weather permitting) to meet you and Alex if thats OK? PM me with your contact info and we will arrange it

------------------

GT-X

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2006 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT-XSend a Private Message to GT-XDirect Link to This Post
and, while some people have spare parts laying around, I dont but I'd still like to help you out. If you feel like you should work for it thats fine too next time you're in MI you can muck out our stalls or mow my lawn or just stop and say hi!

If you don't let me help you out I'll make this smiley ----> go crazy!

alright you asked for it : ;poke;:--->

Tyler

[This message has been edited by GT-X (edited 08-18-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay