Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Okay, it's time for a car show in Punta Gorda. You need to come. April 22 (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Okay, it's time for a car show in Punta Gorda. You need to come. April 22 by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 02-23-2007 01:21 AM
Replies: 150
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 06-26-2008 07:34 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by creator:

Dave, Paul - Thank You for the best chow I ever attending. Was good experience for me, and so nice to meat all this people .We have absolutely great time. Thank You!

You are very welcome. It was great to see everyone come out, just wish I'd planed for more trophies ! I wanted to give out so many more.

The Club putting the main show on was very impressed to see our large turn out.

Does anyone have any more shots they can add ? I would like to see more.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-23-2007).]

IP: Logged
FieroLinks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see that there was such a wonderful turnout at this event. And what a great location, right next to the water. We'll need to keep this show on our calendars for next year and see if we can get over 30 Fieros. I bet the other people were surprised to see so many Fieros.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That looks like a mini Daytona show! Keep it like that for next year Too bad I couldn't attend. Way behind here and had to install an AC compresor in my wife's SUV preparing for the heat comming
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
First I would like to thank Dave and Paul for putting together a very nice show. It was a great turnout! Nice to see some new faces and meet up again with old friends.

Here are a couple pics i took of the cars lined up.

Using GKDINC's (Gary) car as a reference point you can see the line of Fiero's to Gary's right

And now to Gary's left

Here is a rear shot of the cars parked behind the front row

And a front shot of those cars.

I have a few more pics (not many) I will post later.

There were a LOT of very nice Fiero's there and the trophy competition was very close. I took 2 trophy's, 4th place for Repowered and 3rd place for Modified Fiero GT. I lucked out on the 4th place trophy. There was only 1 Re-bodied Fiero there (Alex's, brought by his Father "The Creator") so there was an extra trophy for that class. The extra trophy was given to me as 4th place for repowered. Like I said, the competition was very close! There were 2 - 3800SC (mine and Thecreator), GKDINC with his V8, Kris Munson with a 3.4DOHC and Clem (LT1) with his covette LT1. I'm pretty sure that was it for the Re-Powered but I may be wrong. Sorry if I missed someone.

Looking forward to next years show! Next for me is "The run to the Keys" in Oct. Gives me some time to do a lot more things I have had in mind for my Fiero.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Dave looking to see if he ran over someone?
Actual proof that the car does run as he had to start it to move it out of the trailer (even tho he lives two blocks away)

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Actual proof that the car does run as he had to start it to move it out of the trailer (even tho he lives two blocks away)

Did it make him sick to have to start it? LMAO
Whew just missed getting some in his shoes!

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 04-23-2007).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Did it make him sick to have to start it? LMAO
Whew just missed getting some in his shoes!

LMFAO !!! You guys !!!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-23-2007).]

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
I want to say Thanks to Dave and Paul for hosting a Great Event. Dave put out alot of effort setting everything up. And to all the car owners for taking part. Hope to see everyone next year, and maybe some newbies to S.W, FL
Have a Great Day
Gary
dudewithoutfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
next year my car WIL be there even if i have to put it on a trailer to get it to the show. hopefully it doesn't come that though
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

I want to say Thanks to Dave and Paul for hosting a Great Event. Dave put out alot of effort setting everything up. And to all the car owners for taking part. Hope to see everyone next year, and maybe some newbies to S.W, FL
Have a Great Day
Gary

Your welcome. I was glad to see the large turn out, hope everyone had a good time.

I think the show went pretty good. Wish I had thought to make a few more classes so more people could have received a trophy.

It was funny to see the guys come back with the ten pizza's in the Fiero. I was laughing my butt off. I'm sure the car still smells like pizza !

I would like to plan a few more things for next year, what I don't know, but I want everyone to enjoy themselves.

Hope nobody noticed how nervous I was all day !!

Thanks again for all those that attended.

I need to contact the owner of this black GT, anyone know who he is ?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

a little off topic but what size is your trailer, and how do you get in and out of the car once loaded?
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

a little off topic but what size is your trailer, and how do you get in and out of the car once loaded?

It's a 16' trailer, custom made at 80" tall, so I can store it inside the garage. The overall length tongue to end is 20'

It's a tight fit, I leave the window down, there's room to open the door enough to get one leg out, then bring the other leg out over the top of the door/window. I've been told it looks funny getting in & out, so far, no one has snapped a funny phoro of that ! (that I know of)

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-25-2007).]

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post
thats a really nice trailor...wats the ballpark on one of those???-if you dont mind me asking-

-kaleb
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

It's a 16' trailer, custom made at 80" tall, so I can store it inside the garage. The overall length tongue to end is 20'

It's a tight fit, I leave the window down, there's room to open the door enough to get one leg out, then bring the other leg out over the top of the door/window. I've been told it looks funny getting in & out, so far, no one has snapped a funny phoro of that ! (that I know of)

Thanks for the info. BTW is it 7' or 8.5' wide

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

thats a really nice trailor...wats the ballpark on one of those???-if you dont mind me asking-

-kaleb

Thanks, around 3400 if I remember right. I bought it in May 2003

Originally posted by troyboy:

Thanks for the info. BTW is it 7' or 8.5' wide

It's 7'10" wide on the inside.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
One last post,

Anyone that took photo's at the show, Please e-mail the photo's taken at the show to me. (Need them full size)
Don't post them here, e-mail to CoolBlue87GT@comcast.net

I'm working on a story for the newspaper and I need some good shots to submit.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-26-2007).]

fierosails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosailsClick Here to visit fierosails's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosailsDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say I had a great time at the show. It was the first time I have ever entered one of my own cars into one. There is a number of things I want to do to the car before the next show.

I was looking around under the front deck today and I keep seeing red paint around in areas. Is there a way for me to tell if this car was orig Red? The sticker is not longer inside on the wheel well.

Thanks

Robert
87 gold coupe.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosails:

I just wanted to say I had a great time at the show. It was the first time I have ever entered one of my own cars into one. There is a number of things I want to do to the car before the next show.

I was looking around under the front deck today and I keep seeing red paint around in areas. Is there a way for me to tell if this car was orig Red? The sticker is not longer inside on the wheel well.

Thanks

Robert
87 gold coupe.

The gold was a stock color only in 1987. If there is red (overspray I'm assuming), it may have had that component replaced with a red panel and resrayed. To your knowledge was the car ever in an accident? With the sticker gone from the wheel well, I'm guessing there was an accident in the car's past and the wheel well was replaced as part of the repair.
fierosails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosailsClick Here to visit fierosails's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosailsDirect Link to This Post
Yes the car was in a wreck. I found this out at the show from the guy that did most of the mods to it. It was hit in the front drivers side. He had it fixed at the local ponitac dealer and they did not do things right. The did not fully straighten the cars fonrt end. If you look at the car around the front wheel well you can see thnat the little hump above the tire is now a larger hump. None of the seems in that area line up. Not sure what I will do about all that but I am sure I will do something.

------------------
Robert N.

Robert Nelson's Rockbottom
www.rnrockbottom.com

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Hey Robert, good to see you signed up here on the forum. I like that car of yours, good luck with it.
Have a Good One
Gary
fierosails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosailsClick Here to visit fierosails's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosailsDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Gary.

She is doing good for the most part. I was out driving around town tonight and I noticed that the oil pressure was low. I checked the oil and it's in the okay zone. Not sure if this problem is do to bad draingin from the top of the block to the pan or what. I am also getting alot of oil blowing out my tail pipe as well. After a few days driving I notice that the tail end of the car has a light oil film on it. Could this be the rings going bad or can I atribute that to the oil not draining down as well? Anyone? Thanks all..

------------------
Robert N.

Robert Nelson's Rockbottom
www.rnrockbottom.com

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Robert, I suggest you post that question in the "Technical Dissussion & Questions" section.

More people would get to see the queston there.

Dave
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
Robert... it is the chase that makes a Fiero owner apprechate another Fiero owner...we all admit it was the long way around the Horn but well worth it...Best wishes and every one remember as a Family..."Don't Forget to send Mom a Mothers Day card...!" ( anyone with a Blue Formular 4 cyl has the Rite to Make Discissions here...!)
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
Don't laugh but I have to ask, how do you register for the event and is there a website that shows the address and so forth,

Once I get this going you can count me in for 1 more fiero

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GT2M6:

Don't laugh but I have to ask, how do you register for the event and is there a website that shows the address and so forth,

Once I get this going you can count me in for 1 more fiero

You posted in last years post.

Use this path for this years show. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070161.html

You don't need to register for the show. Just show up !!

Address for the Best Western Hotel located right next to the park.

300 West Esplanade , Punta Gorda Fl 33950

From I-75, take exit 170 , follow into town. Cross Rt 41 , turn right on Taylor rd , left on West Esplanade, follow to show.
( There will be plenty of signs )
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Direct Link to This Post
CoolBlue87GT you must have me confused with someone else with a similar username as I'm new to this forum as of this year. Thanks for the info it is appreciated though.

Look forward to seeing lots of fieros.....see ya all there!

[This message has been edited by 87GT2M6 (edited 04-06-2008).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT you must have me confused with someone else with a similar username as I'm new to this forum as of this year. Thanks for the info it is appreciated though.

No, I meant you are posting in lasts years topic now

This years show is in the following path: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070161.html

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-06-2008).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Hey, what route will you take? I75? I'm leaving from Palm Beach Come up and cross thru Okeechobee lake and we can drive toguerther. It is a more interesting drive than the other one. Let me know if interested
creator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for creatorSend a Private Message to creatorDirect Link to This Post
To bad I can not come
LowLux

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-25-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LowLuxSend a Private Message to LowLuxDirect Link to This Post
huh

[This message has been edited by LowLux (edited 06-25-2008).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2008 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LowLux:

huh

LowLux , Did you have a queston ?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors