Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Okay, it's time for a car show in Punta Gorda. You need to come. April 22 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Okay, it's time for a car show in Punta Gorda. You need to come. April 22 by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 02-23-2007 01:21 AM
Replies: 150
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 06-26-2008 07:34 AM
dudewithoutfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
if i can trade being on call that weekend i'll drive up. i should know end of this week.

i own page 2

[This message has been edited by dudewithoutfiero (edited 03-30-2007).]

IP: Logged
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dudewithoutfiero:

if i can trade being on call that weekend i'll drive up. i should know end of this week.

i own page 2

Hope so. I know about work schedules, I had to work & missed the Daytona show. I had already reserved a room and everything.. That sucked.

I told them, there is no way I'm missing this show.

See ya.
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
we got john from PC also with a Maroon 87 SE 4 cyl with duel exhausts and KM guages from Canada...(rare) Also from here Carl with a 88 Silver GT one of 257 built....
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wayman:

we got john from PC also with a Maroon 87 SE 4 cyl with duel exhausts and KM guages from Canada...(rare) Also from here Carl with a 88 Silver GT one of 257 built....

Okay, I'll add them to the list. Trophies have now been ordered.

Now we need to hear from the Suncoast Fiero club. Any of you coming ???
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
I would like to mention that on the 21 st (Sat) there will be a 5;30 pm drive to Arcadia and back after an icescream stop...(did i spell that rite..?)...antarage leaving at 5:45pm returning at 7:45pm total miles 65mi make sure you tank up for the miles we wouldn't stop fpr gas ... there will be a sweep wagon with basic tools and cell phone to the leader (Me).
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Sent out to all that I could think of in Florida, the following PM. Hope we get more interest in the show.

Hi,

You thinking about coming to the show?

Sorry to bother you, but I need your help. I'm sending this PM to all that might be able to help raise interest.

Can you please help me with contacting anybody you know of that might want to come to the Punta Gorda show ? (April 22)

LT188GT & MRMike are coming.

I'm afraid we won't get enough cars.

Link to thread on PFF : https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064104.html

Here's some of the guys already coming.

Creator : 2 cars
randye . :.
LT188GT
GKDinc :
Exorist :
MrMike :
CoolBlue
JimmyS :
Alex4mula
dudewithoutfiero
Paul 4 cars
papafiero2
Cowabunga_kid
John : 87 SE
Carl : 88 Silver GT

Thanks for any help.

Dave

(contacted the following tonight)

Dragon
tellron
Brygida Fieros
kmunson56
FieroLinks
JumpStart
Billybo455
bonzo
Tom Corey
crytical point
Old Lar
red GT
mrfixit58

------------------

More photos, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/278279

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-03-2007).]

bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
I doubt if the Lt1 will be running but I'll try to make it with the red one.
No promises, I work on Saturdays

------------------

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:
I doubt if the Lt1 will be running but I'll try to make it with the red one.
No promises, I work on Saturdays

Good to hear from you, hope you can make it.

I got an email tonight, the trophy shop got the order Monday & Tuesday they are finished & on the way !!

Thats fast service !
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Dave, I have a couple people I'm working on. Hope they make the show.
Sounds like a fun car show, FL people should show some support.
Bump Bump
Gary
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
Dave;
I saw a yellow GT crusing on 41 south in PG today any ideas...? ( your turf )
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
I spun a rod bearing and trashed the crank in my 2.8 trying to get over to the Daytona show.
Just bought a 3.4 to swap in this past weekend and I'm installing all new bearings, rings, timing set etc. before dropping the cradle on my GT and putting it in.
Here's where I'm at today:

I'm trying like hell to get this done in time for the show down there and I still hope to make it.
Anyone want to come over for a cradle dropping and engine swap party? I'll supply the beer and food

Randy
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Dave;
I saw a yellow GT cruising on 41 south in PG today any ideas...? ( your turf )

I know them, they stop by the Blockbuster now and then in my shopping center. They have yellow pin stripping across the taillights. I talked to them a few months ago.

We had a white GT with chrome wheels in the parking lot today also. First time Ive seen that one.

Last week, I saw a red coupe in the Town Center mall parking lot. I left them a card & info about the show.

Paul, I drove to your shop tonight (6 pm) testing the new caps & t-stat in the Formula. Seems to be working okay so far.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8412 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by randye:

....I'm trying like hell to get this done in time for the show down there and I still hope to make it.
Anyone want to come over for a cradle dropping and engine swap party? I'll supply the beer and food

Randy

Hi Randy,

Wow, looks good so far. If I knew what I was doing, I'd be there to help drink / I mean help work on the engine

Wish you good luck on the project.
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post
wheres this show??? i might bring my fiero if i can...

------------------
Kaleb Z.

85 fiero
V8 Archie Finale rebody kit
17in. chrome wheels
Viper blue paint
eibach springs
custom dual exhaust

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

wheres this show??? i might bring my fiero if i can...

Kaleb, Thats a nice lookin ride. I lke it.

Using MapQuest , address for the Best Western Hotel located right next to the park.

300 West Esplanade , Punta Gorda Fl 33950

From I-75, take exit 170 , follow into town. Cross Rt 41 , turn right on Taylor rd , left on West Esplanade, follow to show.
( There will be plenty of signs )

Here's an aerial shot, I've outlined the park in red.

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post
ok thanx i'll check it out and get back to you
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

240 posts
Member since Jan 2007
ouch!! thats quite a haul from gadsden AL...i'm in north east AL and it takes about 10 hours for me to just get to orlando...theres a show in my town around that time too..not quite as big but there is a guy there with a gt fasrback so i'll prolly end up jus goin to that one ...i may come next year i'll just have to make plans a lil more in advance ..i'll prolly have a different fiero by then too

-Kaleb
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

I spun a rod bearing and trashed the crank in my 2.8 trying to get over to the Daytona show.
Just bought a 3.4 to swap in this past weekend and I'm installing all new bearings, rings, timing set etc. before dropping the cradle on my GT and putting it in.

I'm trying like hell to get this done in time for the show down there and I still hope to make it.

Randy

PM Sent
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
Dave;
if the water pump is nosiey thats one thing but generaly they leak and you lose water.. or the caps are fried... did it do well...? stable temp...?
did you talk with any one in the AACA ?on the judging...? i know we will have our own group but if bu chance the AACA could nominate a fiero for (?)...something anywho(way)...?
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Dave;
Did you talk with any one in the AACA ?on the judging...? i know we will have our own group but if bu chance the AACA could nominate a fiero for (?)...something anywho(way)...?

Paul, I spoke to Steve Estock tonight. Told him about the expected number of cars. The car AACA club is having a meeting Thursday night, told him you would fill him in with any details I left out.

Would like to get us all parked together at the show. Maybe along the sea wall next to the water ? Hoping for more than 20 - 25 Fieros.

I'll try to shake the trees some more & see who falls out, Still waiting to hear from the PM's I sent.

B.T.W. saw another yellow Fiero today in our shopping center, it was a coupe w/ rear spoiler this time.
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
Dave ...Steve said our guys gcan get in for $10...as a fiero entry cause we have our own Trouphys...GooD thing Hey...! tyhey welcome our input and keeping the AutoHobby Fresh and alive with new interests...
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Paul, please call my cell phone ASAP
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
when are you planning this? maybe i can swing by for a few hours to lend a hand.

Randy

wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
TheGrand-Tourismo (GT) "De PC- Arcadia Tour" will be leaving at 5:45Pm from the Park 04-21-07 ...MAKE-NOTES, No Gas stops NO waiting at start time ;sweep wagon will have basic tools and cell phone+walkie talkie. CH 16. any questions before call Me at 941-627-6007....The .GT Starts at the Gill Chrest Park In PG FL 33950@ 5:30 04-21-07(Rain-or-shine) wayman is the Tour leader... no one at any time is to pass the leader (eidiq) all traffic rules will be strictly observed,,,we will be watched...Hummm ! so be on your best behavior for next years GT or you will be black balled...! if you have a pace maker make sure the batteries are up...! stay aware of your surroundings . if the group gets split the leader will wait till the grourp reataches...(rolling) ;speed limites will be observed set and a map will be given befor the ride incase you get seperated and want to meet us down the road etc. total miles is 66 miles aprox arival in PG 7:45pm
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

TheGrand-Tourismo (GT) "De PC- Arcadia Tour" will be leaving at 5:45Pm from the Park 04-21-07 ...MAKE-NOTES, No Gas stops NO waiting at start time ;sweep wagon will have basic tools and cell phone+walkie talkie. CH 16. any questions before call Me at 941-627-6007....The .GT Starts at the Gill Chrest Park In PG FL 33950@ 5:30 04-21-07(Rain-or-shine) wayman is the Tour leader... no one at any time is to pass the leader (eidiq) all traffic rules will be strictly observed,,,we will be watched...Hummm ! so be on your best behavior for next years GT or you will be black balled...! if you have a pace maker make sure the batteries are up...! stay aware of your surroundings . if the group gets split the leader will wait till the grourp reataches...(rolling) ;speed limites will be observed set and a map will be given befor the ride incase you get seperated and want to meet us down the road etc. total miles is 66 miles aprox arival in PG 7:45pm

Speed limits? We don't need no stinking speed limits! hehehehe
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
The Trophies came today !!!

Which one is yours ????

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-06-2007).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnkfl:

when are you planning this? maybe i can swing by for a few hours to lend a hand.

Slight change of plans Shawn. I have a new friend that owns an auto service garage and he's offered me use of one of his lifts as soon as I'm ready.
This cradle drop should be a *breeze*....oops, I just cursed it now

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 04-06-2007).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

The Trophies came today !!!

Which one is yours ????

Can't tell. You show me. Take a closer pic of mine.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 04-07-2007).]

wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
After the GT can go to the CCRace Track and get an ear ful of late Model Racing by the locals...#92 car. old time favorate Mike Holms. $12 that would end at 10:00 Pm./ also there will be a Gigantic Street festival which is linked up with the weekend and theres entereainment thru the night...! Your /Choice
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Can't tell. You show me. Take a closer pic of mine.

Ok I am quoting myself on this one.

CoolBlue, being the quick witted person he is, decided to reply to this post by email. When I checked my email this morning and seen his reply I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

I am posting his reply here cause those of you who know what I went through with my swap will find it funny.

"How about this one ? Ha ha (just kidding !!)"

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

CoolBlue, being the quick witted person he is, decided to reply to this post by email. When I checked my email this morning and seen his reply I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

I am posting his reply here cause those of you who know what I went through with my swap will find it funny.

"How about this one ? Ha ha (just kidding !!)"

Hi Jimmy, Glad you liked that. I was worried you would take it wrong.

As Paul posted earlier, the club putting on the show cut us a break, making it 1/2 price for the Fiero's !!!

So how about it ? Who else will step up the the "microphone" & say they are comming ?
PFF
System Bot
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Dave, I talked to another Cape Coral person today that said he would make the show. He visits the forum now and then so maybe he will see this post.
Good Luck
Gary
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
well i just got back from Miami and in three days on the road i didnt see not one Fiero...? I thought the Easter Bunny Drove a pink Fiero...?
wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
fix it fiero pizza day Sat 4/15 at 4150 whidden shop...call for directions...fix those small problems with expert guidence...etc, 941 627 6007
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there but w/o my Fiero
FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I can make it but, Dave C. (Suncoast Fieros Prez) said that he was going to try to make it and is calling some of the club members that are not on-line yet. I have a feeling that there will be at least 20 Fieros at this event.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

I'll be there but w/o my Fiero

Good, see ya there.

Originally posted by FieroLinks:

I don't think I can make it but, Dave C. (Suncoast Fieros Prez) said that he was going to try to make it and is calling some of the club members that are not on-line yet. I have a feeling that there will be at least 20 Fieros at this event.

Thanks, that would be great. I thank all those that have helped get the word out.

It's going to be a great show, thanks to you all !!

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-11-2007).]

Proud88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Proud88GTClick Here to visit Proud88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Proud88GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey David what about me. You did not contact me. I am trying to get things in order to attend this show it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Mitchell
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Proud88GT:

Hey David what about me. You did not contact me. I am trying to get things in order to attend this show it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Mitchell

Oh My God !!! That would be fantastic !!!!! I thought you might be to far away. Hope you can make it.

Now I have to find a set of headers to get another photo like this !!

wayman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for waymanSend a Private Message to waymanDirect Link to This Post
We also have a friend from Dayton Dhio driving his ricikitey 86 GT for the longest distance trophy....and longest prayer...ha! he needs some parts and a good laugh...i told him we'll have both just bring the AAA card so you'll make it...! you will be amazed to see we dont care if your car si show quality... we have a 86 gold coupe with original Herricane charlie scratches and bangs,no broken glass(Lucky). i also have an 87 GT blue Auto with one Mrs Lori rear Quater glass and one returned yet to be delivered ... but what the heck every picture tells a storey.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock