Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Drove an Ecotec Powered Fiero today (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Drove an Ecotec Powered Fiero today by Capt Fiero
Started on: 08-11-2006 12:19 AM
Replies: 172
Last post by: wftb on 05-19-2008 08:20 PM
FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

it will improve reliability.and if i really want to spend the money i can buy the turbo or supercharger kit and then it would run with most of the v8's.

your kidding right? As soon as you start boosting things reliabilty goes out the window because people can't stop at a good thing. Next thing you know your running 30 lbs of boost and that isn't gonna make the engine live longer. Don't get me wrong i'm all for something better than a 2.8 but classing this swap with a V-8 swap is ludicrous ( not Ludacris) . I guess people are so tainted by all these junkyard V-8 swaps to realize what a semi built up small block will do. As for revving to 6500 rpm's well a small block can do that to so that is another reason to not class it with a V-8 . Oh V-8 swap is not equal to 4.9 swap . This is making my head hurt .

on my setup the engine is further ahead towards the middle of the car than the v6.add to that 150 lbs less weight and i am expecting a better weight distrubution.this engine appears to be set in the same location as mine.

By removing weight from the rear you actually change your weight bias from rear to front. You'll be changing your split to 50/50 or higher in the front ( mid engines handle better with more bias in the back correct? ) . How do you make an inline 4 cyl have more weight forward of the rear wheels? Did you lay it on it's side? I don't see how removing 150 lbs off the rear tires is gonna make your car handle better ? I don't know maybe i'm just confused . . . please shed some light on this for the uneducated.

Rant off , Asbestose undies on
------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

[This message has been edited by FIEROPHREK (edited 10-22-2006).]

IP: Logged
KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

your kidding right? As soon as you start boosting things reliabilty goes out the window because people can't stop at a good thing. Next thing you know your running 30 lbs of boost and that isn't gonna make the engine live longer. Don't get me wrong i'm all for something better than a 2.8 but classing this swap with a V-8 swap is Ludacris. I guess people are so tainted by all these junkyard V-8 swaps to realize what a semi built up small block will do. As for revving to 6500 rpm's well a small block can do that to so that is another reason to not class it with a V-8 . Oh V-8 swap is not equal to 4.9 swap . This is making my head hurt

Do you know anything about the ecotec? As a rather large Jbody (cavalier/sunfire) fan before the fiero, there are folks boosting over 10PSI on all stock internals with NO problems. Of the Hundreds of Turbo Ecotecs on Jbody.org, only a hand full of PROPERLY TUNED engines have blown. Obviously there have been other accidents, and obviously running 30Psi on a stock engine.is a rather risky idea. But yeah, the Ecotec is a very boost friendly engine.....And done right and properly tuned, it will EASILY hang with a V-8, No Problems.

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
all cars no matter where they have there engine located ,handle better with a 50/50 weight distribution.getting rid of 150 lbs off the back of my fiero has made an improvement in my cars balance .it rides better now and handles very neutral ,no understeer or oversteer .getting rid of weight also ups your power to weight ratio ,that is more speed at the same horsepower level.you can boost a stock ecotec to 270 hp + ,after that you risk rod failure .as far as the weight foreward ,i was going by the fact that the harmonic balancer seems further foreward on the 4 cyl than the 2.8 .something to do with the cavalier transaxle i guess.4000 km so far with no problems.
deejayee

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deejayeeSend a Private Message to deejayeeDirect Link to This Post
I am the owner of the ecotec fiero and I paid around 12,000 can, however, this included, new suspension, engine, tranny, headers, braided hosing, new triflow cam, brakes, headlights, complete LED lighting all around, plus powersteering, poly everywhere. The complete engine, tranny, and computer only cost 1500 can. This is a naturally aspirated engine with around 195 hp...stock as you already know is around 140hp. The triflow cam with the cold air intake is what brings it up to around 200hp. After researching many different engine, I decided on the ecotec because of fuel economy, newer engine design, engine can stand modification. 150 lbs lighter than stock. My mechanic advised me that if in future I wanted more power the next step would be turbo or supercharger, very pricey.

Shifter clarifications, the shift is not backwards it is a mirror image, e.g. instead of 1,2,3,4,5,r...it is now .r,5,4,3,2,1. (3 and 4 have not changed position) The reason the shifter has changed is because we are using the fiero cabling which was too short to go around the whole engine which is how the stock cavalier works. If we would have spotted this early in the swap we could have ordered longer cabling and the shifter pattern would have remained the same. My mechanic just put it together this way temporarily. However as someone mentioned before it is a great antitheft device.

To answer someones earlier request in this thread, my mechanic has a company called Groundforceauto. His specialty is customization. Unfortunately, his website is underconstruction so he can be reached at 604 309-1044.
deejayee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deejayeeSend a Private Message to deejayeeDirect Link to This Post

deejayee

16 posts
Member since Dec 2005
regarding weight bias, even after losing 150lbs off the rear of a fiero it will still be heavier in the rear...just closer to 50/50
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
my do it yourself conversion cost about 1400.00 cdn .i have not modded the ecotec at all yet and i am happy with the performance .but i hope one day to put in one of the supercharged motors ,they havent started showing up at the wreckers yet.
DemonDriver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DemonDriver1Send a Private Message to DemonDriver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KeithGT:
Do you know anything about the ecotec? As a rather large Jbody (cavalier/sunfire) fan before the fiero, there are folks boosting over 10PSI on all stock internals with NO problems. Of the Hundreds of Turbo Ecotecs on Jbody.org, only a hand full of PROPERLY TUNED engines have blown. Obviously there have been other accidents, and obviously running 30Psi on a stock engine.is a rather risky idea. But yeah, the Ecotec is a very boost friendly engine.....And done right and properly tuned, it will EASILY hang with a V-8, No Problems.

What are the 10psi echotech running?

1/4 mile and WHP?

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DemonDriver1:

What are the 10psi echotech running?

1/4 mile and WHP?

Good Question......

and welcome to the forum.

------------------
Failing to prepare - Is preparing to fail....

I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

KeithGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2006 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KeithGTSend a Private Message to KeithGTDirect Link to This Post
heres a 03 cavalier running 10.5-11 psi

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Yep, I wished my 3.4 would do that!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

your kidding right? As soon as you start boosting things reliabilty goes out the window because people can't stop at a good thing. Next thing you know your running 30 lbs of boost and that isn't gonna make the engine live longer. Don't get me wrong i'm all for something better than a 2.8 but classing this swap with a V-8 swap is Ludacris.

I don't know much about the ecotec, but...

Ludacris =

Ludicrous = lu·di·crous Pronunciation: 'lü-d&-kr&s Function: adjective Etymology: Latin ludicrus, from ludus play, sport; perhaps akin to Greek loidoros abusive

1 : amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 10-22-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Ludacris =

Ludicrous =
laughable through obvious absurdity <--------- Thats the one i meant

Those are ok numbers i guess but thats at 10 psi. Now go look at the main page of pennocks and take a peak at the 508 hp fiero. Those numbers are at the wheels on a 150 shot of nitrous. The car weights 2920 with the driver. So lets say that we take away the 150 shot. We are still sitting at 358 hp at the wheels. thast a far cry from a boosted 243 hp at the wheels. I'd put my money on the LS powered fiero to walk away from a boosted ecotech fiero like there is no tomorrow. The 150 lbs you'd loose by using the ecotech will warrant you about .15 of a second in the quarter mile. Personally i think you'd need more than that to hang with a Nick's LS1 fiero.

------------------

[This message has been edited by FIEROPHREK (edited 10-22-2006).]

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
An LS1 is not a typical V8 though. Put the eco against a decent sbc and see where it gets you. Plus the added weight will hurt the handling. Just a thought. Drew

------------------

1985 GT Fastback ;)
Low Original Miles at 41,506!!!

Otherwise stock for now ;)

1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post

1fastcaddy

618 posts
Member since Oct 2004

The car weights 2920 with the driver.

Think about the eco then. How much gain is that than a stock fiero? Cause he said 150 less than the stock v6. Also, the eco weighs less than the stock 4 so were prolly talkin 2500 with the driver, dependin on what options the car has. Put an eco in an 84 with just a few options and we might be talkin sub 2500 lb mark. Im just thinkin out loud here but a 2500 lb car with 250-300 hp puts it in the corvette killer range, am I right? Laters, Drew

------------------

1985 GT Fastback ;)
Low Original Miles at 41,506!!!

Otherwise stock for now ;)

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
So if the eco is 500 lbs lighter you'll gain .5 of a second . I think power off idle of the LS still have no problem putting the eco in the mirror. I would really love these to combo's go head to head. Yes an iron block SBC is heavy but once again it is quite capable of make tons o power (read that as not a junkyard tpi swap) . Has this ecotech fiero been to the track yet? just wondering what kinda numbers it ran non boosted.

------------------

DemonDriver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DemonDriver1Send a Private Message to DemonDriver1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fastcaddy:

An LS1 is not a typical V8 though. Put the eco against a decent sbc and see where it gets you. Plus the added weight will hurt the handling. Just a thought. Drew

The LS1 IS a typical V8, its being swapped into anything and everything. I dont understand that comment.

What is your definition of a decent SBC.

fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
yeah I didn't understand that either, seeing how an LS1 crate engine runs about 25% more than a 3800 SC crate engine. It's not that exotic. Now if it was a 10,000 dollar engine then I could see it not being a feesible engine to compare, but 5 - 6K is not out of the question.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post
an LS1 engine is an aluminum block and head motor ,5.7 L originally found in corvettes .it is not a run of the mill v8 .when i said a turbo eco would run with most v8's ,i was talking about the cast iron block and head motors that seem to be the basis of most v8 swaps here on the forum. an LS1 in a fiero will probably outrun just about anything out there and is becoming a more popular swap but there are not too many out there . newer LS2,3,4,5,6and7 motors are even faster than LS1's .
lets do some math: a 3000lb car with an above average cast iron chevy running 320hp has a power to weight ratio of 9.375 lbs per hp .a 2500 lb car with a turbo eco running 270hp has power to weight ratio of 9.25 lbs per hp .so there wont be much difference in speed ,the winner would be determined by tires and transmission choices.
i am not knocking sbc swaps , to each ther own.as far as costs go ,pace sells LS1 crate engines for i think 4188.00 .that engine had no intake ,wiring or exhaust .and then you need a build kit.so the cost is way over what i did my eco for.
the main reason i did an eco swap is because it is something a little different from what most people are doing (there are only 2 running in the world at last count) and i knew it would improve handling and i have a modern drive train that i can actually get parts for from a gm dealer.i enjoy driving my fiero more than ever before.
wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbDirect Link to This Post

wftb

3692 posts
Member since Jun 2005
i am talking hp at the crank here ,i am assuming the dyno result was at the rear wheels .
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't know many V8's cast iron or not that are making less than 250hp. Even if the V8 made only 220hp at the rear wheels the sheer torque of the V8 on launch will kill a 250hp wheel HP Turbo Ecotec. To add to that, if you build a SBC V8 that only makes 250hp the engine will probably outlast the car. There are a lot of old smogger V8's that run 300,000 because they are not being pushed to make the big HP numbers.

The Ecotec is a unique and fun swap. Its not out there to win races and go fast. I am sure it can be made to go fast, but look at the dyno sheet posted, it makes bupkiss below 4000rpms and that is with a turbo pushing 10psi.

I am not trying to put down another persons swap. But you just can't compare it to a V8 sbc or otherwise.
88GT5.0KILLER
From: Watching a once great nation become a 3rd world slum. The power of stockpiles of ammo.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2006 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT5.0KILLERSend a Private Message to 88GT5.0KILLERDirect Link to This Post

an LS1 engine is an aluminum block and head motor ,5.7 L originally found in corvettes .it is not a run of the mill v8 .when i said a turbo eco would run with most v8's ,i was talking about the cast iron block and head motors that seem to be the basis of most v8 swaps here on the forum. [QUOTE]

an LS1 in a fiero will probably outrun just about anything out there and is becoming a more popular swap but there are not too many out there . newer LS2,3,4,5,6and7 motors are even faster than LS1's .
lets do some math: a 3000lb car with an above average cast iron chevy running 320hp has a power to weight ratio of 9.375 lbs per hp .a 2500 lb car with a turbo eco running 270hp has power to weight ratio of 9.25 lbs per hp .so there wont be much difference in speed ,the winner would be determined by tires and transmission choices.

Look at that Dyno graph again. Whats the TRQ at 3000 rpm? Yeah, you'll be looking at tail lights.

i am not knocking sbc swaps , to each ther own.as far as costs go ,pace sells LS1 crate engines for i think 4188.00 .that engine had no intake ,wiring or exhaust .and then you need a build kit.so the cost is way over what i did my eco for..

yes it is more money than what you spent, if you want a LS1. We can go dollar for dollar. SBC parts are EVERYWHERE. Most people dont know how to use them. You are making the classic mistake like so many closet ricers that used to dwell here and think that this forum represents what a V8 can do. I hate to break it to you and everyone else. A stock TPI is a disappointment. Even the guys that had a IROC yanked that crap outta there LOL

i have a modern drive train that i can actually get parts for from a gm dealer.i enjoy driving my fiero more than ever before.

Again, Summit Racing sells all kinds of SBC parts .
PFF
System Bot
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
www.realfierotech.com

You are correct. A moderatly boosted ecotec is perfectly reliable. Come to our foum where your swap will be appreciated.

Good luck getting respect for a 4 cylinder engine on this fourm...

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic
3.4 dohc Install
Sub Install
Northstar Install

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GT5.0KILLER:
Look at that Dyno graph again. Whats the TRQ at 3000 rpm? Yeah, you'll be looking at tail lights.

How much time is spent below 3000rpm?

On my car, the only time you're below 3000rpm is when you're going slower than 20mph.

So yes, the LS1 will get the jump... But once the turbo spools....
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

www.realfierotech.com

You are correct. A moderatly boosted ecotec is perfectly reliable. Come to our foum where your swap will be appreciated.

Good luck getting respect for a 4 cylinder engine on this fourm...

Hey douche no one is disrespecting his swap . We are just trying to open peoples eyes to the reality of what a V-8 is actually capable of. Your one of those guys thats tainted by all these tpi swaps aren't you? 247 boosted hp at the wheels is cool because it's more than the 120 from a 2.8 . But 247 is childs play in comparison to what is out there stock running the streets. I'd love to see a boosted 10psi eco fiero get stomped by a srt-8 charger or a boosted WS6 running 8 psi . LOL that would be funny as hell, because you wouldn't undrstand why it happened . Don't act like a fa-qin saint to this guy, you know as soon as he signs up over there you clowns will give him a rash of sh!t about his swap cause it runs 14.5 in the 1/4 and it'll get smoked by a stock srt-4 . I should of started my own thread cause we are ruining this guys swap thread . . . sorry deejayee. Your car looks nice no disrespect toward your swap it's yours. Not my cup o tea but that don't mean anything cause it isn't mine.

Originally posted by deejayee:

This is a naturally aspirated engine with around 195 hp...stock as you already know is around 140hp. The triflow cam with the cold air intake is what brings it up to around 200hp.

Be carefull you'll be called Calikid jr for this comment on the RFT
Unless of course you have a dyno sheet and a vid to prove it.

I bet Shaun is foaming at the mouth waiting for this guy LOL . Got luck your gonna need it.

------------------

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1fastcaddy:

30 lbs forward of the rear axles does NOT affect handling. I have a ZZ4 V-8 and the weight difference between a 2.8L with auto and a ZZ4 with a 4-spd is only 30 lbs.

As for the Ecotec swap, I think it is great. I remember when many laughed at Pontiac when the SD4 came out. Everyone harped on the engine being a little 4-cyl until it started getting 300-500hp and kicking the competitions butt.

If I recall a built Ecotec is hitting 1000hp+ in full race build. Chances are if they were still building the Fiero, The Ecotec would most likely be the base engine. Just like the Cobalt and G5's. Not to mention they have turbo'd and supercharged versions from the factory.
The Solstice GXP has a turbo and has 270hp. It makes the Solstice GXP faster then the 3.5L V-6 350Z convertable and only .1 seconds slower than the 6-cyl 3.0L BMW Z4. I'm sure with little mods, you can get it to 300hp.

The swap looks great. The only thing I would suggest doing is ducting the air intake all the way to the side scoop like stock so it gets the cooler air. Having the cone filter in the engine compartment causes hot air to be drawn in.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

16460 posts
Member since Jan 2000

We are just trying to open peoples eyes to the reality of what a V-8 is actually capable of.

Being a V-8 owner, I already know what one is capable of. You on the other hand seem to "think" you do.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

I'd love to see a boosted 10psi eco fiero get stomped by a srt-8 charger or a boosted WS6 running 8 psi . LOL that would be funny as hell, because you wouldn't undrstand why it happened .

I'd love to see your car get stomped by a FWD 4 banger...

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/whp/2/999a935a-1f2c-42c1-bb76-5a0fe52bd04a.htm

LOL that would be funny as hell, because you wouldn't understand why it happened.

b-b-b-but 10 cylinder > 4 cylinder?? (assuming you have a car that is...)

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 10-24-2006).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
a 300 crank hp fiero (about a 10-12psi boosted ecotec) will be as fast as a 06 GTO making 400 crank HP from an LS2 v8 -

i'd say thats pretty respectable especially considering the ion redline and cobalt redline guys are upgrading to 60lb injectors on the stock SC's because at about 300 crank HP the already upgraded to 42# injectors are almost maxing out - the 60lb injectors are good for about 450hp - and thats on stock internals.. as long as they are tuned perperly people aren't breaking them.

now upgrade the rods and pistons and they can make a lot more reliably, and run to 8000rpm.

engine dynamics aside - the biggest argument for a "low torque" boosted 4cyl vs a high torque v8 in a fiero is that torque is what kills transmissions, not HP. the tranny will be a lot more reliable with a boosted 4cyl at the same HP levels. plus the ecotec manual is stronger than the fiero trannies.

its a good swap with a lot of potential
Derek2M6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek2M6Send a Private Message to Derek2M6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

I'd love to see your car get stomped by a FWD 4 banger...

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/whp/2/999a935a-1f2c-42c1-bb76-5a0fe52bd04a.htm

LOL that would be funny as hell, because you wouldn't understand why it happened.

b-b-b-but 10 cylinder > 4 cylinder?? (assuming you have a car that is...)

I really hope this was a joke, did you actually watch the video? The Viper doesn't even press on the gas, you can tell because of the cars behind it; the distance between them and the viper hardly changes. The guy in the Viper just had a look of when the guy honked at him.

[This message has been edited by Derek2M6 (edited 10-24-2006).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Derek2M6:
I really hope this was a joke, did you actually watch the video? The Viper doesn't even press on the gas, you can tell because of the cars behind it; the distance between them and the viper hardly changes.

If you notice, the distance between the SRT and viper hardly changes, but the speed increases a LOT. The red car behind them was trying to keep up as well.

edit: okay, here's a better one. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/srt/3/ce1ef68f-a55b-452e-be1a-983e0150bc18.htm

2.4L of 4 banging fury vs 6.0L of V8 torque... (language.)

I'm surprised nobody has said it needs 150mph for the 2.4 to pull on the v8?

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 10-24-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Being a V-8 owner, I already know what one is capable of. You on the other hand seem to "think" you do.

Dude you got a crate zz4 . 350hp at the crank you dynoed 300+ at the wheels right? Thats one step above a TPI swap in my book. Apparently you know what a very mild small block is capable of. Hell i believe Bryson dynoed higher than you with his turbo quad4 . Look a little harder and you'll see a SBC is capable of ALOT more. My s-10 blazer has a mild 350 small block in it and it's getting yanked because it's freeking weak, I barely beat a couple of 4th gen lt1 camaros with it .

------------------

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

FIEROPHREK

4424 posts
Member since Mar 2004

If you notice, the distance between the SRT and viper hardly changes, but the speed increases a LOT. The red car behind them was trying to keep up as well.

edit: okay, here's a better one. http://videos.streetfire.net/search/srt/3/ce1ef68f-a55b-452e-be1a-983e0150bc18.htm

2.4L of 4 banging fury vs 6.0L of V8 torque... (language.)

I'm surprised nobody has said it needs 150mph for the 2.4 to pull on the v8?

I thought the viper was a V-10? More cylinders doesn't make it better

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5893f8c9-123b-4cd4-ab8a-984e0005cc20.htm

oops my bad that might be a big block knuckle dragger motor sorry, damn wrong again it's a 401 cid olds rocket block.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/558f459d-5d6a-4ac3-addf-985c00125c90.htm

The vettes in these video's would make the almight SRT-4 NEON look like it was in park . . .

As luda would say

.peace out sucka's !

------------------

[This message has been edited by FIEROPHREK (edited 10-24-2006).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Look a little harder and you'll see a SBC is capable of ALOT more.

Of course it is. It has more displacement. That makes it "easier" to get power. But who here is going to spend $2000 on cylinder heads? Or a Holley stealth ram? Nobody.
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

ryan.hess

20784 posts
Member since Dec 2002

The vettes in these video's would make the almight SRT-4 NEON look like it was in park . . .

Proof that it doesn't really matter what you drive... 4,6,8,10 cylinder... They can all go fast if you invest the money. And IMHO, they can all be made to go fast pretty reliabily. A 1000hp 2.5L and a 1000hp 5.7L will both blow up some day... If either lasts longer than 50,000 miles I'd say that's pretty reliable.

FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post

Of course it is. It has more displacement. That makes it "easier" to get power. But who here is going to spend $2000 on cylinder heads? Or a Holley stealth ram? Nobody.

Your absolutly right man. Alot of cheap people expecting huge power.

------------------

88GT5.0KILLER
From: Watching a once great nation become a 3rd world slum. The power of stockpiles of ammo.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 141
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2006 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT5.0KILLERSend a Private Message to 88GT5.0KILLERDirect Link to This Post

2K on heads? I dont know what catalog youre shopping out of.
All the examples I see are BOOSTED to the MAX 4 bangers
Yeah Im sure those mods are cheaper

Plus as usual the comparison is STOCK V8s vs. BOOSTED 4 bangers. Because you know what the out come would be motor to motor.

Jeez some people parents did a real sh!tty job.

Like the 1 guys sig says......running 11s in a 4 banger is like coming out of the closet. Its shocking at first but in the end youre still a HOMO.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Blah blah blah blah blah.

Who cares what the heck the dyno graph looks like?

IS IT FUN TO DRIVE?
ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Like the 1 guys sig says......running 11s in a 4 banger is like coming out of the closet. Its shocking at first but in the end youre still a HOMO.

And you're running..... 15's?
Fosgatecavy98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2006 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post

2K on heads? I dont know what catalog youre shopping out of.
All the examples I see are BOOSTED to the MAX 4 bangers
Yeah Im sure those mods are cheaper

Plus as usual the comparison is STOCK V8s vs. BOOSTED 4 bangers. Because you know what the out come would be motor to motor.

Jeez some people parents did a real sh!tty job.

But ya know Id be much more interested in watching a 4 banger doing 11s, seriously is it new to watch a v8 going down the strip? To see something new actually happening is sweet.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock