Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Widebody Construction ... STARTED...Here is the Final look. (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Widebody Construction ... STARTED...Here is the Final look. by jigsaw
Started on: 05-26-2005 06:27 PM
Replies: 107
Last post by: ducattiman on 04-24-2006 12:53 PM
netpro55

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2005 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro55Click Here to visit netpro55's HomePageSend a Private Message to netpro55Direct Link to This Post
maybe 2\3 the width but I love the idea. run with it.
IP: Logged
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
..nevermind..

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 05-27-2005).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Whats the real chance of you or someone actually putting this together? I ask this because that it the same look I was thinking about but have no ability to make it. I would be interested in purchasing the first one Please let me know what you think is the chance of going from this idea to a real car done!

Thanks,
Jesse
racerjt@vafieroclub.com

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jigsaw:
and the rear stock
and the rear after the chop and widebody.

tell me your thoughts, I want a widebody, But I still want it to look like a fiero as you look at the side profile.

IMO the photoshop'd pick is way too wide. It even appears to be wider than an IRM wide body and from looking at it...it's nearly 18" out from the body. Remember, the farthest point for known production rims are 13" and they will cost you a bundle. Given that size limit in mind, you'll only need to go outward (from the stock body) of 5-6" at the most, leaving 1" just enough to tuck-in the rear wheels. This has been my own experience with the Redux and #15 using 11" rear rims. I could go outward another 1-2" inches. Anything beyond that would IMO defeats my original purpose.

As you've stated, "I want it to look like a Fiero." IMO the key is too add items or exaggerate the existing body part to appear normal but...in reality not.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-28-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I was doing a "search" for a lite purple colored gt fastback with very wide front and rear fender flares as a example. Maybe MinntgreenGt could find it?

Edit; Okay I found it:

As you can see from this wide fender pic, your photoshop pic is wider then this purple GT pic or even wider than #15.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-28-2005).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
How about Green widebody? From last years Fiero Dutch Classic in Gettysburg, PA.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-28-2005).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2005 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I am about a 1" wider then this one above..( I love that Green one)
I found a pic of mine(in progress)
This is looking downward on the passengerside-facing forward...

------------------

Choptytopped WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

[This message has been edited by NotAFieroAnyLonger (edited 05-28-2005).]

88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
or the green fastback widebody that was at the show arty had in lancaster, Pa sometime last year at longs park (same one as above... lol)

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

hey arty, that decal holding up...
...did he fall off the edge of the earth or what...? (havent heard from him in awhile)

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

I am about a 1" wider then this one above..( I love that Green one)
I found a pic of mine(in progress)
This is looking downward on the passengerside-facing forward...

not to be mean or anything steve... but aside from the small ones in your sigh... thats the only other picture ive ever seen of your car... lol, please, look for more :-p or do u need a camera...?

Zmau86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zmau86Send a Private Message to Zmau86Direct Link to This Post
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Not a fan of the green widebody. I like jigsaw's concept because aside from being wider, it still looks factory. I do not like when they have to comprimise for the stock GT tail lights, when you make the actual lights wider like jigsaw has, it looks 100% better imo.

The wheels are photoshopped, they are an exageration. I would buy one! Looks as wide as an enzo or diablo.

[This message has been edited by crzyone (edited 05-29-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
well Guys I love all the reviews.. and to answer the question as to what is the Likelyness of this kit being completed.. well Its Not a Question. I have my first chasis THat will be the Buck for the front Moulds. I will post pics this week of the initiation of the car, and the start of the work. On the rear wheels Well If you have never seen a 335/35/18 in real life... well its worth the drive to a custom Tire shop, or a local exotic car dealership.. These tires are VERY wide. At a sidewall to sidewall width of almost 18 Inches. I specialize in Exotics here at my shop, and have worked on Exotics since I was first starting out. I grew up in LA My first job as a painters helper was at the ferrari dealership In Hollywood. I later became the lead painter after 3 years of training. I have carried that experience with me and have grown even more.. Although we never stop learning, I do have 16 years of experience. I have had my own custom shop here in Oklahome now for 7 years. I have built and owned many kitcars, for me as well as customers. I have also Owned the real thing. I have owned 3 Ferraris. 2 - 308s and one 1974 Dino LeMans. On my dino I had 345/35/15 rear tires. and Well there is nothing like that rear view.. I will be using my expertise as I venture out into this project. as well as Knowing EXACTLY what I didnt like about all the kits I have assembled before. To all that are Taking This Pic so Serious... Just a Reminder... Its a Photoshop, and It can only come so close to What the actual Porduct will be.. So Keep up With this thread, and you will see the project come together and You will see Why I am sticking with this Design. Stay Tuned..

------------------

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Jigsaw... I love the photo above! It makes me even gladder that I have a Fiero! That's quite a resume you ahve up there- should quiet alot of naysayers.

------------------

There isn’t much better in this life than finding a way to spend a few hours in conversation with people you respect and love. You have to carve this time out of your life because you aren’t really living without it.

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
NICE

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Would you please work your photoshop magic on these pics for me to see?
http://www.fierosails.com/images/StripesRFront.jpg
http://www.fierosails.com/images/StripesLRear.jpg

Thanks
Jesse

[This message has been edited by Racer_JT (edited 05-29-2005).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2005 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Jigsaw you Steve(smooth) need to come to Austin in Oct for the big show here( fieros only )
Love to meet ya.

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. Custom

jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2005 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
hey Jesse here is a quick Photoshop of your car, I didnt do the mirrors, But its a good look at the stock roofline with the widebody. I will spend some more time and post a better pic this evening, I will also E/mail it to you.

jigsaw

------------------

[This message has been edited by jigsaw (edited 05-30-2005).]

rims05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2005 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rims05Send a Private Message to rims05Direct Link to This Post
hey i love the concept i'm really excited to see it finished and painted, with the mirror problem, all you would have to do is make a little "mirror stilt" to put the mirror above the fender,

keep with ur idea make it however wide you want, its gonna look sweet its the best widebody concept i've seen

Travis

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2005 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Since you will be redoing just about all the panels on the car you should look at doing away with the waist level trim
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2005 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

Since you will be redoing just about all the panels on the car you should look at doing away with the waist level trim

That's waist level? Are you a garden gnome?

Waist level for me is the roof.

PFF
System Bot
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
LOL.......waist level of the car
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

When are you starting on this project ?

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6419&item=4553686 435&rd=1

Looks like he sold the car on eBay.

[This message has been edited by derangedsheep (edited 06-07-2005).]

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoDirect Link to This Post
doubt it would have happened anyways, i dont think some people realize how many hours it would take to create such a car.
Fiero_Adam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I don't think he was planning on using that car for this project. He just used it for photoshopping.
netpro55

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2005 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for netpro55Click Here to visit netpro55's HomePageSend a Private Message to netpro55Direct Link to This Post
probley like 400 hours without paint and finishing
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

No the car on ebay had nothing to do with the project.

He previously said in this thread that he was not using it.

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2005 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
Oh, my bad. I should read more.
jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys Here is the latest, As you have seen One of my cars sold On Ebay, Well that was the start of this journey, I sold this car To fund the widebody adventure, I have 2 other spare chassis that will be used for Mock up, As with any project this will be a lot of work, But I have been doing Custom work like this for many years This project is already started, I will get some of the first Pics Posted By this weekend, I am starting with the nose and front fenders. this Project is STARTED, so Now I need encouragement.... Do doubters On this thread...And It will be completed, It will be a Kit that will be for sale, so we can all have a chance for that exotic car look. ..
Jigsaw

------------------

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
here in Australia we would not be allowed to do this but would have to go thru serveral thousand dollars in engineering certificates to allow this on the road..
but it looks great

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

PFF
System Bot
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
hey jigsaw, the project looks very promising. Nice work. Lets see what one would look like on a notchy

you can color the car if you would like. I prefer orange

someday itll be painted.

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to have to start saving... widebody and a choptop..
rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoDirect Link to This Post
just my opinion, but to me, it looks like a motorbike hit your door and smashed it inside the car... looks funny.
i know it would be a rediculous amount of work, but if you could bring the door outward to meet the other panels, that would be great.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Don't listen, keep it as is.
jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
well If you were to see this in person It would change your mind, Look back at many of the great Race cars that have inspired many exotics and this is Common practice. WIDE fenders, and NArrow Doors. It is simply used to widen the Tract of the car, to increase turning and handling capabilities. I paid a local survey company $980.00 to do a 2 state random survey, They had 3 pics to choose from,
1) where the entire side was widened out for a slab side type look,
2) one where the widebody swept in to meet the doors,
3) and this Pic.
There were 4,000 people surveyed in 2 states Missouri, and Oklahoma
This Sig pic was the clear winner in the Random Un-partial votes.
Trust me, I have done the research, and Have been planning this for a long time. I want something that the majority Likes. And with any other project, The person that buys my kit, always hads the opportunity to customize their kit to suit their taste. My Design is simple Keep the fiero look, but make it More Exotic, and offer it at a good price. and Trust me when you see this in person, You WILL WANT ONE.............
Jigsaw

------------------

jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post

jigsaw

52 posts
Member since Mar 2005
FieroX here you go,

I didnt change the color, The quality of your picture is very bad, so I did the best I could do with what you provided me.
get me a better quality pic to work with and Il can give you a better photoshop... and its a white car, Dont take the pic in full sun, Take it later in the evening at dusk, so the definition will be defined on your car . FieroX So whats the hold up on painting your car? Im only 3 hours away, Bring it down drop it off and Ill give you a killer paint job..I have a huge portfolio of my work Bring it down Ill giver you a Forum Discount.

------------------

crzyone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Given your background, you should look at providing the choptop service as well. Have you considered it with your kit? If I were to get one, I would like it done all at once, would save alot of hastle.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Jigsaw, the holdup is my engine/tranny. Ive had it apart probably 7 times in the last year trying to get everything to hold together. Stuff gets pretty shady when you put down 477 hp and 515 torque at the wheels. I dont want to get it all finished up then have to pull it back apart again and risk messing up the paint job.

As for having it painted, I do body work and paint, and have worked in shops for 7 years. Thanks for the offer though. I have some body work to finish up, and im having my friend bill that used to paint for the last shop i worked at do it for me. I traded him an old pontiac 455 for it, and as soon as I finish it up hes going to lay some spray.

You oughta come up for the KAFC bbq here in a few weeks. Look for the thread it should be here in the first few pages.

Talk to you later,

Ryan

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
so how is the wide body going??? really interested if your just thinking or actually in motion!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock