Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  L67 Swap Pictures "Project Death-Trap" (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
L67 Swap Pictures "Project Death-Trap" by RandomTask
Started on: 05-12-2005 10:55 AM
Replies: 71
Last post by: USFiero on 12-13-2005 11:08 PM
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Some pics of my swap coming along! Here are the first pics, gave the project a name of "Death-Trap" 12 sec 1/4's or bust!

The '86 SE! Iron duke was locked so perfect donor vehicle...
Car in the air, dropping the motor

The '87 GT I picked up locally-- Due to the amount I sold it for I'm not going to disclose what I payed for it, but I snagged the wheels,trans and guagues, sold it and broke even what I payed! If anyone in the Norfolk VA area is looking for some cheap fiero GT's, theres a guy off of pointdexter in old downtown (right off of Rt 464) that has a bunch hes trying to get rid of!

Interior of the '86 is dusty but in decent shape! Have to take care of the typical vinyl seperation though

One of the all brand new turn signals and marker lights I found in the trunk!!
(can't post this pic,in PIP -- unknown error:FTPUploadFile:FTPOpenFil)
Anyways, When I took jumper cables to the battery terminals (there was no vent) I could pop the trunk, opened it up and voila! all new ones in GM wrappers! Also found 4 headlight motors including the two that are already installed, perhaps theres a headlight problem? We'll see.

The iron duke coming out...

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 10-23-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
cont...

The l67 I'm sticking in! Got it out of a '98 Park ave. 40k miles on the motor+ECM+wiring harness all for $800 Getting a 3.2" pulley, some new injectors, custom tubular exhaust (the stock manifolds are HORRIBLY restrictive) and a new cleaner looking fuel rail. Prob throwing a 35 or 50 shot of NO2 on there

Stage III spec clutch i picked up brand new from steen racing for $289 delivered (www.steenracing.com)

Some cancer in the battery tray that I'm going to have to take care of. I'm relocating the battery to the front so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just have to cut it out and MIG some sheet metal back in.

Taking the ECM out and switching the old isuzu shifter cables for new ones for the Getrag

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
The Getrag (about to be sent off to get rebuilt) and thinking about putting in a Phantom LSD, any thoughts on this product? anyone have experience with them?

My cat that won't leave me alone

The car in the air, cradle about to be dropped (this is 2 hours into the project of disassembling)

I have a couple more pics but PIP is really tempermental and won't let my upload them, I tried restarting the program which let me include a couple of these pics, but its dead set on giving me an error for some of them...
More pics to come!

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:
Getting a 3.2" pulley

Thought about Alky or an IC? Most guys have to think seriously about that w/ the 3.2. Would be killer to see tho. If I didn’t have my hands full of my own project, and an empty wallet because of it, there is a lot of really cool stuff that is going on over at CGP w/ Alky injection.

The Getrag (about to be sent off to get rebuilt)

Where are you sending it off to, and what are they asking to have it gone through?

My cat that won't leave me alone

Cool cat
Always nice to have a partner around during the build phase.

--Allen

------------------

[This message has been edited by mcaanda (edited 05-12-2005).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I did a bunch of research for the pulley to see the size I should get, I stumbled across --THIS-- thing on ebay where it suggests the mods you should have for each pulley size. It recommends IC's for sizes under 3.1. eww, I'm desperately trying to stay streetable so I might fall back to a 3.25 pulley. On top of my headers and injectors, I'm having my ECU reprommed for slightly heavier enrichments.

As far as the trans, my neighbor does pro-stock drag racing and owns his own transmission shop. I gave him the trans manual which I purchased from --Rodney Dickman--. I'm having the differential carrier bearings replaced as well as the seals. Hes also going to go through and mic everything to make sure its in order. Hes charging me $250.

Allen, Have you done anything to your L67? Just curious what you're pulling on the 1/4 (if you've run it)

Joe

------------------
Project "Death-Trap" L67 Fiero

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
last time i was down on poindexter he had like 6-7 fiero's that silver one has no windshield, and hasnt had one in 6-7 years, he had a tarp over it when i seen it, all the glass was sitting in the seats.

he told me $300 for the silver 87GT when i was down there, he wanted $3,000 for all of the fiero's but a 86GT that he was keeping for himself.

matthew

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
3800sc w/ 3.4 pulley, headers, getrag, = 13.2 1/4
have fun!
www.fastfieros.com for the reprogramming ecm

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp., fastest one in Austin,Texas and surrounding areas.........so far

FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
My aunt lives close to them thats how m0sh_man saw them. They have been there for a long time. Every time we are down there we stop to see if he would come down on price but he seems very set on his prices.

Angie

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

last time i was down on poindexter he had like 6-7 fiero's that silver one has no windshield, and hasnt had one in 6-7 years, he had a tarp over it when i seen it, all the glass was sitting in the seats.

he told me $300 for the silver 87GT when i was down there, he wanted $3,000 for all of the fiero's but a 86GT that he was keeping for himself.

matthew

Yeah, thats the '87GT he had that I purchased. He has an '88 GT T-Top (I believe) in his shop with like 70k miles that he hasn't driven for in ages. In decent condition actually. He asked my to take my car down there once I'm finished with the conversion so he can take a look at it. He wants to pay me to do the swap on that '86. I have no clue yet what to quote for the work, but we'll see.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

Originally posted by FieroAngel:

My aunt lives close to them thats how m0sh_man saw them. They have been there for a long time. Every time we are down there we stop to see if he would come down on price but he seems very set on his prices.

Angie

Pull out a handful of cash, he'll drop his prices He mentioned to me he just had a lot of people interested but no-one really wanting to complete the transaction.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

I did a bunch of research for the pulley to see the size I should get, I stumbled across --THIS-- thing on ebay where it suggests the mods you should have for each pulley size. It recommends IC's for sizes under 3.1. eww, I'm desperately trying to stay streetable so I might fall back to a 3.25 pulley. On top of my headers and injectors, I'm having my ECU reprommed for slightly heavier enrichments.

You might wanna due some more reading over on Club GP about pulleys and supporting MODS that you need to run what pulley. With no more than what you have listed as MODS, the 3.2 pulley is going to be to small and KR will be your best friend and possibly even a chipped piston. I wouldnt listen to what the E_bay seller is saying in the E-bay ad. Its best to start out with buying a MPS with a 3.4 and go from there, buy a scanner and make sure your not getting KR, then drop down a pulley size and repeat. I am pretty new to the 3800 scene but have read alot and learned alot from FF since I started the swap and completed it. If you wanna run a 3.2 pulley, then for mods you might wanna look into a VS cam or 1.9 rockers, custom PCM, 3in or larger CAI, headers of some sort, colder plugs AL 103s, or a full size IC. These are all MODs that most ppl do right off the bat when modding there 3800s to get more HP but not the KR that goes with it. By no means am I an expert on the 3800 but this is just information that I have read and decided to pass on.

PFF
System Bot
DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2005 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroDirect Link to This Post
I wouldnt go with headers. Just like the headers for the 2.8 its not worth the money. I ported my stock manifolds out. Thats what Im going to be running.
put that money to good use somewhere else on the engine, like a total head job.
Port and polish everything!!! MORE AIR FLOW!!!!

Keep us posted and good luck.

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't planning for actually paying for custom exhaust, I was going to make it. I have a bender and a MIG as well as quick and easy access to a TIG machine. I'll take some pics and post them to show you how horrible the case exhaust manifolds actually are!

Joe

sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
You car is going to be so fast when you get done. Good luck with the build.

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
First buy should be a scanner. I had 1.9 KR with a 3.25" pully, and I had headers, no cat (both kinds ), and an XP cam w/ tuned ECM. Many aren't safe with a 3.4 with rockers, so scan, scan, and rescan!

Greg

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DelawareFiero:

I wouldnt go with headers. Just like the headers for the 2.8 its not worth the money. I ported my stock manifolds out. Thats what Im going to be running.
put that money to good use somewhere else on the engine, like a total head job.
Port and polish everything!!! MORE AIR FLOW!!!!

Keep us posted and good luck.

odd last time I heard headers on a 3800sc were good for 12-18 HP, I won't argue the header statement on the 2.8. With these motors you want them to breathe, headers help them a bunch. Guy I talked to over on clubgp said his brother used WCF headers on his swapped motor in a fiero and saw 14 HP 11 TQ something of that sort, that was the only modification.

as for pulleys mentioned above.

3.4 - 2 stages colder plug, 160-180 tstat, CAI computer (optional)
3.25 - 1.9 rockers or CAM, Headers and the stuff above

anything below that I'd highly suggest an IC.

------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/low_key_88

DelawareFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 139
User Banned

Report this Post05-12-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DelawareFieroSend a Private Message to DelawareFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

odd last time I heard headers on a 3800sc were good for 12-18 HP, I won't argue the header statement on the 2.8. With these motors you want them to breathe, headers help them a bunch. Guy I talked to over on clubgp said his brother used WCF headers on his swapped motor in a fiero and saw 14 HP 11 TQ something of that sort, that was the only modification.

as for pulleys mentioned above.

3.4 - 2 stages colder plug, 160-180 tstat, CAI computer (optional)
3.25 - 1.9 rockers or CAM, Headers and the stuff above

anything below that I'd highly suggest an IC.

Thats cool.
IIRC LilDevils running 12.2 without slicks.
IIRC hes not running headers, hes running stock manifolds.(not sure if they are ported)
But hey if you have that kinda money to put into headers, then go for it.
Just comparing cost to HP thats all.

But my swap is still not done, so dont mind me

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
yeah I won't disagree headers do cost a pretty penny I spent $800 with coating when it was all said and done oh well.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the input guys! perhaps I will drop off to a 3.35" pulley. I'm def going to invest in a scanner, any suggestions where I should purchase one?

I can't wait to get this finished! I'm hoping its going to be fast. I keep talking to local fiero owners around and they all want to do the swap yet have never ending excuses why they haven't. Anyone else in SOVA or VA for that matter, completed this swap? Once I'm done if you're dead serious about doing the swap you're welcome to take a visit to Y-Town VA and go for a ride in mine!

Joe

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2005 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
for what its worth..:
I plan to port the stock manifolds and run a short exhaust first.. want to do some (mild) porting work to the SC/intake/heads too...when taking off some parts for cleaning and painting I found all those little imperfections begging for some work to make it breath better. So its getting closer to a shortblock now..damn! Learning a lot nowadays.

I have looked into water/alky injection but to work well the nozzle(s) need to be fitted AFTER the SC (in compressed air)...hard to accomplish with the 3800SC setup...although its a simple, cheap and effective principle when you get it to work...but now I am considering a ZZP IC and a 3.0 pulley...hope this will work in a daily driver 5 speed. Spec stage 3 looks good, shopping for it too..

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2005 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RandomTask:My cat that won't leave me alone

darn cats. PM me, I live in Hampton. Would love to look over your shoulder/hand you some tools!

------------------
John DuRette
Custom 85 ; 87 Coupe in the driveway. "Kinda makes you nostalgic for a Members Only jacket"

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2005 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
So its been a while since I've updated you on anything. I'll post pics later on this evening but thought I would just update you guys. Motor is out and the new motors wiring harness is in the process of being dis-assembled/unloomed. Had a '96 camaro flywheel cut down to .840" by a local machine shop. Today I went ahead and dropped the fuel tank to install the bigger GSS340 walbro fuel pump. I'm gonna need advice on this one. When I pulled out the old fuel pump and such, it as well as the inside of the tank is an ABSOLUTE mess. Heres what I need answered

1. How do you get rid of 5+ gallons of disguisting/dirty gas?
2. How do you restore the inside of a fuel tank? (theres rust all throughout the inside walls and the plastic baffle makes it difficult to scrub off)

The outside of the tank looks immaculate, but this is what happens after you let fuel sit for 10 years. (It sat so much that the rubber hose that goes from the metal line to the fuel pump turned into the consistancy of black RTV.) Any suggestions? I'll post pics tonight along with more details

------------------
Project "Death-Trap" L67 Fiero

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2005 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
1. uh..burn it
2. from the makers of por-15.
3. pictures!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2005 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
When I dropped the tank on my swap if was half full itself, talk about heavy. I just took it out back and poured it on various Fire Ant piles so I wouldnt be wasting it. I never did do anything to the inside of the tank, I never even looked in it. I am sure you could put some type of cleaner in there and swish it around to knock loose any looks grime or what not.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

So its been a while since I've updated you on anything. I'll post pics later on this evening but thought I would just update you guys. Motor is out and the new motors wiring harness is in the process of being dis-assembled/unloomed. Had a '96 camaro flywheel cut down to .840" by a local machine shop. Today I went ahead and dropped the fuel tank to install the bigger GSS340 walbro fuel pump. I'm gonna need advice on this one. When I pulled out the old fuel pump and such, it as well as the inside of the tank is an ABSOLUTE mess. Heres what I need answered

1. How do you get rid of 5+ gallons of disguisting/dirty gas?
2. How do you restore the inside of a fuel tank? (theres rust all throughout the inside walls and the plastic baffle makes it difficult to scrub off)

The outside of the tank looks immaculate, but this is what happens after you let fuel sit for 10 years. (It sat so much that the rubber hose that goes from the metal line to the fuel pump turned into the consistancy of black RTV.) Any suggestions? I'll post pics tonight along with more details

96' Camaro flywheel ..? the 96 is was the last year of the 3.4 V6 ...97 was the first year of the 3800 V6....so i hope you got the right flywheel..but i maybe wrong.

------------------

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

96' Camaro flywheel ..? the 96 is was the last year of the 3.4 V6 ...97 was the first year of the 3800 V6....so i hope you got the right flywheel..but i maybe wrong.

Did some more research which is now kinda of wierding me out... Autzone lists that in '95 you had the 3.4L and the 3.8L with the 3.4L being the dominant engine (about 98%). In '96 there is just the 3.8L SFI. In '97 theres the 3.4L and the 3.1L only, then back in '98 theres the 3.8L....

Phew! So I checked out www.partsamerica.com , the '96 and newer flywheels are the same PN (6533)... so I got the right thing... Kev why are you trying to scare me like that!

sanderson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sandersonSend a Private Message to sandersonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

When I dropped the tank on my swap if was half full itself, talk about heavy. I just took it out back and poured it on various Fire Ant piles so I wouldnt be wasting it. I never did do anything to the inside of the tank, I never even looked in it. I am sure you could put some type of cleaner in there and swish it around to knock loose any looks grime or what not.

I used same disposal method. It's a target rich environment in Texas.

To clean the tank:

I poured a gallon lacquer thinner in the tank and sloshed it around. Followed that with TSP and hot water. Followed that with phosphoric acid solution and then rinsed it well.

Some people will say to put gravel in the tank and shake it around but I wonder how all the gravel comes out with the plastic baffle in the tank.

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
96 and newer should work...8 bolt holes
when I first got an 95 it had 6 bolt holes so I knew it was the wrong one, got it replaced for a 99 camaro...
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sanderson:

I used same disposal method. It's a target rich environment in Texas.

To clean the tank:

I poured a gallon lacquer thinner in the tank and sloshed it around. Followed that with TSP and hot water. Followed that with phosphoric acid solution and then rinsed it well.

Some people will say to put gravel in the tank and shake it around but I wonder how all the gravel comes out with the plastic baffle in the tank.

I'll try that, thanks for the advice . I'm stil going to need a sending unit as the corrosion on the old one is horrible (the inside of the fuel line is corroded/clogged)

Fie Ro-- yes its 8 bolt, with the offset. machined it down to 0.840" from flange to surface.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Did some more research which is now kinda of wierding me out... Autzone lists that in '95 you had the 3.4L and the 3.8L with the 3.4L being the dominant engine (about 98%). In '96 there is just the 3.8L SFI. In '97 theres the 3.4L and the 3.1L only, then back in '98 theres the 3.8L....

Phew! So I checked out www.partsamerica.com , the '96 and newer flywheels are the same PN (6533)... so I got the right thing... Kev why are you trying to scare me like that!

Didn't mean to LOL ....The 3.1 was never used in the GEN 4 F-body..the 3.4 V6 and LT1 ran from 94-96 and and in 97-02 they went to the 3.8 and the LS1..

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2005 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:
97-02 they went to the 3.8 and the LS1..

Actually the F-Bodies didnt get the LS1 till 1998. They did have the L36 3.8L V6 motors tho...

All V8's 94-97 were the LT1's, while the Vette was the only one to actually get the LS1 in production model vehicles for 1997.

--Allen

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I'm having a difficult time getting PIP to work right now, I'm going to try on a different computer but if that doesn't work I'm switching over to webshots.

I have one more question. If you look at the picture of the engine notice to the right that theres a pulley. If you can follow the belt, you can notice that even further right there is another pulley (but not in the picture). A. will I need to elimate this? It looks like the pulley will interfere with the deck lid mechanism on the side of the firewall. I haven't seen this pulley is most other L67 shots, but most do not provide enough detail of this area as well. Any help guys?

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
As promised (so long ago) more pics! With questions:

Motor and cradle are out...

Dropped the fuel tank and what do you get?

Horrible rust, heading up to MD this weekend to visit lowfierogt, he said he had an 88 with sending unit. Hopefully I can get a ride in that SC car hes selling

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005

The gas pulled out of the tank... it smelled (smelt?) worse than it looks...

Damage to the front left of the car I'm going through. the housing around the light was all banged up, I'm gonna order the flush headlights through norm anyways, and I bent it back out pretty much to the original shape, Theres still some more work I'd like to do.

Everything hanging under the car...

More sending unit rust

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 06-28-2005).]

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
Have to have the daily driver... The Exploder

Modular pulley setup with pulley I ordered from intense

GSS340 walbro fuel pump...

New 120mph and 6cylinder tach I installed already (mileage was set to correct)

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

RandomTask

4539 posts
Member since Apr 2005
Heres a question: On the clutch, do you have to use washers on the place circled in red? If so, how many? or how much? Or do you just tighten down the bejesus out of the pressure plate? In the pic the flywheel was already cut down to .840"

In this pic, I have yet to see a setup with the circled pulley on it, what do you guys do? The motor again is from a '98 Park Avenue, How should I run the serpentine systems?

More pics to come, I promise, and next time, actual build pics as opposed to goodie pics...

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post

Heres a question: On the clutch, do you have to use washers on the place circled in red? If so, how many? or how much? Or do you just tighten down the bejesus out of the pressure plate? In the pic the flywheel was already cut down to .840"

I used the stock V6 pressure plate bolts and I didn't have the same issue as in that picture

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I'll add that those bolts are hand tight, not wrench tight..I can tighten them down all the way, I just wanted to know if thats normal? (having to tighten a gap that large)

[This message has been edited by RandomTask (edited 06-28-2005).]

cunninghamsean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
The bolt thing is normal. As you crank them down the clutch fingers will move in. This creates the presure needed to hold the clutch from slipping.

Sean

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2005 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Any suggestions for the belt/ that tensioner?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock